Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tears to Tiara potentially for me. Everything else interesting I already own.

Anybody care to share one of RightStuf's coupon codes? I'm sure most of us could get at least $60.

Everytime I see "Elfen Lied" I misread it as "F'n Lied". I use to do the same with Gundam Wing and call it "Goddamn Wing". I've seen neither show.

Fullmetal Alchemist season sets are tempting; otherwise, nothing for me on Day 6.

Tears to Tiara is good, but not great. The main issue I had with the series is that the majority of the episodes focus on a particular character's backstory, rather than furthering the plot. After the first few episodes, the main conflict in the show isn't really brought up until the last handful of episodes (with the exception of a few strewn throughout the series). Still, if you like fantasy shows it's worth a look.

Elfen Lied is interesting, that price is actually not bad. If it's never getting blu treatment (which it probably won't), I might bite. Tears to Tiara is very average and un-original. It's like Utwaremono or whatever that horribly named anime is.

What's with that Kimi ni Todoke price? F-that. Reminds me of the Durarara price. Insanity. Next year!

Awww, I really would like to buy Kimi Ni Todoke, but my wife would kill me if I spent $140 on 37 episodes of anime. Anyone seen it and have an opinion?

[quote name='Gden']Awww, I really would like to buy Kimi Ni Todoke, but my wife would kill me if I spent $140 on 37 episodes of anime. Anyone seen it and have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

I've seen I believe all the first season and but never saw the second yet (set contains both). I have to say the anime is excellent some comedy, but very emotional. I actually did cry a few times. It's really cute though, and albeit a little slow, but very good overall. If the whole set was 100 dollars I would bite in an instant. It just seems slightly too high here....may be too new (also these sets have both the bluray/dvd).

[quote name='starkillr']
What's with that Kimi ni Todoke price? F-that. Reminds me of the Durarara price. Insanity. Next year![/QUOTE] It is being released by NIS which, like Aniplex stuff, means you pay what Japan pays. The individual sets are $52 each.

[quote name='Cage017']Everytime I see "Elfen Lied" I misread it as "F'n Lied". I use to do the same with Gundam Wing and call it "Goddamn Wing". I've seen neither show.

Fullmetal Alchemist season sets are tempting; otherwise, nothing for me on Day 6.[/QUOTE]

Just remember those are the original FMA, not Brotherhood.

[quote name='DNukem170']It is being released by NIS which, like Aniplex stuff, means you pay what Japan pays. The individual sets are $52 each.[/QUOTE]
You also need to keep in mind all 3 of these are the premium sets which means it will come in the longer art box and include the art book.
ItemDescription
They will release the standard editions at some point like they always do, but on first releases they usually just put out the premium editions first for most of their anime. Most of your cost is because they are the premium editions instead of just the standard which hasn't been released yet. Aniplex is a whole other story though. ;D

[quote name='Gden']Awww, I really would like to buy Kimi Ni Todoke, but my wife would kill me if I spent $140 on 37 episodes of anime. Anyone seen it and have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

I'm usually a complete sucker for romance anime, but after watching the first 7 episodes of this series, I just couldn't get into it. If you're interested in the series, $140 for all three of the Premium sets is a decent deal.

Otherwise, I'd recommend watching the first few episodes on Hulu to determine if this show is your cup of tea.

The most entertaining aspect of Tears To Tiara is the English dub and the over-the-top accents they all use. Overall, it was a solid show, and I liked that it is based a bit on Celtic/Welsh mythology, tho as usual, the Japanese have their own take on things.

[quote name='killa5k7']How is Kaze no Stigma?[/QUOTE]
Run of the mill, but still an enjoyable watch with a solid English dub.

[quote name='elessar123']I bought Dance in the Vampire Bund last year at Rightstuf for $25.99.... $32.49 is a little high for it.[/QUOTE]
$15 would be too high. The basic premise is ok and I liked the first episode, but the story turns to garbage quick. If it didn't have a loli vampire, I doubt anyone would watch.

