Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition Xbox One back in stock Microsoft Store

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have waited and waited for a month for this damn thing to come back in stock as I refresh the Microsoft page a dozen times daily. Right now the item is back in stock on the Microsoft store page for $59.99. I know it is not a deal as far as being below MSRP and it is only the box and pins and there is no physical disc (you still have to download the game), but eBay sellers are selling this for $120+ which I refuse to buy. I love this game and even have the fight stick and now I just bought this. If you want this, you better buy it now. It is the ONLY place you can buy this version and they do offer free shipping. I highly recommend getting this now.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and includes the first two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16, packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. Start your collection now!

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

I'm personally a sucker for KI. I almost fucking cried when they announced the new one. It's been so long and it was such a big part of my childhood. DoubleHelix, against all odds, has done the series absolute justice and I'm having a blast with this new game.

I mostly bought the Pin Edition to support DH and KI, but I do enjoy having some physical collector's items... especially for a franchise I hold such love for. Hoping that once I collect all the pins it'll have some stupid value, lol.

Also, if anyone is absolutely stuck on the 4 wins in a row challenge and wants to try to see if someone can do it for them, hit me up. I can't think of a reason this wouldn't work, but I'd like to know if it's a viable option. I've got to imagine that there's a possibility that the challenges will get harder.
Boosting ranked wins is tough because you are randomly matched. The bigger the pool of people playing the harder it is to find a specific person. I googled to see if people were going to try and boost for the challenge and there were people who tried to boost at a random time like at 4 AM and they didn't have any luck. The problem I have with winning ranked matches in a row is that typically more skilled people play ranked. I would say I am decent at DOA and can have my ups and downs in terms of playing people in ranked. Sometimes you will play really well and sometimes you will just get thrashed.

I don't think KI has a throwdown setting like DOA so you can't pick and choose who you accept challenges from.

Boosting ranked wins is tough because you are randomly matched. The bigger the pool of people playing the harder it is to find a specific person. I googled to see if people were going to try and boost for the challenge and there were people who tried to boost at a random time like at 4 AM and they didn't have any luck. The problem I have with winning ranked matches in a row is that typically more skilled people play ranked. I would say I am decent at DOA and can have my ups and downs in terms of playing people in ranked. Sometimes you will play really well and sometimes you will just get thrashed.

I don't think KI has a throwdown setting like DOA so you can't pick and choose who you accept challenges from.
I never said anything about boosting. I mean I would log into your account and do the challenge for you.

oh man, you can't pay for comedy this good.
Your desperate blanket responses are fooling no one. But by all means, keep trying to save face.

Last edited by a moderator:
That requires an awful lot of trust... :p
Yea, it does. I'm just offering if anyone is beating their head against a wall. I'll likely end up trying this for my friend. He's not so good at fighters and gets frustrated, but he bought the Pin Edition too.

I never said anything about boosting. I mean I would log into your account and do the challenge for you.

Your desperate blanket responses are fooling no one. But by all means, keep trying to save face.
No desperation holmes, I'm just enjoying your hilarious responses that further proves my point.

you don't like the design? both of them look exactly how theyre supposed to look. I mean its kinda hard to fuck up the killer instinct logo...
The "I" in the logo is too short and I don't like the finish on the logo pin. I also don't like the way they drew the face and other features on the character pin. So, IMHO they did screw up both pins.

hmmm ... probably for the best ... most likely won't keep this, as my desire to rage quit began to grow with every match last night ;)

... fighters have never been my strong suit ... then again, when I was younger it took me a little time to realize that being good at fighting games didn't really translate into any sort of real life skill, so I learned to accept my weakness. =P~

For all of those worried about too much stock, it is now sold out again. Rejoice in your limited collectibles!

image.png

Any chance at all of this being re-stocked?
I think so... at least for a few moments. With DR there are bound to be some logistic problems or issues that result in order cancellations---especially because you could order 20 at a time.

I'm sure you could also pick one up on eBay for less then a $100 once all the idiots start shortchanging eachother.

Are these even limited? Or are they going to continue pumping these things out until the demand has been met?

One of the devs from Double Helix said that the available units were diverted from B&M to the online store, but the total # created has not changed:

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/pin-ultimate-edition-owners-and-owners-to-be-news-and-spoilers-here.5954/

This is also confirmed to be the only way to obtain the KI logo and Jago pin, and although the exact number is not public, Gabe from Penny Arcade said that the overall # made was under 5k, and there would be only a single printing:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28173577/#Comment_28173577

And if you aren't familiar with Pinny Arcade Pins, they are part of a much larger effort by Penny Arcade to create a collectible akin to Disney Pins:

http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade

The pins are actually quite nice, not like most game convention type pins/buttons, which are usually cheap and flimsy. My initial reaction at PAX was the same as some people in this thread, but once I started collecting and trading, it quickly became an addiction, especially because there have already been quite a few limited edition pins that will no longer be made (PAX specific pins + LE pins sold through the website).

There's also a pin trading website that some in the community have created, if anyone is interested:

http://pinnypals.com/

Well I am glad that my post got many of  the CAG members this highly sought after collectible after all. I wanted this for my own personal collection, but when I read I had to open it up to redeem the code that links this edition to the pin program, I had to get another one just to keep sealed. I just wished there were not too many skeptics that sat on ordering this believing that it will never sell out and wait for a deal. I searched and waited for over a month just for an opportunity to get one of these and I could not pass when it was back in stock.

