Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

:lol: One of the 'experts'(who doesn't even work for BB) on the BB Forums shot down my post saying I intend on using the B2G1 on BF. We shall see though. We shall see.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: One of the 'experts'(who doesn't even work for BB) on the BB Forums shot down my post saying I intend on using the B2G1 on BF. We shall see though. We shall see.;)[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they can deny you. There is nothing on the coupon about sale prices - only "Not Vaild on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup".

I plan on picking up Batman AC (w/Robin & Downloadable movie), Battlefield 3 and GoW 3 or Uncharted 3 - for $60+tax AC.

I still haven't received my coupons. Was hoping to get them before BF, took forever for my magazines to come in and now my coupons damn.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I don't see how they can deny you. There is nothing on the coupon about sale prices - only "Not Vaild on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup".

I plan on picking up Batman AC (w/Robin & Downloadable movie), Battlefield 3 and GoW 3 or Uncharted 3 - for $60+tax AC.[/QUOTE]

My stores gaming manager told me the coupons will be valid on black Friday. Point blank, cut and dry. Let's hope he's correct.

Still haven't got these in the mail. Just going to avoid the madness that is Black Friday and take advantage of the early access tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I get the coupons, some other nice deals pop up that I can take advantage of.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: One of the 'experts'(who doesn't even work for BB) on the BB Forums shot down my post saying I intend on using the B2G1 on BF. We shall see though. We shall see.;)[/QUOTE]

Was it that Crystal Wow "such a cunt"?

just ignore he/she/it.

[quote name='jdb230']Was it that Crystal Wow "such a cunt"?

just ignore he/she/it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, CrystalWow is literally one of the worst over on that forum. Btw, it's getting closer to BF and still don't have the welcome packet. Should I be worried?

I just signed up for the $15 gamer rz membership. I wish I could get the b2g1 coupon for friday but know I won't. The people in my position, do you have a gameplan regarding the b2g1 or will you just leave it as it is?

If you message me any time on/after Wednesday night, I will give you the UPC for any of the coupons you need.

If you're heading to BBY before BF, you might want to ask the gaming department if they're okay with you just giving them the UPC (due to your situation). I know some might get shut down even with the UPC, but hopefully you can find someone nice.

Best to take the scan of the back of the coupon I posted and show the employees the exact verbiage to let them know there's nothing saying "not valid on BF" or something similar (ahead of time).

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but on page 5 of the November issue of @GAMER magazine, it says the following:

"We've heard from a lot of Best Buy customers who go in a few weeks after a game has been released and are surprised that they can apply the coupon to the already-discounted price. Yeah, that's right -- @GAMER encourages double-dipping."

It's not exactly gospel, but it can't hurt to keep a copy of the magazine on you for situations like BF and especially the recent Ico/GoW double-dipping fiasco.

[quote name='jdb230']Was it that Crystal Wow "such a cunt"?

just ignore he/she/it.[/QUOTE]
:lol: You must've dealt with he/she/it before, huh? But yeah, that's who it was.:whistle2:#
[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If you message me any time on/after Wednesday night, I will give you the UPC for any of the coupons you need.

If you're heading to BBY before BF, you might want to ask the gaming department if they're okay with you just giving them the UPC (due to your situation). I know some might get shut down even with the UPC, but hopefully you can find someone nice.

Best to take the scan of the back of the coupon I posted and show the employees the exact verbiage to let them know there's nothing saying "not valid on BF" or something similar (ahead of time).[/QUOTE]
I just hope that the people trying with just the SKU/UPC for the coupons don't screw it up for those who already received the full welcome packet.:bomb:

Well, there goes the idea.. Mike at their forums posted:

Thank you for bringing this up. I have communicated with Reward Zone on this and they confirmed these coupons are not stackable with sales prices, which means they will also not be eligible on Black Friday sales.

So yeah I never go the 10 RZ Cert for the holidays, im a silver member and my buddy is a regular member and he recieved the cert.....is it just given to those who dont shop as much?

