Is everyone else too lazy to make an OTT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarthPuma']Does ATT really cancel your service if you use partner towers too much? We're legitimately 10 miles outside of their official coverage area.[/QUOTE]

They can.

EVERY carrier has that clause in contracts.

My brother had a T-Mobile phone for a few years, moved to an area that was 10-15 miles from official T-Mobile coverage areas, and they dropped himi after like 6 months.

Hey Sean I'm back. If you wanna play, lmk.

--

Mak, that's a good deal. Not too big a fan of mini PCs, but an i7 at that price is solid. Upgrade that GPU though.

[quote name='tiredfornow']http://en.akinator.com/#

How does something like this work? It just guessed that I was Meryl from MGS4 and Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit.

EDIT: And Yuna, even though I said the character wasn't from Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

It just has a big ol' database of people and their characteristics and asks questions that can eliminate the greatest number of those people at a time.

[quote name='manthing']They can.

EVERY carrier has that clause in contracts.

My brother had a T-Mobile phone for a few years, moved to an area that was 10-15 miles from official T-Mobile coverage areas, and they dropped himi after like 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I know a lot of people that live here using ATT, so I figured there was a way around it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']It just has a big ol' database of people and their characteristics and asks questions that can eliminate the greatest number of those people at a time.[/QUOTE]Hmm, I see.

Whoa, how embarassing, Music.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Hmm, I see.[/QUOTE]
Have you beaten it yet? When you do (I just did with Francois Truffaut), it gives you a list of people who it "thought" were possible. You'll see they all have similar characteristics.

I imagine there's more to the algorithm though, since it asked me identify who I was thinking of (and Truffaut was on its list) and said that it "would do better next time," which makes me think that it "learns"--to a certain extent.

Lets go get waxed, DarthPuma. Brax0r can drive us.
He has a CD player in his car. :whee:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226899 [quote name='Liquid 2']Whoa, how embarassing, Music.

Have you beaten it yet? When you do (I just did with Francois Truffaut), it gives you a list of people who it "thought" were possible. You'll see they all have similar characteristics.

I imagine there's more to the algorithm though, since it asked me identify who I was thinking of (and Truffaut was on its list) and said that it "would do better next time," which makes me think that it "learns"--to a certain extent.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I beat it a while ago with The Skipper from Gilligan's Island. It seems like it goes off of user information, then just kinda molds suggestions from people and their answers to guess yours? I'm probably super wrong, but whatever. :cool:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Yeah, I beat it a while ago with The Skipper from Gilligan's Island. It seems like it goes off of user information, then just kinda molds suggestions from people and their answers to guess yours? I'm probably super wrong, but whatever. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I think it has a basis from what I said about eliminating people based on characteristics, and then "learns" who most people tend to lean to given certain characteristics by making a probability distribution of who it's most likely to be.

No way to know for sure without hitting up the author though; there are tons of different ways to do things when writing code.

I have a quiz to take at 5 but this thunderstorm is just sitting on top of my area. If I don't go hopefully he won't be a prick about it.

[quote name='DT778']If the Magic lose tonight you might as well give me the 20 bucks already stoneage.[/QUOTE]

Miracles can happen from time to time, DT778, and if they don't I'll pay you when the series is over. Immediately after I shave.

[quote name='tiredfornow']http://en.akinator.com/#

How does something like this work? It just guessed that I was Meryl from MGS4 and Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit.

EDIT: And Yuna, even though I said the character wasn't from Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

It correctly guessed Toshiro Mifune relatively quickly

Edit: But it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off when I tried a character from a Dickens novel. Little Red Riding Hood? Weak.

[quote name='st0neface']Miracles can happen from time to time, DT778, and if they don't I'll pay you when the series is over. Immediately after I shave.[/QUOTE]:lol: I know. A few years ago when it was the Mavs and Heat, I bet another CAG on the Heat after they were already down 0-2 and won myself 20 bucks. So yeah, it ain't over til it's over.

Parents go on vacation and the second day after I start dog sitting the dog mysteriously goes lame and can't walk.

Stupid vet won't take her until tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='st0neface']The first one, zewone.

Edit: darthbudge just super-confirmed you should wear the first.[/QUOTE]

Sean agreed with me!

[quote name='DT778']:lol: I know. A few years ago when it was the Mavs and Heat, I bet another CAG on the Heat after they were already down 0-2 and won myself 20 bucks. So yeah, it ain't over til it's over.[/QUOTE]

Mavs didn't have Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back