Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Also another word of advice.

Never do a ship-to-store order while you're at the store. I did that for Rune Factory and return/rebought it today to use w/ the coupon and it came in w/ a fucking massive sticker that's impossible to get off. Now it looks like this:
IMG_0021.jpg

I was planning on keeping it sealed... Does Goo Gone get rid of this stuff, or should I just open it?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Anybody try combining coupons (ala B2G1 & $10 off Batman AA)? Was thinking of getting Batman AA, and x2 Assassin's Creed Bro'hood.[/QUOTE]package deals don't stack one will override the other, usually the last coupon scanned is the one that shows up. Package deals have **** around the items.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Does Goo Gone get rid of this stuff, or should I just open it?[/QUOTE]steam works just enough to get it gooey then scrape off with a sharp knife.

You should have no problem getting that sticker residue off using lighter fluid - that's what I use and it works like a charm - just let it soak in for a bit and it should peel right off

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Also another word of advice.

Never do a ship-to-store order while you're at the store. I did that for Rune Factory and return/rebought it today to use w/ the coupon and it came in w/ a fucking massive sticker that's impossible to get off. Now it looks like this:
IMG_0021.jpg

I was planning on keeping it sealed... Does Goo Gone get rid of this stuff, or should I just open it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']package deals don't stack one will override the other, usually the last coupon scanned is the one that shows up. Package deals have **** around the items.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to find any copies of Batman AA, so instead I just got 3x Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
This is also good news for it working on BF.[/QUOTE]

Should make some amazing deals come BF for those who have the packet already. I would think for the packet to reach the remaining who haven't received it yet, would need to be shipped by tomorrow at the latest probably. Wonder if they're withholding the rest til after BF to avoid stacking?

Maybe it's just my luck with their coupons, though. Magazine didn't come in on time to use it on Sonic, no AA anywhere, and no B2G1. Here's hoping for a useful Christmas sale to use it on.

I had my Best Buy gaming manager guy look at the coupons and he said that they should work on black Friday. Not that that he would really know, but it's a good sign.

[quote name='KtMack23']I had my Best Buy gaming manager guy look at the coupons and he said that they should work on black Friday. Not that that he would really know, but it's a good sign.[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear. I'm thinking of going to my local Best Buy at midnight on Black Friday, use the B2G1 coupon, and a $50 GC I got w/ the 360 Holiday bundle and get Batman:AC, Uncharted 3, and probably Battlefield 3 for about $11.

[quote name='berga52']That's great to hear. I'm thinking of going to my local Best Buy at midnight on Black Friday, use the B2G1 coupon, and a $50 GC I got w/ the 360 Holiday bundle and get Batman:AC, Uncharted 3, and probably Battlefield 3 for about $11.[/QUOTE]

What calculator are you using. 60+60 = 120 - 50gc = 70. What am I missing?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']What calculator are you using. 60+60 = 120 - 50gc = 70. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

The part where those games are on sale for 29.99 each on Black Friday at Best Buy.

[quote name='ratedpg131987']If anybody has already used there coupon and they didn't take it can someone with the coupon put up a scan of their coupon so hopefully we can see if they have matching sku's of if it's all different. I'm dying for this coupon please help a cheapa$$gamer out[/QUOTE]

All coupons have the same sku. I got two sets of coupons and they are the same.

I'm really hoping these coupons work on black friday. Wanna get Assassins Creed, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom and I'll figure out what else to get when I'm there I guess.

[quote name='KtMack23']I had my Best Buy gaming manager guy look at the coupons and he said that they should work on black Friday. Not that that he would really know, but it's a good sign.[/QUOTE]

Same here, kind of. He said they should work, but no guarantees and to bring it in and it'd be "worth a shot"

[quote name='ratedpg131987']If anybody has already used there coupon and they didn't take it can someone with the coupon put up a scan of their coupon so hopefully we can see if they have matching sku's of if it's all different. I'm dying for this coupon please help a cheapa$$gamer out[/QUOTE]

It's the same SKU as already mentioned. But just a note, these coupons aren't printed on the normal paper that the @Gamer coupons and most other BB coupons are printed on.

It's a more special paper that says "VOID" all over it if you hold it up to the light and has all these lines across it, kind of like anti-counterfeiting stuff?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad they wouldn't let me use it twice whenever I get mine, since I kinda want both the Uncharted 3 LE one and maybe the RDR GOTY edition one. Mike from the BB forums is looking into why some of us still haven't received our welcome packets with coupons as of yet. So hopefully that will expedite these to those of us who haven't received them yet.[/QUOTE]

What's the link to this forum

[quote name='ratedpg131987']What's the link to this forum[/QUOTE]
http://forums.bestbuy.com/

Here's hoping I can convince a nice cashier to lemme use the 50% off a guide coupon TWICE cuz I really want BOTH the RDR GOTY and Uncharted 3 LE guides.

