Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh Josh, since you're here and reading. we decided that if we wanted you to add stuff to the FAQ, we'd put it in red. We're too lazy to email.

[quote name='confoosious']I love when SHC starts zinging people who don't know what they're talking about. (He's just like one of us!!) Unfortunately he's an official rep and can't be seen smacking people down too often.[/QUOTE]
Official smamicial. I'm all by lonesome now and days :)

[quote name='confoosious']oh Josh, since you're here and reading. we decided that if we wanted you to add stuff to the FAQ, we'd put it in red. We're too lazy to email.[/QUOTE]
Sounds cool.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In my office I have a few thousand unique codes.[/QUOTE]

That's good news for KMart then because the codes for the Dragon Armor (Wal-Mart), Elexorien Sword, Anathros sword, Lucienda sword (Gamestop) and codes for a axe, Hammer of Kroll and a Dusty scroll (bonus level from Gamestop) have been released and are non-unique.

Regardless of codes though KMart still has the best offer for total cash out of pocket.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking to hit 25k points on MvC3 :)[/QUOTE]

That is pretty tempting. I never had a problem with SYWR points before so now I have the next few days to contemplate whether or not to cancel my preorder.

Thanks Josh for another great offer! :)

[quote name='LordVila']That's good news for KMart then because the codes for the Dragon Armor (Wal-Mart), Elexorien Sword, Anathros sword, Lucienda sword (Gamestop) and codes for a axe, Hammer of Kroll and a Dusty scroll (bonus level from Gamestop) have been released and are non-unique.

Regardless of codes though KMart still has the best offer for total cash out of pocket.[/QUOTE]
ARGH!!!! I just went through the two boxes of codes and they are not unique as you said. Who in their right mind sends me thousands of papers with the same thing on them!!!!

I'm sorry, I recant, you are correct. I'm tempted just to post the code in the blog.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I should find out today or tomorrow which have been approved. Looking good![/QUOTE]

Looking forward to a crazy KZ3 deal!

lol at publishers who try to make a big deal out of bonus items at a certain retailer and then it's just some code like "KMART1" that anyone can enter into the game.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']ARGH!!!! I just went through the two boxes of codes and they are not unique as you said. Who in their right mind sends me thousands of papers with the same thing on them!!!!

I'm sorry, I recant, you are correct. I'm tempted just to post the code in the blog.[/QUOTE]

Atleast this will save your email from being flooded as badly.

This is a nice offer
:ps3: God of War 3 and God of War Collection $39.98 (Save $50)

also tempting
:ps3: Sly Cooper Collection $29.99 (Save $10)

How long to SYWR points last. I should have points from COD BO but have not kept on top of things. Too busy playing games.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']ARGH!!!! I just went through the two boxes of codes and they are not unique as you said. Who in their right mind sends me thousands of papers with the same thing on them!!!!

I'm sorry, I recant, you are correct. I'm tempted just to post the code in the blog.[/QUOTE]

They'll be posted all over the net soon enough anyway, probably best for you to not risk angering publishers. So we can do it for you; taken from a gamespot.com forum (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57646942&pid=944163)

• Dragon Armor - 4149-3083-9823-6545
  • Elexorien (Sword)- 3542-3274-8350-6064
  • Scroll - 6972-5760-7685-8477
  • Hammer - 6231-1890-4345-5988
  • Axe - 1775-3623-3298-1928
  • Anathros(Sword) - 6770-8976-1634-9490
  • Lucienda (Sword) - 9122-5287-3591-0927

[quote name='nakanenui']This is a nice offer
:ps3: God of War 3 and God of War Collection $39.98 (Save $50)

also tempting
:ps3: Sly Cooper Collection $29.99 (Save $10)

How long to SYWR points last. I should have points from COD BO but have not kept on top of things. Too busy playing games.[/QUOTE]

Think theyre good until the end of 2011. I know mine are still sitting there waiting for Dead Space 2.

[quote name='confoosious']The Crow is dead.[/QUOTE]

The whole discussion of the codes was funny though. Back to watching Family Guy at work now.

[quote name='LordVila']I had considered posting them earlier but out of respect for Josh I wasn't going to do that.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt he'll think you're disrespecting him. If I'm mistaken Josh please let me know. He himself knows the codes are all identical and could be saved a lot of time and grief if they were merely available; but could very well risk damaging relationships with pubishers had he posted them on an official kmart website. K-Mart is beating everyone on price so if the other retailers can't offer exclusive value added content its all the more reason to buy it at K-Mart. Take Mortal Kombat for example; much as I'm sure it will be cheaper at K-Mart I'm really looking forward to the classic skin/fatality preorder bonus.

Josh:
For video games are the prices on kmart.com the same prices in the store? Some games seem cheaper online, but that may be due to the price tag in the store never being changed.
Also, when can we CAGs expect the list of clearance games to appear in the thread?

