Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition Xbox One back in stock Microsoft Store

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have waited and waited for a month for this damn thing to come back in stock as I refresh the Microsoft page a dozen times daily. Right now the item is back in stock on the Microsoft store page for $59.99. I know it is not a deal as far as being below MSRP and it is only the box and pins and there is no physical disc (you still have to download the game), but eBay sellers are selling this for $120+ which I refuse to buy. I love this game and even have the fight stick and now I just bought this. If you want this, you better buy it now. It is the ONLY place you can buy this version and they do offer free shipping. I highly recommend getting this now.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and includes the first two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16, packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. Start your collection now!

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

I myself couldnt get the 4 wins either. Id get to 3 and then get my ass handed to me on the 4th. Hopefully the next challenge doesnt involve ranked matches.

Wow, this "rare" item is still in stock?  Gee, maybe its because it doesn't even include the actual game on a disc!  Just a download code and a pin, what a joke.  MS is really milking this game hard with the pin gimmick.

Wow, this "rare" item is still in stock? Gee, maybe its because it doesn't even include the actual game on a disc! Just a download code and a pin, what a joke. MS is really milking this game hard with the pin gimmick.
Hmmmm, well I don't see it that way. Besides a few mentions of it on the community meld/PlayXBLA they haven't been ramming this down our throats by any means, and for $20 more than the $40 download you get two pins which is cheaper than what Pinny Arcade Pins sell for individually. You then can earn additional pins for the price of shipping, which, again, would (and will) retail for more if purchased outright. Yes, you have to buy more pins to complete the set but no one is forcing you. People buy Pinny Arcade Pins at those prices anyways.

Sure, it'd be nice if I could get some internet cred for having something extremely rare (my local friends won't appreciate this set), but I'll enjoy collecting and earning pins these next few months and maybe I get an e-pat on the back once I have them all.

Hmmmm, well I don't see it that way. Besides a few mentions of it on the community meld/PlayXBLA they haven't been ramming this down our throats by any means, and for $20 more than the $40 download you get two pins which is cheaper than what Pinny Arcade Pins sell for individually. You then can earn additional pins for the price of shipping, which, again, would (and will) retail for more if purchased outright. Yes, you have to buy more pins to complete the set but no one is forcing you. People buy Pinny Arcade Pins at those prices anyways.

Sure, it'd be nice if I could get some internet cred for having something extremely rare (my local friends won't appreciate this set), but I'll enjoy collecting and earning pins these next few months and maybe I get an e-pat on the back once I have them all.
Don't get me wrong, the concept of collectible pins is fine; its the lack of a physical game disc in the "retail" release that really kills this. I know the additional fighters may not have all been designed when this game was released, but it does seem like a possibility that, later this year, a true disc release might happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly would have greatly preferred a physical copy of the game, a soundtrack and an artbook... I mainly bought this to support KI and DH.

I do admit though, there is a bit of fun in collecting the pins. The interactivity may be a cheap cash grab at heart... but there is something to it.

Still... they could have at least included a soundtrack with this thing... the music in this game is fucking godlike.

I believe it is available immediately after purchasing the ultimate edition. Just remember that there's no way to upgrade to the physical edition once you've bought any of the digital packages, so be sure you don't want the pins and the oversized cardboard pin holder or you'll end up paying $40 plus $60 down the line and I don't believe you can sell the code card included with the physical edition because you need it for your pin challenges as proof of ownership.
Yeah I don't care about the pins or the cardboard - just the game along with classic.

Don't get me wrong, the concept of collectible pins is fine; its the lack of a physical game disc in the "retail" release that really kills this. I know the additional fighters may not have all been designed when this game was released, but it does seem like a possibility that, later this year, a true disc release might happen.
Yeah, a disc would of been gravy that's for sure. Was kind of weird getting such a huge case without a disc.

