Humble Indie Bundle 7 - Offspring Fling, Cave Story+, Basement Collection added!

scoi007

CAGiversary!
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. HIB is now giving a Steam key for each individual game, but keys are still meant for personal use only.

Soundtracks are included for all except Binding of Isaac.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

http://www.humblebundle.com

Games:
Snapshot
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Closure
Shank 2 [Mac version currently in Beta]

Movie:
Indie Game: The Movie [stream + download]

Beat the Average:
Dungeon Defenders + DLC
Legend of Grimrock
*The Basement Collection
*Offspring Fling
*Cave Story+

* Added to bundle. All bundle purchases before their addition, regardless of price paid, will receive these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go figure, another bundle with games that I purchased during a Steam sale, and never played. Man, I'm skipping Steam sales from now on, until I actually play my damn games. At least this time I'll be getting like three new games for a $1. I only got one during the last bundle.

[quote name='Spokker']Got the Humble Bundle regardless of content or merit. Humble Bundle is still the best and those other poser bundles cannot compete.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense. You're just buying it for the name. You're hurting me.

I redeemed the Dungeon Defenders key on Steam but it put all of the DLC into my cart. Did this happen to anyone else? I didn't install the game yet but I thought the DLC was included.

Already owned Grimrock, Isaac (with WotL), and Dungeon Defenders (with some of the smaller DLCs), but beating the average was totally worth it to get giftable copies of Isaac and Grimrock (as the keys seem to all be separate this time around), and to fill in the gaps in my DD collection.

Well finally a good Humble Bundle.

Didn't have a few of the base games, Grimrock, or DD DLC so I BTA.

Wonder if individual keys will be the new norm or if it was some sort of way to keep the launch a surprise.

Was Bind of Isaac in any of the previous humble bundles? Couldn't remember if I had it before I bought this one or not, lol. Either way, I now have 100 games on Steam! o.o

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Was Bind of Isaac in any of the previous humble bundles? Couldn't remember if I had it before I bought this one or not, lol. Either way, I now have 100 games on Steam! o.o[/QUOTE]
It was in the humble voxatron bundle (however you spell it). 100 games is low for Steam, a lot of us have 500+ :lol:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well finally a good Humble Bundle.

Didn't have a few of the base games, Grimrock, or DD DLC so I BTA.

Wonder if individual keys will be the new norm or if it was some sort of way to keep the launch a surprise.[/QUOTE]

If I hadn't JUST bought Grimrock this past Thanksgiving, I would have BTA. But alas, I don't think Dungeon Defenders by itself is worth the extra cash for me. Then again, I bought the THQ bundle betting they'd add games I didn't already own (and they did), so they can just keep throwing bundles out and I'll keep buying in...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It was in the humble voxatron bundle (however you spell it). 100 games is low for Steam, a lot of us have 500+ :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Haha, I know right; 100 is only a lot for me because my computer can't even run most of the games I buy. :lol: These indie games are usually low-spec, so that's nice though.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']If I hadn't JUST bought Grimrock this past Thanksgiving, I would have BTA. But alas, I don't think Dungeon Defenders by itself is worth the extra cash for me. Then again, I bought the THQ bundle betting they'd add games I didn't already own (and they did), so they can just keep throwing bundles out and I'll keep buying in...[/QUOTE]

I bought Grimlock too, but thinking I might have buyers regret, I added to my inventory and sold it at cost a few days later. Happy about that.

[quote name='etcrane']And they said Grimrock would never be in an indie bundle .... sweet, the wait paid off[/QUOTE]

Whoever said that was delusional. It was always a prime candidate for an indie bundle since they used the Humble Store on their website.

My apologies if this is a silly question, but is Dungeon Defenders actually DRM free? As in, can I just download the 5gb file and play it without the use of the steam key?

I was always under the impression it requires Steam. I know for a fact their 'legitimate/ranked' multi-played uses VAC.

[quote name='Mooby']I was always under the impression it requires Steam. I know for a fact their 'legitimate/ranked' multi-played uses VAC.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought, but Humble Indie Bundles always say that the games are DRM free, which confused me since Dungeon Defenders requires Steam in order to play it. Perhaps it's just not as catchy to say "DRM Free, except 1".

There is a DRM-free version of the game. I know because it was also featured in a previous Indie Royale bundle back in May and I was able to play it. There wasn't any DLC included with that version, and I don't know how I would go about getting any for it if I wanted. So I wouldn't expect to be able to get any future DLC with the Humble DRM-free version.

Not that you's need and more DLC. Most of it is worthless.

[quote name='The End']There is a DRM-free version of the game. I know because it was also featured in a previous Indie Royale bundle back in May and I was able to play it. There wasn't any DLC included with that version, and I don't know how I would go about getting any for it if I wanted. So I wouldn't expect to be able to get any future DLC with the Humble DRM-free version.

Not that you's need and more DLC. Most of it is worthless.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for clearing that up. :) One last thing, does the drm free version have multiplayer capabilities like the steam version? Or is it just single player?