[quote name='Foladar']Well, there goes the idea.. Mike at their forums posted:[/QUOTE]

Well that weird because I went to BB on Sat. for the GoW3 and GoW Collection sale when they were 15 each used, picked up Force Unleashed 2 free. Used a $10 GC from the spend 100 get 10 deal, and then they scanned my coupon for the B2G1 on preowned. Worked fine for me, ended up getting the three games for 18.

[quote name='TheFirst109']Well that weird because I went to BB on Sat. for the GoW3 and GoW Collection sale when they were 15 each used, picked up Force Unleashed 2 free. Used a $10 GC from the spend 100 get 10 deal, and then they scanned my coupon for the B2G1 on preowned. Worked fine for me, ended up getting the three games for 18.[/QUOTE]

He meant the coupon for the new games with BF prices.

[quote name='Foladar']Well, there goes the idea.. Mike at their forums posted:[/QUOTE]

I will still get my BF games w/ the coupon just fine regardless of what Mike says about it; automatic or not.

Unless they recoded how the coupon works, there's nothing preventing it from working on sale prices, only package deals.

Given there are only min. 10 noted in the ad for those BF games, how likely will it be that I won't have to be there before midnight to get them. I'd hate to wait just for games and B2G1 coupon. I may just wait it out until next year. My backlog is large enough.

[quote name='Donut2922']He meant the coupon for the new games with BF prices.[/QUOTE]

He said these couponS won't work on games with sale prices. Either way, there's no language on the coupon that will prevent this from working. By now most employees who work the gaming section will be aware that gamers unlocked coupons stack with sale prices normally so it won't be hard to get the girl at my BB to just do a simple override for me like she has in the past.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I will still get my BF games w/ the coupon just fine regardless of what Mike says about it; automatic or not.

Unless they recoded how the coupon works, there's nothing preventing it from working on sale prices, only package deals.[/QUOTE]
:applause:I still intend on trying it, just like I still intend on trying for the 42" tv. Speaking of which, I better call my buddy who's supposed to take turns standing in line with me for the sale tv tomorrow sometime to make sure we're still on for Thursday into Friday.

I checked my closest store yesterday and they were showing TWENTY FOUR of the 42" Sharp tv's in the system(marked at $999,999.99 AND marked as a Black Friday item for right now:cry:), so as long as I'm somewhere within the first 24 people then I stand a shot at getting one.;)

SKU for the tv is 3142087 in case anyone reading this thread wants to go double check inventory numbers for their local store(s).;)

[quote name='sassylaurie']The main solvent in lighter fluid is naptha - which is available at the hardware store. Works great for pulling off stickers. Just be sure to put some on a paper towel and lightly saturate the label. It eats away the sticky residue. If you apply it directly and saturate it, it can/will crack light plastic, so just dab the label until the solvent works its way to the backside and does it's magic.[/QUOTE]

Do you know any way to remove those license stickers from sports games like Madden or Tiger Woods?

[quote name='jling84']Do you know any way to remove those license stickers from sports games like Madden or Tiger Woods?[/QUOTE]

Those stickers have a foil that will not allow the solvent to penetrate to the sticky stuff on the back. They are also tougher and most likely will not rip, therefore, just peal the sticker off and apply the naptha to the sticky residue.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Those stickers have a foil that will not allow the solvent to penetrate to the sticky stuff on the back. They are also tougher and most likely will not rip, therefore, just peal the sticker off and apply the naptha to the sticky residue.[/QUOTE]
Either that or just take some packing tape and stick and peel that on the leftover residue until it comes up. That's all I do on the cases with leftover residue after peeling off the stickers. It works like a charm and best of all no inhaling fumes.;)

[quote name='bob330i']Given there are only min. 10 noted in the ad for those BF games, how likely will it be that I won't have to be there before midnight to get them. I'd hate to wait just for games and B2G1 coupon. I may just wait it out until next year. My backlog is large enough.[/QUOTE]

Was in my BB today and talked to a couple of employees. They both said in separate conversations that the warehouse is more full than they have ever seen it and have been crazy-busy stocking.

Just by guesstimating, I would say they had at least 30 AC:R, 20 Batman:AC, 40 Battlefield 3, 40 GoW 3 - and that was just a quick glance down the 360 isle.