Rage quitting is poor sportsmanship and fucking annoying. That's all there is to it. Grow a pair, take your loss and move on. A match is never over until it's over and you're only going to learn by playing. Getting mad, making excuses and quitting to save your precious points is fucking obnoxious and won't get you anywhere except for the blacklist.

I disagree, rage quitting is great sportsmanship and fucking awesome. That's all there is to it. Grow a pair, take your win and move on. A match is never over until it's over and you're only going to learn by playing. Getting happy, making excuses and winning to save your precious points is fucking obnoxious and won't get you anywhere except for the All-star list.

This months pin seems easier to earn, though still a bit annoying. I didnt even realize the challenge had went up till like last week.

Gonna knock it out this weekend so I don't get stressed out trying on the last day or two

This months pin seems easier to earn, though still a bit annoying. I didnt even realize the challenge had went up till like last week.

Gonna knock it out this weekend so I don't get stressed out trying on the last day or two
My biggest regret might be purchasing the pin edition of this game. I don't ever play it so I'm no good. The fact that every single challenge pin is geared around ranked matches kinda sucks. I get that they don't want to hand out free pins to people that boost but seriously? Every challenge is geared around ranked matches? I couldn't even win one ranked game during the On a Roll Challenge. I could MAYBE do this one but I don't know if I care to. Maybe ill just buy the character pins and be done with it.

My biggest regret might be purchasing the pin edition of this game. I don't ever play it so I'm no good. The fact that every single challenge pin is geared around ranked matches kinda sucks. I get that they don't want to hand out free pins to people that boost but seriously? Every challenge is geared around ranked matches? I couldn't even win one ranked game during the On a Roll Challenge. I could MAYBE do this one but I don't know if I care to. Maybe ill just buy the character pins and be done with it.
I hope we get one based around the Survival or something. I rarely like to play ranked in most fighters, just a rage quitting tier whoring fest.

I would have loved to have a physical copy or even representation of this game on my shelf, but knowing that I'm not that good at fighters....that's the very reason I passed on this.  At least they could've done Killer Cuts 2 or a mini artbook or something.  I'd rather it was a true CE with collectible bull crap, even if it was just a code for the game itself. 

I swear this game has the most broken online ranking ever. Getting thrown against people 5+ ranks higher than me.

How the hell do they expect you to be able to get a blowout when the game is just feeding you to high ass ranked people

I just had a 90 hit combo pulled on me

Yeah, playing on ranked is rough.  I'm a decent player, but 9/10 times I'm getting slaughtered.  I nearly shat myself when I got a supreme victory playing online vs.  Sometimes you get lucky and get a decent match, I try to make sure I keep the handicap to 00 rather than the +40 that it automatically sets it as.  Not sure that does anything....I really don't understand the setting, I'm just assuming it's the handicap rating. 

Just got mine by pure luck, got ranked against a worst Sadira than myself, he couldn't even do combos/linkers lol.

Still, this game damn near gives me a heart attack every match. Never had that problem in other ranked fighters (Even when I got a higher ranked, it never felt like a straight up slaughter)

FML. I'm getting error 0x80040206 every time I try to upload my video, and apparently its some sort of unfixable error....

Anyone having trouble with the challenges should post in this thread on the double helix forums.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/killer-instinct-pin-ultimate-edition.3262/page-31

TheHonestHippo is the official rep for this, and he is helping people in the thread if they have issues, and also giving updates on when the challenges start/end.
Yeah I just posted there, he helped me get my Pin Edition application through when I messed up the email info

Coming along nicely, so far only paid for shipping thanks to the Xbox challenges  :)

a170c07b57af.JPG

aae97b17648d.JPG

c62c0011cda4.JPG

9afa4b003966.JPG

lmfao so far coming along nicely, bro you have 2 pins more than it came with...

Love the trolls who keep hitting up this thread. Have nothing else to contribute other than witty memes to try and act cool. Nobody cares or finds you remotely funny. Now go back under the bridge you came from "bro".

