Killzone 3: Helghast Edition for PlayStation 3 is $49.99 at Best Buy

Thanks! Best buy seems to be having a lot of good deales on C.E. lately. BTW for those who bought the helghast edition is it worth it at this price?

Thanks! Cheaper than regular edition price at this point! Was kicking myself missing out on Amazon Father's day sale. Ordered to pick up today!

[quote name='foreinter']You can do a instore pickup.[/QUOTE]

Right, but you gotta pay online for that I think. Id like to do a few trade ins on some stuff i dont play and use credit

Nice price. I wonder if we can use the 10% coupon I just got in the mail. I already have KZ3 though....I would just be buying it for the extras, that would probably go in a closet.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Thanks! Best buy seems to be having a lot of good deales on C.E. lately. BTW for those who bought the helghast edition is it worth it at this price?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the game but I had played KZ2 first and was a fan of the series. The helmet is pretty cool and sets on my desk with an RC-XD and other collectibles. Art book is alright as well as the action figure. I'd say it is more then likely the best $50 collectors' edition you're going to get for a game that has only been out since February (4 months).

Thanks OP. this CE was doomed from the start. KZ3 has been as low as $23 on GoHastings used. So I'll pass this time around. I can see this thing dropping to $40 at some point.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Online only or in store too?[/QUOTE]all BB deals are in-store & online unless it says "online only" stock maybe an issue for not finding something on the site that may still be in stores.

I bought the CE at MicroCenter for $60 about a month ago. This game is awesome, there's no doubting that. I've got at least fifty hours of online play, so far.

As far as the C.E. goes, the double XP for 24 hours is nice. The Helghast helmet is... a conversation piece.

Here are pictures of the helmet, statue and artbook, (JPG is 2D and MPO is 3D):
http://www.teamsaints.org/images/cag/

I want to get this deal, but I know I will regret buying it. I don't display videogame items in my home or in my office at work. I will just keep waiting to pick up the game for 20 bucks or less, or just rent it to blow through the campaign.

Thanks OP I just purchised one online with store pick up and used my $10 reward certificate. I was just planing to visit my closest Bests Buy anyway and this worked perfectly for me.

^^ Sale next week but if it is $50 again next week then I guess, yes, it will be. I think for people who enjoy CE its a great price but damn these CE's are so worthless, they only warrant a $80 price tag at launch.

Traded in some junk games and paid $10 bucks out of pocket for this. Best Buy in Marlboro MA had probably like 6 or 7 more out on the floor, but the sign still said 89.99 even though it rang up 49.99. Thought it was funny that within eyesight of where I was purchasing this in line I could see the vanilla version for 59.99 still

most people who have this edition didn't like the quality of any of the stuff it came with.

its not as bad as dead space 2 plasma cutter, but the few colors used in the helmet that doesn't light up and is nowhere near the size of the helmet make this worth passing up all together. The game isn't bad, cept for all the cloaked snipers...

Might upgrade my vanilla version.
Trade in for KZ3 is sill $25 at BB. If you preorder NCAA 12 you get an additional 40% making it $35. I assume preorder is $5 and you can cancel anytime? Never preordered at BB before.

I did see it tagged for $89.99 in-store yesterday. They should price match their online prices (short of your Best Buy sucking).

But I'll hold off. This will probably drop more sooner or later. Doesn't help the game sells at most places for $59.99 still.

Grabbed one in Peoria, IL, 2 left but one is opened and the other pretty beat up. I passed on the Amazon deals at $60 and buying at Best Buy gets me a little over 11% in rewards (premier silver, BB MC, and gamers club points). Thanks OP!

I passed on one myself in perfect condition. I just don't have to room for all the extras it comes with and it isn't worth the hassle of trying to sell the extras on ebay/amazon/craigstlist.

I picked up one of two, but the 10% coupon didnt work. Note to best buy: STOP SENDING ME YOUR PISS ASS COUPONS THAT ONLY WORK ON NON NEW RELEASE MSRP ITEMS. :roll: Most of the stuff at best buy can easily be found 20-40% cheaper elsewhere.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I passed on one myself in perfect condition. I just don't have to room for all the extras it comes with and it isn't worth the hassle of trying to sell the extras on ebay/amazon/craigstlist.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Although the game itself is still marked as $50+ at most places. Maybe you could toss the extra stuff in the garage/attic/under the bed?

Man, I saw a ton of these at one store on Friday and was thinking about PM'ing PC Richards ($59.99) but I'm glad I didn't.

Ordered one for in-store pickup. Thanks OP.

Wow! thanks OP, now I got a great new game to try out tonight! :D

Grabbed the last one from my store, spider-wrapped of course, but minimal damage. Then I got all worried b/c the contents were moving around a lot inside when shaking it, so I opened it up, did a horrible job with the stickers b/c I didn't have my Bear Grylls pocket knife on me. But come to find out, it appears everything was in tact, just the artbook and game are thrown in there..

I think this is the price for them to be gone. good luck if you want one!

[quote name='the_ENEMY_'] The game isn't bad, cept for all the cloaked snipers...[/QUOTE]

As as cloaked sniper, I can tell you the real annoyance are the infiltrators...

Hmm.. what do you guys think, grab one at this price or wait for a 39.99 price drop? Im wondering if it will hit that or sell out at this. I know when it was 59.99 it didn't sell out on amazons gold box. This seems to have been severly over produced

what exactly does it come with anyway? A helmet, toy, and artbook right? any exclusive DLC?

