Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/holiday

12day-13-news-78uu149.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Extended! Countdown to Holiday Savings! @ RightStuf.com

What's on Sale?!

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more! Sale now extended through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now Rightstuf is just toying with me. They have a sale on every volume of Death Note except Volume 13, the one volume I really, really want. Great price on those bundles though. Astro Boy is also tempting.

I noticed Gin Tama only has an English dub for the movie and not the series. What's up with that?

[quote name='Cage017']Ok, now Rightstuf is just toying with me. They have a sale on every volume of Death Note except Volume 13, the one volume I really, really want. Great price on those bundles though. Astro Boy is also tempting.[/QUOTE]

I could have picked up Volume 13 at my local HPB awhile back for $2.50, but it's just so ridiculously huge compared to the other volumes I didn't grab it. It's not like it's part of the series anyways so I didn't feel it was necessary.

Thinking about My Bride Is A Mermaid.

One of the funniest comedy anime I've seen and a great parody of usual harem nonsense.

Man nothing I am too interested in. I want the Eureka Seven Complete Collection 1 since Right Stuff has it for $40 and before that the cheapest I've found it for was $85. However I am wondering, would Rightstuf give it a bigger discount in one of the remaining "days of savings" deals?

Also can anyone recommend me a good complete series under $25?

[quote name='Cage017']Ok, now Rightstuf is just toying with me. They have a sale on every volume of Death Note except Volume 13, the one volume I really, really want. Great price on those bundles though. Astro Boy is also tempting.

I noticed Gin Tama only has an English dub for the movie and not the series. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Regarding Death Note,

It looks like it's just cheaper to go with the black edition bundle from earlier sales. Are there any big differences between the regular volumes vs Black Editions other than the fact that a black edition has 2 volumes?

[quote name='mclovin_it']Man nothing I am too interested in. I want the Eureka Seven Complete Collection 1 since Right Stuff has it for $40 and before that the cheapest I've found it for was $85. However I am wondering, would Rightstuf give it a bigger discount in one of the remaining "days of savings" deals?

Also can anyone recommend me a good complete series under $25? Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's going to be slim to no chance E7 will be showing up in the remaining days of the sale, but if you want to hold on to hope that isn't a problem, but just remember to keep an eye on the quantity counter. ;P

And recommendation wise really depends on your preference for genres and what not since it's kind of spread across the board with many different types of series.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's going to be slim to no chance E7 will be showing up in the remaining days of the sale, but if you want to hold on to hope that isn't a problem, but just remember to keep an eye on the quantity counter. ;P

And recommendation wise really depends on your preference for genres and what not since it's kind of spread across the board with many different types of series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I thought. I bought Eureka 7 Vol. 3, 6, 9, and 10 special editions a few days ago because they were dirt cheap. Looked for the other volumes but they are really expensive so I guess I'll bite on collection 1 and hopefully get collection 2 for a good price later on.

Haha yeah common sense to put in my favorite genres and such oops. I don't really watch much anime and have recently been trying to get into it so i don't really have that much of a preference on genres but from the anime I've seen my favorites so far are E7, Baccano!, Berserk, FLCL, Tiger and Bunny, and Cowboy Bebop.

[quote name='jman2avatar']Any thoughts on Gunslinger Girl?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Squarehard']First series good, all downhill after that, so if anything pick up the first season, but personally I wouldn't recommend the second.[/QUOTE]

First season was great (one of my absolute favorites), with high production values. Season 2 was a disappointment, especially considering the manga of it was better than season 1. Basically, watch the first season, and read the manga for the rest.

[quote name='whippleman']Anyone have any thoughts on Noein? Looks interesting and you can't beat the price.[/QUOTE]
I would it buy it at that price. The counter is going down though. I would make your decision soon.

[quote name='WTK']I would it buy it at that price. The counter is going down though. I would make your decision soon.[/QUOTE]

I want to jump on it at that price but the $4.00 shipping keeps glaring at me as I wait for more things to appear later down the road so I can buy everything all at once and skip the shipping costs.. :'c

[quote name='WTK']I would it buy it at that price. The counter is going down though. I would make your decision soon.[/QUOTE]

Jesus I was hoping to wait until at least day 11 to buy it! Now I have to put together another order and I will haz no money for the last two days. :cry:

Noein is awesome, but very Mind Screwy, so if you dislike those series, don't buy it.

Nobody asked, but Cybuster is awful, don't bother.

