Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition Xbox One back in stock Microsoft Store

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have waited and waited for a month for this damn thing to come back in stock as I refresh the Microsoft page a dozen times daily. Right now the item is back in stock on the Microsoft store page for $59.99. I know it is not a deal as far as being below MSRP and it is only the box and pins and there is no physical disc (you still have to download the game), but eBay sellers are selling this for $120+ which I refuse to buy. I love this game and even have the fight stick and now I just bought this. If you want this, you better buy it now. It is the ONLY place you can buy this version and they do offer free shipping. I highly recommend getting this now.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and includes the first two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16, packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. Start your collection now!

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

Man ... some of the people on here lately ... Cheapy needs to recruit more Mods because the social aspect of this site has been on the decline for a few months now ... Just saying.

New jacks thinking we care about what he says.  *sigh*

Got both of my copies in, and got my achievement already too.  Wasn't really too hard with saberwolf.  Just curious now as to what the rest will be.

So curious if they will give us a new character when they ship the challenge ones (making it worth paying for shipping)
So we are unsure if you get the Challenge if you still have to pay for the new character? (Or is that already known).

Either way got mine in today and am currently downloading it. Was way bigger than I expected, as were the pins

So we are unsure if you get the Challenge if you still have to pay for the new character? (Or is that already known).

Either way got mine in today and am currently downloading it. Was way bigger than I expected, as were the pins
Pretty sure the devs have confirmed that only the challenge pins will be free with shipping, everything I've read online has been clear about the character pins requiring $15 plus shipping. It would be an awesome bonus to receive all the pins free if you complete the challenges, but I have a feeling that getting the go-ahead from Microsoft to produce this edition in the first place required a certain amount of ongoing profitability and not an ongoing loss by shipping out tons of free pins.

Character pins have to be bought.  The first one is Sabrewulf.  Hopefully we can buy the Sabrewulf pin at the same time our Combo Breaker pin is available to purchase/order-for-free in order to only have to pay for shipping once between the two pins.

If Season Two exists, I hope they do a Pin Ultimate Edition for it as well.  I want my T.J. Combo!

Ah ok thanks. I just hope the Challenge pins dont become insanely hard to get, or require you to go to conventions or something.

They look nice, so I could still see myself paying 15$ for the Character ones. I have paid more for stupider stuff

Ah ok thanks. I just hope the Challenge pins dont become insanely hard to get, or require you to go to conventions or something.

They look nice, so I could still see myself paying 15$ for the Character ones. I have paid more for stupider stuff
I would be made if it required you to go to conventions.

So do we get an email after the challenge is over?

Actually, unfortunately I recall reading that at least one or two of the pins will require picking them up at the PAX conventions ... which sucks, but you can buy them for $15 if you can't attend, which also sucks because you can get them free if you're already going. I like the idea of this whole thing, but it's beginning to look like quite a bit of unnecessary work imo.

I agree, but (for me) at least I don't mind chasing these pins if they are all made readily available for us to buy as opposed to more obsessed collecting of "chase variant" Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures. I am sure that once we complete this pin collection, it will only go up in value or at least I am hoping it does. For all this work of getting the Pin collection and the fight stick, I am still not sure I will do very well in the challenges. As I get older, I seem to become more of a button masher as I don't have the time or patience to learn move sets and abilities with all of the fighting games.

I agree, but (for me) at least I don't mind chasing these pins if they are all made readily available for us to buy as opposed to more obsessed collecting of "chase variant" Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures. I am sure that once we complete this pin collection, it will only go up in value or at least I am hoping it does. For all this work of getting the Pin collection and the fight stick, I am still not sure I will do very well in the challenges. As I get older, I seem to become more of a button masher as I don't have the time or patience to learn move sets and abilities with all of the fighting games.
I agree I used to be really good at this game best kid on my block and one of the top 5 people in the arcade and bowling alley downtown. Now I am lucky if I win more than 5 matches in a row.

This game feels easier to get into than Street Fighter or BlazBlue or something. But at the same times, it feels just as easy to catch an royal ass whooping.

I did all the basic challenges, now I'm probably gonna try to learn Orchid then delve into the online tomorrow or Sunday.

