Humble Indie Bundle 9 - Bonuses unlocked: Rocketbirds, A Virus Named TOM, Bastion, LIMBO

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay What You Want ($1+ for Steam keys)

• Trine 2: Complete Story
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Eets Munches Beta
  • Brutal Legend
BTA:

• FTL: Faster than Light
  • Fez
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Edition*
  • A Virus Named TOM*
  • Bastion*
  • LIMBO*
*Bonuses added on 9/18 at 11 AM Pacific. Unlike previous bundles, you must beat the average at the time of your purchase to get these regardless of when you bought it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

There has been talk of not wanting to support Phil Fish if Fez was ever bundled. Please do not use this as an opportunity to punish the other developers. You can choose to adjust the payment that goes to each. But remember, if you decide that a game is worth redeeming and playing, it's probably worth paying for.
how-to:
czwRxOk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You gotta be kidding me. Some of these reCAPTCHA's are ridiculous.

5lsi.jpg
At least yo can see that there are numbers in that picture. I've recently been getting a bunch of pictures that I can't see characters of any sort within, and stuff that's in Arabic or Hebrew or something.

New Humble Weekly - Retro Shooters

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux and Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition are one key.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter 
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter 

BTA to get Hard Reset and System Shock 2

Sherlock (show) is amazing, way way way better than the movies in my humble ( ;) ) opinion. You definitely should watch the other episodes (I think there are three per season, so six so far), easily my most anticipated show this fall (assuming I have the season three date correct) :applause:
Amazon Instant Prime has Sherlock and I've been meaning to get back to it. Currently blasting through Breaking Bad - just finished S3 on BD last night and have my S4 DVDs ready to go.

New Humble Weekly - Retro Shooters

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux and Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition are one key.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter

BTA to get Hard Reset and System Shock 2
Nothing for me here. Already have Duke 3D - the first game I bought in 1997 - and played the first Serious Sam and just bought SS2 in the last Steam sale. Only want Hard Reset, but not $6 worth.

I wrote the reply, originally, just saying that it had to be a key drop. But that seemed incomplete and I was a bit curious, so I decided it was worth a single use of CAG search on the username plus keyword "humble" to see if anything popped up--if not I was going to leave it a mystery for someone else to solve.

The search function is the biggest improvement from CAG 2.0 to CAG 3.0. I recall trying to search for stuff on 2.0 and running into limits and interface issues that made it exceedingly frustrating.
The old search being crap was probably why I didn't try that on top of not being able to think of a query that wouldn't return a bazillion posts for every Humble Bundle in the past three years.

At least yo can see that there are numbers in that picture. I've recently been getting a bunch of pictures that I can't see characters of any sort within, and stuff that's in Arabic or Hebrew or something.

I've encountered those on another site. In my experience, you can ignore the house number and just enter the text string.
That's because the house number is what they're trying to figure out.

These reCAPTCHAs generally include one known item and one uncertain item. If you get the known item wrong you fail. Your response to the unknown item is stored and compared to other responses to the same item to eventually reach a decision on what it is, at which point that item is known. Items that aren't letters or number or are completely unreadable don't get consistent answers and thus don't become known.

I kind of want to BTA, but I really do not want Fez after what Fish did with the Xbox version. If only there was a way to BTA without getting Fez added to my Humble account..
I'm almost afraid to ask. What did Phil Fish do to the XBLA version of Fez?

I'm hoping he didn't remove levels in a fit of rage.

That's because the house number is what they're trying to figure out.

These reCAPTCHAs generally include one known item and one uncertain item. If you get the known item wrong you fail. Your response to the unknown item is stored and compared to other responses to the same item to eventually reach a decision on what it is, at which point that item is known. Items that aren't letters or number or are completely unreadable don't get consistent answers and thus don't become known.
lolwat
heh.png

I kind of want to BTA, but I really do not want Fez after what Fish did with the Xbox version. If only there was a way to BTA without getting Fez added to my Humble account.