]Shit.....may need to drop funds on Clannad..... I don't know why I like shows like that one....
Where everyone gets crapped on and maybe learn to be okay with it or make the most of it....I may have cried......but will deny it if questioned.

Just remember those are the original FMA, not Brotherhood.

I liked the original although I wish the ending was better. I missed a bunch of Brotherhood but I hope the ending is more satisfying.

For those who are thinking about buying Samurai 7, I would suggest passing on it. Not only is it airing on Adult Swim and available on Netflix, it's also pretty bad.

Halfway into the series, I'm convinced rice is to Samurai 7 as spam is to Monty Python.

[quote name='Cage017']I liked the original although I wish the ending was better. I missed a bunch of Brotherhood but I hope the ending is more satisfying.[/QUOTE]

Well the original FMA was left wide open like that too because it wasn't really based off the manga as closely as Brotherhood was. I liked the original FMA, but comparing it to the manga it was pretty much a complete disaster. Brotherhood basically redeemed itself as far as fans of the manga were concerned.

[quote name='Cage017']I liked the original although I wish the ending was better. I missed a bunch of Brotherhood but I hope the ending is more satisfying.[/QUOTE]

FMA suffered what a lot of long-running series suffer from -- the anime getting further ahead than the manga. Bleach, Inuyasha, Kenshin, Naruto, etc. all had this problem. So the anime makes up stuff. And it's never as good.

Brotherhood was made to end alongside the manga, and follows it pretty closely. It takes all the contradictions FMA had, due to not following the manga, and makes the original FMA look pretty horrible.

[quote name='Cage017']I liked the original although I wish the ending was better. I missed a bunch of Brotherhood but I hope the ending is more satisfying.

For those who are thinking about buying Samurai 7, I would suggest passing on it. Not only is it airing on Adult Swim and available on Netflix, it's also pretty bad.

Halfway into the series, I'm convinced rice is to Samurai 7 as spam is to Monty Python.[/QUOTE]

Bah, Samurai 7 was awesome. I still wuv Kiku....

As for FMA, Arakawa actually told the first anime writers to do something different. Except for the whole "people from our world power Amestris' alchemy" thing, I didn't mind the ending. Brotherhood started to fall apart once Father started fighting and eventually became a DBZ clone until the final few minutes of the fight.

[quote name='DNukem170']Bah, Samurai 7 was awesome. I still wuv Kiku....

As for FMA, Arakawa actually told the first anime writers to do something different. Except for the whole "people from our world power Amestris' alchemy" thing, I didn't mind the ending. Brotherhood started to fall apart once Father started fighting and eventually became a DBZ clone until the final few minutes of the fight.[/QUOTE]Not to be a jerk, but you might want to put in spoiler tags for the ending-related parts of your post.

Great deal on Get Backers Collection. Picked that up. If only I hadn't spent all my money on black friday deals I would be getting way more stuff. :(
I also picked Okami-san and Her Seven Companions DVD/Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) Limited Edition.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I Want ROD the TV a lot but can't and won't drop a 100 on it.[/QUOTE]

I picked up that series a while back volume by volume. Freakin vol 1 was a pain in the butt to get cheap because everyone was charging an arm and a leg for it. But I managed to snag it relatively cheap on Ebay.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I Want ROD the TV a lot but can't and won't drop a 100 on it.[/QUOTE]

I picked up that series a while back volume by volume. Freakin vol 1 was a pain in the butt to get cheap because everyone was charging an arm and a leg for it. But I managed to snag it relatively cheap on Ebay.

12day-07-news-665jui.jpg

On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Seven mecha dueling.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 07

^As soon as I saw the Hello Kitty collections, I clicked on their product pages (my younger sister and mom love the property) and was a bit shocked to see counters on both of them. I researched both collections on Amazon and was able to find the Holiday Fun Box for a little over $12 shipped (by Shawnek, no less), so I ordered that from Amazon with my abundant gift card credit. Unfortunately, the Animation Theater collection is a bit more expensive on Amazon, so after careful consideration and noticing that the counter dropped from 13 to 10 in the 5 minutes I took researching the items, I added it, Hetalia S4, and Kobato Collections 1 & 2 to my cart and placed the $59.96 order.