Those numbers seem low :)

My store kept getting more and more shipments in today as I was talking to the sup. and they had nowhere to put anything. Headsets, DSes, PSPs, controllers, you name it.

The rafters are completely full too. They got 30 PSPs in... and like 30 Dead Islands too. Which might be a good sign that it'll be on sale in-store too (otherwise why stock them). The new shipment of Batman:AC didn't have the Robin codes in them, so you might wanna take a look before you grab a copy.

At first I was a little sad and surprised to see that quote from "Mike", especially since I decided today to use the B2G1 coupon on U3, AC:R :)ps3:), and Rage :)360:) on BF (as an aside, does that seem like a good usage of the coupon in terms of value?), but what PrinnyOtaku said makes me a bit more confident that the B2G1 coupon will work. :D

[quote name='sassylaurie']
Just by guesstimating, I would say they had at least 30 AC:R, 20 Batman:AC, 40 Battlefield 3, 40 GoW 3 - and that was just a quick glance down the 360 isle.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the local one had at least 30 of each game and that was last week, they had at least another 20 on a stocking cart when I went in there late last week, but it could be because it's an Orlando store so it's going to be highly sought after there. Obviously people are going to want to get there early, though. I'm hoping to get there 2 hours early just to grab a few games, if they're out, they're out, no biggie.

[quote name='Vigilante']At first I was a little sad and surprised to see that quote from "Mike", especially since I decided today to use the B2G1 coupon on U3, AC:R :)ps3:), and Rage :)360:) on BF (as an aside, does that seem like a good usage of the coupon in terms of value?), but what PrinnyOtaku said makes me a bit more confident that the B2G1 coupon will work. :D[/QUOTE]

That was the same trio I planned to get, except 360 for AC:R. The only downfall would be 'Rage' as it's an older title and may be on sale for the $30 price point in the near future, but some others may not be.

[quote name='Foladar']That was the same trio I planned to get, except 360 for AC:R. The only downfall would be 'Rage' as it's an older title and may be on sale for the $30 price point in the near future, but some others may not be.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Rage, but it's the only other game on sale during BF that interests me. I suppose I could get two copies of U3 and sell one for $40 on Amazon next week, so that in effect I would have paid less than $40 for both U3 and AC:R...But I get the feeling that that might not be the best idea, so I don't know...

[quote name='Vigilante']Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Rage, but it's the only other game on sale during BF that interests me. I suppose I could get two copies of U3 and sell one for $40 on Amazon next week, so that in effect I would have paid less than $40 for both U3 and AC:R...But I get the feeling that that might not be the best idea, so I don't know...[/QUOTE]

If it's the only other game that interests you, I'd get it anyway. At least you'll stand a better chance getting Rage compared to some of the larger titles.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The new shipment of Batman:AC didn't have the Robin codes in them, so you might wanna take a look before you grab a copy.[/QUOTE]

does anyone have their receipt from buying the PS3 version? I'd like to know if the one with Robin has a different sku or item number. I need to pick one up so I can return it ;)

also I could have sworn I saw a mod at BBY state that the b2g1 coupon will work during BF.

I live in a city of about 90k, which is pretty low compared to other metropolitan areas. The nearest Best Buy store is pretty small compared to other Best Buy stores I've been to. That being said, it usually has at LEAST 10 copies of a given game on the shelf if not more.

I got an email this morning welcoming me to Unlocked. I signed up 2 months ago. I'm glad they fixed it (and it does indeed say it on my RZ account now), but holy shit.

[quote name='illennium']I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but on page 5 of the November issue of @GAMER magazine, it says the following:

"We've heard from a lot of Best Buy customers who go in a few weeks after a game has been released and are surprised that they can apply the coupon to the already-discounted price. Yeah, that's right -- @GAMER encourages double-dipping."