The only game I've played is Brutal Legend and that game is fantastic.

Seriously. Brutal legend is EXTREMELY under rated and I am super excited to have it again.

I kind of want to BTA, but I really do not want Fez after what Fish did with the Xbox version. If only there was a way to BTA without getting Fez added to my Humble account.
You could just BTA and change the contribution slider to give $0 towards Fez. I realise that it's not quite the same, but it's better in a way: you get a copy without paying for it.

Fez is a separate key so you don't have to add it to your account if you don't want to.
While he doesn't have to add it to his Steam account, he can't opt-out of it being added to his Humble account.

I'm almost afraid to ask. What did Phil Fish do to the XBLA version of Fez?

I'm hoping he didn't remove levels in a fit of rage.
Oh nothing huge.... Just completely refused to patch a completely game breaking bug. Because he didn't want to pay for it. Though he certainly didn't mind walking away with the money of people who already bought the game before the bug was discovered.

Oh I just realized a game that should totally get added, but won't since it's too soon.... Papers please I need that game soooo hard.

You could just BTA and change the contribution slider to give $0 towards Fez. I realise that it's not quite the same, but it's better in a way: you get a copy without paying for it.

While he doesn't have to add it to his Steam account, he can't opt-out of it being added to his Humble account.
Ah, missed that caveat.

Oh nothing huge.... Just completely refused to patch a completely game breaking bug. Because he didn't want to pay for it. Though he certainly didn't mind walking away with the money of people who already bought the game before the bug was discovered.
You guys expecting working, bug free games from indie devs are so entitled. I buy my produce from a local indie farmer and half of it is rotten, but it's an indie farmer! You can't expect them to deliver the same level of produce as a larger company.

Here's an explanation.

Earlier CAPTCHAs were used by various web sites that wanted to confirm someone was human. Some students and researchers at Carnegie Melon came up with the bright idea of making all of that effort do something useful instead of just going to waste. The first use was to digitize scanned texts, and street address recognition was added some time ago.

OK, I'm starting to go crazy here. I've spent the past two hours trying to figure out WTF is up with my missing HIB4. I most certainly must've bought it because I've got all the non-BTA games (Jamestown, BitTrip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Night Sky, and Shank) in my Steam list and I remember when the HIB3 games were added as bonuses, but I had already bought that bundle.

A few months back I had gone and claimed all the pages that I had emails with links to, but the HIB4 must've been deleted which would be odd because I have 5700+ emails dating back 9 years so I'm clearly not prone to throwing stuff out. I have combed my PayPal and credit card records for the month of Dec. 2011 with no success. Running a search back forever on a mail account for PayPal receipts returns 13 hits which goes with the one hit in my credit card records meaning I can account for all 14 bundles I have, but none of which are for HIB4.

So I have the games in Steam, but no evidence of having bought them. No HB email; no PP receipt; nothing. If it wasn't for the presence of the games in my Steam list, I would believe that I hadn't bought it, though I clearly did. Looking in my Steam account it shows I redeemed the HIB4 key in between Deus Ex: Human Resources (bought 12/22/2011 from Amazon) and RAGE (bought 2/11/2012 thru Steam) which makes the run dates of December 13–27, 2011 for the bundle fit.

I'm drafting a letter to Humble support, but I'm not sure what to ask other than to see if they have any record of my buying it. The only other alternative I can think of would be that someone gave me a key. I've checked my PMs and don't see anything, but because of the old limits, I frequently deleted old/dead conversations. If I got something, I may've deleted it.
You think that's bad, check this out. I used to have a GMail account for years, that got locked for no reason that I can figure. I had all my Humble Bundle keys in there. So I couldn't get back in, but it was okay because I also had all my keys Bookmarked in Firefox...then my harddrive fried. I lost ALL my bundle keys.

I've recently gotten into Steam so this doesn't happen again.

That's one way of looking at it...