This thing is going to be outrageously expensive to complete. I really don't want to do any of the challenges that involve playing ranked matches and so far they are 2/2 on requiring ranked play. I bought this for local play not online and I despise being forced to go online to save money on pins. Going to make a short stab at completing this month's challenge, but if it is a pain in the ass I'll just shell out another $15 to save the annoyance.

EDIT: Yup, one match in and I was paired with someone five times my level and I got hammered. I didn't do horrendously bad, but still had no chance of winning. Guess that's another $15 out of my pocket to avoid this aggravation.

Sorry for not reading the entire topic, but I was eagerly waiting for this to come back in stock, as I'm a big KI fan and passed on the opportunity to buy it when it first became available (and didn't want to sell a kidney in order to buy it on eBay - I'm not that big of a fan :p ).

So, I bought it last month, and used a mail forwarding service to ship it to me, here in Brazil, where I live. It took forever, but it finally arrived... missing one of the pins (Jago pin). It probably fell off the cardboard holder during the packing process.

I contacted Microsoft asking for them to ship me the missing pin (to the same address I used as before), but they said they couldn't do it, and offered a $10 refund, instead. I refused, since the pin by itself is worth more than that, and an incomplete edition is worthless. They issued a $15 refund without consulting me and called it a day. Being in Brazil, I didn't want to go through the trouble of doing a full return, or I would end up paying double the shipping costs, plus ridiculously expensive import taxes, twice.

Is anyone willing to sell me a Jago pin for a reasonable price? You can ship it to Brazil or the U.S., I don't mind.

This thing is going to be outrageously expensive to complete. I really don't want to do any of the challenges that involve playing ranked matches and so far they are 2/2 on requiring ranked play. I bought this for local play not online and I despise being forced to go online to save money on pins. Going to make a short stab at completing this month's challenge, but if it is a pain in the ass I'll just shell out another $15 to save the annoyance.

EDIT: Yup, one match in and I was paired with someone five times my level and I got hammered. I didn't do horrendously bad, but still had no chance of winning. Guess that's another $15 out of my pocket to avoid this aggravation.
Just keep going till you get someone in your range lol. I got matched with a guy like 9 ranks above me, he pulled a 90+ hit combo that was so damn long that he literally kept my dead body standing for like 20 extra seconds

I really hope the next one isnt ranked too though. Pretty soon they are gonna get to crap like "Reach XXX rank!", or "Get 10 wins in a row!"

Sorry for not reading the entire topic, but I was eagerly waiting for this to come back in stock, as I'm a big KI fan and passed on the opportunity to buy it when it first became available (and didn't want to sell a kidney in order to buy it on eBay - I'm not that big of a fan :p ).

So, I bought it last month, and used a mail forwarding service to ship it to me, here in Brazil, where I live. It took forever, but it finally arrived... missing one of the pins (Jago pin). It probably fell off the cardboard holder during the packing process.

I contacted Microsoft asking for them to ship me the missing pin (to the same address I used as before), but they said they couldn't do it, and offered a $10 refund, instead. I refused, since the pin by itself is worth more than that, and an incomplete edition is worthless. They issued a $15 refund without consulting me and called it a day. Being in Brazil, I didn't want to go through the trouble of doing a full return, or I would end up paying double the shipping costs, plus ridiculously expensive import taxes, twice.

Is anyone willing to sell me a Jago pin for a reasonable price? You can ship it to Brazil or the U.S., I don't mind.
I read that there's really no extra pins besides the ones they made for the Pin Ultimate Editions. There was a guy on the Double Helix forums who was missing the pins, and they had Gabe from Penny Arcade send him the pins that he owned himself.

I'd recommend eBay, the pins themselves go for $35 (the most recently sold at least, they seem to be in a slump), or just get another copy of the game and sell the extra stuff? Not sure what else to recommend for you.

And for people saying this challenge is to hard, try harder. I'm fucking terrible at this game and got the challenge done in a half hour, you only have to finish the match with over half health after all. The recording shit is the only actual annoying part, but the system auto records the last 5 minutes of everything anyway.