...Now the test begins for whether Tears To Tiara belongs in my collection: If $40-$45 worth of anime pops up during the next few days, there's a strong chance I'll pick them up. :razz:

[quote name='GogetaSS4']
I picked up that series a while back volume by volume. Freakin vol 1 was a pain in the butt to get cheap because everyone was charging an arm and a leg for it. But I managed to snag it relatively cheap on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I've got 3 of 8 of the DVD's now, mostly from FYE's, but I want it on blu-ray for around 20-40 bucks. Not the special edition that they have now. Or just have it on Netflix.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I've got 3 of 8 of the DVD's now, mostly from FYE's, but I want it on blu-ray for around 20-40 bucks. Not the special edition that they have now. Or just have it on Netflix.[/QUOTE]
Ah I didn't know they released a blu-ray upscale.

*golf clap* good job beating Amazon's Kenichi price by 50 cents! Epic. I'm sad that there only seems to be the 1st season of xxxholic out. Guess they weren't able to secure the 2nd season and all the OVAs? Thought they threw some OVAs in a stupid Tsubasa/xxxHolic collection...

On a side note, I clicked on Parasite Dolls to figure out what that was and was greeted with the most bizarre box art that gave me a mixture of laughter and horror. So ugly lol.

So they have every Dragonball series on sale except for the one I don't have: DBZ Kai.

I'm surprised Rightstuf hasn't listed Dead Leaves yet. It seems like it's always on sale.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm surprised Rightstuf hasn't listed Dead Leaves yet. It seems like it's always on sale.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they got tired of putting it on sale since it's always on sale. ;D

[quote name='elessar123']
niceboat3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Confound your boat!

I like the anime so no idea if I will like the game.... of course I realize the game came first.

I don't know how to do the formatting.. But 8th day is up!

Looks like the FMA:B collections are up at 30 bucks a piece.

I still haven't bought anything from this sale.. :'c

12day-08-news-tt1198j.jpg

On the eighth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Eight artists sketching.

DAY 08

[quote name='Crazydom']The FMA:B blu-rays are an amazing 20 cents cheaper than they are at Amazon lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, but things like that just make me order from Amazon out of spite.

[quote name='Cage017']Any recommendations for Dead Space: Downfall?[/QUOTE]
If you're a fan of the game series then you'll enjoy it. It takes place right before the first game and no Issac, but just the remaining survivors of the ship before Issac boards it. So if you like the game and go in expecting some backstory to it and gore and a grisly time, you'll enjoy it. Though a bit off topic, but I tried watching Dead Space: Aftermath and the animation and characters were just frustrating and unbalanced with that one.

Now my own time to ask for recommendations, but how's the Detroit Metal City anime? I Read some of the manga and enjoyed it rather well. Also, how's the live action film of it?

Wow. I remember getting the FMP Blu-ray sets last year for $15-$18 from RightStuf. Sheesh. And why are the FMA Blu-ray and DVD sets priced the same?
Anyway, the two X'amd collections are all that interests me.

[quote name='Gden']I know I've asked this before, but is Xam'd decent?[/QUOTE]

Decent. The first 1/3 of the show was good I thought, then it started declining to just decent. I would say worth watching for sure though.

[quote name='Squall835']Does anyone know if the Guin Saga Blu-Ray is a big upgrade from the DVDs?[/QUOTE]

Curious about this too. Since I'm missing part 2 of the dvd anyways. Added it to my cart to decide upon.

[quote name='Squall835']Does anyone know if the Guin Saga Blu-Ray is a big upgrade from the DVDs?[/QUOTE]

You mean upgrade as far as quality or extras?

[quote name='Squarehard']You mean upgrade as far as quality or extras?[/QUOTE]

Picture/Sound quality, mainly. The dvds already look pretty good, so I'm wondering if the blu is a really big upgrade worth buying into.

bread's done
Back