Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. I kept a keen eye on my mailbox after reading this thread and was awarded today with a 50% off CE of the Skyrim strategy guide!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yep. I plan on using the B2G1(if I get it before then) on 3 of the BF deal titles, since then it'll be like getting each for $20. So far I've decided on AC: R and Deus Ex, but I have yet to decide on a third title to use as of now. I'll probably end up selling AC: R to my one buddy to play through since he's played all of the prior games in the series. Actually if he goes with me and camps for the 42" HDtv for $200 I may just give him the game to keep, since I don't even like the AC series. I would only be buying it to flip back to BB(assuming the tiv doesn't tank, which it should during BF week) to lessen my out of pocket expense for the other two games.[/QUOTE]

Well as a suggestion you can pick Halo: CEA as your 3rd title and mail that to me since I'll play through it for you ;)

Getting worried here, still no welcome packet. Not sure where to check for sure if I am receiving this. Would customer service know anything about this? Or is PrinnyOtaku still willing to help out if you show RZ Unlocked proof?

[quote name='karyadi']Getting worried here, still no welcome packet. Not sure where to check for sure if I am receiving this. Would customer service know anything about this? Or is PrinnyOtaku still willing to help out if you show RZ Unlocked proof?[/QUOTE]

the infamous Mike on BBY customer service forums has said they are sending them out in batches...so if you dont get it by the time they expire, I'd expect that's when those of us (me included) who dont get them can raise some complaints about it...at least thats what i have planned to do

Keep an eye on the register when they're ringing up the 50% off guide coupon, as I think it only took the Uncharted 3 hardcover version of the guide down to $17.50 the other day when they did a transaction(and then voided it) to see if it would take the 50% off discount on TWO guides(it doesn't).

The Uncharted 3 LE guide is $29.99 before tax, so the total SHOULD have been $14.99.

If you're a gamers club unlocked member, all you would need is the sku. That could help out the situation for those that don't have their coupons yet. These coupons don't work of you're not unlocked. I have a friend who works at BB who got a customer that tried to use the Buy two get one free on pre-owned games, but it wouldn't allow him to use it because he wasn't unlocked. Apparently he got it from a friend who was unlocked. Go figure.

I got the coupons but I can't find it anywhere in my apartment. I bet my wife just throw it away. But she said she can't remember kit she did it or not. Do u guys think if bby can resend one.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']If you're a gamers club unlocked member, all you would need is the sku. That could help out the situation for those that don't have their coupons yet. These coupons don't work of you're not unlocked. I have a friend who works at BB who got a customer that tried to use the Buy two get one free on pre-owned games, but it wouldn't allow him to use it because he wasn't unlocked. Apparently he got it from a friend who was unlocked. Go figure.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone shed light on the sku #'s we need to use?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']The sku is on the back of the coupon. It's a 7 digit number.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone who already got their Unlocked Packets share those sku#'s to us who haven't received them yet?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Can anyone shed light on the sku #'s we need to use?[/QUOTE]
If the SKU's happen to be unique and someone shares theirs, then they go to try and use their coupons and are told they've already been redeemed, then will you send them yours once you get them?;)

I've heard conflicting reports from BB employees that the SKU's ARE unique while other times I've heard they're some universal one like the Gamer's Club Unlocked coupon SKU.

I personally don't wanna take a chance on it being unique and being fucked outta my chance to use my coupons. Patience Daniel-san. It took for-fuckin-ever for me to get mine, so yours are probably in the pipeline now.

From what I know, they're not unique. But the best way to confirm is to compare two coupons that you're not gonna use...like the digital purchase one. I don't think too many people are gonna use that. So if two people still have that and don't want to use it, we can compare those.

Considering it's only 10% off a digital purchase, I likely will never use that one myself.:razz: Now if it were $10 off a digital purchase, I'd try to argue that PSN cards are digital purchases(think they're actually considered gift cards) and get a $10 card FREE.;)

It's not even a SKU this time, it's a UPC. They aren't unique, but given how glitchy these things are right now (abuse-able), I'm hesitant to just PM people these right now.

If you're looking for them to use during BF though, I can most likely help you out. With all the "issues" surrounding these coupons right now, I suggest people to not post minute details about them that might raise a red flag.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's not even a SKU this time, it's a UPC. They aren't unique, but given how glitchy these things are right now (abuse-able), I'm hesitant to just PM people these right now.

If you're looking for them to use during BF though, I can most likely help you out.[/QUOTE]
You don't plan on using the B2G1 on new games on BF to get 3 of the $29.99-$34.99 titles for $60 total? That's my intention.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You don't plan on using the B2G1 on new games on BF to get 3 of the $29.99-$34.99 titles for $60 total? That's my intention.:D[/QUOTE]

I plan to do the same, RAGE, Ass. Creed, and Deus Ex

I mean I've already PM'ed several CAGs the SKU but in retrospect think it wasn't the best idea.

That is one way you can use the coupons on BF, yes. If it's next week and you guys still don't have the coupon, I'll hook you up no problems.

