Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I buy Dead Space 2 for the PS3 can I choose to get a 1600 XBLA Points card?

I really don't need a PSN card at the moment. And don't want to drive to the store and get rejected on the xbox card if I buy the PS3 version.

[quote name='confoosious']What is it about this thread that brings out the absolute worst in people. Is it because it's a perpetual thread, unlike other deal threads? (Although the Target clearance thread isn't this bad.) Is it the confusing nature of the deals SHC is putting together? This thread is like 10% info, 40% stupid questions, 40% rage, and 10% snickering.

How do you reduce the dumb questions so there's less rage?[/QUOTE]
If we knew how to reduce the dumb questions we would, right? I meant to ask you earlier but apparently never posted it: did you submit anything to Josh to add into the FAQ? I saw the one suggestion you made but I'm not sure if you emailed it to him or not.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Awww man, I thought you were gonna use the word minion in every post.[/QUOTE]
Why is it this made me laugh? :D

Also, why is it that everyone that agrees with me has to be my minion? (Hi, I don't have any minions. If you want to continue thinking that, do it in private where we won't mock the stupidity of it. Just because people agree with me that stupid questions exist, doesn't mean we're all plotting to take over the world).

[quote name='sethrhf']If I buy Dead Space 2 for the PS3 can I choose to get a 1600 XBLA Points card?

I really don't need a PSN card at the moment. And don't want to drive to the store and get rejected on the xbox card if I buy the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
REALLY? This question again? How hard is it to read the first post?

REALLY? This question again? How hard is it to read the first post?

You are pretty rude.

Well considering I had trouble with this type of deal earlier in the year at my kmart. To me it is a good question.

I didn't submit it to Josh. I figured he can just scan the thread for red. (even though he doesn't know red is meant to indicate a submission for the FAQ.)

I'm a bad minion.

[quote name='sethrhf']REALLY? This question again? How hard is it to read the first post?

You are pretty rude.

Well considering I had trouble with this type of deal earlier in the year at my kmart. To me it is a good question.[/QUOTE]

You can mix and match. This should really be clarified in the OP to leave no doubt in the minds of people that don't read every page of the thread. Same with buying Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 the week of the 30th and still being able to get a $59.99 game at 50% off.

[quote name='sethrhf']REALLY? This question again? How hard is it to read the first post?

You are pretty rude.

Well considering I had trouble with this type of deal earlier in the year at my kmart. To me it is a good question.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do this. If there is an issue or the store doesn't have cards you can email Josh and he will fix it.

[quote name='Killbomb'] Same with buying Mass Effect 2 for $44.99 the week of the 30th and still being able to get a $59.99 game at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Really hope someone posts back next week that tries this out and shares the details on how the transaction goes.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Really hope someone posts back next week that tries this out and shares the details on how the transaction goes.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, it will work. You never know with Kmart's system though. What they say will work sometimes doesn't.

[quote name='confoosious']I didn't submit it to Josh. I figured he can just scan the thread for red. (even though he doesn't know red is meant to indicate a submission for the FAQ.)

I'm a bad minion.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just feel weird emailing him with "hey, here's something for the FAQ." I don't really know why.

I still find the minion line funny though. :D

You are pretty rude.

Aww, I'm rude.

Point is, the promotion details are in the first post (Buy DS2 and get a $20 points card for either PS3 or 360). You also aren't the first person to ask this question, and Josh has answered it multiple times.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Really hope someone posts back next week that tries this out and shares the details on how the transaction goes.[/QUOTE]
Josh himself said that the two deals overlap (ME2 on sale for $45, and the BOGO 50% off deal). What more confirmation do you need that this will work?

[quote name='Altanis']Josh himself said that the two deals overlap (ME2 on sale for $45, and the BOGO 50% off deal). What more confirmation do you need that this will work?[/QUOTE]

It should be clarified in the OP then. How often do stores allow you to combine multiple promotions? Yeah, he's answered it at least once but not everybody reads every page of the thread.

