Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Well if they effed it up, it probably wont be fixed easily since (IIRC) the coupon had an expiration date on it...like there are people out there who would say no to free stuffs

Found my receipt...I guess I will stop sometime this week to see if I can get my RZ fixed. What 3 #39.99 games would I want....HALO:CE and 2 others.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']trade ya a Batman Beyond costume code for Arkham City for one of the B2G1 coupons.[/QUOTE]

A PM would've sufficed, but no thanks man.

Hopefully these coupons will show up to my house soon(my Unlocked issue FINALLY got fixed recently), as I'd love to get the Uncharted 3 LE guide for $15 since it looks really cool.

But knowing my luck these will show up on December 23rd during the middle of a blizzard here in the northeast and I won't wanna trudge out in the snow to use even that single coupon.

I only really want the guide coupon since I have many of the recent releases and I'm set for games to play for a long time to come, so I definitely do NOT need the B2G1 ones at all.

I'd trade something of reasonably similar value(Fallout New Vegas DLC codes, for example) for just that coupon.

I'd be happy for my Unlocked status just to work properly across all BB's, not just my home store; getting these phantom coupons would be like an early X-mas present! I've probably lost at least $30 up until now by not having that 10% trade in bump.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully these coupons will show up to my house soon(my Unlocked issue FINALLY got fixed recently), as I'd love to get the Uncharted 3 LE guide for $15 since it looks really cool.

But knowing my luck these will show up on December 23rd during the middle of a blizzard here in the northeast and I won't wanna trudge out in the snow to use even that single coupon.

I would say I'd offer 1-2 of the @Gamer coupons in trade for just that guide coupon, but I don't think anyone here would take that offer. Besides which I don't know if trading coupons is allowed here. I know selling them is NOT.[/QUOTE]

So you finally got your magazines? I'm still waiting on mine and I signed up day one.

[quote name='rey6eric']So you finally got your magazines? I'm still waiting on mine and I signed up day one.[/QUOTE]
I signed up back in July but they were woefully slow in getting my magazines to me originally, so I was having them scan the in-store copies when there was a sale I wanted to stack a coupon with.

But then I realized I wasn't 'unlocked' in the system due to them failing to scan that Gamer's Club Unlocked pamphlet in conjunction with that coupon and my RZ card. Unfortunately I handed over the coupon to unlock my GC the first time they tried it. Luckily I held onto my receipts from the first(and second and third and fourth) time(s) that they tried to get it to unlock.

Eventually I just had to go to the BB forums and they had to go into my account and unlock it from there.

As of now I do show up in as unlocked in the system at my closest store and on the RZ site, so I'm hoping that means I'm good to go across the chain now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I signed up back in July but they were woefully slow in getting my magazines to me originally, so I was having them scan the in-store copies when there was a sale I wanted to stack a coupon with.

But then I realized I wasn't 'unlocked' in the system due to them failing to scan that Gamer's Club Unlocked pamphlet in conjunction with that coupon and my RZ card. Unfortunately I handed over the coupon to unlock my GC the first time they tried it. Luckily I held onto my receipts from the first(and second and third and fourth) time(s) that they tried to get it to unlock.

Eventually I just had to go to the BB forums and they had to go into my account and unlock it from there.

As of now I do show up in as unlocked in the system at my closest store and on the RZ site, so I'm hoping that means I'm good to go across the chain now.[/QUOTE]

The good news for me was that I got a very knowledgable, yet annoying, employee to sign me up in September. I show up as unlocked just fine but I still haven't received my first magazine. According to the magazine's website I'm set to receive 10 issues starting this month. I'm still waiting even after all the good deals have passed.

I guess I can't complain though because I have traded in a lot with their ridiculous promos and my extra 10% has more than paid off the $15 for the subscription.

Got my first magazine today... still no sign of the coupons. Signed up in September, didn't actually get unlocked properly until early october.

I'd like to see this in my mailbox soon because I already plan on getting Mario 3DS and Halo Anniversary next week and I've been thinking about getting Star Fox 3DS as well. Helps out that I have $50-ish in BBY credit. Getting all 3 for $30 - $40 would be awesome.

just wondering if anyone else is considering using the B2G1 with a preorder (not sure if it'd work). I'd like to get 3 copies of UMvC3 (2 PS3 1 360), but only if I can pre-order one copy for each system (to get dlc)

Other than all the free money BBY have donated to me recently, I really am frustrated with just about every aspect of doing business with BBY. Finally got the unlocked last night, but I can guarantee I'll never see these coupons, or the double points I was supposed to get for all the game purchases in the last 30 days.

I received the coupons today next week im going to pick up halo anniversary, umvc3, and cant decide on the free third game.

[quote name='stoned99']Other than all the free money BBY have donated to me recently, I really am frustrated with just about every aspect of doing business with BBY. Finally got the unlocked last night, but I can guarantee I'll never see these coupons, or the double points I was supposed to get for all the game purchases in the last 30 days.[/QUOTE]you could just pm mike on the forums page & get the points credited once your account is reviewed.