It's not that he "didn't want to pay for it", it's that the company couldn't. Up until VERY recently, Microsoft used to charge massive fees to recertify a game after the first patch on Xbox Live. Double Fine also commented on this and why they were moving towards PC development, saying that Microsoft wanted $40,000 for a patch. That's crazy money for a small independent studio, especially when there are development costs left to recuperate, and it even prevents some bigger games (like Valve's own Orange Box) from receiving more than one patch.

Yes, the patch had an issue that caused a problem for some people. But it's easy to forget that the same patch fixed MANY issues for others. They made a judgment call based on the data they received from players, which was that less than 1% of users were ultimately affected adversely from the patch, and he's apologized to those players. Look, nobody wants to restart their game, but, if you were one of those affected by the bug, starting a new game post-patch prevents that issue from occurring.

Since Microsoft's announcement this past April about finally eliminating fees for title updates, Polytron has said that a patch is forthcoming for the Xbox version. Several developments have risen since then, including the release of the game on Steam. And, since Steam neither charges for patches nor holds games up in certification processes, the PC build has been updated several times since it's release in the spring.

That's one way of looking at it...

It's not that he "didn't want to pay for it", it's that the company couldn't. Up until VERY recently, Microsoft used to charge massive fees to recertify a game after the first patch on Xbox Live. Double Fine also commented on this and why they were moving towards PC development, saying that Microsoft wanted $40,000 for a patch. That's crazy money for a small independent studio, especially when there are development costs left to recuperate, and it even prevents some bigger games (like Valve's own Orange Box) from receiving more than one patch.

Yes, the patch had an issue that caused a problem for some people. But it's easy to forget that the same patch fixed MANY issues for others. They made a judgment call based on the data they received from players, which was that less than 1% of users were ultimately affected adversely from the patch, and he's apologized to those players. Look, nobody wants to restart their game, but, if you were one of those affected by the bug, starting a new game post-patch prevents that issue from occurring.

Since Microsoft's announcement this past April about finally eliminating fees for title updates, Polytron has said that a patch is forthcoming for the Xbox version. Several developments have risen since then, including the release of the game on Steam. And, since Steam neither charges for patches nor holds games up in certification processes, the PC build has been updated several times since it's release in the spring.

If he couldn't pay for it, he shouldn't have agreed to the policies and made it xbox exclusive. not a single other developer has ever just not released a patch because they couldn't afford it.

And say he truly just couldn't afford the fee (now I am not arguing that the fees microsoft used to charge were reasonable or anything like that) Then He should be required to give refunds to every customer that asks for one out of his own pocket.

Tons of tiny devs make games for xbla and he was the only one who refused to pay the fee to fix a broken game.

The fees for updates were well known by everyone making an xbox game and yet he still made a choice to release it there. Life is about choices and he didn't want to live with the ones he made.

You think that's bad, check this out. I used to have a GMail account for years, that got locked for no reason that I can figure. I had all my Humble Bundle keys in there. So I couldn't get back in, but it was okay because I also had all my keys Bookmarked in Firefox...then my harddrive fried. I lost ALL my bundle keys.

I've recently gotten into Steam so this doesn't happen again.
Also, backups are your friends. Including bookmarks. I have bookmarks backed up from the mid 90s. I doubt the sites they point to are still there, but I have them backed up.

Still, that's rough, man.

Also, backups are your friends. Including bookmarks. I have bookmarks backed up from the mid 90s. I doubt the sites they point to are still there, but I have them backed up.

Still, that's rough, man.
You know what? After months of fiddling with Google, and finally just giving up, posting this here convinced me to go back and try to get into my account one more time...and it worked! I must have tried 30 times, but today was the day it took! Which means I got back all the first 4 Humble Bundles and (most importantly) the old Frozenbyte bundle with the first Trine!

And a slew of other games from sited I had forgotten I had even signed up for.

Today is a good day.

You know what? After months of fiddling with Google, and finally just giving up, posting this here convinced me to go back and try to get into my account one more time...and it worked! I must have tried 30 times, but today was the day it took! Which means I got back all the first 4 Humble Bundles and (most importantly) the old Frozenbyte bundle with the first Trine!