Im just not sure if this is something i should bite or now or wait and see. I wouldn't even be playing it for a long time, my backlogs too big (still havent played 2 =P)

The most prized posession is the voucher for double XP and all weapons and perks unlocked for 24 hours of play...complete pwnage for 24 hours while getting a leg up quicker.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Do you not use your PS3 much?[/QUOTE]

Oh Im constantly on my PS3 but all I've been playing is L.A. Noire but I wanted to get this for the multiplayer but I don't wanna throw money down if the online isn't active is all

[quote name='joker______']Oh Im constantly on my PS3 but all I've been playing is L.A. Noire but I wanted to get this for the multiplayer but I don't wanna throw money down if the online isn't active is all[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's one of the more often played online games on the PS3.

I already picked this up when Amazon had it for $60 but was worth it because i picked up Heavy Rain at the time for $15 with the "buy 1, get 1 50% off" deal they ran.

Just letting anyone know in San Diego area, was just at the Santee BB picking up Fallout: New Vegas for $10 that they still have one Killzone 3 Collectors Edition, its up on the rafters in the back.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm.. what do you guys think, grab one at this price or wait for a 39.99 price drop? Im wondering if it will hit that or sell out at this. I know when it was 59.99 it didn't sell out on amazons gold box. This seems to have been severly over produced

what exactly does it come with anyway? A helmet, toy, and artbook right? any exclusive DLC?

Im just not sure if this is something i should bite or now or wait and see. I wouldn't even be playing it for a long time, my backlogs too big (still havent played 2 =P)[/QUOTE]

The item will most likely drop again (which is what im hoping for) and can be a huge deal if it happens fast. The gamestop trade in is 18 (asked today when I was there) and with +.40% - .50% thats nearly half the cost. I dont know what the helmet feels like in person, but assuming its like the one on display there it looks/feels EXTREMELY cheap. The toy is cool, but most likely you will do nothing with it. The voucher is rather worthless though...

The shick promo a while back (is it still valid?) offered the Killzone 3 first map pack like the SV + the "exclusive" dynamic theme. There are so many of the themes out there unless you were under a rock/didnt care you dont have one. The 24 hours of perks is ok same with the XP, but the shick promo offered 3 credit points. If you abused it a LOT you could cap everything from the start.

The biggest thing killing the CE is the helmet because its just so big... Most people dont want it and of the 3 locations I went each had 5+ out on display. I really doubt they will sell and if they do theres no value at all.

[quote name='admiralvic']The item will most likely drop again (which is what im hoping for) and can be a huge deal if it happens fast. The gamestop trade in is 18 (asked today when I was there) and with +.40% - .50% thats nearly half the cost. I dont know what the helmet feels like in person, but assuming its like the one on display there it looks/feels EXTREMELY cheap. The toy is cool, but most likely you will do nothing with it. The voucher is rather worthless though...

The shick promo a while back (is it still valid?) offered the Killzone 3 first map pack like the SV + the "exclusive" dynamic theme. There are so many of the themes out there unless you were under a rock/didnt care you dont have one. The 24 hours of perks is ok same with the XP, but the shick promo offered 3 credit points. If you abused it a LOT you could cap everything from the start.

The biggest thing killing the CE is the helmet because its just so big... Most people dont want it and of the 3 locations I went each had 5+ out on display. I really doubt they will sell and if they do theres no value at all.[/QUOTE]

At this point and prices dropping on it that they are, buying any collector's edition on clearance is for novelty purposes only. I picked one up because i liked the series and i actually thought the helmet and figurine were cool. I paid $60 for this set, essentially the game with some added bonuses.

It really boils down to if someone sees a value in it, will any of these things be worth anything 5-10 years from now, no but the question is it worth it to you. This is the 2nd collectors edition i have ever bought but i use the helmet and figurine as things that i display in my office.

The voucher isn't bad if you have missed the promos for the map pack, saves you $5 bucks there. The music, videos and theme are just novelty.

hmm... ya for me im not buying it for value, i just like collectors editions. But looking at what you get it just seems... lame. The helmet DOES look really cheap as a few people have mentioned. The toy looks ok, and the artbook looks boring. I was thinking of waiting for 39.99 or for amazon to do a 49.99 so i dont have to pay sales tax (10% here in Cali)

any chance amazon will PM this? That would seal the deal for me probably. I just dont wanna pay 50 bucks now and have it drop another 10 in a few weeks, or have amazon pm it, grr

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm... ya for me im not buying it for value, i just like collectors editions. But looking at what you get it just seems... lame. The helmet DOES look really cheap as a few people have mentioned. The toy looks ok, and the artbook looks boring. I was thinking of waiting for 39.99 or for amazon to do a 49.99 so i dont have to pay sales tax (10% here in Cali)

any chance amazon will PM this? That would seal the deal for me probably. I just dont wanna pay 50 bucks now and have it drop another 10 in a few weeks, or have amazon pm it, grr[/QUOTE]

Tax is collected by BB but at least you can say sales tax dropped 1% as of the 1st here in California.

They are $49.99 at the BB in Colma, CA. No need to price match the website and the 10% off coupon did not work since it is not the regular price.

[quote name='NipPicker']49.99 here but halo reach ce is still 149.99 ?[/QUOTE]

Last week that thing dropped to $79, I thought they would all be gone. Nope.

EDIT: The price went back up. Drives me nuts.

bread's done
Back