Humble Bundle Thread

These are probably the GOG versions, which means they should run okay on a modern machine.

Well, you can also do this in Empire at War, but the missions are all scripted.

One other thing about that game: it was weirdly and I can only imagine deliberately heavily-imbalanced. Play the Rebellion campaign and it's a slog as you nibble away at insurmountable odds. Play the Empire campaign and crush your enemies and see them driven before you.
I know you aren't trying to but you are really selling me on the $9.99 tier. Haven't played Empire at War at all.

VYX0sMi.png
You joke, but I do too. I always ask if whatever she's reading has wookie nookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you aren't trying to but you are really selling me on the $9.99 tier. Haven't played Empire at War at all.
Well, it is a fun game, and if you want some of the BTA stuff or are one of those weird people who likes LEGO games, it's probably worth grabbing here.

Any chance the 10% Monthly coupons stack? I already have one lined up for April from HiB16.
Seems unlikely but it does make me wonder how hard the March monthly must suck if Humble keeps tossing out these 10% coupons (note--this one expires April 1, so you can only use it on the March bundle). EDIT: I just realized I had this backwards; the monthlies give me a headache. You can use this on the March bundle for the next two or three days or the April bundle for the remainder of this month.

Well, it is a fun game, and if you want some of the BTA stuff or are one of those weird people who likes LEGO games, it's probably worth grabbing here.

Seems unlikely but it does make me wonder how hard the March monthly must suck if Humble keeps tossing out these 10% coupons (note--this one expires April 1, so you can only use it on the March bundle). EDIT: I just realized I had this backwards; the monthlies give me a headache. You can use this on the March bundle for the next two or three days or the April bundle for the remainder of this month.
can u buy a 2nd March Monthly bundle on the same account though? I was thinking of getting ARK for my cousin with the extra 10% coupon

I'm surprised he bought it since it doesn't contain the FLAC soundtracks for all Star Wars games and movies....
I only got the dollar tier.

I need the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games from the BTA and Lego Star Wars from the third tier... if they happen to throw in Lego Star Wars III on the second week, I may just BTA this. I doubt they will, but you never know.

The LEGO games are really quite fun. I've played many of them either on my own or with my son. That said, that LEGO Star Wars game is the earliest of the LEGO games and it shows--lots of gameplay and ui annoyances that are much smoothed in later games.

I only got the dollar tier.

I need the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games from the BTA and Lego Star Wars from the third tier... if they happen to throw in Lego Star Wars III on the second week, I may just BTA this. I doubt they will, but you never know.
That would be a nice add, though I also doubt it. That said, I already have both of the LEGO Star Wars games.

Well, this one got me for $9.99. Decided to stop thinking about it and shovel money at humble. I didn't own any of it.

Are the keys separate or one key per tier? Want Lego Star Wars but already own empire. But If i can't give empire away I'll just do bta

They're separate.

I also just realized that Galactic Battlegrounds Saga and Rebellion were just released on Steam today. So this is their bundle debut. Too bad we can't get GOG copies of those...

Hmm, looks like I can "trade" my PS3 copy of Lego Star Wars for this entire collection.  PS3 copies are selling for $20 on ebay for some reason.

I really wish TT would update this game with dialogue and some of the other features in the newer Lego games though.

Hmm, looks like I can "trade" my PS3 copy of Lego Star Wars for this entire collection. PS3 copies are selling for $20 on ebay for some reason.

I really wish TT would update this game with dialogue and some of the other features in the newer Lego games though.
The game really isn't in any shape for an update to work. It would have to be a complete remake, though I do expect that TT will revisit those movies in a new game or games at some point.

Wow... someone at Humble really messed up.

I own a ton of Star Wars games and I somehow only owned the two KOTOR games out of the first two tiers. Because of this, I assume the unlocks will suck, but I'm secretly wishing for the Force Unleashed games to complete the collection.

