Humble Bundle Thread

In my world, trap has a different meaning.

People have told me the pigeon sex sim is good, but I don't know if I want to give money to the Loren dev.
Just put the slider all the way over on Charity and you'll feel better about getting such a steal on that case.

Kinda ashamed to admit that I'm thinking about BTA'ing the Capcom bundle, by the way. It would be nice if we got more than just Episode 1 of Revelations 2. Any guesses on the unlocks, and does anyone think it'll go up once they're revealed?

I don't think people are paying attention to the plot in Sakura Spirit.
bg5teG7.gif

Kinda ashamed to admit that I'm thinking about BTA'ing the Capcom bundle, by the way. It would be nice if we got more than just Episode 1 of Revelations 2. Any guesses on the unlocks, and does anyone think it'll go up once they're revealed?
This sounds like more MysterD type of thoughts + questioning.

Oh, and to answer your question...

shrug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Funniest part is those two budget games have SecuRom.
Age of Booty can no longer be purchased on Steam because of the GameSpy shutdown (the store page is still up though.) And Flock is... well, a lot of people seem to have issues with the game on 64-bit operating systems.

I still think the unlocks will be one or both Dead Rising 2s, or maybe Lost Planet 2 (unlikely due to GFWL causing it to not be available worldwide.)

It would be amazing if they decided to add Street Fighter X Tekken... it's not going to happen, of course. I just wish they would.

DR2 or OTR is probably a given.  Not sure about the other Lost Planets.  I'm guessing they were better games than 3 which is why 3 is in the dollar tier.  Most of the added games in the past several Humbles have been pretty lackluster.  Usually no more than two or three and mediocre ones at best.  Gone are the days where people were pleasantly surprised by the additions.

I wouldn't say the other LPs are better (Hell, I could argue both are just as weak as LP3 but in completely opposite ways but I don't know that I'd win that argument.) but there's no way we're getting LP2. It still has GFWL. LP1 original uses steam. LP1 Colonies Edition uses GFWL.

In my world, trap has a different meaning.

People have told me the pigeon sex sim is good, but I don't know if I want to give money to the Loren dev.
What's wrong with the Loren dev?

I wouldn't say the other LPs are better (Hell, I could argue both are just as weak as LP3 but in completely opposite ways but I don't know that I'd win that argument.) but there's no way we're getting LP2. It still has GFWL. LP1 original uses steam. LP1 Colonies Edition uses GFWL.
We've gotten GFWL games in Humbles before, though. MK Arcade Collection on the WB Humble, plus Dirt 3 (though that was removed eventually) and Operation Flashpoint on the Codies one.

Of course, Capcom may not want to give those games, since their GFWL stuff doesn't even go on sale anymore.

Hopefully, the Capcom BTA's are offering-up something I don't own yet....

....which would include the following:

Resident Evil 4 Steam-version, Resident Evil HD, Resident Evil ORC, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Dead Rising 3, Mega Man Legacy, Dark Void, DuckTales Remastered.

We've gotten GFWL games in Humbles before, though. MK Arcade Collection on the WB Humble, plus Dirt 3 (though that was removed eventually) and Operation Flashpoint on the Codies one.

Of course, Capcom may not want to give those games, since their GFWL stuff doesn't even go on sale anymore.
That was before everyone paniced and converted games to Steamworks because it was thought that Microsoft was abandoning GFWL.

Oh and I kind of agree with RollingSkull, Lost Planet 3 isn't really much worse than any of the other Lost Planets. I like it more than 1 and 2.

Hopefully, the Capcom BTA's are offering-up something I don't own yet....

....which would include the following:

Resident Evil 4 Steam-version, Resident Evil HD, Resident Evil ORC, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Dead Rising 3, Mega Man Legacy, Dark Void, DuckTales Remastered.
Operation Raccoon City also has GFWL. And Capcom left it for dead (aheh) very shortly after release.

for some reason i guess i expected valentines day 2 weekly to be released near valentine's day
Poopees has been doing "Be Mine" bundles every 5 minutes for years because their first bundle was supposed to come out around Valentines Day and they were too fucking lazy to think of a new name.

OMG Humble copied Poopees! Every1 copiez Poopees cuz they jelly.

Poopees has been doing "Be Mine" bundles ever 5 minutes for years because their first bundle was supposed to come out around Valentines Day and they were too fucking lazy to think of a new name.
Meh, we can't check every bundle site.

I hear the dev's better at racing games than Fox is, which is a big no-no. You don't get to be better at a game than him without incurring his jelly wrath.