Since I'm already likely going to be camping for one of the $199 tv's at BB on BF I might as well go there n grab some of the $30 games with the B2G1 coupon. I'll probably grab AC: R, Deus Ex and some as yet undetermined third title for $60 total, which will hopefully all be paid for it in game credit from trades I plan on doing this Friday/Saturday.:whee:

Used my B2G1 coupon today to grab 3 Halos. 2 go to a coworker who wants 2 copies for some reason, and is willing to pay me $30/copy.

[quote name='bagwelljeff']You should have no problem getting that sticker residue off using lighter fluid - that's what I use and it works like a charm - just let it soak in for a bit and it should peel right off[/QUOTE]

The main solvent in lighter fluid is naptha - which is available at the hardware store. Works great for pulling off stickers. Just be sure to put some on a paper towel and lightly saturate the label. It eats away the sticky residue. If you apply it directly and saturate it, it can/will crack light plastic, so just dab the label until the solvent works its way to the backside and does it's magic.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']http://forums.bestbuy.com/

Here's hoping I can convince a nice cashier to lemme use the 50% off a guide coupon TWICE cuz I really want BOTH the RDR GOTY and Uncharted 3 LE guides.

Since I'm already likely going to be camping for one of the $199 tv's at BB on BF I might as well go there n grab some of the $30 games with the B2G1 coupon. I'll probably grab AC: R, Deus Ex and some as yet undetermined third title for $60 total, which will hopefully all be paid for it in game credit from trades I plan on doing this Friday/Saturday.:whee:[/QUOTE]

Want my coupon for the 50% off? I don't buy guides so it's not useful to me.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Want my coupon for the 50% off? I don't buy guides so it's not useful to me.[/QUOTE]
Sure if you can spare it. Normally I don't buy guides either, but with BB cracking down on pennied ones I have a feeling the UC3 and RDR GOTY ones will be impossible to get once they do drop. Either that or they'll disappear long before they drop to a penny.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Ditto[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have proof I'm an RZ member unlocked, I could PM you the proof for anyone willing to help me. I could really use it for that collector's Skyrim guide.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Also another word of advice.

IMG_0021.jpg

I was planning on keeping it sealed... Does Goo Gone get rid of this stuff, or should I just open it?[/QUOTE]

The BB used games all have a bar code sticker that uses the same adhesive. I used a piece of 3M adhesive tape and dabbed it like i would to take off any other sticker residue.

Got my coupons today. Going to use it on Black Friday. Plan on getting:

Deus Ex $29.99
Sesame Street $24.99
Sims 3 Pets $24.99

Got a $10 giftcard to use too so just sweetens the deal. :)

Just curious but for those of you just now receiving welcome packets, when did you sign up? Hopeful that I'll get mine before BF, but not looking too likely.

[quote name='Foladar']Just curious but for those of you just now receiving welcome packets, when did you sign up? Hopeful that I'll get mine before BF, but not looking too likely.[/QUOTE]

I believe I got my packet roughly 1 month after I unlocked in store. That's if I'm remembering correctly.

hey guys im part of the gz but idk how to get these coupons.. anyway to get them now? i could really use them on black friday

I got my coupons today and noticed that when I used the B2G1new it took off the third item and not the cheapest one. The cheapest, $35, was scanned first then two $40 games and it took of one of the $40.

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't have 3 evenly priced titles in mind.

July for me. Just got my welcome pack on Monday.

To the guy above, you have to wait. They come in the mail along with your Gamer's club stickers.

[quote name='sm0k1nace']hey guys im part of the gz but idk how to get these coupons.. anyway to get them now? i could really use them on black friday[/QUOTE]

They're sent out in batches, highly doubtful you'll receive them by BF unless you were "Unlocked" before the month started.

[quote name='Pookymeister']The B2G1 coupon from the Unlocked package worked unexpectedly for me. I'm not sure why, but i bought 2 Assassin's Creed BH CE for $24.99 each and Yakuza 4 for $29.99. Yakuza was free. Maybe it took the regular price of AC at 99.99 when it calculated? If so, I wish i would have known ahead of time =][/QUOTE]

[quote name='stiner']I got my coupons today and noticed that when I used the B2G1new it took off the third item and not the cheapest one. The cheapest, $35, was scanned first then two $40 games and it took of one of the $40.