Personally I'm hoping they put more Star Wars games on Steam next week and add them to the BTA. Seems very unlikely, but I own every other Star Wars game on Steam except Star Wars Galaxies so I'd like something else I don't own.

Personally I'm hoping they put more Star Wars games on Steam next week and add them to the BTA. Seems very unlikely, but I own every other Star Wars game on Steam except Star Wars Galaxies so I'd like something else I don't own.
How many Star Wars PC games are even left to bring to Steam though? I can only think of Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron and Racer, but they'd be idiotic to destroy their value so soon.

How many Star Wars PC games are even left to bring to Steam though? I can only think of Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron and Racer, but they'd be idiotic to destroy their value so soon.
What is Racer? Not some wretched pod racing simulation, I trust? I almost felt like prying my eyeballs out with a spoon watching that in the theater; I can't imagine wanting to play a game based on it.

I had no idea Shadows of the Empire was released on PC; Rogue Squadron 3D is apparently super difficult to get to work on modern systems... and Episode I Racer might have the same issues.

What is Racer? Not some wretched pod racing simulation, I trust? I almost felt like prying my eyeballs out with a spoon watching that in the theater; I can't imagine wanting to play a game based on it.
The arcade version was actually pretty fun, since you actually used the two sticks to control acceleration and steering. I have no idea how the PC / console versions played.

I don't see battlefront on the store but it doesn't appear to work on battlefront II. Honestly they should have done a much better job spelling out what it does and does not work on.

It's Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, so yes. It's actually pretty good.

I had no idea Shadows of the Empire was released on PC; Rogue Squadron 3D is apparently super difficult to get to work on modern systems... and Episode I Racer might have the same issues.

The arcade version was actually pretty fun, since you actually used the two sticks to control acceleration and steering. I have no idea how the PC / console versions played.
I had it on N64 and it was great. And yes, Shadows of the Empire is on PC. Battle for Naboo is too.

Here's a list if you want -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_video_games#Series_titles

Curious, does the 75% off coupon in the average work on Battlefront?
Unfortunately, not sold on the Humble Store. I checked. :whistle2:(

I don't see battlefront on the store but it doesn't appear to work on battlefront II. Honestly they should have done a much better job spelling out what it does and does not work on.
I guess that confirms that Battlefront 2 will be an addition to the bundle then. Makes sense, given they're going for a "Best of" with the repeats.

I haven't played any of the X-Wings games. Do you guys recommend getting them on Steam or GOG?

Using the coupon to see what it doesn't work on seems to suggest Battlefront 2, Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Republic Heroes as possible BTA additions.

I haven't played any of the X-Wings games. Do you guys recommend getting them on Steam or GOG?
GOG has better versions... mostly deals with sound tracks if I remember correctly.

Edit: just to clarify I'm talking in game sound tracks as certain events trigger the music associated with them while steam versions just have sound tracks that don't change.

Rogue Squadron 3D is available on GOG and works great!

gog will also update their games as much as they can as OS's change and they find things that dont work. Alot of those fixes never make it back to the steam versions

Generally if its an actual GOG, then Ill buy it on gog just for the support factor. Usually you'll also find posts of recommended dosbox settings and the like in case you have issues

I'll be very surprised if they add Republic Heroes, given that it uses GFWL and it still doesn't work in some countries.
I don't think it'd be the first time they've added a GFWL game as a bonus. I think they did the same thing for the Mortal Kombat Kollection?

Someone else should double check the coupon doesn't work on that one. Coupon was being kinda screwy when I was checking games. Disappearing from cart randomly, etc. Coupon is completely dead for me atm or I would recheck myself.

EDIT: Double checked...definitely doesn't work on Republic Heroes but still not sure how much that means.

I don't think it'd be the first time they've added a GFWL game as a bonus. I think they did the same thing for the Mortal Kombat Kollection?
Yes, but WB doesn't give a shit, unlike LucasArts / Disney, who at least tries to look like it cares. :p

The LEGO games are really quite fun. I've played many of them either on my own or with my son. That said, that LEGO Star Wars game is the earliest of the LEGO games and it shows--lots of gameplay and ui annoyances that are much smoothed in later games.