Finally did this challenge. Nothing like waiting until last minute both months. I think I read somewhere that when you choose Ranked match and there isn't anyone in your level, it'll slowly raise the rank level until it finds someone. I'm really sick of being paired with level 12's and I'm a level 3. What I did today and yesterday was choose ranked, wait 5 seconds and cancel out, then do it again. Got paired with a few level 1's (that kicked my ass) and 1 or 2 level 8's. My first match today was a level 1 and was able to do the challenge. My mindset has been that if it's a rank higher than me, I just play and not worry about getting the challenge. Really hope next month's isn't centered around ranked again. These should be fun to get. This challenge, although frustrating, was more fun than the win 4 ranked matches in a row.

As for the guy in Brazil, hate to say it, just buy it on ebay. Microsoft store FINALLY ran out of them which means the price will only go up if you are to try and collect all of them. The $15 refund at least offsets the price a little.

Love the trolls who keep hitting up this thread. Have nothing else to contribute other than witty memes to try and act cool. Nobody cares or finds you remotely funny. Now go back under the bridge you came from "bro".
i guess its better to post pictures of the display and pins which we all have seen and to say its coming along nicely to make himself feel better about a bad purchase. so why dont you go f.uck yourself "bro"

i guess its better to post pictures of the display and pins which we all have seen and to say its coming along nicely to make himself feel better about a bad purchase. so why dont you go f.uck yourself "bro"
Erm I dunno, I thought the picture looked pretty nice. I still only have the two pins that came with the purchase and I haven't even put them in the book. I appreciated the poster for showing how clean the collection is starting to look.

I read that there's really no extra pins besides the ones they made for the Pin Ultimate Editions. There was a guy on the Double Helix forums who was missing the pins, and they had Gabe from Penny Arcade send him the pins that he owned himself.

I'd recommend eBay, the pins themselves go for $35 (the most recently sold at least, they seem to be in a slump), or just get another copy of the game and sell the extra stuff? Not sure what else to recommend for you.
As for the guy in Brazil, hate to say it, just buy it on ebay. Microsoft store FINALLY ran out of them which means the price will only go up if you are to try and collect all of them. The $15 refund at least offsets the price a little.
Thanks, guys, but it's not like I haven't tried eBay already. The problem is I can't seem to find the pins by themselves, let alone the Jago pin.

I was willing to buy another copy if there was no other option, but was holding back for other people that actually wanted the complete edition. I'm not a fan of people that buy multiple copies only to resell those, and would never do the same to a fellow gamer/collector. Of course they're sold out, now. Sucks. :/

I very much enjoy reading your whining rants.

[quote name="jay_remedy" post="11553945" timestamp="1393231369"]I very much enjoy reading your whining rants.[/quote]

And thank you for your insightful commentary.

Haha ... geez ... glad I sold mine when I did. The concept was cool, but I realized it would be way too expensive, I suck at fighting games and especially at this one, and it doesn't seem rare after all. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome if you enjoy the game and are able to do the challenges, but it definitely wasn't my thing in retrospect.

Lol, I haven't played since January Pin Challenge and forgot all about this.  And I just got a Supreme victory on my first try! Thank God I came on CAG today.  I would've missed out on my Pin.  I really would enjoy the game, but I hate playing on a controller.  I'll be back for March.

Lol, I haven't played since January Pin Challenge and forgot all about this. And I just got a Supreme victory on my first try! Thank God I came on CAG today. I would've missed out on my Pin. I really would enjoy the game, but I hate playing on a controller. I'll be back for March.
You did the whole challenge involving uploading the video and whatnot, right?

You did the whole challenge involving uploading the video and whatnot, right?
Yes, I recorded the 5 mins. Which was me turning my X1 on and starting up the game and playing til the end of the round with a Supreme Victory. Uploading and editing the video a little bit. Wrote them a paragraph, and sent it to their email. Took me about 15 mins total.

bread's done
Back