Information Central - Questions? Ask here.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']
Was I encouraging him? Was I really?

Hypothetically speaking here, using less then accurate info is the only way to secure your privacy. I'm not saying I condone using fake info, nor am I saying that I do it.[/QUOTE]

lol, that speaks for itself :roll:

[quote name='gfanikf']Well I'm still planning on canceling it anyway with the providers so it shouldn't be an issue. I just wanted a backup plan.

I'm sort of stalled with the tranin sites now. I'm a bit afraid to ones where you need to mail stuff back with and OBVIOUSLY I'm not getting Dual Action Cleanse!

Any advice on how I can complete more offers?[/QUOTE]

You were planning on canceling even before you do the offer? That is fraud too lol

If you don't want to mail stuff back, look for offers that don't need you to do that. This stuff is clearly written in their TOS. There are some offers that are e-Deliveries too, like Yahoo! Success Center, Stamps, Reunion is a service...stuff like that.

There is no other option on "how you can complete more offers". With all the stuff you're doing or are trying to do, it is against the site's TOS. Again, remember, the more people try to scam the system, the faster freebies will die. It almost did a couple months ago, and that caused offers to get harder. If it continues with scamming, the offers will be very expensive -- for the advertisers that do stick with "incentitive sites" -- and this will cause everyone to leave and the system will die.

I've been doing freebie sites for 2.5yrs. I read a LOT on each offer I do to ensure I don't get scammed....and I never had from an advertiser.

ok pros im new to cag and yourps34free.com and i have a question, has anyone had any sucess with a prepaid card on a paticular offer? if so please tell me the offer, and dont say u cant use prepaids cause on thes site it clearly says u can

second question can i buy one prepaid giftcard or use a real credit card and go to 8 peoples houses and do the same ONE offer say stamps.com over 8 times using the same credit card/prepaid card? i would be using 8 diff ip adresses as i would be in 8 diff houses thanks for help

I know you can't use the same credit card for the same offer. Prepaid cards I think, well it depends on the site, make sure you read the offer and find out exactly what its about.

[quote name='metalgear65665']ok pros im new to cag and yourps34free.com and i have a question, has anyone had any sucess with a prepaid card on a paticular offer? if so please tell me the offer, and dont say u cant use prepaids cause on thes site it clearly says u can

second question can i buy one prepaid giftcard or use a real credit card and go to 8 peoples houses and do the same ONE offer say stamps.com over 8 times using the same credit card/prepaid card? i would be using 8 diff ip adresses as i would be in 8 diff houses thanks for help[/QUOTE]
Pre-paid cards are definitely NOT allowed!!!

Where did you see it say that it was allowed? This site? Just b/c it says it on this site it doesn't mean it is allowed. If it says its allowed on freebie sites (read their TOS, or confirm it with them), then go ahead. But the majority of freebie sites are pretty strict on this now since they lost A LOT of advertisers b/c of pre-paid cards and the major fraud that went along with it. Even Trainn (the company that runs that ps3 site says it is NOT allowed).

If you know about the "paypla plugin" thing, Trainn is looking into it as it is a virtual card (one time use), BUT it can also act as a real card (multi use cards) since your bank/credit card is the alternative money source. Read here: http://www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=836830

Regarding your other question, you cannot do offers for people, or use the same card, or use a pre-paid card, or do the exact same offer since it looks highly suspicious. All of these things are AGAINST the site's TOS, which I suggest you read. Tell your refs to pick and choose their own offers (everyone will have a different opinion of what they like), and they can use their own REAL cards. I know it's tougher, but don't try to scam the system, especially not on easy sites as Trainn.

How do I know if my account is verified at gaminglagoon.com?

I signed up like a year ago, and don't know if it is verified or not.

[quote name='kube00']You should have gotten an email about it[/quote]

I said I signed up a year ago, so I don't know.

Can somebody help me, I've been doing prize rebel and gaming lagoon, but haven't been getting most of my offers approved. I clear the cookies in between each offer, and I've been using firefox w/ trend pc-cilin (could this be the problem), but I can receive cookies.

I had 14 points the first day, 2 yesterday and none approved yet today.

[quote name='broncos77']Can somebody help me, I've been doing prize rebel and gaming lagoon, but haven't been getting most of my offers approved. I clear the cookies in between each offer, and I've been using firefox w/ trend pc-cilin (could this be the problem), but I can receive cookies.

I had 14 points the first day, 2 yesterday and none approved yet today.[/QUOTE]

Does your browser setting allows all cookies to go through too? Before doing an offer I do the following (never had to do an MCR):

1. Disable my security software and PeerGuardian too (as I have an ad blocking list).

2. Run a program called CCleaner to erase all cookies/temp files for my internet explorer 6 browser (which I use to do offers).