Today is a good day.
Wonderful! Congratulations!

If he couldn't pay for it, he shouldn't have agreed to the policies and made it xbox exclusive. not a single other developer has ever just not released a patch because they couldn't afford it.

And say he truly just couldn't afford the fee (now I am not arguing that the fees microsoft used to charge were reasonable or anything like that) Then He should be required to give refunds to every customer that asks for one out of his own pocket.

Tons of tiny devs make games for xbla and he was the only one who refused to pay the fee to fix a broken game.

The fees for updates were well known by everyone making an xbox game and yet he still made a choice to release it there. Life is about choices and he didn't want to live with the ones he made.
Well that's your opinion.

Today is a good day.
Sounds great! :D

Oh I just realized a game that should totally get added, but won't since it's too soon.... Papers please I need that game soooo hard.
I'd love to see this in a bundle. I don't think the game sounds all that interesting, so I don't really want to buy it, but at the same time I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I am a bit interested in trying it. Perfect for a bundle.

I'd love to see this in a bundle. I don't think the game sounds all that interesting, so I don't really want to buy it, but at the same time I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I am a bit interested in trying it. Perfect for a bundle.

There was an excellent free beta that is probably still available for free if you look. Very much worth a look, it's not at all what you'd expect and is the sort of game that needs to be played to understand.

There was an excellent free beta that is probably still available for free if you look. Very much worth a look, it's not at all what you'd expect and is the sort of game that needs to be played to understand.
Thanks for the heads up! I may have to look into that, reading through reviews I kind of got the "you really have to play it to get it" vibe.

Edit: Found the beta. I'll be trying this out this weekend. Thanks again.

Actually, Konami has done that twice this past year with the Silent Hill HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. While the PS3 versions of those games got patches, the 360 versions did not, with Konami citing "limited resources". I think there have been many other developers who have been restrained in the same way; Phil is just one of the few who vocalized this policy in such a public manner. This is also why you see so many games with DLC on the platform; Gearbox, for example, can put out a large Borderlands 2 "Compatibility Pack" because it's putting out a $10 add-on at the same time. Otherwise, it would have to be much smaller and they'd have to pay Microsoft those exorbitant fees.

The issue from the Xbox patch is not that it renders the game unplayable for everyone. It's a save corruption bug that affected a very small percentage of players. If a user finds their data corrupted, they can either remove the patch and play offline with the old version or start a new game with the patch installed. I'm not saying that restarting the game is a trivial thing, particularly for those who put in a large time commitment, but the game is completely playable under either solution. Anyone starting a game now, Xbox or otherwise, will not run into this issue. The game is not broken.

Also, the decision regarding which platform Fez would come out on more than likely took place before Steam was proven to be the indie-juggernaut that we know it as today. Depending on the money that Microsoft offered Polytron/Trapdoor, XBLA might have been the only option that allowed Fez to actually be released. I don't think this should let Microsoft off the hook for the policies that need to be reformed. From an article on Techdirt:

"I’m uncomfortable when people feel comfortable pulling the getting into bed with the devil argument, you signed a contract for fame and fortune and now, this is the price you must pay. I’m uncomfortable because it leaves no room for nuance, it leaves no room for context. It becomes a moral argument with nothing that hinges around whether something is fair, whether something is unfair, whether something is even viable. I would not like to be the person to cast such a judgement because I would not like to be the person if something went titsupus contractualus for me, to have the same argument thrown in my face...I’m uncomfortable with the “but it’s Fish” train of thought because next time, it might not be Fish. It might be me. It might be you. It might be your friend or a developer you love not a developer you love to hate."
And, from gamesindustry

"By "screwing over the paying customer", you mean spending two months with Renauld preparing a patch that works to cover 99% of the issues that those paying customers will face, right? That thanks to what amounts to one oversight when delivering that patch, something that as they state would be easy to fix, because it's the second patch is now subject to prohibitive fees.

