Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Better to just save it given it expires 12/31. It does work on sale prices so it might be better to stack during BF week or something.

Plus you don't know if the BBY B2G1 rumor will be true or not (or when).

If someone would be so kind could you possibly post the SKU's of the coupons? I haven't received mine and I'd like to take advantage of getting the skyrim guide tomorrow.

Please don't post the SKUs in this thread.

If you're looking for them and have some proof that you're actually in GCU, then PM me and I'll hook you up.

But posting the SKUs in a public thread is a pretty dumb thing to do.

[quote name='argyle']Got my coupons today - I plan on using that 1/2 off strategy guide coupon to grab the Skyward Sword CE guide. :)[/QUOTE]
Too bad they wouldn't let me use it twice whenever I get mine, since I kinda want both the Uncharted 3 LE one and maybe the RDR GOTY edition one. Mike from the BB forums is looking into why some of us still haven't received our welcome packets with coupons as of yet. So hopefully that will expedite these to those of us who haven't received them yet.

This coupon will be quite hot w/ their Black Friday sale. Here's hoping customer service can fix my lack of Unlocked showing up and get me this mailer asap (doubtful).

Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 3, and Gears 3 for $65 + tax would be pretty hot, though.

What is Best Buy's Black Friday sale?

I got my coupon yesterday. I think I'll hold off on picking up my Skyrim pre-order today and get it on Tuesday along with halo CE Anniversary and get Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for a freebie

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Toys R Us is doing a $10 GC with Halo Anniversary... My Best Buy is usually pretty awesome at price matching those... mind is already racing about picking up Halo CEA, and another game, getting a third game for free and getting a $10 gift card for Halo...

Or getting two copies of Halo CEA with two $10 gift cards and getting a third game for free.

:drool: I know it's a long shot but I can dream dammit![/QUOTE]even worse too bad BB's $10 credit with Halo won't stack with the $10 GC price match
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293553

[quote name='joshnorm']Well I still hope I get this since I want to get Ultimate MvC3 and Halo CE and then something else....damn.[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='onyzukae']Im RZ member . but i didnt pay anything for that...

Do i have to pay 15box for unlocked?

Thanks[/QUOTE]that would be correct
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Just for clarification, the 50% strategy guide coupon is only available through the mail? Or is it in the current issue of @Gamer at the store?

[quote name='eatntae']Just for clarification, the 50% strategy guide coupon is only available through the mail? Or is it in the current issue of @Gamer at the store?[/QUOTE]
I wish. I woulda bought a couple of guides by now if it was in the mag.:cry:
[quote name='SeanTM22']Will the B2G1 coupon work on the black friday prices? If i can get RAGE, Deus Ex and AssCreed/NFS:R for $60[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately mattcube never posted the T&C for these coupons from the back where the barcode is. But if they DO work on the BF prices, then I may have to go and brave the crowds that day.;)

GCU.png

Speculate all you want. If you know your local employees, you can most likely get them to override any sales issues, etc...

There is no verbage whatsoever on the actual coupons that prevents it from working.

i bought my gamer magazine six months ago for $15... i signed up for RZ member's card when i subscribed the gamer magazine. how do i unlock GZ Unlocked?? someone please help me

Well, looking at the verbiage of the coupons, it doesn't seem to have anything that would specifically exclude them from BF use. I was planning on using the coupon on 3 Halo CE's for my buddies and I (OK, assuming I actually get the damn coupons), but I might be better off using K-Mart's BOGO 50% deal next week for 2 copies for $60+tax, then using the BB coupons on some of the sale games on BF.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but this all hinges on the fact that I GET THE DAMN COUPONS!

What's the qualification to getting these four coupons? Do they come with the November issue of the magazine? I would LOVE to use the coupon on the Skyrim Collector's guide. I'm part of the GCU.

[quote name='sgaldis']Well, looking at the verbiage of the coupons, it doesn't seem to have anything that would specifically exclude them from BF use. I was planning on using the coupon on 3 Halo CE's for my buddies and I (OK, assuming I actually get the damn coupons), but I might be better off using K-Mart's BOGO 50% deal next week for 2 copies for $60+tax, then using the BB coupons on some of the sale games on BF.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but this all hinges on the fact that I GET THE DAMN COUPONS![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm looking at using the coupon on BF. It just came in a promo envelope this week. Should arrive soon for everyone getting their magazines. Hell it took forever for me to get this month's issue, and I normally got it on time before.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Yeah, I'm looking at using the coupon on BF. It just came in a promo envelope this week. Should arrive soon for everyone getting their magazines. Hell it took forever for me to get this month's issue, and I normally got it on time before.[/QUOTE]

So it doesn't come with the magazine? I just wanted to know that mostly, because my magazine came already but no coupons for those.