Someone asked about Laughing Man. It is a compilation movie and feels like one. If you have the series, don't bother.

A warning about Gunslinger Girl: the first two episodes are very boring. Rest of the season rocks, but don't leave after Episode 2.

Someone asked about GinTama. Sentai did not think it was profitable to dub Gintama originally, but then the series became popular enough to make a one-off movie dub feasible.

And now, my own Q. Anyone know what kind of packaging Princess Tutu is? It isn't the ADV release, so it isn't the thinpak, but is it the thick clamshell the Sentai releases are, or is it as thick as a regular DVD case?

Another vote for Gunslinger Girls season 1. Great quality, great music, great story.

Season 2 however, smh. Why did they even allow that to be released? They can't give us a high quality season 1 then expect us to be okay with a shit quality season 2. I remember the claw hands. Lol though I heard they fixed that for the DVD release. Still never forget :p

[quote name='mclovin_it']Haha yeah common sense to put in my favorite genres and such oops. I don't really watch much anime and have recently been trying to get into it so i don't really have that much of a preference on genres but from the anime I've seen my favorites so far are E7, Baccano!, Berserk, FLCL, Tiger and Bunny, and Cowboy Bebop.[/QUOTE]
Well, I went looking through the list of stuff and found a good starting point for shows to look into. It's in whatever order I happened to write them down in :D

Eden of the East (although the movies will push it above $25), Mahoromatic (full metal maid + I'm Home), Boogiepop Phantom, Last Exile, Elfen Lied, Chrono Crusade, Ouran High School Host Club, Pumpkin Scissors (the series just "ends" so if you don't like that, steer clear), Welcome to The NHK, Rahxephon, Rozen Maiden.

And for good measure, here's the items saved in my cart that meet that criteria:
No. 6, Allison & Lilia, A-Channel

Not sure why everyone is hating on S2 of Gunslinger Girl. It introduces some strange changes like art and VA in S2, but I didn't find the animation or story to be that terrible. Note I've never read the manga, so maybe that's where the hate comes from. It's not as great as S1, but I enjoyed it. I only bought the blu ray versions, no experience with DVD versions.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Any reason to get this if you own :dvd:GITS:SAC S1+S2 + :br:Solid State Society? I mean, a whole season wrap up in 2hrs seems like it misses a lot, yeah?

Since :br:Individual 11 may pop up in Day 11/12, same question? :D[/QUOTE]

I had picked it up just to see some of SAC on blu-ray, but so much of the story was removed, it was an unsatisfactory viewing experience, so I would say skip them.

You get a +1 for the Rose avatar though. :)

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Princess Tutu was a great anime. I thought the choice of music was excellent.[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't then that was pretty much half the anime. ;D

[quote name='starkillr']Not sure why everyone is hating on S2 of Gunslinger Girl. It introduces some strange changes like art and VA in S2, but I didn't find the animation or story to be that terrible. Note I've never read the manga, so maybe that's where the hate comes from. It's not as great as S1, but I enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
I agree. S1 is way better, but S2 is still worth a watch. Triela and Claes get more screen time in S2

[quote name='starkillr']Not sure why everyone is hating on S2 of Gunslinger Girl. It introduces some strange changes like art and VA in S2, but I didn't find the animation or story to be that terrible. Note I've never read the manga, so maybe that's where the hate comes from. It's not as great as S1, but I enjoyed it. I only bought the blu ray versions, no experience with DVD versions.[/QUOTE]

I also found S2 to be be good on its own merits despite the lesser quality of animation when put up against season 1 (one of Madhouse's best looking). The story actually hews closer to the manga, which I started picking up in newer omnibus format after watching both anime seasons. And I especially welcome (ymmv) the focus on Triela/Hilshire vs. Pinnochio. Other things like J. Michael Tatum taking over as va for Hilshire are an even trade at worst.

[quote name='mclovin_it']Yeah that's what I thought. I bought Eureka 7 Vol. 3, 6, 9, and 10 special editions a few days ago because they were dirt cheap. Looked for the other volumes but they are really expensive so I guess I'll bite on collection 1 and hopefully get collection 2 for a good price later on.

Haha yeah common sense to put in my favorite genres and such oops. I don't really watch much anime and have recently been trying to get into it so i don't really have that much of a preference on genres but from the anime I've seen my favorites so far are E7, Baccano!, Berserk, FLCL, Tiger and Bunny, and Cowboy Bebop.[/QUOTE]

list-of-worthwhile-anime.jpg

Hellsing Ultimate is worthwhile? Really? Unless they completely changed it from the last volume of the manga, which made no fucking sense and threw everything out the window in a rush to get it done then I'd beg to differ.