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't have 3 evenly priced titles in mind.[/QUOTE]

Wow so it's one of those coupons eh? Going to need to make changes to what I want to get then. :D

[quote name='Keen314']Used my B2G1 coupon today to grab 3 Halos. 2 go to a coworker who wants 2 copies for some reason, and is willing to pay me $30/copy.[/QUOTE]to bad that $10 credit deal was online only w/in-store p/u otherwise you'd also have $30 in credit just in time for BF.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307004
But if your interested in WWE12 it has a $10 credit too & there's a $47 hard sale price @ target next week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad they wouldn't let me use it twice whenever I get mine, since I kinda want both the Uncharted 3 LE one and maybe the RDR GOTY edition one. Mike from the BB forums is looking into why some of us still haven't received our welcome packets with coupons as of yet. So hopefully that will expedite these to those of us who haven't received them yet.[/QUOTE]UC3 was $85 @ sam's club before it sold out but the Batman AC is still there & I got RDR GOTY for $30 on release @ BB when it was on sale too.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9008204#post9008204

[quote name='sm0k1nace']hey guys im part of the gz but idk how to get these coupons.. anyway to get them now? i could really use them on black friday[/QUOTE]If you don't have them by now chances are your not getting this batch.:cry: I just got unlocked on 10/30 I got the coupon in the sept. mag but I wanted to ensure the issues where corrected so I missed out on them. But at least I know there's gonna be more good coupon deals coming to go along with the mag too.

[quote name='Enuf']
If you don't have them by now chances are your not getting this batch.:cry: I just got unlocked on 10/30 I got the coupon in the sept. mag but I wanted to ensure the issues where corrected so I missed out on them. But at least I know there's gonna be more good coupon deals coming to go along with the mag too.[/QUOTE]
They should have just activated something attached to the card so each person would have their coupon available asap, I was going to shop there on BF but now it's Amazon or Walmart since they're cheaper anyway. I asked the Best Buy guy on the forum but was told there's still no ETA, so it's unlikely anyone gets it before December if it wasn't already sent out.

And there's probably too few of them in the wild for them to appear on sites like CL or eBay.

[quote name='Dragon138']Just used my guide coupon and scored Skyrim collectors guide for $21 and some change.[/QUOTE]

I plan on using mine for the Skyward Sword CE guide. Since Amazon isn't selling that one for some reason, the coupon is the only way I've seen to get a decent price on it.

[quote name='Enuf']
UC3 was $85 @ sam's club before it sold out but the Batman AC is still there & I got RDR GOTY for $30 on release @ BB when it was on sale too.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9008204#post9008204[/QUOTE]
I meant the guides actually. I already have UC3(normal edition) and RDR GOTY(got it for $30 with the BB sale too;)), but I would definitely love to get the guides for both since they both look really, really nice.:)

[quote name='argyle']I plan on using mine for the Skyward Sword CE guide. Since Amazon isn't selling that one for some reason, the coupon is the only way I've seen to get a decent price on it.[/QUOTE]

Oy, I can't decide which one to use the coupon on: Skyrim or Zelda....decisions decisions...

[quote name='stiner']I got my coupons today and noticed that when I used the B2G1new it took off the third item and not the cheapest one. The cheapest, $35, was scanned first then two $40 games and it took of one of the $40.

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't have 3 evenly priced titles in mind.[/QUOTE]Uh-oh...Then I could get U3, AC:R, and Skyrim for $65 on BF if scanned in that order. IN. SANE. :applause:

[quote name='Vigilante']Uh-oh...Then I could get U3, AC:R, and Skyrim for $65 on BF if scanned in that order. IN. SANE. :applause:[/QUOTE]

System would probably reject it due to Skyrim being over $40, unless they had it on sale unadvertised too, which is possible since the ad suggests more deals.

Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't have 3 evenly priced titles in mind.[/QUOTE]

Wow if thats true next week then we got a serious deal written all over it as Vigilante pointed out. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Foladar']They should have just activated something attached to the card so each person would have their coupon available asap, I was going to shop there on BF but now it's Amazon or Walmart since they're cheaper anyway. I asked the Best Buy guy on the forum but was told there's still no ETA, so it's unlikely anyone gets it before December if it wasn't already sent out.[/QUOTE]Or they could offer the coupon packs in-store all the time so you just grab them & have them scanned so it packages out for free just like when using the free unlocked coupon & when a person signs up for the unlocked membership in-store.
If they were smart enuf to promote ALL the gaming deals along with the unlocked membership people would join just for the instant discount.

[quote name='Foladar']System would probably reject it due to Skyrim being over $40, unless they had it on sale unadvertised too, which is possible since the ad suggests more deals.[/QUOTE]Ah crud, I forgot about the

[quote name='Donut2922']Wow if thats true next week then we got a serious deal written all over it as Vigilante pointed out. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
Yep. I plan on using the B2G1(if I get it before then) on 3 of the BF deal titles, since then it'll be like getting each for $20. So far I've decided on AC: R and Deus Ex, but I have yet to decide on a third title to use as of now. I'll probably end up selling AC: R to my one buddy to play through since he's played all of the prior games in the series. Actually if he goes with me and camps for the 42" HDtv for $200 I may just give him the game to keep, since I don't even like the AC series. I would only be buying it to flip back to BB(assuming the tiv doesn't tank, which it should during BF week) to lessen my out of pocket expense for the other two games.

I used mine yesterday... 2 Halo Anniversary + 1 Mario Land 3D. Plan to trade one Halo Anniversary right away when TIV posts for $31.50 (TIV = $21 x 40% promo + 10% unlocked).

bread's done
Back