Honestly, this is nothing to do with big business vs indie and I'm stunned at the few editorials I've read on this matter taking this stance. It's about a policy that actively results in people getting crappier games because of the fees required to put a patch through cert. How anyone can defend a policy that results in people getting a worse user experience, I have no idea.

It's not the dark side of the indie gaming revolution at all, it's a side that's fighting for better policies so that people can have better games. "
My humble apologies for the wall of text.

What you quoted already lists two devs. It's been an ongoing issue.

Actually, Konami has done that twice this past year with the Silent Hill HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. While the PS3 versions of those games got patches, the 360 versions did not, with Konami citing "limited resources". I think there have been many other developers who have been restrained in the same way; Phil is just one of the few who vocalized this policy in such a public manner. This is also why you see so many games with DLC on the platform; Gearbox, for example, can put out a large Borderlands 2 "Compatibility Pack" because it's putting out a $10 add-on at the same time. Otherwise, it would have to be much smaller and they'd have to pay Microsoft those exorbitant fees.

The issue from the Xbox patch is not that it renders the game unplayable for everyone. It's a save corruption bug that affected a very small percentage of players. If a user finds their data corrupted, they can either remove the patch and play offline with the old version or start a new game with the patch installed. I'm not saying that restarting the game is a trivial thing, particularly for those who put in a large time commitment, but the game is completely playable under either solution. Anyone starting a game now, Xbox or otherwise, will not run into this issue. The game is not broken.

Also, the decision regarding which platform Fez would come out on more than likely took place before Steam was proven to be the indie-juggernaut that we know it as today. Depending on the money that Microsoft offered Polytron/Trapdoor, XBLA might have been the only option that allowed Fez to actually be released. I don't think this should let Microsoft off the hook for the policies that need to be reformed. From an article on Techdirt:

And, from gamesindustry

My humble apologies for the wall of text.

I wanted to make one point though. Konami DID offer complete refunds and even allowed you to swap it out for a different game.

Also I was not at all defending Microsoft. I think having huge fees for patches was the dumbest thing ever and I am glad they are gone, I just feel like you have a responsibility as a content creator to do something about their product when it's a broken product. He shirked that duty by being a whiny baby, that's all I was trying to say.

Thanks for the heads up! I may have to look into that, reading through reviews I kind of got the "you really have to play it to get it" vibe.

Edit: Found the beta. I'll be trying this out this weekend. Thanks again.
Good. It's a very interesting game.... Almost like a really grown up "spot the differences" or "one of these things doesn't belong"

Phil Fish wasn't the only guy to work on Fez, in fact, he didn't even do much of the programming at all if I remember correctly.

Not a huge fan of this new "beat the average to unlock the bonus games" policy but I can understand why they did it. Us CAGs who knew the system could pay $1 and get 5-7 games on each numbered bundle. While that is excellent value, I think Humble is starting to understand that a lot of people don't really value indie games that much. It's unfortunate, but that's how it is. Steam/GMG/Amazon/GG sales and bundles have taught us that it's not worth spending more than $1 on a single indie game (even non-indie games). And even $1 for a single (indie) game is too much for a lot of us. I feel kind of bad for viewing indie games that way, but I'm a CAG, and I love pinching those pennies and seeing how much value I can get for my dollar.

Pretty good bundle IMO. Loved Trine 2 and Mark of the Ninja and I'm looking forward to playing Brutal Legend on PC. I'm going to wait and see what the bonus games are before deciding if I want to BTA.

On the subject of having to BTA to get the bonus games, I see it the other way.  People bought in right away because they wanted to get those bonus games.  They didn't wait or hang back to see what was coming because they figured they could decide their own price in every since of the phrase.  Now with having to BTA, I think once you're past the first couple of hours and the bundle's price is about where it's going to stay, then I think they'll see a sales dropoff as people hang back to see what shows up.  There were LOTS of times I bought an entire bundle I already owned, but hey, I didn't spend that much, so I'm okay.  I'm not tossing down $4-5 though on bundles I already own in their entirety and I'm not tossing down $4-5 on bundles that I don't know the full games list on.