3. There are some programs like Spybot, that immunizes your computer against a whole list of "bad sites". By doing so, it tells your computer to never go there, even by mistake. I tell it to reverse it's changes b/c some of these are ad sites.

4. Lastly, I open up my IE 6 and change the settings to allow ALL cookies to go through.

Then I visit the freebie site immediately and do my offer.

Once offer is done, I back track through the list.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone know how long Blockbuster should take to credit on Trainn sites? And how so the support tickets work?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember how long it takes. Support tickets are what it is. You create a new ticket when you have an issue, and respond to it till the issue is resolved. For a new issue, create a new ticket. Support tickets take at least 2 business days for a reply.

Another question what's the full list of prizes Gaming Lagoon and Prize rebel offers?

Also what do people recommend between the three Gaming Lagoon, Video Games Lagoon, and prize rebel I just want to do non-cc offers.

I'd probably vote for Gaming Lagoon, they do custom orders with less strict rules compared to PrizeRebel, Prize Rebel will only do Amazon GCs while Gaming Lagoon will (or use to?) do several stores GCs, including Best Buy.

Ok, maybe I'm a little slow but I am a complete newb to this and I have a couple (possibly stupid) questions:
1. What is a conga and how does it work?
2. Not asking to go too in depth but how does this referral deal work?

I appreciate any help recieved because I want free stuffs:)Who doesn't?

[quote name='Screaming FIst']Ok, maybe I'm a little slow but I am a complete newb to this and I have a couple (possibly stupid) questions:
1. What is a conga and how does it work?
2. Not asking to go too in depth but how does this referral deal work?

I appreciate any help recieved because I want free stuffs:)Who doesn't?[/QUOTE]
1. A conga is a group of people, in a line, that sign up under each other so they can get referrals. Back a long time ago, congas were fun and it enabled many people to be each other's referrals, especially when new, popular sites were released. Now, many people usually trade for sites so they get some $ back from being a referral. In a conga you sign up for free, in the hope that someone returns the favour. Usually, if you're one of the first ones in a popular conga, you're likely to get a referral. If you're way down the line, your chances are slim to none.

I remember back in Jan 2007, I joined a conga for a very popular network - Transcendent Innovations - but even after a few minutes in the conga, I never even got one sign up. The majority of people didn't actually. That's when I decided to call it quits from congas.

The way it works, as you'll see from one of the other threads in this section is that person A signs up to a site and posts their link. Than depending on how big the conga (usually set to 3 people now), other people sign up from that link and do an offer. They then post their links.

Person A, needs 3

Person B signs up under A, needs 3
Person C signs up under A, needs 3
Person D signs up under A, needs 3

Now the list grows and it starts slowing down over time b/c interest dies down rather quickly. It is rotated every week by the person who creates it. Take a look at the other congas on this site to know how it is working.

2. Referral deal work? You mean how to trade or how this whole system works? For the answer to the latter my sig will help ;)

Referrals work like this: You refer someone to the website, they sign up and complete an offer. You receive one referral towards your "prize" however some websites such as Gaming Lagoon and Prize Rebel are percentage based on what your referral receives (ie 20% of their points for completing X offer)

thanks mkda aswell for helping people out.

Going green has to do with the environ- oh wait ..

Going green just means completing the offer requirements for that website. When people pay you, yes you can keep all the money although some offers might require you to pay something.

N1c0_ds: To go green, you gotta:

1. Sign up using that person's referral link
2. Do an offer and get credit for it.

The term "green" comes from seeing a green check mark (or green font) when the offer is done. In relation, "red" means your account is on hold and "yellow" means you just signed up but didn't get credit for an offer.

When people pay you an amount, you keep all that amount. People usually pay about 50-60% of what they get. So, the going rate of an average site is about $25. If you're new, people usually pay less until they feel comfortable in trading with you (you could be a scammer, or go red for some silly noob reason). When you gain more experience people will offer a higher amount.

Foladar: np

[quote name='metalgear65665']any alternatives to using a real credit card besides one time only paypal plugin and prepaids?[/QUOTE]
No, you have only one option: use a REAL credit card or risk your account going on hold and advertisers pulling out and this freebie system dying.

As a matter fact, just this evening the company that runs many of the instant offers (Pacific WebWorks) pulled out many of it's offers (QuickBooks quickstart, Increase My Margin, Yahoo! Success center, etc.), most probably due to offer fraud, like fake credit cards and false info. A couple of months back other major advertiser's pulled out for the same reasons -- too all b/c people try to scam advertisers.

Remember, if there are no advertisers, especially advertisers that have good offers, this freebie system WILL DIE for good (if not, the offers will get very expensive).