Josh:
For video games are the prices on kmart.com the same prices in the store? Some games seem cheaper online, but that may be due to the price tag in the store never being changed.
Also, when can we CAGs expect the list of clearance games to appear in the thread?

[quote name='confoosious']The Crow is dead.[/QUOTE]
Sucks! What's the point of exclusive DLC.....gonna have to give South Peak a ring....

[quote name='lumpy']Josh:

Josh:
Also, when can we CAGs expect the list of clearance games to appear in the thread?[/QUOTE]
Somtimes prices can vary for the exact reason you noticed below and that we use a different distribution partner for online where we are direct for the stores.

For clearance, the items drop in the third week of the month and I go to comittee the first week of the month. So, I should be able to post them the week of the 13th.

[quote name='LordVila']I had considered posting them earlier but out of respect for Josh I wasn't going to do that.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate the thought. If anything it would have caused me to open up the boxes sooner to realize the issue but I didn't need the head ache for the weekend :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sucks! What's the point of exclusive DLC.....gonna have to give South Peak a ring....[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the Blur Chrome BMW fiasco!

[quote name='Shimmerz']Reminds me of the Blur Chrome BMW fiasco![/QUOTE]
On kind of a niche title as well. Already a risk, then making the DLC like this....color me pissed.

[quote name='kelapa']Hi Josh,

Will you have any deal on Playstation move? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Nothing planned, really need the coupon issue fixed. If Sony partners on a gift card or SYWR offer like this upcoming weekend on the PS3 I'd do it as well.

That sucks about the non-unique codes. I don't understand why they'd offer "exclusive" content to retailers with non-unique codes

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']On kind of a niche title as well. Already a risk, then making the DLC like this....color me pissed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's lousy. I had read the Hammer of Kroll or whatever it's called was included in the CE but to do it like that is just crappy of them. Still $40 is a great price for it.

Seriously thinking about that PSP deal next week for 129.99, although I do want to wait and see about the new PSP2 announcement.

Wow, it's one thing to give every fricking retailer a different "exclusive" bonus. It's a completely different thing to do that and then have every "unique" code be exactly the same.

Josh, it sounds like you're pissed. Did they send you 3,000 pieces of paper in a huge box? I can picture it in my head, you in a tiny ass office and this look like "WTF? Assholes" with all these codes in 12 point font on a full 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, one on each sheet. It's hilarious. (Please don't ruin it!)

Definitely gonna jump on the DS2 offer unless something better pops up. I didn't sift through the rest of the thread but what was the issue with coupons and will they all be under the SYWR from now on? I like the coupons but don't like the rewards program. There was a line saying I'll be flooded with pre-approved offers, tossed it soon after.

Buy a game, get a coupon is best.

Actually, the SYWR points are better imo since you can redeem them on pretty much anything in Kmart. That's why Josh did the coupons though, since they were able to be limited to gaming stuff.

As for specifics, Josh has an entire post at the beginning of the thread (it's short, so you should have read it) detailing the story.

[quote name='Altanis']Actually, the SYWR points are better imo since you can redeem them on pretty much anything in Kmart. That's why Josh did the coupons though, since they were able to be limited to gaming stuff.[/QUOTE]

I agree. SYWR is much better than coupons. As long as it works as intended.

i'm not sure if this has been answered, but does kmart ususally have the games out on display on release date? IE dead space 2 tomorrow?

[quote name='Altanis']Wow, it's one thing to give every fricking retailer a different "exclusive" bonus. It's a completely different thing to do that and then have every "unique" code be exactly the same.

Josh, it sounds like you're pissed. Did they send you 3,000 pieces of paper in a huge box? I can picture it in my head, you in a tiny ass office and this look like "WTF? Assholes" with all these codes in 12 point font on a full 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, one on each sheet. It's hilarious. (Please don't ruin it!)[/QUOTE]
Not joking, I have multiple boxes of 5 x 7's (thousands of them) it looks like all with the same freaking code.

[quote name='guitarguy']i'm not sure if this has been answered, but does kmart ususally have the games out on display on release date? IE dead space 2 tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
We'll have it out by tomorrow, however about 40% of the stores out there have issues getting out as quickly as they need to based on previous polls. It has arrived in all stores though.

Our systems block the early sell of anything though even if it is displayed.

You should do a blog post: "When Retailer Exclusive Bonuses go Wrong"

Add in pictures of stacks of the thousands of 5 x 7's and I think you'd be sent an apology from the company pretty quickly.

Either way, you'd get a few laughs, and the readers would get a few laughs.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not joking, I have multiple boxes of 5 x 7's (thousands of them) it looks like all with the same freaking code.[/QUOTE]

I guess they're not worried about going green.

