Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition Xbox One back in stock Microsoft Store

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have waited and waited for a month for this damn thing to come back in stock as I refresh the Microsoft page a dozen times daily. Right now the item is back in stock on the Microsoft store page for $59.99. I know it is not a deal as far as being below MSRP and it is only the box and pins and there is no physical disc (you still have to download the game), but eBay sellers are selling this for $120+ which I refuse to buy. I love this game and even have the fight stick and now I just bought this. If you want this, you better buy it now. It is the ONLY place you can buy this version and they do offer free shipping. I highly recommend getting this now.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and includes the first two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16, packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. Start your collection now!

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

I see the Pin box and the other box in the pic posted up, so is the other box (that looks like an xbone one) just a cardboard box to hold the other box and the code?
IMG_20131231_235420_zpsa7dbd14a.jpg

Hopefully this clears it up for you. There is the booklet for the pins pictured to the left and then the paper insert that wraps around the booklet pictured to the right. You don't get a physical size Xbox One case or anything. Inside the package you get from MS will be the two Killer Instinct pins. The game code is just a small paper insert in between the booklet.

My understanding is that this is the *only* way to get the first two pins, I would imagine that increases the "collectible" factor, given that one of the pins is the actual KI logo. Not sure if this is going to be going into the personal collection or resold down the line, I like the concept but spending $15 per pin isn't something I would feel good about doing with my money.

My understanding is that this is the *only* way to get the first two pins, I would imagine that increases the "collectible" factor, given that one of the pins is the actual KI logo. Not sure if this is going to be going into the personal collection or resold down the line, I like the concept but spending $15 per pin isn't something I would feel good about doing with my money.
I think one is an exclusive pin to the set but the other is sort of a freebie without having to complete the challenge. I passed on this, if it was a physical release I would have been all over it but ms.....

I picked this up a while ago since I'm addicted to these fucking pins, but just picked up an Xbone tonight. I also completed the challenge tonight to earn my first pin, what a pain in the ass that was, and it was only the first one...

Like the one poster pointed out, on eBay these sell for more than double and according to him...triple the MSRP. These were sold out on launch day and I could not find it at the Microsoft online or B&M stores. I searched religiously to see if one would ever reappear in a store or online and it was to no avail. After the holidays I was going to cave in and buy one on eBay as I was convinced these were completely gone. You need to buy this now if you are on the fence. This is not an item that is in large supply since no other retailer has a "physical" tangible item for the new Killer Instinct with the exception of that very expensive fighting stick and that art book/strategy guide. If you wait too long, you will lose out and then regret it.

Also....from what I have read online, you MUST register both codes in this Pin Set to qualify for the achievement pins. You cannot just decide to keep this and redeem the game code. Here is an article by Hardcore Gamer that suggests you get this now and ask questions later as they even mention how rare this thing is. If other outlets are bringing this item up for topic, it will sell out now.

en-INTL_L_Xbox_One_Killer_Instinct_Pin_Ult_Ed_FKF-00816_RM1_mnco-600x250.jpg

While Killer Instinct didn’t get an Xbox One retail release, it did get a limited edition of sorts available exclusively through the Microsoft Store. It was made available in extremely limited quantities and sold out quickly, leading to little discussion about the set after the fact. Since then, it’s only been available on reseller sites like eBay, easily fetching over a hundred dollars. Thankfully, the set is now back in stock at the Microsoft Store for its original MSRP of $59.99. The set gives the game a physical presence in your collection by including a pin folio and two Pinny Arcade Killer Instinct Pins (Jago and Killer). Each character will get its own pin that can be earned through community and in-game efforts. A download code for the full game is also included. There’s no word on how long this stock will last, so those interested would be advised to purchase now and ask questions later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the one poster pointed out, on eBay these sell for more than double and according to him...triple the MSRP. These were sold out on launch day and I could not find it at the Microsoft online or B&M stores. I searched religiously to see if one would ever reappear in a store or online and it was to no avail. After the holidays I was going to cave in and buy one on eBay as I was convinced these were completely gone. You need to buy this now if you are on the fence. This is not an item that is in large supply since no other retailer has a "physical" tangible item for the new Killer Instinct with the exception of that very expensive fighting stick and that art book/strategy guide. If you wait too long, you will lose out and then regret it.