So, use a REAL card and follow the rules!!!

[quote name='mkda']No, you have only one option: use a REAL credit card or risk your account going on hold and advertisers pulling out and this freebie system dying.

As a matter fact, just this evening the company that runs many of the instant offers (Pacific WebWorks) pulled out many of it's offers (QuickBooks quickstart, Increase My Margin, Yahoo! Success center, etc.), most probably due to offer fraud, like fake credit cards and false info. A couple of months back other major advertiser's pulled out for the same reasons -- too all b/c people try to scam advertisers.

Remember, if there are no advertisers, especially advertisers that have good offers, this freebie system WILL DIE for good (if not, the offers will get very expensive).

So, use a REAL card and follow the rules!!![/quote]

The freebie system will never die out. The advertisers and the site make too much money off of it to let that happen.

Pacific WebWorks may have pulled out, but that may not necessarily be the reason. As of now it's useless propaganda.

I use Visa Gift Cards, the only reason advertisers don't want you using them is because if you forget to cancel the trial, they can't charge you hundreds of dollars.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']The freebie system will never die out. The advertisers and the site make too much money off of it to let that happen.

Pacific WebWorks may have pulled out, but that may not necessarily be the reason. As of now it's useless propaganda.

I use Visa Gift Cards, the only reason advertisers don't want you using them is because if you forget to cancel the trial, they can't charge you hundreds of dollars.[/QUOTE]
The sit4e makes tons of money, but not the advertisers. Unless you're counting those people who get charged for forgetting, it seems people are just in it to cancel. This certainly doesn't help keep advertisers if the leads don't plan on staying on.

I just found out the PWW may come back (from a Trainn rep). I suppose it was taken down to it it not accepting cc. Hopefully it does comes back soon, but I don't expect them to stay on for too long. Advertisers usually leave b/c fraud is a major reason. I've read and looked into incentive freebies for many years. Many advertisers (or the ad networks they go through) decline incentive sites b/c of major fraud.

With pre-paid cards especially, people don't seem to even take the trouble to quit the offer. They just let it be charged, and when there is not enough in there, advertiser's get angry. It's just that bad that gift cards are no longer allowed.

[quote name='mkda']The sit4e makes tons of money, but not the advertisers. Unless you're counting those people who get charged for forgetting, it seems people are just in it to cancel. This certainly doesn't help keep advertisers if the leads don't plan on staying on.

I just found out the PWW may come back (from a Trainn rep). I suppose it was taken down to it it not accepting cc. Hopefully it does comes back soon, but I don't expect them to stay on for too long. Advertisers usually leave b/c fraud is a major reason. I've read and looked into incentive freebies for many years. Many advertisers (or the ad networks they go through) decline incentive sites b/c of major fraud.

With pre-paid cards especially, people don't seem to even take the trouble to quit the offer. They just let it be charged, and when there is not enough in there, advertiser's get angry. It's just that bad that gift cards are no longer allowed.[/quote]

Advertisers do make a lot of money. They make it from basic advertising, from people signing up (money from trials), from people forgetting to cancel, and even from people who are generally interested in the offer.

[quote name='mkda']The sit4e makes tons of money, but not the advertisers. Unless you're counting those people who get charged for forgetting, it seems people are just in it to cancel. This certainly doesn't help keep advertisers if the leads don't plan on staying on.

With pre-paid cards especially, people don't seem to even take the trouble to quit the offer. They just let it be charged, and when there is not enough in there, advertiser's get angry. It's just that bad that gift cards are no longer allowed.[/quote]

What is PWW?

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Advertisers do make a lot of money. They make it from basic advertising, from people signing up (money from trials), from people forgetting to cancel, and even from people who are generally interested in the offer.[/QUOTE]

lol, that is nothing really. Overall, it seems they loose money when you weigh in how many ppl stay on and how many leave after they the commission is paid. People forgetting is another thing, and with that they make easily, but we don't hear soooo many cases of this.

Even though some of these companies have assets of over a million (PWW has about 3.5 million) some still don't stay. Video Professor, for example, left incentive freebie sites (I found an article where the owner of that company speaks against incentive sites...now if I can just find it again).

[quote name='SpitFire158']What is PWW?[/QUOTE]

PWW = Pacific Web Works offers: Increase My Margin, Quickbooks QuickStart, Yahoo! Success Center, etc.

I accidentally created two accounts on one trainn site, is there anything I can do to prevent me from getting screwed? I emailed Trainn. With the second account, I haven't done any offers or anything like that. I know I get the dumbass award.