Any way just the original KI arcade game can be bought?
Currently, no. A source of mine said they are working on being able to get the game to people who own the Combo Breaker edition (as many of these people got it for free) and would essentially upgrade. Currently, if you buy the Combo Breaker edition, the only way to get KI Classic is to pay $39.99 for the Ultra Edition. There's no upgrade or standalone KI Classic option at the moment.

I cancelled my Pin Ultimate Edition when I got the Combo Breaker pack for free from MS just prior to launch. I let the code sit for weeks but after getting full Gamerscore in Lococycle, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse, I decided to give it whirl. Now I'm hooked and thanks to all the talk in this thread I have the Pin Ultimate Edition on the way. I figured, as an achievement hunter this Pin Ultimate Edition is a MUST. You actually get a physical item to mark your achievements/accomplishments. How cool is that?!

I made solutions for Mind Gamer and On a Roll achievements if you want to check them out.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a181811/mind-gamer-challenge.htm?showguides=1

http://www.trueachievements.com/a181808/on-a-roll-challenge.htm?showguides=1

Mind Gamer in particular is really easy. I tried uploading the video of Mind Gamer to Skydrive but it failed. If anyone wants to see it they can follow me on Xbox One and view my most recent game clip.

Actually, unfortunately I recall reading that at least one or two of the pins will require picking them up at the PAX conventions ... which sucks, but you can buy them for $15 if you can't attend, which also sucks because you can get them free if you're already going. I like the idea of this whole thing, but it's beginning to look like quite a bit of unnecessary work imo.
Ill actually be at East in Boston in April, I have no problem picking them up for people.

I keep seeing this thing popping in and out of stock. I doubt it is a reprint and is probably a byproduct of them having more supply than they said or just not selling as many because people are reluctant to buy this if there is no physical disc or it is not considered rare. I see this just one day being out of stock permanently and people that were on the fence WILL regret it. The problem with being on the fence is you will never be given a warning when they have genuine low stock until it simply is sold out. People like to play the results after the fact and that never works!!! I am extremely happy they restocked this so I am not complaining. I am just happy that other CAG members have the opportunity to buy this directly from Microsoft instead of third party resellers at a marked up price.

I keep seeing this thing popping in and out of stock. I doubt it is a reprint and is probably a byproduct of them having more supply than they said or just not selling as many because people are reluctant to buy this if there is no physical disc or it is not considered rare. I see this just one day being out of stock permanently and people that were on the fence WILL regret it. The problem with being on the fence is you will never be given a warning when they have genuine low stock until it simply is sold out. People like to play the results after the fact and that never works!!! I am extremely happy they restocked this so I am not complaining. I am just happy that other CAG members have the opportunity to buy this directly from Microsoft instead of third party resellers at a marked up price.
I think it was you you post a interview with the makers.

the vibe i got from that the interview was. Buy it if you like the game, if not pay double when its sold out. when its sold out its sold out.

i wonder how much money will the pins go for in the next year or two or three?

I just wish I had paid attention and got a shadow jago code when the xbox live day one cards were retail.  I got screwed over by ebay on a 20 dollar code the other day cause it never showed up here in the mail, but tracking showed it as delivered.

I just wish I had paid attention and got a shadow jago code when the xbox live day one cards were retail. I got screwed over by ebay on a 20 dollar code the other day cause it never showed up here in the mail, but tracking showed it as delivered.
They arent still retail? I got one at the beginning of the month from Best Buy, and they still had quite a few more.

Also you guys werent kidding about the online. Lost 4 matches, got a 2 win streak, then got obliterated by a guy 5 ranks above me. I'm really liking Sadira so far, been playing tons of Jago's and Orchid's.

I wouldn't piss on Best Buy's gums if they were on fire, but that's just me boycotting a store for personal reasons.  (unlike the ones here that say they boycott gamestop and run there at the drop of a hat for a deal).  Other than that, no other store has them around here that I've seen, but then again I live in backwoods East TN.

Every time I check, it seems to be in stock. I doubt this is all that rare... it might not be a reprint, but it seems like they're toying with the supply a little to keep the appearance of rarity.

Just managed to get On a Roll. Not that I'm one to endorse cheap tactics, but people online are SOOOOO free to Sadira's Heavy Widow Bite, especially spammy Jago's.