Like with any list you can't make everyone happy,considering everyone has a different opinion. This list does forget a lot of stuff like with any list, but is mostly solid if you ask me.

[quote name='bardockkun']Hellsing Ultimate is worthwhile? Really? Unless they completely changed it from the last volume of the manga, which made no fucking sense and threw everything out the window in a rush to get it done then I'd beg to differ.[/QUOTE]

I can't comment on the ending, but I can say that what I've seen leading up to it so far is fucking superb. Hellsing is supposed to not make sense. It would just be weird otherwise... haha

I don't remember when I bought Noein but I really love that show.

Also, my wife went on rightstuf to buy me Clannad and After Story on bluray for X-Mas while logged in as me. I got an email saying my order was received even though I never put one through. :D I'll still acted surprised.

[quote name='mxwise']Does anyone know if the Moribito blu ray is an improvement over the dvd?[/QUOTE]

I know this was two days ago, but I don't think anyone has replied to this. I don't own the dvds for this show, but the Blu-Ray looks amazing, I would suggest buying it if you really liked the show and will watch it again.

[quote name='Zaku77']I can't comment on the ending, but I can say that what I've seen leading up to it so far is fucking superb. Hellsing is supposed to not make sense. It would just be weird otherwise... haha[/QUOTE]
Uh, don't read if you don't want the manga ending spoiled for you. Though just got to air this out.
There's a point where even I have to say "OH C'MON!" That wasn't Walter's stupid betrayal that made no sense or the whole scheme of Millennium, but Alucard transforming into Dracula THEN turning into a little girl as his ultimate form. Wait, what? Seriously, what?!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']That's a scrub tier list. Where'd you get it from, Cartoon Network forums?[/QUOTE]

Should've used a better example like Myanimelist forums,but whatever.

Hellsing ultimate is not yet finished...... and at the time of the pic upload it was at 8 [10(final) is coming in a few weeks] and up through 8 it is quite entertaining.

When I saw claymore on the list I was skeptical, but I like the 1-2 sentence blurbs about each anime, nice share.

[quote name='themaster20000']Should've used a better example like Myanimelist forums,but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting the list, I appreciate it. I'm constantly looking for anime recommendations, but I haven't had time to look through lists and figure out what I might be interested in. I tried to do this last night and earlier today based on what Rightstuf has for sale and didn't get too far.

That said... I've watched a few animes a number of times (Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll probably more than any others) and seen Akira, Tekkon Kinreet, Princess Mononoke, Paprika, Blood: The Last Vampire, Spirited Away and Castle of Cagliostro at least once each. I own, but have yet to watch: Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Nausicaa and Casshern Sins. There are probably a few titles I'm forgetting, but these are the ones I remember off-hand. I love Ghost In The Shell, Tekkon Kinkreet, Blood, and Spirited Away, but didn't like Paprika, and the pacing/story of Princess Mononoke is a bit dull for me. Also, as much as I like Ninja Scroll, the gratuitous sex and violence is a bit much.

Based on the plot of Freedom, I think I'd enjoy that quite a bit, as well as the Soul Eater series and possibly Appleseed (not sure if I should go with both films, or just try Ex Machina). I considered Grave of the Fireflies, but it just seems really depressing, and for some reason, I recall ruling out 5 Centimeters Per Second this time last year when Buy.com had their sale.

If anyone would be able to provide additional recommedations based on this post, I'd really appreciate it. I'm always looking for more intellectually-stimulating (and fun!) anime. Thanks in advance for any ideas/recommendations :cool:

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I really wish the Gurren Lagann movies would go on sale....[/QUOTE]

They are on one of the T1-3 lists. Only $10 off as a bundle, it seems. Its Aniplex, so wont be a huge discount.

[quote name='waxHead']I'm always looking for more intellectually-stimulating (and fun!) anime. Thanks in advance for any ideas/recommendations :cool:[/QUOTE]

I would super extremely highly recommend Death Note immediately then.

[quote name='gpn']I had picked it up just to see some of SAC on blu-ray, but so much of the story was removed, it was an unsatisfactory viewing experience, so I would say skip them.

You get a +1 for the Rose avatar though. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='waxHead']Thank you for posting the list, I appreciate it. I'm constantly looking for anime recommendations, but I haven't had time to look through lists and figure out what I might be interested in. I tried to do this last night and earlier today based on what Rightstuf has for sale and didn't get too far.

