Humble Bundle Thread

So, hmmm - when are them Activision and Bethesda Humble Bundles coming...?
Bethesda already sells their games at bundle prices. Figure any Bethesda Humble would probably include Fallout 3 (which is like $5 for GOTY edition) and Skyrim ($7.50 for that) in the BTA tier which would most likely be $10+ Then the rest would be trash like Rogue Warrior and the ever elusive BRINK!

Not a fan of how you have to spend at least $1 on every bundle to get anything now. Humble Bundle, more like Haughty, Pretentious Bundle Hipsters.
You can still penny in for the book bundles, and it looks like you can get Missing for a penny in the weekly. But yeah, I'm seeing that on the mobile bundle, at least, which is different, but not exactly a deal breaker if you want the stuff.

You can still penny in for the book bundles, and it looks like you can get Missing for a penny in the weekly. But yeah, I'm seeing that on the mobile bundle, at least, which is different, but not exactly a deal breaker if you want the stuff.
Hmm, maybe for most. I tried pennying the Goosebumps bundle and got nothing for it, had to increase my donation to $1. Wondering how many other things I've paid less than a buck for to get the base tier and gotten nothing instead...

The Build a Daedalic bundle isn't too bad at 90% off, but there's only two games I need from that collection due to their propensity to bundle. Still, $4.60 for Anna's Quest and Zanzarah plus 3 games I can give away isn't terrible. Of course, then again, I'm not likely to actually play them before they do get bundled...

Hmm, maybe for most. I tried pennying the Goosebumps bundle and got nothing for it, had to increase my donation to $1. Wondering how many other things I've paid less than a buck for to get the base tier and gotten nothing instead...
I pennied in for the Goosebumps bundle just fine.

I got Civ IV + V Complete, and Xcom Enemy Within in the winter sale.

You're goddamn welcome.

(Also fuck Humble i have a sealed retail Beyond Earth box I won't be able to sell now. fuck!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Firaxis Bundle

utNHSHO.png

$1

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    N1sut8h.png
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Ace Patrol Bundle
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    N1sut8h.png
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
    k08ZaGN.png
BTA

• Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    N1sut8h.png
  • Sid Meier's Starships
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    N1sut8h.png
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • XCOM: Enemy Within
    k08ZaGN.png
  • 10% off Humble Monthly
week two additions:

• X-COM: Complete Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
    k08ZaGN.png
$15

• Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    N1sut8h.png
  • Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack
    k08ZaGN.png
  • 33% off for Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide DLC

"NOTE: Keys in this bundle are packaged together by tier and cannot be separated."

[customspoiler=icon key]
k08ZaGN.png
Steam key ...
8b23Ujb.png
DRM-free ...
oHWVeIr.png
soundtrack ...
N1sut8h.png
cards[/customspoiler]

Tempted to get it for Beyond Earth but I damn well know I am better off waiting for the complete edition of that game. Since I do the monthly that coupon is basically $1.20 off.

BTA unlocks:

X-COM: Terror from the Deep

X-COM: Apocalypse

X-COM: Interceptor

X-COM: UFO Defense

X-COM: Enforcer

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack

I need Pirates.  Probably best to try to trade for it or get it in a split, though.  The BTA tier would be the coupon and Starships, which seems a bit much with the BTA price where it is.  I bought the two XCOM DLC packs recently from Amazon and haven't touched them.  I bought Enemy Within quite some time ago from GMG and haven't touched that either.   Bleh.

I need Pirates. Probably best to try to trade for it or get it in a split, though. The BTA tier would be the coupon and Starships, which seems a bit much with the BTA price where it is. I bought the two XCOM DLC packs recently from Amazon and haven't touched them. I bought Enemy Within quite some time ago from GMG and haven't touched that either. Bleh.
Each tier is a single key.

Think I am going to end up in the $15 tier. Did $1 because pirates. I don't own Xcom at all which people rave about + the monthly coupon makes me want to go up to $6.51. Also who knows what they will add? It could be a boat! Once I am sitting at $6.51 the extra $8.49 for beyond earth seems easy. DAMN YOU HUMBLE.

Is the Xcom DLC worthwhile? Maybe I can just stay at $1 and play the base game.

10% off the monthly?

What, they think im gonna waste my moneys on the monthly fail just cuz i save a buck?

yeah, probably. Good on you, Humble, you bastards.

Think I am going to end up in the $15 tier. Did $1 because pirates. I don't own Xcom at all which people rave about + the monthly coupon makes me want to go up to $6.51. Also who knows what they will add? It could be a boat! Once I am sitting at $6.51 the extra $8.49 for beyond earth seems easy. DAMN YOU HUMBLE.

Enemy Within is supposed to be a quality expansion, so you have to factor that in too.