[quote name='Altanis']

Josh himself said that the two deals overlap (ME2 on sale for $45, and the BOGO 50% off deal). What more confirmation do you need that this will work?[/QUOTE]

Doing the same thing you bitch other people out for not doing, reading, I acknowledged josh stating it would work a few pages ago and no where in my comment did I say it wouldn't work. My comment was asking for details, whether you get the ME 2 half off or LBP, sometimes kmart's system is finicky and it wont wring up properly, like you should expect. For example, the LBP/ME 2 BOGO combination this past week, took them three-four days to fix it. When I go into my kmart I go in expecting for things not to go well, last year I went in after 7 games and every time, had complications every time, so excuse me if I want to go into my store prepared next week when I go to take advantage of that deal.

[quote name='Killbomb']It should be clarified in the OP then. How often do stores allow you to combine multiple promotions? Yeah, he's answered it at least once but not everybody reads every page of the thread.[/QUOTE]
How much more clear can he make it than "Buy ME2 between now and 2/12, get 50% off any other $59.99 game" and right below that have a note saying that ME2 will be on sale for $45 the week of Jan 30?

Does Josh need to add a neon sign saying that "Yes, these two deals overlap, stop asking about it" to the post?

If people can't read the OP, that's their problem.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Doing the same thing you bitch other people out for not doing, reading, I acknowledged josh stating it would work a few pages ago and no where in my comment did I say it wouldn't work. My comment was asking for details, whether you get the ME 2 half off or LBP, sometimes kmart's system is finicky and it wont wring up properly, like you should expect. For example, the LBP/ME 2 BOGO combination this past week, took them three-four days to fix it.[/QUOTE]
Again, Josh already gave the green light towards buying ME2 and LBP2 and having LBP2 ringing up 50% off.

The problem this past week was because the register was throwing it out when buying ME2 and LBP2 together. The issue was fixed actually within a few hours. If your local store didn't have the problem fixed, they needed to reboot the register. I'm not sure where you got 3-4 days from, since Josh himself said everything would be working in a worst-case scenario by THURSDAY, depending on when the store rebooted the registers. The deal began on TUESDAY, which is 2 days, not "3-4."

Also, since the BOGO 50% off deal only works on $59.99 games, then ME2 being on sale for $45 wouldn't be the game ringing up half off anyway.

This isn't rocket science. People wouldn't be posting that you can get LBP2 half off and say that Josh said it would work if he hadn't.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Doing the same thing you bitch other people out for not doing, reading, I acknowledged josh stating it would work a few pages ago and no where in my comment did I say it wouldn't work. My comment was asking for details, whether you get the ME 2 half off or LBP, sometimes kmart's system is finicky and it wont wring up properly, like you should expect. For example, the LBP/ME 2 BOGO combination this past week, took them three-four days to fix it. When I go into my kmart I go in expecting for things not to go well, last year I went in after 7 games and every time, had complications every time, so excuse me if I want to go into my store prepared next week when I go to take advantage of that deal.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Altanis = PWND.

[quote name='Altanis']How much more clear can he make it than "Buy ME2 between now and 2/12, get 50% off any other $59.99 game" and right below that have a note saying that ME2 will be on sale for $45 the week of Jan 30?

Does Josh need to add a neon sign saying that "Yes, these two deals overlap, stop asking about it" to the post?

Again, Josh already gave the green light towards buying ME2 and LBP2 and having LBP2 ringing up 50% off.

The problem this past week was because the register was throwing it out when buying ME2 and LBP2 together. The issue was fixed actually within a few hours. If your local store didn't have the problem fixed, they needed to reboot the register. I'm not sure where you got 3-4 days from, since Josh himself said everything would be working in a worst-case scenario by THURSDAY, depending on when the store rebooted the registers. The deal began on TUESDAY, which is 2 days, not "3-4."

Also, since the BOGO 50% off deal only works on $59.99 games, then ME2 being on sale for $45 wouldn't be the game ringing up half off anyway.

This isn't rocket science. People wouldn't be posting that you can get LBP2 half off and say that Josh said it would work if he hadn't.[/QUOTE]

Actually, on the Kmartgamer.com blog, it states that the problem would be fixed by Friday. So he was correct in saying 3-4 days. If Josh states one thing on this thread, and then the blog states another thing, it is easy to see people getting confused.