That said... I've watched a few animes a number of times (Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll probably more than any others) and seen Akira, Tekkon Kinreet, Princess Mononoke, Paprika, Blood: The Last Vampire, Spirited Away and Castle of Cagliostro at least once each. I own, but have yet to watch: Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Nausicaa and Casshern Sins. There are probably a few titles I'm forgetting, but these are the ones I remember off-hand. I love Ghost In The Shell, Tekkon Kinkreet, Blood, and Spirited Away, but didn't like Paprika, and the pacing/story of Princess Mononoke is a bit dull for me. Also, as much as I like Ninja Scroll, the gratuitous sex and violence is a bit much.

Based on the plot of Freedom, I think I'd enjoy that quite a bit, as well as the Soul Eater series and possibly Appleseed (not sure if I should go with both films, or just try Ex Machina). I considered Grave of the Fireflies, but it just seems really depressing, and for some reason, I recall ruling out 5 Centimeters Per Second this time last year when Buy.com had their sale.

If anyone would be able to provide additional recommedations based on this post, I'd really appreciate it. I'm always looking for more intellectually-stimulating (and fun!) anime. Thanks in advance for any ideas/recommendations :cool:[/QUOTE]

I loved the first Appleseed and the music is awesome, have the album. Appleseed Ex Machina :br: gets really cheap often, so that's an easy pick with no regret. I have the :dvd:Steelcase LE of Appleseed, never could find a good price on the :br:. I'd recommend both. DVD of Appleseed is so cheap used. Camel shows :br: of Ex Machina down to $9.99, that's when I got it but it's only $11.49 right now, beating Rightstuf.

More recommendations that I did not see on that list, but I enjoyed and thought I'd share maybe someone else does too: Zone of the Enders and Star Ocean EX. ZoE is only the same universe as the video game, it's a prequel and there is no need to have played the game. Star Ocean on the other hand, is basically the first 2 (of 4) discs of the PS1 game. Problem is they never brought it back for a 2nd season so I'm sad :( I've heard they did 5 JP voice CDs with same VA's to finish it, but I need subtitles, heh.

Edit: Barrels.

12day-11-news-ppo116g.jpg

On the eleventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Eleven epic swordfights.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

DAY 11

[quote name='Squarehard']Looks like I'll be holding out for the final day before I check out.[/QUOTE]

How long can items stay in your cart before going to checkout?

I might get Burn-Up since its a old school classic.

Those prices for Pluto aren't too bad. I'm missing volumes 2, 7, and 8, so I guess I'll add them to my "cart" for now.

[quote name='Zaku77']Baccano is supposed to be really damn good, right?[/QUOTE]It's supposed to be, and it is. My brother and I LOVED it. So freaking awesome...

[quote name='dios']How long can items stay in your cart before going to checkout?

I might get Burn-Up since its a old school classic.[/QUOTE]

When you add them to cart just mark them as save for later, otherwise the items in cart usually gets cleared out every 24 hours or so.

I have so many things saved in my cart at the moment, so I really hope these last two days won't be putting a hurt on my wallet too much further.

Hopefully tomorrow Chrome Shelled Regios shows up. I only managed to save ~$50ish for one last order tomorrow so hopefully the Dark Lord doesn't pull out too many cards on the last day.

[quote name='whippleman']Hopefully tomorrow Chrome Shelled Regios shows up. I only managed to save ~$50ish for one last order tomorrow so hopefully the Dark Lord doesn't pull out too many cards on the last day.[/QUOTE]

Not going to wait for the 13th day?

[quote name='Zaku77']Baccano is supposed to be really damn good, right?[/QUOTE]

It's okay, but the pacing is off and lots of scenes don't fit well (I'm not talking about the anachronological storyline, which I thought was cool).

When people talk about how good it is, they're only thinking of the scenes aboard The Flying Pussyfoot. But since, oh, 40% of the story takes place in New York, you have to deal with the many lows that accompany that setting (the NY information brokers are terribly boring).

There are some standout characters in the cast, but while you could tell there were some cool things going on with them, everything felt rushed, like it was directed by someone who was in over his head.

All in all, it's an 8/10, so it's still good. And it's definitely what I'd class as something that I could recommend to someone new to anime (because it's set in the USA). But don't be fooled by people telling you it's the greatest thing ever because it's not.

bread's done
Back