Also....from what I have read online, you MUST register both codes in this Pin Set to qualify for the achievement pins. You cannot just decide to keep this and redeem the game code. Here is an article by Hardcore Gamer that suggests you get this now and ask questions later as they even mention how rare this thing is. If other outlets are bringing this item up for topic, it will sell out now.

en-INTL_L_Xbox_One_Killer_Instinct_Pin_Ult_Ed_FKF-00816_RM1_mnco-600x250.jpg

While Killer Instinct didn’t get an Xbox One retail release, it did get a limited edition of sorts available exclusively through the Microsoft Store. It was made available in extremely limited quantities and sold out quickly, leading to little discussion about the set after the fact. Since then, it’s only been available on reseller sites like eBay, easily fetching over a hundred dollars. Thankfully, the set is now back in stock at the Microsoft Store for its original MSRP of $59.99. The set gives the game a physical presence in your collection by including a pin folio and two Pinny Arcade Killer Instinct Pins (Jago and Killer). Each character will get its own pin that can be earned through community and in-game efforts. A download code for the full game is also included. There’s no word on how long this stock will last, so those interested would be advised to purchase now and ask questions later.
Pretty sure this is a reprint which means the original rarity that was part of the appeal of this thing is no longer a factor. If you have an interest in pins and wanted the game anyway, this is worth it, but otherwise save your money.

i was going to buy two but if the rarity factor is gone now and this isnt limited anymore, than i guess ill just stick with the one i ordered,

Pretty sure this is a reprint which means the original rarity that was part of the appeal of this thing is no longer a factor. If you have an interest in pins and wanted the game anyway, this is worth it, but otherwise save your money.
Yeah, it seems like it's gonna stick around this time around. I was curious but if it's not gonna be rare, then it seems like a bit too much money for a case, pin and digital content.

One of the devs from Double Helix said that the available units were diverted from B&M to the online store, but the total # created has not changed:

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/pin-ultimate-edition-owners-and-owners-to-be-news-and-spoilers-here.5954/

This is also confirmed to be the only way to obtain the KI logo and Jago pin, and although the exact number is not public, Gabe from Penny Arcade said that the overall # made was under 5k, and there would be only a single printing:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28173577/#Comment_28173577

And if you aren't familiar with Pinny Arcade Pins, they are part of a much larger effort by Penny Arcade to create a collectible akin to Disney Pins:

http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade

The pins are actually quite nice, not like most game convention type pins/buttons, which are usually cheap and flimsy. My initial reaction at PAX was the same as some people in this thread, but once I started collecting and trading, it quickly became an addiction, especially because there have already been quite a few limited edition pins that will no longer be made (PAX specific pins + LE pins sold through the website).

There's also a pin trading website that some in the community have created, if anyone is interested:

http://pinnypals.com/

One of the devs from Double Helix said that the available units were diverted from B&M to the online store, but the total # created has not changed:

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/pin-ultimate-edition-owners-and-owners-to-be-news-and-spoilers-here.5954/

This is also confirmed to be the only way to obtain the KI logo and Jago pin, and although the exact number is not public, Gabe from Penny Arcade said that the overall # made was under 5k, and there would be only a single printing:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28173577/#Comment_28173577

And if you aren't familiar with Pinny Arcade Pins, they are part of a much larger effort by Penny Arcade to create a collectible akin to Disney Pins:

http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade

The pins are actually quite nice, not like most game convention type pins/buttons, which are usually cheap and flimsy. My initial reaction at PAX was the same as some people in this thread, but once I started collecting and trading, it quickly became an addiction, especially because there have already been quite a few limited edition pins that will no longer be made (PAX specific pins + LE pins sold through the website).