That would be a nice add, though I also doubt it. That said, I already have both of the LEGO Star Wars games.
Oh, I've played a few of them myself: the first two Batman games and a bit of Harry Potter 1-3. I wasn't impressed. I'm actually playing LEGO: LoTR off and on right now, but I'm kind-of making myself go through these since I compulsively bought that one and the Hobbit game because of the IPs. The gameplay is very limited, consisting largely, from what I've seen, of smashing things repeatedly and mindlessly until they give up their studs, and solving fairly simplistic puzzles by assembling LEGO doodads. Not enough gameplay is wrapped into the story mode, and even that is far more entertaining with another person. Finishing the story mode of one of these games seems to net you about a 23% completion, and well before you reach that, your lack of patience for this kind of gameplay has long offset any mild amusement the writing may have generated. Frankly, as single-player games, they're only really any good if you're a small child or are playing with one. (This is essentially a massively-scaled-down version of my LEGO Batman 2 review.)

Frankly, as single-player games, they're only really any good if you're a small child or are playing with one. (This is essentially a massively-scaled-down version of my LEGO Batman 2 review.)
It sounds like LEGO games just aren't your thing, but I disagree that they're only good if you are a small child. I am a rather large child and I enjoy the LEGO games quite a lot.

I will say this though... the more recent games are better than the old ones, though they may look suspiciously similar to the untrained eye. They've made it a little less tedious to move from place to place and have placed a greater emphasis on making the hub more interesting. The Marvel games have an outstanding open world hub (NYC) and Jurassic World has quite a lot of stuff to uncover in the hub too.

Admittedly, they are all, for the most part, very similar in gameplay. It's unlikely that you'll hate one and love another unless you just have a strong affinity to the franchise on which it is based. But all LEGO games are not equal and calling them kiddie games is not giving them enough credit.

They CAN be a bit of a grind unless you unlock some of the red bricks that give you multipliers, fast build, or one-hit destruction. So if you find those aspects of the game annoying, do look at a guide to help you locate them early on, if possible.

It sounds like LEGO games just aren't your thing, but I disagree that they're only good if you are a small child. I am a rather large child and I enjoy the LEGO games quite a lot.
Agreed. I have played some of the LEGO games on my own and enjoyed them. I find them nice as a light-ish diversion between more serious games. I do tend to be tired of the gameplay by the end of playing one and need a break, though, which means having played through Star Wars Complete, LEGO Movie, and Hobbit back-to-back-to-back with my son got to be a bit old. I was glad to let my wife handle the play of LEGO Star Wars 3 instead.

Admittedly, they are all, for the most part, very similar in gameplay. It's unlikely that you'll hate one and love another unless you just have a strong affinity to the franchise on which it is based. But all LEGO games are not equal and calling them kiddie games is not giving them enough credit.
I have a strong affinity to Tolkien and I hate hate hate Lego Hobbit.

I'd rank the top 2 as Marvel and LotR. Then either Avengers or Batman 2. Worst two being Movie and Hobbit.

(I've 100% all but Hobbit, and haven't played Jurassic World yet.)

I also only play multiplayer, which has tons of bugs all the damn time.

I was trying to see what Star Wars games would work with the 75% off coupon from Humble and it took me a while to figure out how it works because it just isn't set up very clearly.

The coupon takes you to this page and says it's good on "up to three select titles", but the coupon can't be selected until you put three of the games in your cart. However, you CAN put three games in your cart, select the coupon, and then delete the unwanted games while still retaining the discount. That may work out nicely for me since I only need the two Unleashed games and it combines with my 10% Humble Monthly Moran discount.

(I've 100% all but Hobbit, and haven't played Jurassic World yet.)
LEGO: JW is pretty good. The dinos are fun to fool around with and the hub is cool. It also contains content from all four movies so the story part is fairly long. As usual... steer clear of the worthless DLC.

bread's done
Back