I know this isn't really the place for it, but Humble's site is still acting up for me. If anybody's got an extra BTA (especially in gift link form) they wouldn't mind parting with for a reasonable fee, please PM me.

I'm so glad I bought that Humble Game Maker bundle. Created my Yoyo account, activated it and it won't sign me in. Changed my password and tried again and nope. So now we'll see how long it takes for them to respond, plus I still have to wait two weeks after I activate my keys to get my Steam keys.

Chie is a slut.

Also if the Humble Crapcom Bundle somehow adds DmC Definitive Edition as a BTA game I will pay $200 just FYI. One of the few things consoles have over on us master race

Money on the table Crapcom. Your move now. Give me my damn 60 FPS fuck YOOOOOOU

DmC has no FPS cap on PC.

dmc-devil-may-cry-tes8yy79.png

From Digital Foundry:

The end result? Texture detail can look rather blurred on PS4, something that certainly isn't a problem on the PC game - and remarkably, even the last-gen versions of DmC resolve more texture detail at a distance. We're still working on our analysis of the Xbox One version of the Definitive Edition, but just a quick look at the game on the Microsoft console reveals a decent level of anisotropic filtering in place, producing a cleaner, more detailed looking game than its PS4 counterpart...

In most areas, the Definitive Edition is a close match to the PC version operating at a maxed out state. Factoring out the dodgy texture filtering, the overall presentation is remarkably close between the two versions, with only the post-process anti-aliasing, more conservative motion blur and tweaked lighting offering much in the way of comparison points. The work here is competent then, but not really exceptional.

So the question is really to what extent the game is indeed the Definitive Edition it claims to be. Content-wise, there's little argument - this is a compendium of everything DmC-related in one complete package with some minor bonus extras. However, Devil May Cry's core appeal has always concentrated on the gameplay and given the rock-solid frame-rates offered by the PC game, we can't help but feel that this remains the preferable release - even though the DLC isn't bundled. However, bar the odd glitch, the PS4 game isn't that far behind its PC counterpart, and if your only experience of DmC is the Xbox 360 or PS3 release and you don't own a gaming PC, the Definitive Edition on PS4 is perhaps worth a look.

Having played both, I can only offer an anecdote that the DmCDE animation looks a lot more fluid and smooth than it did on PC. Plus, the numerous balance changes in the style system and the addition of the hardcore mode modifier (and turbo mode) really make it quite sexy. I am hugely in favor of DmC PC mods though but they don't quite match what DmCDE offers.

Plus a Vergil BP that isn't an imprecise hack.

tl;dr: I played both. I want DE on PC. I used 60 fps as a joke, I prefer all the other fixes and tune-ups. Hell, I think they improve DmC far more than DMC4SE fixes, or rather fails to fix, all the problems with DMC4.

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12973766" timestamp="1445105025"]Well once again something flies totally over your head.[/quote]
I roll to Save vs. Aspergers...
A '1'...critical failure!

B/c I really liked RE4+5; and was very curious about the RE6 game despite peoples' opinions. I couldn't resist back then, when it hit $10. Plus, we all know how Capcom can be w/ discounting - i.e. not always that great.

Granted, while I liked RE6, even despite its flaws and all; it's nowhere as good as the previous 2 RE's, IMHO.

Hell, RE6 isn't even as good as RE: Revelations 1.

I wouldn't go THAT far, RER1 was pretty bad...

Nah I think I would. RER1 beats RE6, except maybe for some definitions of Mercenaries vs Raid and RE5 still has the best Mercenaries on average.

B/c I really liked RE4+5; and was very curious about the RE6 game despite peoples' opinions. I couldn't resist back then, when it hit $10. Plus, we all know how Capcom can be w/ discounting - i.e. not always that great.

Granted, while I liked RE6, even despite its flaws and all; it's nowhere as good as the previous 2 RE's, IMHO.

I was tempted when it got such a deep discount too. I wasn't that invested in the series though so found other stuff to play instead.

Outside impressions are good for knowing what you are getting into, but sometimes you've got to experience it for yourself and make up your own mind. Even a bad game can be an interesting experience if you didn't pay too much for it.

I wouldn't go THAT far, RER1 was pretty bad...

Nah I think I would. RER1 beats RE6, except maybe for some definitions of Mercenaries vs Raid and RE5 still has the best Mercenaries on average.
I actually liked RE:R1 (PC) quite a bit, so.... :p

Since I needed my survival-horror fix, after all these years, I finally checked-out SH: Homecoming (PC). Almost 4 hours into it. Man, this game has all kinds of odd + annoying issues. The game is good, but certainly doesn't deserve this kind of horrible PC port.