[quote name='kube00']I accidentally created two accounts on one trainn site, is there anything I can do to prevent me from getting screwed? I emailed Trainn. With the second account, I haven't done any offers or anything like that. I know I get the dumbass award.[/QUOTE]
If you didn't do, or attempt to do any offers or get referrals, Trainn allows you to abandon it and create another one. No problem with that. Sigh of relief, eh? :D

[quote name='mkda']If you didn't do, or attempt to do any offers or get referrals, Trainn allows you to abandon it and create another one. No problem with that. Sigh of relief, eh? :D[/quote]

Cool I discovered that yesterday myself. I just didn't know if it was pure luck or not. This means I may be able to do a couple of more Tran sites woot!

Now I can still do elite 360 :)

When you submit a cash request to tranin (I should get the one done shortly) how long does it take from request to cash (via paypal).

[quote name='gfanikf']When you submit a cash request to tranin (I should get the one done shortly) how long does it take from request to cash (via paypal).[/QUOTE]
They pay paypal on Wed and Sat (usually very early in the morn, like 6am)

[quote name='Wicked One 612']When you submit for cash, you can request a check, correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Not sure how long that takes though. I ordered one a couple days ago, but I'm in Canada, so let's see.

Ok so I properly canceled Grant Consulting (cancellation number and all) and then tried one of the piggybacked and they couldn't find any of my info. Since I canceled the Paypal VCC card, beyond the one that will still go through (since it was still pending), none of those piggy back services should be able to get jack shit? :)

TIA

[quote name='gfanikf']Ok so I properly canceled Grant Consulting (cancellation number and all) and then tried one of the piggybacked and they couldn't find any of my info. Since I canceled the Paypal VCC card, beyond the one that will still go through (since it was still pending), none of those piggy back services should be able to get jack shit? :)

TIA[/QUOTE]
THAT IS FRAUD.

If the advertiser reports back that you did this, your account will go on hold...then you won't be able to get "jack shit" :)

Anyone know how long Grant Consultant takes to credit? It's been almost 24 hrs since I did the offer. And yes I cleared my cookies and got a confirmation email, the ref I did it for says pending still.

[quote name='kube00']And if you go red on me we will have a problem![/quote]

Don't worry. It's not yours. Yours was canceled after more then 50% of the time period expired. Grant also was about an hour or so

THAT IS FRAUD.

If the advertiser reports back that you did this, your account will go on hold...then you won't be able to get "jack shit"

Could care less. I've made a ton of money just doing the referral for people. It would be nice, to get the extra money, but it doesn't bother me. Also I said I CANCELED Grant Properly ! This is to deal with their scam piggyback ones. Grant's people wouldn't help me at all.

I am wondering can I use one credit card to do multiple offers on my friends computers, so diff ip adresses using one credit card what u think?

Pretty sure the CC is suppose to be in the account holder's name, but mkda would know more.
I'd personally suggest against it, and have them complete an offer they're seriously interested in with their own CC.

[quote name='Foladar']Pretty sure the CC is suppose to be in the account holder's name, but mkda would know more.
I'd personally suggest against it, and have them complete an offer they're seriously interested in with their own CC.[/QUOTE]

metalgear65665: Follow this suggestion. It is against the freebie site's TOS to do the offer requirements for others.

I could get in trouble for this but I signed up for Grant Consultant and I was wondering if anyone had the information (send it to me via pm) about their piggy back offer rewardsme or whatever it was called. Thanks

[quote name='kube00']I could get in trouble for this but I signed up for Grant Consultant and I was wondering if anyone had the information (send it to me via pm) about their piggy back offer rewardsme or whatever it was called. Thanks[/quote]

Good luck I called the number in the free xbox game thread, they couldn't find a damn thing. Actually they may not be linked anymore as NONE of them did a pending charge on the card like all the others normally do (no authorization no nothing).

Hence why I'm asking since Grant was properly canceled with no issues, that by closing the VCC I used to set it up should prevent any of the piggy back firms from charging me?

TIA

[quote name='Kasikuun']Okay. I have a question of my own. I signed up to this place (http://www.yournintendowii4free.com/index.php?ref=4739598) And I'm not sure about my part here. I know I have to use an offer too, and I want to try stamps.com, but I'm not sure if i can complete it. Am I saposed to register, install, AND print out the stamps or do I just have to install it?[/QUOTE]
All of the above: register, install, print. You also need to keep it for a min of 21 days, even if you get credit earlier than that. It says so on the site's offer description page.

I think they gave you $5 of postage for free to, so it is really a free trial. If you do get charged like $15, it is refunded after a couple of days. They do that to ensure the card is valid/real.

hey guys, i got 2 people to sign up under me at yourps34free.com ...but it keeps saying that : "this user is not providing credit to your account as they have not completed their offer requirement"
does it mean that they completed their offers and it takes time for me to get credit ?
thanks

bread's done
Back