Also have any of you guys received a confirmation email for registering yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you get the challenge done, and if you have registered your pin ultimate edition code, you're suppose to get an email about how to get it at some point.  Just have to pay shipping for it.

If anyone is really desperate to get this challenge (On a Roll - 4 wins in a row), just keep quitting until you get the wins.

Quitting out of a match in progress is not considered a loss, your streak stays intact. Although its cheap as hell, you'll save $20 from having to buy the pin outright lol

If anyone is really desperate to get this challenge (On a Roll - 4 wins in a row), just keep quitting until you get the wins.

Quitting out of a match in progress is not considered a loss, your streak stays intact. Although its cheap as hell, you'll save $20 from having to buy the pin outright lol
How do you quit out? I can't bring up the menu. Just turn the Xbox off or open a different app? I just want to get my 4 freaking wins. I'm not a ragequitter but this is absurd. I hope the next challenges aren't the same level of futile. I despise online MP. I don't like going online just to get my ass handed to me in 5 seconds.

EDIT: Screw it. I'm done. I've been way too frustrated with life lately to even bother with this. I'll just buy the pin.

How do you quit out? I can't bring up the menu. Just turn the Xbox off or open a different app? I just want to get my 4 freaking wins. I'm not a ragequitter but this is absurd. I hope the next challenges aren't the same level of futile. I despise online MP. I don't like going online just to get my ass handed to me in 5 seconds.

EDIT: Screw it. I'm done. I've been way too frustrated with life lately to even bother with this. I'll just buy the pin.
I feel you. I lost 8 times in a row and threw in the towel. I know my moves but I dunno everyone destroys my orchid. I thought being 0 rank would match me against people with no wins either. That really wasn't the case...

I'm just going to buy the pin and hopefully other challenges aren't reliant on how good you play online.

Same as you quit out of any match or game that has no menu....just dashboard (press the home button on your controller and quit) or if you sit next to console press the power button OFF. Either way backs you out, but only if youre losing the match and you want to preserve your current 2-3 game win streak. You still have today and tomorrow to get it done. Four games is NOT an eternity don't give up :)

Also, my best advice is to just keep backing out until you get a noob ranked player, don't go picking fights with Diamond or high ranked fighters in general. If you get a high rank player just dashboard before the match even starts.

I'd never quit for something like this.  Saying that, I immediately regretted this purchase.  I have a feeling that, instead of it being a great collectors item that you can earn pins for, it will really turn into a frustrating piece of madness where they are looking for $15 over and over and over again.

We already paid 3 times the asking price for the game, the challenges should be FUN!

[quote name="rieper" post="11449830" timestamp="1389903950"]Same as you quit out of any match or game that has no menu....just dashboard (press the home button on your controller and quit) or if you sit next to console press the power button OFF. Either way backs you out, but only if youre losing the match and you want to preserve your current 2-3 game win streak. You still have today and tomorrow to get it done. Four games is NOT an eternity don't give up :)

Also, my best advice is to just keep backing out until you get a noob ranked player, don't go picking fights with Diamond or high ranked fighters in general. If you get a high rank player just dashboard before the match even starts.[/quote]

If it wasn't already scheduled to end by now I'd try it tonight. : /

When does this end for the 4 game wins. I really suck ass and havn't got it but would like to try this jackass way.
The challenge ended yesterday on Xbox Live but it looks like for the pin you have until the 17th.

I just read something interesting too. There will be a challenge pin every month (7 in total) which we all pretty much understand. You complete the challenge you get the pin for free after paying shipping and handling. You can of course buy the pin for $14.99. Did many of us forget about the character pins? The Launchworks site lists there are a total of 8 character pins. What really caught my eye was that I don't think the character pins are included in the challenges and looks like the only way to get them is to buy them for $14.99. For the character pins alone that will be $120 not including shipping and handling.

Here is the site: http://launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/01/ki-pin-ultimate-master-post/

Notice how it makes no notice of obtaining character pins for free or through challenges. I might have sealed my fate by buying this edition. I love PAX pins but paying $120+ seems a bit crazy...

Wow, you guys are rage-quitting to get the badge? That's pathetic. Don't do that shit. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.