[quote name='karyadi']So it doesn't come with the magazine? I just wanted to know that mostly, because my magazine came already but no coupons for those.[/QUOTE]
No, the coupons don't come with the magazine. The come in RZGC Unlocked welcome packet that included your Unlocked stickers.

got mine today, i'll probably use the b2g1 and half off strat guide ones.

[quote name='klimb22']No, the coupons don't come with the magazine. The come in RZGC Unlocked welcome packet that included your Unlocked stickers.[/QUOTE]

What did you put your stickers on.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Yeah, I'm looking at using the coupon on BF. It just came in a promo envelope this week. Should arrive soon for everyone getting their magazines. Hell it took forever for me to get this month's issue, and I normally got it on time before.[/QUOTE]

My concern is that the games might fly off the shelf. In order to find 3 we'd want, we may have to camp out. I'm not sure that's worth it to me.

[quote name='onyzukae']i bought my gamer magazine six months ago for $15... i signed up for RZ member's card when i subscribed the gamer magazine. how do i unlock GZ Unlocked?? someone please help me[/QUOTE]if you didn't get/redeem the free unlocked coupon in your sept issue you may need to pay $15 again to become unlocked. I was a subscriber since last fall & still had to use the coupon to become unlocked.

If there's others in the same boat as you I'd suggest opening another RZ account, then getting the 2nd sub so at least you can make out with 2 sets of coupons when needed & sell some popular ones that you'd want to use also to defer the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klimb22']No, the coupons don't come with the magazine. The come in RZGC Unlocked welcome packet that included your Unlocked stickers.[/QUOTE]

I got my November issue of @Gamer but still haven't received the welcome packet.

I signed up for the Unlocked crap back in September.

i got 3 @gamer mags yesterday. i guess when i was having trouble getting unlocked status to show up they gave me 3 subscriptions on accident... hopefully i get 3x the coupons too.

[quote name='Velo214']i got 3 @gamer mags yesterday. i guess when i was having trouble getting unlocked status to show up they gave me 3 subscriptions on accident... hopefully i get 3x the coupons too.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday? Wasn't it Veteran's Day? :D

oh yeah it was veteran's day ;)
i get mail at my work and at my house, so when i went to work to pick up my mail i totally forgot yesterday was veteran's day. i platted cars 2 and it just sat in the mailbox for 24hours (thanx gamefly, doh) but they had 2 @gamer mags for me.

and nope i mean 3 magazines actually. haha. 1 says rob, 1 says robert, and the one delivered at my house says Mina. that's probly why they had so much trouble giving me unlocked status, i probly kept giving them different addresses/phone #'s, etc. omg

hopefully this isnt gonna hassle me too much with the 5 preorder $100 gc promo.

hopefully a great deal comes around where i can use 3x coupons, lol.
i was hoping this 50% strat guide coupon would arrive soon!

Hahaha nice. There are some good flips to use the coups on if you use ebay. Plan on putting a few of the coupons to good use tomorrow. I think I might use the 50% off guide to flip a Skyrim CE guide to ebay too.

I finally got my account unlocked (after signing up the 1st week it was available). Based onthe Best Buy forums, they said they send out the WELCOME PACKETS in bulk, so I doubt I will get the coupons. Upsetting since I wanted Halo CE.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Would the B2G1 free work on BF?[/QUOTE]

oh didn't even think of that. though it'll be a pain trying so will stick to 2 umvc3 and either another one of halo. I pre-ordered 2 so if they give me any problems, I'll just pickup my pre-orders to get the dlc and return them later. Then go to a different store and use the coupon

I haven't seen any Skyrim CE guides in store.

I was surprised to get my welcome packet with coupons today. I didn't sign up until mid October for the Ico coupon. Not getting the magazine until December, but none of Nov coupons interested me too much anyway.

[quote name='Enuf']if you didn't get/redeem the free unlocked coupon in your sept issue you may need to pay $15 again to become unlocked. I was a subscriber since last fall & still had to use the coupon to become unlocked.

If there's others in the same boat as you I'd suggest opening another RZ account, then getting the 2nd sub so at least you can make out with 2 sets of coupons when needed & sell some popular ones that you'd want to use also to defer the cost.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

so..i have to pay 15box for B2G1..