Well I am glad that my post got many of the CAG members this highly sought after collectible after all. I wanted this for my own personal collection, but when I read I had to open it up to redeem the code that links this edition to the pin program, I had to get another one just to keep sealed. I just wished there were not too many skeptics that sat on ordering this believing that it will never sell out and wait for a deal. I searched and waited for over a month just for an opportunity to get one of these and I could not pass when it was back in stock.
I'm the same way. I'm not one to sit around and say "Oh they'll keep producing it NOT A DEAL" on something I really want. I've been burned way too many times waiting around. Plus like I quoted above, it was even said that there will not be any more produced of this by Double Helix, so anyone that thinks this will hang around is gonna have a reality check if they actually want it for themselves.

You are right with everything you said. This is not an item that they would mass produce as it is only available at MS store (online or B&M) and not cost effective to do so. If it was available everywhere, I would agree that you could wait for a better deal. I have never really seen highly sought after items that are exclusive to a single retailer or distributor have a large surplus that can continue to be bought. They don't normally keep producing items like this.

Thank OP for making this thread its truly appreciated as I was very interested in buying the game, but didn't know this Ultimate Pin Edition even existed. Now I have something physical that can be displayed on my shelf from this game since it is most likely it wont get a retail release.  :D

Thank OP for making this thread its truly appreciated as I was very interested in buying the game, but didn't know this Ultimate Pin Edition even existed. Now I have something physical that can be displayed on my shelf from this game since it is most likely it wont get a retail release. :D
I don't know about that. Double Helix could pull off the crap Capcom does with Street Fighter and make a Killer Instinct Ultimate Hyper Arcade Edition version for Retail with more characters, costumes, and levels.

After 18 Years.  This game will be the most expensive game ever.  No hard copy & more DLC on the way for $60.  Hopefull the hard copy hit retailer in 2015 with all DLC includes ;)

I don't know about that. Double Helix could pull off the crap Capcom does with Street Fighter and make a Killer Instinct Ultimate Hyper Arcade Edition version for Retail with more characters, costumes, and levels.
The could also do a super duper ultimate edition that already comes with all the pins... or instead of making them acheivements they could sell them individually

The could also do a super duper ultimate edition that already comes with all the pins... or instead of making them acheivements they could sell them individually
They are selling all of them individually. You can buy each pin for $15. The advantage to actually earning the pin is that you just pay shipping and handling and they will waive the $15 fee.

They are selling all of them individually. You can buy each pin for $15. The advantage to actually earning the pin is that you just pay shipping and handling and they will waive the $15 fee.
^ Thanks I was not aware that they were available that way. Good to know.

This game is the only reason I want an Xbox one debating if I should buy it or not considering I do not own the system. stupid queston but can you ear the pins later down the road or do you have a time period to earn them to only pay for shipping?

This game is the only reason I want an Xbox one debating if I should buy it or not considering I do not own the system. stupid queston but can you ear the pins later down the road or do you have a time period to earn them to only pay for shipping?
Some of the pins are time contingent and so there is no way to get those for free after the time window closes.

Plus, if you want the first two pins, they're only available in this bundle ... 99% sure that was confirmed by the developers, as in these first two pins will not be available for purchase outside of the Pin Ultimate edition.

-edit-

Wow, just received mine tonight and the pins themselves are way bigger than I expected. For some reason, I was expecting relatively small pins, but these are larger and have nice detail. I had my doubts/regrets after initially placing the order, but the set is quite nice overall (although I still can't see paying $15 a pin ... that's just going to get way too expensive way too fast).

Anyone elses get delayed due to weather? Mine has no tracking estimate or date any longer.

Looking less and less likely I'll get that first pin

Anyone elses get delayed due to weather? Mine has no tracking estimate or date any longer.

Looking less and less likely I'll get that first pin
You have until the 17th, if you dont get the game by then you have bigger problems than just a pin

You guys can always buy the pin ... not ideal but it's $15 + shipping if you really, really want it and miss the challenge deadline

Was there any need for a 2 day bump just so you could say "ok?" lol?

On a side note, I think Microsoft really wants me to buy this first pin

Oh good, was waiting for someone else to bump it. Maybe this should go into Deal Talk? Trying to get the Combo Breaker pin and these people are ruthless online. I can get 1 win from a same level as me, then I'm matched with a rank 8. There should be a bracket. It definitely brings back memories of throwing my SNES controller but maybe I'm just not as good as I thought.

Oh and they're back in stock. Can add 29 to cart, didn't try to checkout.

Oh good, was waiting for someone else to bump it. Maybe this should go into Deal Talk? Trying to get the Combo Breaker pin and these people are ruthless online. I can get 1 win from a same level as me, then I'm matched with a rank 8. There should be a bracket. It definitely brings back memories of throwing my SNES controller but maybe I'm just not as good as I thought.

Damn, was hoping people would be easy online. Hoping I didnt have to resort to cheapness when I finally get the game

Guess its just luck then. My copy should be arriving tomorrow, hopefully I'll have a new console by Monday or I might have to use my cousins

Yeah, honestly I gave up on trying to get the pin ... This game makes me rage like no other, I don't know why but this feels harder to break a combo in and there were a few times I literally wanted to throw my controller, which is rare for me ..

It was easy for me.

Got it in 30minutes with Orchid.

30 minutes? Why so long bro?

It only took me about 10mins using Sabrewolf to get a 4-win streak. Perfect character to spam combo breaker by mashing buttons and countering :D

Was there any need for a 2 day bump just so you could say "ok?" lol?

On a side note, I think Microsoft really wants me to buy this first pin <_<. Now my Xbox One is giving me the black screen of death and I have to get it replaced.
no one cares about your side note...

bread's done
Back