It's almost April 1st, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expected it. It seems to me that double dip by design is going to be a profitable strategy for the studios/distributors, especially with desirable titles.

Just wait until Star Wars come out in Blu-Ray. George Lucas will release them 4 or 5 times...but never the original theatrical release.

And I'll buy them all...:cry:

Well, that "set your alarms for 5AM PST" twitter message from Xbox Live was a bunch of crap. The MW2 maps go up twenty minutes late and on top of that, you can't even play them until the game gets a title update.

Why go and say that and then not make sure everything is going to run smoothly?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I fully expected it. It seems to me that double dip by design is going to be a profitable strategy for the studios/distributors, especially with desirable titles.[/QUOTE]
I knew they would do it with the theatrical/extended cuts, but i figured the picture quality would be better. It's not like it's some old movie they had to restore, it was one of the best looking films when it came out.

Got some sweet blu-rays for $9.99 each on Amazon:

Planet Terror (2-Disc Special Edition)
Death Proof
Pandorum
Serenity
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Also got the new
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein for $13 for shits and giggles while I was at it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Got some sweet blu-rays for $9.99 each on Amazon:

Planet Terror (2-Disc Special Edition)
Death Proof

Pandorum
Serenity
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Also got the new
iconxbox360.gif
Wolfenstein for $13 for shits and giggles while I was at it.[/QUOTE]

I really wish they'd package them together, as the theatrical release. :( I missed out on it in the theatre, and watching them separately, even back to back, seems like it just wouldn't be the same. :\

I don't understand that either, its the same deal with kill bill. I guess they figure they can make more money with them separately. I'm surprised directors like tarantino don't insist on them being released together.

38 degrees out and raining. Hey, Mother Nature, don't you know it's March 30th?! In like a lion, out like a lamb? Ever hear that one? ARGH

Why do Major Nelson and his pals that run Xbox Live have to suck so much ass? This patch should have been put out yesterday. :whistle2:|[quote name='Number83']Just wait until Star Wars come out in Blu-Ray. George Lucas will release them 4 or 5 times...but never the original theatrical release.

And I'll buy them all...:cry:[/QUOTE]What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that he never double dipped on Star Wars on DVD. The DVDs that are out now are the same ones that he initially released and he even included the laserdisc ports of the theatrical versions with the original trilogy. Did they even really exist on VHS beyond the theatrical and the late 90s special editions?

[quote name='Number83']Mak, have you seen that they have Redboxes at Turkey Hill now?[/QUOTE]

Nope but then again I haven't been in one in awhile. Maybe I'll go get some TH ice cream tonight and take a peek around.

[quote name='Chika']38 degrees out and raining. Hey, Mother Nature, don't you know it's March 30th?! In like a lion, out like a lamb? Ever hear that one? ARGH[/QUOTE]

Today is the last day of rain/cold weather for awhile for this area of PA. It's gonna be sunny and 80 degrees for the next week. :bouncy:

Nah, I took too much time off when I had my oral surgery....I do have a pretty bad sore throat right now, so the though did cross my mind.

fuck, the replacement firewire cable didn't fix the banding artifacts in my videos but they occur in different places (so at least it's not the video source). I've got a bad port on either my camera or my computer.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']"Anime is a prime example of why two nukes just wasn't enough."
-- NH Rep. Nick Levasseur[/QUOTE]

He's right.

Wait, you can't just play TDM and have the new Stimulus maps cycle through occasionally, like in the original Modern Warfare?

You know I'm right, TFN.

Where all did you eat in Austin? After watching that Man v. Food episode, I really want to go to Juan in a Million. Did any of those places I recommend work out?

[quote name='Rocko']Wait, you can't just play TDM and have the new Stimulus maps cycle through occasionally, like in the original Modern Warfare?[/QUOTE]

I thought there was a separate playlist for the maps in COD4 too when it first came out.

[quote name='munch']You know I'm right, TFN.

Where all did you eat in Austin? After watching that Man v. Food episode, I really want to go to Juan in a Million. Did any of those places I recommend work out?[/QUOTE]Homeslice and The Green Mesquite. Both were fuckin' great with cool environments. Green Mesqute worked out with our day at zilker, since it was right down the street and we were starving after the kite festival and canoeing. Thanks again. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back