There's also a pin trading website that some in the community have created, if anyone is interested:

http://pinnypals.com/
The diversion from stores would certainly explain why my copy came in and was immediately shipped back to their online warehouse. Lucky for me the manager had them ship a copy right back and I got mine two days later. Now if only I could actually get 4 wins in a row... (I made it up to 3 with a close 4th :()

The diversion from stores would certainly explain why my copy came in and was immediately shipped back to their online warehouse. Lucky for me the manager had them ship a copy right back and I got mine two days later. Now if only I could actually get 4 wins in a row... (I made it up to 3 with a close 4th :()
It took me quite awhile to get 4 wins. I had to go back to my old school street fighter cheese method.......Heavy sweeps, wake up throws, and a button mashing combo thrown in here and there.

Orchid has a good sliding combo starter, and a great sweep.....hahah

I don't either. If it had the physical game in the package, it would be more than worth it; but with just a digital voucher, this is just as worthless as the lame Ducktales voucher "retail release" (with pin) that Capcom put out.
Yeah, how much does it cost Microsoft to include a physical disc? If they did that, way more people would be willing to pay full msrp. Even Capcom realized people want an actual disc since they later released Ducktales disc versions on ps3, 360 and wii u.

Yeah, how much does it cost Microsoft to include a physical disc? If they did that, way more people would be willing to pay full msrp. Even Capcom realized people want an actual disc since they later released Ducktales disc versions on ps3, 360 and wii u.
There is no physical disc for KI, it is a digital only game. The MSRP for the Ultra edition of the game is $40, and then it is an additional $20 for the 2 LE pins and display case.

It would be hard to do a physical release for KI, considering the game isn't finished. I mean, I get wanting physical media, but think about it in this case ... you would be getting a partial release that would require connecting to the internet to update at some point in the future. That's a big difference from the Ducktales example. I can see a Season 1 disc-based release sometime late next year, but not before that. As it stands right now, the game itself will be a decent deal once they add the promised story mode and additional characters. The pins are just an added collectible bonus and it sounds like the pinnyarcade stuff has just been taking off in the past few months.

I think this stems far from being able to have a physical release or not, remember the xbone originally planned to try and move towards digital content but consumers didn't want to be a part of it. In the end we received what I'm going to guess what was originally planned for from the beginning. I took a survey a few weeks ago and a lot of the questions were revolving around micro-transactions and how I felt about them, the content, and my willingness to purchase. My guess is largely based on that and what was originally planned for the xbone, you have to remember these jerks are betting huge on DRM and micro-transactions.

It would be hard to do a physical release for KI, considering the game isn't finished. I mean, I get wanting physical media, but think about it in this case ... you would be getting a partial release that would require connecting to the internet to update at some point in the future. That's a big difference from the Ducktales example. I can see a Season 1 disc-based release sometime late next year, but not before that. As it stands right now, the game itself will be a decent deal once they add the promised story mode and additional characters. The pins are just an added collectible bonus and it sounds like the pinnyarcade stuff has just been taking off in the past few months.
Yes, that's perfectly understandable, as you would want the entire season 1 content. For the Pin Ultimate edition, wish Microsoft instead had an option like TellTale games, where you could buy the entire season digitally, and they also mail you a disc at the very end of the season. That would be preferable to buying the Ultra edition now ($40) and having to pay again to secure a physical disc version, assuming it's released later on.

Has anybody's KI Pin Ultimate Edition shipped yet? Mine still says in process. I have heard some pretty negative reviews about the Microsoft store like them taking way too long to ship stuff and randomly canceling orders.

Tried to buy this and spent another 40 mins of wasted time trying to figure out why my account was flagged as "Risk", this only makes the fourth time I tried to get this resolved.

Has anybody's KI Pin Ultimate Edition shipped yet? Mine still says in process. I have heard some pretty negative reviews about the Microsoft store like them taking way too long to ship stuff and randomly canceling orders.
Yup, received the UPS tracking number this morning at 7am PST. Ordered 12/31.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

4 ranked in a row? I dont like where this is going. Im decent at this game at best and got the Pin edition early, but 4 in a row aint that easy

4 ranked in a row? I dont like where this is going. Im decent at this game at best and got the Pin edition early, but 4 in a row aint that easy
Is it really that hard, though? The only thing that seems like it would make it hard is rage-quitters. 66% of my wins are rage-quitters. It's ridiculous. I've run upwards of 15 game win streaks and I haven't even taken my character into practice yet. I do know fundamentals in fighting games, however.