It's not exactly gospel, but it can't hurt to keep a copy of the magazine on you for situations like BF and especially the recent Ico/GoW double-dipping fiasco.[/QUOTE]I have the 6/1 memo the title states

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items"

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304619
there's no woggle room they should stack or be overriden when needed

[quote name='bob330i']Given there are only min. 10 noted in the ad for those BF games, how likely will it be that I won't have to be there before midnight to get them.QUOTE]have you shopped on BF @ BB before? There's a 4 sided cardboard stand for all the $35ish sale games doorbuster games usually about 40-60 of each game plus if you don't wanna stand in line just order thru BB.com & which ever games you miss go to the store & get that way it's not all or nothing.

[quote name='Foladar']The only downfall would be 'Rage' as it's an older title and may be on sale for the $30 price point in the near future, but some others may not be.[/QUOTE]it's $30 on sale now @ target "temp" price cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bob330i']Given there are only min. 10 noted in the ad for those BF games, how likely will it be that I won't have to be there before midnight to get them.[/QUOTE]
My store is probably ranked 2nd or 3rd in the district for revenue for gaming and we have atleast 70-80 copies per system of the big stuff. Batman, ACR, BF3, MW3, Saints Row and Rage. ACR didn't seem to sell well so we're sitting on alot of copies. BF3 we probably have more like 150 copies per system. MW3 is probably around 300 copies per system. On top of that my store was already pulling the minimum amount needed for BF and on top of that we are receiving a truck on black Friday.

In all honesty I think its going to be the Kinect stuff that sells out quicker if at all. The midnight opening thing is what's throwing me off though because it past years I've worked about 4-5 hours after opening on BF and we would only be OOS on one big ticket item (Red Wii for example).

[quote name='Japakneez']I don't think the B2G1 will stack on top of sale prices but if it does then congrats.[/QUOTE]

There is no harm in trying if you are going to be there anyway. I plan to try but I have my doubts as BF sale prices are an exception to 'normal' prices.

The only odd thing about the $29.99 prices is that it's "after savings."

Not sure how it's gonna ring up but with an override it looks like:

Uncharted 3 59.99
30.00 discount

If it were PM'ed down to $29.99. That definitely works w/ the B2G1, but if it's ringing up some other random way (package deal) then it won't work.

I still intend on trying it, since there is no verbiage that says it can't be used on BF.:razz: Either way I'm going there likely for a 32"tv since I don't plan on parking my ass out in the cold overnight for the 42" tv I was gonna try for originally.:cry:

Besides which there's probably already 24 loserrrr... I mean fellow shoppers camped out by the frickin' door for Friday at 12:01 already.:roll:

Since BB and other stores are private property the cops really should be called and all of the campers given a trespassing fine to eliminate that sorta bs.

I also intend on trying them since there are no restrictions on the coupon and with lines being wrapped around the store there is a greater chance of them being accepted (so they don't hold up the lines).

But Reward Zone really need to get this stuff straight because the Gamer club coupon policies make no sense - on the back of the coupons in the magazines they say they should not work on sale prices - but are supposed to. These coupons have no restrictions on the back and they aren't supposed to work with sale prices....ummm what??

Great work Reward Zone :roll:

Since there's no buy 2 get 1 free that's stackable with BF, screw it. I would still like the coupon in the long run but seems like the hassle is SO much fun.

[quote name='lifeinhisway83']I also intend on trying them since there are no restrictions on the coupon and with lines being wrapped around the store there is a greater chance of them being accepted (so they don't hold up the lines).

But Reward Zone really need to get this stuff straight because the Gamer club coupon policies make no sense - on the back of the coupons in the magazines they say they should not work on sale prices - but are supposed to. These coupons have no restrictions on the back and they aren't supposed to work with sale prices....ummm what??

Great work Reward Zone :roll:[/QUOTE]
:applause:Exactly. But it does sometimes work out better for consumers when one hand doesn't know what the other is doing in corporate America.;)

The real reason I'm even going in to BBY on BF is to grab my Zelda 3DS bundle which they're holding for me. No rush to go in at midnight because it's being held but I figured I might as well just join the fun.

Even if the games sell out, it'd be easy to go in later in the day and get them through OMS and try the coupons out when the lines are apeshit crazy.

Stores are getting a shipment in (my store is getting over 9000 items on Friday), so they'll replenish midday.

bread's done
Back