The best part of all this is they won't see a sales dropoff this time because the change was buried in a sea of text we stopped reading years ago now.  Why?  Because it's been the same, consistent, a great experience, every single time.  Few are even going to notice that small string of text or that it was changed.  I only noticed it when I went back to get my games and I thought, "Hey, I guess I should reread this like I always do."  I'd already bought in with a bundle I've always bought into.  I figured maybe the wording had always been like that (in a way to encourage people to BTA), but now I see indeed it's a real change to the policy.  Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought in early at all because the BTA is now virtually unchanging (same as when I managed to get online and buy in).  This was never a problem when I could choose my own price to get the games to be added, which were added to all bundles purchased, even those not BTA, because those people had spent money sight unseen on what was coming.

So it'll be the next sale like this when Humble sees the change happen in their sales and they'll see a major dropoff past those first couple of hours during the cheaper period.  They'll see people hanging back since the price will be high past a certain point anyway, waiting to find out which games are coming.  I suspect it'll reduce sales to the point where they end up with less money altogether.

Too bad.  They poisoned the well.  I for one don't buy sight unseen unless it's incredibly cheap and I was buying bundles that I owned every game on just to option into those other games, but I won't do it for ~$5.  I think this change is going to backfire on them and they're only going to see it with the next bundle after the fit that happens once those games show up and everyone's not getting them. 

Today is a good day.
:D/

Nice to hear. I know gmail has some options for alternate contacts to recover your account in case there is an issue in the future. I actually just use a mail client to grab my mail from gmail, so I have a local backup. (If you couldn't tell, I like backups.)

Ah, missed that caveat.

You guys expecting working, bug free games from indie devs are so entitled. I buy my produce from a local indie farmer and half of it is rotten, but it's an indie farmer! You can't expect them to deliver the same level of produce as a larger company.
This is true. But the difference is, he touted for so long that it was a console game and that PCs were just for spreadsheats blah blah, and he COULD have fixed it on Xbox. But instead went off on an a tangent and rant that was a 180 one end and silly on the other. "OH YEAH, if it was on Steam we could've already patched it and been done with it!"

etc.

An indie farmer can't fix a piece of produce that is already rotten.

AT THE SAME TIME. It's not necessarily right to spew more piss into the pissing contest back at him because he won't pay 40,000$ to patch something that supposedly only affects "2%" of people.

Phil Fish wasn't the only guy to work on Fez, in fact, he didn't even do much of the programming at all if I remember correctly.
You are right, but when you are the figurehead of your company pretty much. You represent ALL of it. And thus when you act out immaturely and selfishly it reflects badly on the product that more than just yourself worked on.

People need to learn that how they act can affect others. On both sides of the pond

OK, I'm starting to go crazy here. I've spent the past two hours trying to figure out WTF is up with my missing HIB4. I most certainly must've bought it because I've got all the non-BTA games (Jamestown, BitTrip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Night Sky, and Shank) in my Steam list and I remember when the HIB3 games were added as bonuses, but I had already bought that bundle.

A few months back I had gone and claimed all the pages that I had emails with links to, but the HIB4 must've been deleted which would be odd because I have 5700+ emails dating back 9 years so I'm clearly not prone to throwing stuff out. I have combed my PayPal and credit card records for the month of Dec. 2011 with no success. Running a search back forever on a mail account for PayPal receipts returns 13 hits which goes with the one hit in my credit card records meaning I can account for all 14 bundles I have, but none of which are for HIB4.

So I have the games in Steam, but no evidence of having bought them. No HB email; no PP receipt; nothing. If it wasn't for the presence of the games in my Steam list, I would believe that I hadn't bought it, though I clearly did. Looking in my Steam account it shows I redeemed the HIB4 key in between Deus Ex: Human Resources (bought 12/22/2011 from Amazon) and RAGE (bought 2/11/2012 thru Steam) which makes the run dates of December 13–27, 2011 for the bundle fit.