I wonder... if I were to log into someone's account and do the achievement for them, would that work? I could do that for a few people here.

I'm actually surprised that no one has yet brought up that the store is through Digital River...
Digital River probably sucks and has certainly had some well publicized snafus, but for me I've never had a problem with them across maybe a dozen orders from various sites (Microsoft, Namco, etc).

I know someone mentioned these were definitely limited, but the fact that it's stayed in stock for 3 days really has me questioning it.  

Regardless, mine shipped, but part of the value was in the fact that I was counting on it dissapearing right away :)  win some you lose some :)

Is it really that hard, though? The only thing that seems like it would make it hard is rage-quitters. 66% of my wins are rage-quitters. It's ridiculous. I've run upwards of 15 game win streaks and I haven't even taken my character into practice yet. I do know fundamentals in fighting games, however.

I wonder... if I were to log into someone's account and do the achievement for them, would that work? I could do that for a few people here.
Its just one of those things that I know I will always get to 3 and then bomb the 4th. I dont know how logging in would work...

I know someone mentioned these were definitely limited, but the fact that it's stayed in stock for 3 days really has me questioning it.

Regardless, mine shipped, but part of the value was in the fact that I was counting on it dissapearing right away :) win some you lose some :)
heres to hoping that either not a lot of people knew about it or since its been over a month and everyone who wanted it thought it was sold out for good. I mean even if you check on ebay for these things, theres not many listings. that has to say something about them being scarce.

I just bought this since i enjoy collecting stuff but then realized I have no idea how to get the pins.. How do you get the pins?

I just bought this since i enjoy collecting stuff but then realized I have no idea how to get the pins.. How do you get the pins?
Apparently 8 of them are going to be purchaseable (14.99 or something each)

And 8 are earnable , meaning you have to complete a challenge of some type, to get them. The first one is win 4 ranked matches in a row, which is what people are discussing here.

That's all I've heard so far.

Apparently 8 of them are going to be purchaseable (14.99 or something each)

And 8 are earnable , meaning you have to complete a challenge of some type, to get them. The first one is win 4 ranked matches in a row, which is what people are discussing here.

That's all I've heard so far.
Actually, according to the info that Penny Arcade released, both sets of pins are able to be purchased for $15 each. The benefit to completing the challenges is that the pin is free, but you still have to pay shipping and handling or pick it up in person at an event.

http://playxbla.com/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition-in-a-nutshell/

So the pins cost 15 dollars EACH? Holy crap, maybe i'll just stick to the basic set and leave it at that lol.
Yes, except for the 8 you can get in theory for just shipping and handling assuming you can complete all of the various challenges. Honestly, I don't really like the design of the initial two pins but maybe they will improve as the releases continue.

I'm personally a sucker for KI. I almost fucking cried when they announced the new one. It's been so long and it was such a big part of my childhood. DoubleHelix, against all odds, has done the series absolute justice and I'm having a blast with this new game.

I mostly bought the Pin Edition to support DH and KI, but I do enjoy having some physical collector's items... especially for a franchise I hold such love for. Hoping that once I collect all the pins it'll have some stupid value, lol.

Also, if anyone is absolutely stuck on the 4 wins in a row challenge and wants to try to see if someone can do it for them, hit me up. I can't think of a reason this wouldn't work, but I'd like to know if it's a viable option. I've got to imagine that there's a possibility that the challenges will get harder.

Yes, except for the 8 you can get in theory for just shipping and handling assuming you can complete all of the various challenges. Honestly, I don't really like the design of the initial two pins but maybe they will improve as the releases continue.
you don't like the design? both of them look exactly how theyre supposed to look. I mean its kinda hard to fuck up the killer instinct logo...

bread's done
Back