[quote name='seamoss']Too bad it still runs like crap - I had hoped that they would have taken the opportunity to improve pefrormance just a bit, but nooo...[/QUOTE]

IMO that's a bit of a blessing, I really didn't like the DLC, and wish I could go back to just plain Isaac w/o DLC.

It kind of angers me there's no option for playing w/o the expansion.

[quote name='Deathmore10']Thank you for clearing that up. :) One last thing, does the drm free version have multiplayer capabilities like the steam version? Or is it just single player?[/QUOTE]

Oh I really don't know. Honestly I didn't play it that much. I only downloaded it to try out, because like you, I thought it required steam. I probably only played about 5 minutes and all of that was single play. I didn't even bother to check the multi play capability. I wish I hadn't deleted it already, or I could go check for you.

There's an Open multiplayer and a Ranked multiplayer (legit/no mods) so -- and I'm just guessing -- perhaps you have access to the Open with the DRM free? Or perhaps you can still access the Ranked without going through Steam. Either way, if Steam is down you can't play on Ranked -- it takes the game servers offline.

[quote name='The End']Oh I really don't know. Honestly I didn't play it that much. I only downloaded it to try out, because like you, I thought it required steam. I just wanted to test it to see if I could play it without steam. I probably only played about 5 minutes and all of that was single play. I didn't even bother to check the multi play capability. I wish I hadn't deleted it already, or I could go check for you.[/QUOTE]
That's fine, thank you for the help. :)

I already have the DRM free version downloading, I just figured I'd ask so that I knew what to expect. :p

Thank you Mooby, I suppose that I'll know for sure in a couple hours. I'll post my findings afterwards, just in case anyone ends up ever asking the same question.

[quote name='Deathmore10']That's fine, thank you for the help. :)

I already have the DRM free version downloading, I just figured I'd ask so that I knew what to expect. :p

Thank you Mooby, I suppose that I'll know for sure in a couple hours. I'll post my findings afterwards, just in case anyone ends up ever asking the same question.[/QUOTE]

Chalk me up as curious to know the details on the DRM free version. I'd like to know before I download it if it has crippled the multiplayer.

(Conclusion: For the DRM free version of Dungeon Defenders) Lan play is available and online play is also available if you have a Gamespy account, ranked online play is not available unless you activate the game on steam.

Hopefully that helps out anyone who may ask the same question in the future.

Own all but shank 2 and grimrock. Don't think I will bta though... So if anyone has a spare grimrock code I would gladly put it to use ;-)

Well I was holding out for a cheap Grimrock, but this is better. :p Collect ALL THE Dungeon Defenders DLC! Wish I'd seen this the day it was released, I usually do...

[quote name='Deathmore10'](Conclusion: For the DRM free version of Dungeon Defenders) Lan play is available and online play is also available if you have a Gamespy account, ranked online play is not available unless you activate the game on steam.

Hopefully that helps out anyone who may ask the same question in the future.[/QUOTE]

At that point you are better off playing on steam.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well finally a good Humble Bundle.[/QUOTE]

Humble Bundle 5 was great!

Psychonauts, LIMBO, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, Super Meatboy, Bastion...

many of these games i had on console/iPhone, but it was such a good deal to consolidate them on better-spec'd PC.

Just picked this up, already had a few of the games, but I'm a sucker for Humblebundles. Man it really bothers me that in my list of bundles Humble 5 is Humble V so it doesn't line up in order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hot:

[quote name='PetersHere']Anyone have any idea what the bonuses will be? When do they usually add them, exactly?[/QUOTE]
around halfway point I think.

Question, I originally pay 1 for the combo since I have DD in my steam. If I change my mind, can I add the addional amount to get rest of the bundle or do I need to buy a new bundle?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Question, I originally pay 1 for the combo since I have DD in my steam. If I change my mind, can I add the addional amount to get rest of the bundle or do I need to buy a new bundle?[/QUOTE]

You can just increase the amount you payed by going to your bundle page. Look for the line near the top that says "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" and click on that. It should tell you how much you have to pay to beat the average.

You have until 30 days AFTER the bundle ends to increase your payment to BTA. So you've got until sometime in early February.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheKbob']Do we have any idea what the bonus games will be?[/QUOTE]

Someone here said it's likely to be Cave Story, but we're still waiting to see for sure.

Well there was a Cave Story+ retail entry added to the Steam registry around the time the bundle went live. I hope it isn't but... hey...I guess free gifts to CAG'ers if that's what it is!

I put in for a $1.00 just so I can get a place holder. If I want to beat the average later, I would need to add in $5.51 (that's the current price for me) later, correct?

[quote name='pcktlnt']I put in for a $1.00 just so I can get a place holder. If I want to beat the average later, I would need to add in $5.51 (that's the current price for me) later, correct?[/QUOTE]

yes.

[quote name='forthenguyen']Has anyone else not gotten their bundle? I ordered like 8 hours ago and still no email, and it wasn't in my spam either.[/QUOTE]
That's definitely longer than you should need to wait. Contact HIB support.

Not yet. I'm somewhat surprised that they didn't unlock today. Most of the time, it's the first day of the second week that bonus' show up.

bread's done
Back