I'm drafting a letter to Humble support, but I'm not sure what to ask other than to see if they have any record of my buying it. The only other alternative I can think of would be that someone gave me a key. I've checked my PMs and don't see anything, but because of the old limits, I frequently deleted old/dead conversations. If I got something, I may've deleted it.
I looked through my purchases/google and found where else these games were offered so maybe you got them in other Humble Bundles.

Super Meat Boy - HIB 5

Jamestown/Bit Trip Runner - HIB 6

Night Sky - Android 5/6

Shank - Humble Weekly Klei

Or maybe you used a different email account and don't remember. On Groupees, I've done that - using a facebook login and an email login so I have 2 accounts on there with purchases.

Or, possibly, someone gifted the key to you (Steamgifts?), you bought it from someone on CAG, or won it in a contest (CAG group giveaway?).

I've been trying to guess the game they're adding next week. I figure the maximum annoyance factor would be achieved by adding Rogue Legacy.

I've been trying to guess the game they're adding next week. I figure the maximum annoyance factor would be achieved by adding Rogue Legacy.
That would be great. Unlikely but great....it is strange however that the dev came out and said they wouldn't be matching steams price on the humble store because its a "special steam sale". Whatever that means.

I'm buying it this weekend regardless ;)

That would be great. Unlikely but great....it is strange however that the dev came out and said they wouldn't be matching steams price on the humble store because its a "special steam sale". Whatever that means.
10th Anniversary of Steam sale?

I thought that was strange, too, because I thought they usually matched. I kept checking their website to see if they had matched it, because I would rather put more of my purchase toward the dev and get a Steam key at the same time.

I thought that was strange, too, because I thought they usually matched. I kept checking their website to see if they had matched it, because I would rather put more of my purchase toward the dev and get a Steam key at the same time.
Maybe being on the steam top sellers list brings in more money that selling it directly.

Or it's a BTA game and they want to be like hey it was a special steam sale, we didn't want to do it this close to the humble bundle....

Again I don't think it's a BTA game....just creating conspiracies here.

Maybe being on the steam top sellers list brings in more money that selling it directly.

Or it's a BTA game and they want to be like hey it was a special steam sale, we didn't want to do it this close to the humble bundle....

Again I don't think it's a BTA game....just creating conspiracies here.
Well, your conspiracy theory has me holding off on making the purchase. If it is one of the bonuses (again, highly unlikely) & I buy now, I'd be kicking myself. If it's a bonus and I don't buy now, that's a win. If I don't buy it now, and it's not a bonus, I can take a bigger chunk out of the backlog before Christmas (or another sale for it hits). That is, if I can stop playing FTL.

I think it's too soon for Rogue Legacy to be bundled (though I'll happily eat those words if it happens.) It's bound to happen eventually though, along with other "big" indie titles like Gunpoint, The Swapper, and Papers Please.

For this bundle, I think we might be seeing Antichamber, Retro City Rampage, or Giana Sisters as bonuses.

I think it's too soon for Rogue Legacy to be bundled (though I'll happily eat those words if it happens.) It's bound to happen eventually though, along with other "big" indie titles like Gunpoint, The Swapper, and Papers Please.

For this bundle, I think we might be seeing Antichamber, Retro City Rampage, or Giana Sisters as bonuses.
I already have retro for vita, but I would love to see anti chamber.

Does Mark of the Ninja DRM-FREE and on Steam keys here on HIB9 include the Special Edition extra content + dev commentary?

Not on Steam key. Unsure on DRM-free (probably not).
Thanks for info!

I already have MOTN (Regular) on Steam.

I'll probably still wind-up buying HIB9 anyways, before it ends.

I'm a sucker for soundtracks, since Trine 2 + Goblin OST's are there.

Plus, I like the words "DRM-FREE". :D

perfectly sound reasoning, especially since the theme of this bundle seems to be mac/linux debuts. Both Antichamber and Giana sisters are due for port.

bread's done
Back