I'm glad this didn't start out much cheaper; I just saw it at $7.10, which will be a hard sell for just Starships and Enemy Within. I already have everything else. I "feel" (i.e., too lazy to check, but. . .) that both of those have been cheaper or really close to $3.50. Because these are all single-tier keys, it feels even less worthwhile.

Enemy Within is supposed to be a quality expansion, so you have to factor that in too.

I'm glad this didn't start out much cheaper; I just saw it at $7.10, which will be a hard sell for just Starships and Enemy Within. I already have everything else. I "feel" (i.e., too lazy to check, but. . .) that both of those have been cheaper or really close to $3.50. Because these are all single-tier keys, it feels even less worthwhile.
Lowest was around $5.44 or $5.66 i think.

As someone who has never played it...

XCOM: Enemy Within - YES

Soldier Pack - Its more options to customize your soldiers with. (Including spikey flat top from the original games.) - POSSIBLE

Slingshot - Story mission - NOT REALLY (but your already committed by this point.)

$6.51 for all of XCOM is a real steal.

If the BTA was lower, I'd be in just for EW but only other game in the BTA tier I don't own in Starships and really not interested in that. Also, from what I recall hearing/reading, Beyond Earth really doesn't get good til you get Rising Tide, and even with 33% off that's another $20 on top of the $15. 

(iirc, the strategy gaming podcast I occasionally listen to said Rising Tide is where BE goes from a bland Civ V on a foreign planet to actually having some life and interesting characters/stuff)

You know, it looks like I've never used my keys for Enemy Within and the other XCom DLC. I also think I might have spare keys for Civ IV and Civ V. I may try to do a bit of a bundle split over in the trade thread.

If the BTA was lower, I'd be in just for EW but only other game in the BTA tier I don't own in Starships and really not interested in that. Also, from what I recall hearing/reading, Beyond Earth really doesn't get good til you get Rising Tide, and even with 33% off that's another $20 on top of the $15.

(iirc, the strategy gaming podcast I occasionally listen to said Rising Tide is where BE goes from a bland Civ V on a foreign planet to actually having some life and interesting characters/stuff)
I don't know anything about the expansion but I "demo-ed" BE on release and I'll agree it was the blandest game ever.

It's basically a mod of base Civ5 with half the features awkwardly fitted into their "collect x points to buy y perk" system (which made Civ5 itself boring already) without the defining Civ unique units and power and such you find in normal Civ to make it somewhat interesting. The factions were like +1food here vs +1 science there... yawn.. The unit selection was also shockingly limited (they removed unit design/customization that was in Alpha Centauri).

I didn't even finish one game of BE before I uninstall/deleted it.. it was nowhere near half the game Alpha Centauri it was supposed to be a spiritual sequel of.

But, nice tactic of them to leave a week's break such that I would forget about it and checked in only when the BTA is way higher than what I would pay for like just that Pirates and Starships games I'm missing to help save me some money. Thank you humble!

One key for each tier ruins EVERYTHING. Meh.

Not sure if I should dollar-in just to put Pirates [remake] on Steam.

I own the rest of the 1st tier.

On BTA - I'm missing Sid Meier's Starships; XCOM EU DLC's Slingshot + Elite Soldier. Not too big of a deal there.

Missing entire Top Tier - not that I care very much about right now at $15. Might be better off waiting to go GOTY or Complete Ed on Beyond Earth.

I need Xcom Enemy Within and Starships, but Starships is apparently garbage so I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to BTA at the lowest price ($5.63 or whatever) for me anyway.

EDIT: Got Enemy Within from Gilby

im cheaping out on $1 pirates as thats all i need.  it will bundle again without the one key bs.  Scoop it up cheap on a bundle split from all those who got suckered in on this bundle

Whoo, thank goodness I remembered and didn't Gilby the Lonely Planet Bundle. $15 tier here I come.
This is CAG not CARN (Cheap Ass Reading NERDS)!

EDIT: Humble and BundlePoops duking it out for shittiest Bundle Sale evar....Nordic Games? Really Humble?

I still haven't bought the weekly because I can't decide if I want to dollar in or pay $5 for Her Story and Roundabout. 

I still haven't bought the weekly because I can't decide if I want to dollar in or pay $5 for Her Story and Roundabout.
Ultimately, I think both will be rebundled. You only save around $3 by buying that tier anyway. Might actually be better off waiting for them both to hit 75% off on steam and buy them with steam wallet.

The one key thing really does kill it for me.  I feel ok buying a tier that I own things in and giving those keys to someone, but paying for a tier and wasting those keys? No bueno.

I might get the Atari bundle to get the new Alone in the Dark Game (WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO SUCK SO MUCH).  

Edit:

Nevermind, as pointed out above. Atari's MSRPs on Humble are inflated.  Their 85% off is close to 75% off on some of the games (Like the new Alone in the Dark which is $19.99 on Steam, but $29.99 on Humble).  

bread's done
Back