[quote name='ratedpg131987']Has anybody called best buy to try and see whats up with this coupon. Are all unlocked members getting or only a special few. Whats the deal[/QUOTE]

I think everyone is suppose to receive them. I still haven't received a magazine yet, and I signed up in the beginning of September. This packet was a welcoming package to the unlocked club.

[quote name='jdb230']I think everyone is suppose to receive them. I still haven't received a magazine yet, and I signed up in the beginning of September. This packet was a welcoming package to the unlocked club.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but not everybody seems to be getting them. There has to be something to it beside the obvious.

[quote name='KtMack23']Will the 50% off of strategy guides work with the collectors edition version?[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hopin. Skyrim CE Guide will be $20 off with this coupon.

I woke up to an email from Best Buy today, noting that I was finally registered as an "Unlocked" member after all of my hassle. With any luck, maybe I'll receive these coupons soon...

just got mine in the mail today, along with my first gamer mag... woohoo!

I'll probably pick up:

umvc3, SSF3: AE and rune factory??
or should I go with
skyrim/mw3/r3?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shivan128']just got mine in the mail today, along with my first gamer mag... woohoo![/QUOTE]

I haven't received any coupons but I did finally get my game, is there some kind of thread where we can give the coupons away if we are not going to use them?

EDIT: I meant coupons from the mag.

[quote name='shivan128']just got mine in the mail today, along with my first gamer mag... woohoo!

I'll probably pick up:

umvc3, SSF3: AE and rune factory??
or should I go with
skyrim/mw3/r3?[/QUOTE]

read the coupon?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I woke up to an email from Best Buy today, noting that I was finally registered as an "Unlocked" member after all of my hassle. With any luck, maybe I'll receive these coupons soon...[/QUOTE]

After reading this I checked my e-mail and sure enough I was also notified. Used my Unlocked coupon about a month ago so it's about time. Guy there remembers that I signed up for it so he doesn't give me a hard time about it.

Now if only they could do something about their system needing my telephone number 10 times during a trade-in

[quote name='jdb230']read the coupon?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing that out!! Looks like the question was already answered before I knew it!:applause:

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']BTW, you can use the B2G1 coupon on 3x $60 games and it'll deduct $40 off your total. It's a $40 discount max, but it doesn't care what you buy.

Also, definitely looks like generic SKU so this might be interesting...

I need my store to get a copy of Rune Factory in >.< Maybe I'll do a ship-to-store and a return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. looks like i can get MGS collection now :)

oh wait i didn't get the coupons in the mail yet :rofl:

I still didn't get these #%(%in' coupons and I signed up for the magazine about 3 months BEFORE they started doing the Gamer's Club Unlocked thing in conjunction with it.:bomb:

I already have someone offering me the 50% off guide coupon, but I think I'm gonna wait and see if these show up for me in the mail for a bit longer.

I got these coupons the other day. Noticed the $39.99 thing right away and got less excited. Nice to see it doesn't expire until 12/31. I'm sure we'll get some interesting deals between now and then to apply this coupon to. :)

still waiting for coupon and this month's magazine.

I signed up for the gamers' unlock and subscribe to the 1 year magazine around the same time when they had the $15 God of War Origins Collection. Has anybody signed up around that time gotten the magazine?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']BTW, you can use the B2G1 coupon on 3x $60 games and it'll deduct $40 off your total. It's a $40 discount max, but it doesn't care what you buy.[/QUOTE]

How does the 40 come off? What I mean is, does the $40 come off the total price, or does it come off the lowest price game?

In other words, if I pick-up two $60 games and one $50 game, does the $40 come off the $170, or off the $50? If its off the $170, then stacking with @gamer coupons will be VERY interesting. But if it comes off the lowest price game, then not so much.

Hell if I know :p

Use 3x Sonic Gen coupon to knock them all down to $40 then use the B2G1 on that to bring them to $26.66 each?

I'll try when I'm in there today and report back I guess.

Does the B2G1 used coupon work online? If so, anybody who received these coupons but isn't interested in using it, I'll be more than happy to take it.

Toys R Us is doing a $10 GC with Halo Anniversary... My Best Buy is usually pretty awesome at price matching those... mind is already racing about picking up Halo CEA, and another game, getting a third game for free and getting a $10 gift card for Halo...

Or getting two copies of Halo CEA with two $10 gift cards and getting a third game for free.

:drool: I know it's a long shot but I can dream dammit!

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Does the B2G1 used coupon work online? If so, anybody who received these coupons but isn't interested in using it, I'll be more than happy to take it.[/QUOTE]

It does not.

Yeah... after messing around w/ the coupons, they don't work like I was told.

So, once again YMMV on them allowing @Gamer to stack with it.

System definitely isn't letting it go through w/o an override. Tried w/ 3x Sonic and no go.

Same w/ the over $39.99 games. It's not working anymore.

bread's done
Back