Sounds not playing properly here and there (which is the first game I've had issues w/ this on this PC); 30 FPS cap (which would be okay, but it's not b/c it does took performance hits); performance drops at 1080p on High to 15-20 frames (dropping to Medium solved this, for now); gameplay pauses, loads, and/or stutters for no reason for a few seconds sometimes even when I'm in the midst of something sometimes (like combat, cut-scene happens, enter a new area on the same map, etc); for a game also on X360, the PC controller supports XB controller but doesn't list the XB controls (it users numbers for buttons, which has been modded to be fixed at least); no option to turn grain filter off (a mod can solve this); etc.

And it's not like this game deserved such a "meh" PC port. It's not like it's a bad game; just a pretty bad technical port. Granted, I've played only SH1 (PSX) and SH2+3+4 (PC) - but the controls here are much-much better than the older SH's (SH1, 2, 3 & 4). This game certainly gets a bunch of other things right. You feel like way less of a tank than previous SH games - which makes sense story-wise + character-wise b/c your character's from the military. Gunplay, melee, and gameplay feels much smoother here for combat than ever before in a SH game.

The story, voice-acting, and horror here certainly seems decent enough here + interesting enough as even despite the technical issues so far, so I still want to press forward and keep on playing. I just don't know if the technical issues are going to eventually hit a point where the game's going to stop me from continuing.

RE6 is a clusterfuck in terms of scenario design, but the combat is incredibly robust -- second only to Vanquish, as far as I'm concerned. The surface is pure rat poison, but if you're willing to scrape it all away, there's a lot to love.

Revelations, on the other hand, is terrible (imo, of course). Combat was awful, the dodge/parry mechanics being the worst offender. It had its moments, but otherwise it's the typical garbage design the series is unironically praised for.

If you want a good third-person shooter with zombies, I suggest checking out The Evil Within. It's a lot better than people give it credit for, particularly on Akumu.

RE4 - Good story, good combat, overall great singleplayer

RE5 - Good co-op, similar combat to RE4, but mediocre singleplayer

RE6 - Great co-op, lots of characters to choose from and different story scenarios (can be a pro or a con), shit singleplayer, steamlined combat but fun, some poor UI/controls design

Revelations 1 - Great story, weak combat, it's a 3DS port so its flaws tend to show, good singleplayer

The games have completely different playstyles, so it doesn't make much sense to compare them. If you're playing them wrong (like RE5/RE6 singleplayer) then you're not going to get the full experience.

RE6 is a clusterfuck in terms of scenario design, but the combat is incredibly robust -- second only to Vanquish, as far as I'm concerned. The surface is pure rat poison, but if you're willing to scrape it all away, there's a lot to love.

Revelations, on the other hand, is terrible (imo, of course). Combat was awful, the dodge/parry mechanics being the worst offender. It had its moments, but otherwise it's the typical garbage design the series is unironically praised for.

If you want a good third-person shooter with zombies, I suggest checking out The Evil Within. It's a lot better than people give it credit for, particularly on Akumu.
I do have TEW - but other games got in its way. I'm sure I'll get back to it; but yeah, it's pretty good from what I played, IMHO.

EDIT:

[Spoder's RE4,5,6, RE Rev opinion]

RE4 - Good story, good combat, overall great singleplayer

RE5 - Good co-op, similar combat to RE4, but mediocre singleplayer

RE6 - Great co-op, lots of characters to choose from and different story scenarios (can be a pro or a con), shit singleplayer, steamlined combat but fun, some poor UI/controls design

Revelations 1 - Great story, weak combat, it's a 3DS port so its flaws tend to show, good singleplayer

The games have completely different playstyles, so it doesn't make much sense to compare them. If you're playing them wrong (like RE5/RE6 singleplayer) then you're not going to get the full experience.
Have you played any of the episodes or all of episodes for RE Revelations 2 yet?

I played RE5+6 solo mostly - and really liked them. Though, I didn't like RE6 as much as RE5.

Of course, RE4 is my favorite RE - and actually, where I started playing the series.

For RE6 - namely, I liked best the first episode (Leon's episode) and the last one best (Ada's episode). While I didn't have Co-Op set to On, I had the online invasion on. I thought the online invasion stuff was pretty damn cool.

bread's done
Back