I'm offering again, if anyone absolutely cannot get this done, I'm willing to log onto your account and do it for you. You'd have to trust me, of course, but your other two options are shelling out the cash or playing like a bitch.

Yeah, rage quitting is 100x worse than just being a spammy noob.

If your THAT desperate use Sadira or Jago, both feel like ez mode on anything but a player who actually knows what they are doing. I hear Sabrewolf is good too, but I have never really liked charge inputs, especially on pads

I had three or four people rage quit on me the other night. I could have sworn it reset my win streak but I guess maybe it just took the "3 wins" notifier away at the top (I lost the potential 4th fight).

Please don't do this. It took me about a week to get "on a roll" and I can vouch that the rage quitters are more aggravating that loosing a 3 win streak.

I'm not a rage quitter; I just don't play online at all. I don't see why people think it's the end of the world if someone drops out of a match when they are losing so bad there is no chance to recover. I always play to the end, because I haven't lost until I've lost but complaining about people who are inferior skilled not wanting to take a one-sided beating is silly. You should be complaining about the match-making system not putting you up against someone of your own skill level. I kept getting matched up against people with double digit ranks and thought "well this will be a one-sided unfun bloodbath" and sure enough I got my ass handed to me. Why the hell do I have to go up against people that obviously only have the one game and put all of their time and skill into it? Where are my casual brothers that would rather sample a great variety of games by playing a bit of each rather than dumping hundreds if not thousands of hours in to one? I used to be awesome at fighting games back in the arcade days, but that's partly because that was 90% of my playtime. That's not my style anymore.

All I'm saying is that we all got our ass handed to us at one time. It takes about 2-3 minutes to play a match to completion. Not playing through that last 60 seconds is a pretty unsporting attitude and it sent me right into searching for the Xbox One feedback system.

Rage quitting is poor sportsmanship and fucking annoying. That's all there is to it. Grow a pair, take your loss and move on. A match is never over until it's over and you're only going to learn by playing. Getting mad, making excuses and quitting to save your precious points is fucking obnoxious and won't get you anywhere except for the blacklist.

I just got my Xbox One last night and downloaded it. Kinda put off that they changed the free character to Sabrewolf - I used to play with Jago and Fulgore all of the time.

I'm debating if I want to buy this or not - does anyone know if KI Classic is available right now if I go ahead buy the Ultra?

I just got my Xbox One last night and downloaded it. Kinda put off that they changed the free character to Sabrewolf - I used to play with Jago and Fulgore all of the time.
I'm debating if I want to buy this or not - does anyone know if KI Classic is available right now if I go ahead buy the Ultra?
I believe it is available immediately after purchasing the ultimate edition. Just remember that there's no way to upgrade to the physical edition once you've bought any of the digital packages, so be sure you don't want the pins and the oversized cardboard pin holder or you'll end up paying $40 plus $60 down the line and I don't believe you can sell the code card included with the physical edition because you need it for your pin challenges as proof of ownership.

Finally got the 4 wins with Sabrewolf. Took me forever. Got 2-3 wins no problem but then would get a rank 14. Totally not fair. It was a great feeling to finally get it though. What was weird was that I got 1 win, 1 RQ, 1 win again and 1 RQ. The number of wins disappeared after the first RQ but didn't think anything of it. It worked though. I do think I was in the Ultra when they quit but don't remember. My nerves were pretty shot to notice.

Finally got the 4 wins with Sabrewolf. Took me forever. Got 2-3 wins no problem but then would get a rank 14. Totally not fair. It was a great feeling to finally get it though. What was weird was that I got 1 win, 1 RQ, 1 win again and 1 RQ. The number of wins disappeared after the first RQ but didn't think anything of it. It worked though. I do think I was in the Ultra when they quit but don't remember. My nerves were pretty shot to notice.
You did it during the challenge period though, right? I.e-you got a challenge achievement (?)

Everyone complaining about rage quitting need to relax. I only suggested this method for those desperate to complete the challenge before it ended yesterday. I agree RQ is lame & cheap.

Rage quitting is poor sportsmanship and fucking annoying. That's all there is to it. Grow a pair, take your loss and move on. A match is never over until it's over and you're only going to learn by playing. Getting mad, making excuses and quitting to save your precious points is fucking obnoxious and won't get you anywhere except for the blacklist.

bread's done
Back