It's weird that it doesn't have a 7 digit sku. They put those on there in case their scanner is broken and they have to manually type it in.

I just want to get the Skyward Sword guide for half off.

[quote name='SeanTM22']I plan to do the same, RAGE, Ass. Creed, and Deus Ex[/QUOTE]
:applause:That's my exact group of games I plan on getting as well. I'm still debating if I wanna freeze my ass off to try n get one of the 42" $200 HDtv's or not since I did an asston of game trades today n have a buncha credit there now.

Used the B2G1 today to get UMvC3, Jurassic Park, and Super Mario 3D Land. The customer service desk told me I could even exchange for Mario Kart 7 when it comes out, so I'll go back to that store and hold them to it. I already bought SM3DL but I figured incase they don't do the exchange even though they said they would, it'd be the highest value one to try to sell.

Also 50% off strategy guide for the Ultimate Marvel 3 Guide. It's a huge, almost 600 page guide. $10 felt pretty fair for that.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I mean I've already PM'ed several CAGs the SKU but in retrospect think it wasn't the best idea.

That is one way you can use the coupons on BF, yes. If it's next week and you guys still don't have the coupon, I'll hook you up no problems.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, bookmarked :D

Posting the SKUs in a public forum so that anyone who isn't in GCU can use it when they're already glitched to shit... Great idea.

I really do hope you guys don't kill the damn coupons before they're supposed to expire.

Nope, you're wrong. I'm not gonna elaborate but trust me. I have a feeling BBY will kill this promotion straight up if they find anything fishy (and there is a lot that's fishy).

The SKU is already out there, people can do whatever the fuck they want with it. What's to stop someone from trying anyways, and then report back with "hey guys guess what!"

I'm not trying to be an ass, and I try to help CAGs out whenever I can but there are a lot of lurkers and such who will straight up ruin anything and everything that's good.

So before anything thinks to post stuff like this in the future, think about it first.

wait so there are sku's that can be entered to give the same discount/offer as one of these coupons (which may NOT have unquie upc/bar codes)?

can anyone elaborate :cool:? I received my coupon packet but would like to use the 50% off one several times since I saw good old guides. also if I can use the b2g1 coupon during BF, using it several times would be awesome!

sorry I didn't know what purpose people were looking for the SKUs. I only wanted to use it the once on the marvel guide.

Besides, how would you use just an SKU in the store? it's not like you can just hand the cashier a printed off barcode and have them use it.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wait so there are sku's that can be entered to give the same discount/offer as one of these coupons (which may NOT have unquie upc/bar codes)?

can anyone elaborate :cool:? I received my coupon packet but would like to use the 50% off one several times since I saw good old guides. also if I can use the b2g1 coupon during BF, using it several times would be awesome![/QUOTE]

Highly doubt the system will let you do that. Most people asking for the sku are gamer unlock members who still haven't gotten it, and would like to use it for next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up at around the same time as twinton, but still haven't received my welcome packet either. I called the gamer's magazine number, and was told that my subscription would start in december, since the order went in one the last week of october (wth, i signed up in early october!).

Have you received your magazine yet, twinton?

I signed up on 10/16 and got nothing this nice. I had to go to the store just to bum this month magazine cause they hadn't sent it. Sure would be nice to have with my $100GC. :/

Got mine today, not sure if I'm going to use any of the coupons or not though. That buy 2 new get one free might be good to use with Halo Anniversery but not sure what other two games I would get.

[quote name='mgford11']We can use this on games over $39, right? Zelda, UMC3, Halo + $10 Zelda GC?[/QUOTE]

$40 or under only.

[quote name='Vap']$40 or under only.[/QUOTE]I know that this is what the coupon technically says, but has anyone actually tried to use the B2G1 coupon on a purchase where one of the games is above $40?

[quote name='legendarydogs']Are we able to use this on BF?[/QUOTE]The idea is that we should be able to use the B2G1 coupon--there's no verbiage on the coupon(s) that says we can't, so you could argue as such when you give the coupon to the cashier, but we won't know for sure until then. But you can score some of the BF-sale items for a lower price overall if it works. :D

The B2G1 Pre-Owned coupon doesn't stack with anything whatsoever. Doesn't work with the 20% off this week, and doesn't even work w/ the GCU 10%.

GCU 10% also doesn't stack w/ the B2:20%off either. But... most of us knew that I guess. Damn GCU doesn't stack with any other offer which makes it completely useless.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The B2G1 Pre-Owned coupon doesn't stack with anything whatsoever. Doesn't work with the 20% off this week, and doesn't even work w/ the GCU 10%.

GCU 10% also doesn't stack w/ the B2:20%off either. But... most of us knew that I guess. Damn GCU doesn't stack with any other offer which makes it completely useless.[/QUOTE]

Someone should inquire about this on their forums since their @Gamer coupons stack with anything. It's part of the same service so I would think they would try to fix it and allow it to be stacked.

bread's done
Back