I signed up for unlocked on October 1. I still have yet to get any magazine. I wasn't even given one when I signed up for it. I went to Best Buy today with my receipt for the purchase of the unlocked program, hoping I could be given this months magazine. I've been to four different Best Buy's this week, and finally found a copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY. I took it up to customer service, alone with the magazine, and after a literal half-an-hour, they refused to give me the magazine, and the coupon for the game.

They told me to wait until next month, saying that it takes two months for the magazine service to finally ship out. Why did I pay in advance for something that would take months to finally start? Plus, they have my address, as I've been a reward zone member for years, and actually received the coupons this very thread is posting about. They have my address. I even showed the service people my unlocked sticker on my Reward Zone card.

Is there any way I can get this months magazine? They told me to buy it for $5, but I can't be wrong, right? I am supposed to be able to get it since I've been a member for a month now?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I signed up for unlocked on October 1. I still have yet to get any magazine. I wasn't even given one when I signed up for it. I went to Best Buy today with my receipt for the purchase of the unlocked program, hoping I could be given this months magazine. I've been to four different Best Buy's this week, and finally found a copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY. I took it up to customer service, alone with the magazine, and after a literal half-an-hour, they refused to give me the magazine, and the coupon for the game.

They told me to wait until next month, saying that it takes two months for the magazine service to finally ship out. Why did I pay in advance for something that would take months to finally start? Plus, they have my address, as I've been a reward zone member for years, and actually received the coupons this very thread is posting about. They have my address. I even showed the service people my unlocked sticker on my Reward Zone card.

Is there any way I can get this months magazine? They told me to buy it for $5, but I can't be wrong, right? I am supposed to be able to get it since I've been a member for a month now?[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong, but already wasted half hour.
Perhaps go back at a different part of the day (different staff), ask for the gaming supervisor and tell him/her what you are seeking/entitled to.
I had to pick up two after the free copy with my receipt and it did take at least 10 min each time.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Would the B2G1 free work on BF[/QUOTE]there's no restrictions

[quote name='onyzukae']Thank you!

so..i have to pay 15box for B2G1..[/QUOTE]well technically if you open a 2nd RZ account +unlocked you'll get these type of deals 2X so when there's a really good deal you want but were limited b/c of 1 coupon your no longer limited. 2X b2g1 is better than 1.

If anybody has already used there coupon and they didn't take it can someone with the coupon put up a scan of their coupon so hopefully we can see if they have matching sku's of if it's all different. I'm dying for this coupon please help a cheapa$$gamer out

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Anybody try combining coupons (ala B2G1 & $10 off Batman AA)? Was thinking of getting Batman AA, and x2 Assassin's Creed Bro'hood.[/QUOTE]

wow, it just might work as you will scan 3 games...I would scan the buy 2 get 1 first...

let us know!

[quote name='ratedpg131987']If anybody has already used there coupon and they didn't take it can someone with the coupon put up a scan of their coupon so hopefully we can see if they have matching sku's of if it's all different. I'm dying for this coupon please help a cheapa$$gamer out[/QUOTE]

We're not allowed to post coupon scans, and even so...

The B2G1 coupon from the Unlocked package worked unexpectedly for me. I'm not sure why, but i bought 2 Assassin's Creed BH CE for $24.99 each and Yakuza 4 for $29.99. Yakuza was free. Maybe it took the regular price of AC at 99.99 when it calculated? If so, I wish i would have known ahead of time =]

[quote name='ratedpg131987']can someone with the coupon put up a scan of their coupon [/QUOTE]

[quote name='skateraXVIII']We're not allowed to post coupon scans, and even so...[/QUOTE]

That, and the coupons have copy protection "VOID" watermarks all over them. The watermarks are not visible until you copy or scan the coupon.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']We're not allowed to post coupon scans, and even so...[/QUOTE]

^this^ but maybe if someone is going to use it today, they could write down the number, and the post that after returning home...
but I think they are unique....

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']That, and the coupons have copy protection "VOID" watermarks all over them. The watermarks are not visible until you copy or scan the coupon.[/QUOTE]

ahh, very informative grasshopper....

heck if you could count on getting the packet after signing up... BBuy could sign up a bunch of new members...

Interesting news.

I got them to PM AC:R down to 39.96, and I bought Mario 3D Land and UMvC3 in the same transaction. Coupon worked, got AC:R for free.

Enjoy :)

This is also good news for it working on BF.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Interesting news.

I got them to PM AC:R down to 39.96, and I bought Mario 3D Land and UMvC3 in the same transaction. Coupon worked, got AC:R for free.

Enjoy :)

This is also good news for it working on BF.[/QUOTE]

wow the coupon worked with a PM in the same transaction? heck of a deal.

bread's done
Back