[quote name='guitarguy']i'm not sure if this has been answered, but does kmart ususally have the games out on display on release date? IE dead space 2 tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
They should, but it's YMMV. Mine for example seems to always have every new release available/displayed morning of release, but I've read about a lot of people having to ask about them.

SHC are the codes for Two Worlds 2 part of the deal you have with the publisher? Sorry I know nothing about how that stuff works but it seems like if they marketed them as exclusive or unique you have every reason to be royally pissed.

Just went to the kmart here in Tucson, as I was in town. The kid in electronics had no idea about the deal tomorrow, opened up the flyer and said it wasn't in there, and said they don't carry $20 cards only $50 (for psn).

I replied it is a deal on this kmartgamer site mentioned right here in your flyer... "oh, you must have to print something out and fill out a rebate thing"...

This feels like the starcraft 2 hell that I faced this past summer. Also reminds me why I don't waste my $$ in sears or kmart.

[quote name='Altanis']You should do a blog post: "When Retailer Exclusive Bonuses go Wrong"

Add in pictures of stacks of the thousands of 5 x 7's and I think you'd be sent an apology from the company pretty quickly.

Either way, you'd get a few laughs, and the readers would get a few laughs.[/QUOTE]
I would but I can't hate on them too much for helping me drop $20 faster than anybody else :)

Still freaking ridiculous, just email me the code for crying out loud if they aren't unique.

First rule of dealing with Kmart deals: don't ask the cashiers about specifics. In all likelihood they won't know about it (ESPECIALLY if it's a KmartGamer blog deal).

The registers however do know about the deals 99% of the time. If you just get the game and the points card (if your store has them) and checkout, it will automatically take the points card off.

[quote name='TheLounge']Just went to the kmart here in Tucson, as I was in town. The kid in electronics had no idea about the deal tomorrow, opened up the flyer and said it wasn't in there, and said they don't carry $20 cards only $50 (for psn).

I replied it is a deal on this kmartgamer site mentioned right here in your flyer... "oh, you must have to print something out and fill out a rebate thing"...

This feels like the starcraft 2 hell that I faced this past summer. Also reminds me why I don't waste my $$ in sears or kmart.[/QUOTE]
What's different now vs. back then and the SCII example is that I have full control now on customer service instead of emailing stores to follow up.

For the deal tomorrow, though every store should know and I probably would have pointed to the Kmartgamer.com mention in the ad itself, is that everyone should feel comfortable buying the game even if they don't get the card knowing 100% they can drop me a line and I'll fix it with no additional work required.

I should probably also add to the OP, you could always follow the first rule of Kmartgamer which is don't talk about Kmartgamer :)

Did that with deadspace, got it for $9.99 for 360.

Was asking about the deal tomorrow to make sure I wasn't going to drive another 40+ mins just to get screwed again.

[quote name='Altanis']First rule of dealing with Kmart deals: don't ask the cashiers about specifics. In all likelihood they won't know about it (ESPECIALLY if it's a KmartGamer blog deal).

The registers however do know about the deals 99% of the time. If you just get the game and the points card (if your store has them) and checkout, it will automatically take the points card off.[/QUOTE]

I keep getting emails from the Sears clearance thread notifying me of updates on how I've killed clearance.

I don't want to sound mean in any way at all, but I didn't "find out" people were buying clearance items because I started posting here. One of the first things I did when I came into the position was to analyze how we could improve as a business and we were wasting a huge amount of money in clearance reducing items to well below market pricing. I don't know who approved the Xbox 360 hard drive for $15 but that was ridiculous :bomb:

We definitely have way to many items in the stores that should be reduced and we are working towards addressing them with the publishers, but for 90% of the items, selling them for sub $5 is just kind of silly.

Anyway, my two cents. I hate to upset anyone, I really do, it's just not a reasonable business proposition to take a strategy that basically says "buy me in 6 months for a $1!" :bouncy:

[quote name='TheLounge']Did that with deadspace, got it for $9.99 for 360.

Was asking about the deal tomorrow to make sure I wasn't going to drive another 40+ mins just to get screwed again.[/QUOTE]
Feel safe, if for some reason you get "screwed" just buy the game and I'll take care of the rest right away.

[quote name='Shimmerz']I'm guessing the odds are slim but will Kmart be carrying Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon?[/QUOTE]
You are correct sir!

Just a quick question. If I were to buy ME2 and Dead Space 2 is there any order the cashier needs to ring the games up to get the deals/psn card? I just want to make sure I have no troubles tomorrow because I want to get in and out of k-mart as soon as possible.

Whoa whoa whoa, is that God of war 3 AND GOW Collection for 40 total? Meaning I walk out with 2 games for 40 out of pocket?

Can that be combined with the ME2 deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back