My local Kmart finally put out the Fable III CEs that I requested from SHC Stock boy. It only took them 3 months to do it. Well, maybe 2 months since I haven't been there in a month. It's too bad that those 3 CEs are likely to sit there forever. I was surprised that the video game section had been reorganized with almost every title in the cases now visible. They dumped the majority of the value/clearance games into 4 large bins.

I used my last coupon on a 1600 point card but I had to go to a second store since the first one was sold out. This doesn't bode well for the DS2 deal at that store since they were also out of $20 PSN cards.

BTW, both stores had atleast 2 LBP2 CE.

Are there any flyers? I went to 2 K-Mart's - first one said We never heard of Mass Effect 2 :):facepalm::) second one they had 2 copies out but dead space 2 isn't available yet(scoping out the situation). So hopefully everything will ring up smoothly, i pray, come tuesday.

The problem with the registers took like, a day to fix. It had nothing to do with a reboot a few hours later. It could only be done once the fix was actually applied, which was sometime Wednesday night. The games came out on Tuesday. That's nowhere in the 3-4 day mark. But the deal works, so who cares?

Why argue with Altanis, anyway? We've already had Josh ask for people to be amicable, so if you seriously have such a problem with answers that seem rude you should probably use the ignore function in these forums.

[quote name='VaultDweller']does any1 know if u can stack multiple deals into one big deal?[/QUOTE]

yes, you can stack everything into a free car.

(goddamnit, I fell for the bait.)

[quote name='EducAsian']Actually, on the Kmartgamer.com blog, it states that the problem would be fixed by Friday. So he was correct in saying 3-4 days. If Josh states one thing on this thread, and then the blog states another thing, it is easy to see people getting confused.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... (again, no fault of SHC...But Christ, can't an employee at one of these stores make a rational decision???)

Josh:
For video games are the prices on kmart.com the same prices in the store? Some games seem cheaper online, but that may be due to the price tag in the store never being changed.
Also, when can we CAGs expect the list of clearance games to appear in the thread?

[quote name='jaredstorm']Normally you can stack deals. What are you looking for Dweller?[/QUOTE]
A vault of some kind.

Over the weekend, I went to a K-mart to see if they had any of the Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition and luckily I found one out of two there. I rang up that and Mass Effect 2 PS3 to see which game would be discounted 50% off. It looked like ME2 was discounted so I decided to just get only the LBP2 CE and return this Tuesday to do a return/rebuy on it along with Dead Space 2 and get a free $20 space bucks card. I double checked with the manager there to see if it was okay to do it and he said I'm good as long as I don't open up the seal to LBP2.

It's been hard to resist opening it but at least I have 2 days left.

Great deal on TW2, just wish it was release week. Price matching means a second trip back, which is a bother.

Oh well, it takes effort to get the deals I suppose.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Normally you can stack deals. What are you looking for Dweller?[/QUOTE]

He's being facetious. That one was pretty funny.

[quote name='Caine']Great deal on TW2, just wish it was release week. Price matching means a second trip back, which is a bother.

Oh well, it takes effort to get the deals I suppose.[/QUOTE]
If you mean you want to price match Two Worlds in another store, it probably wont work. Two Worlds is not an advertised sale. If you mean something else please disregard.

This is my first time viewing the Kmart Thread.
If I want Dead Space 2 for the 360, and I purchase it from Kmart on 1/25, I get a 1600 Point card? No coupon needed?

[quote name='UndyingForce']This is my first time viewing the Kmart Thread.
If I want Dead Space 2 for the 360, and I purchase it from Kmart on 1/25, I get a 1600 Point card? No coupon needed?[/QUOTE]
This is my first time viewing as well. I have absolutely no clue.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Aww why no $10 deal on DS1 for PS3? That sucks..[/QUOTE]
This may be a joke post? Otherwise I will bite...Where did you get that from? The ad states it IS $10 for PS3.

[quote name='UndyingForce']This is my first time viewing the Kmart Thread.
If I want Dead Space 2 for the 360, and I purchase it from Kmart on 1/25, I get a 1600 Point card? No coupon needed?[/QUOTE]
Check OP. Fairly self explanatory. I feel like I am doing Altanis's job now! :)

[quote name='sadboy']This is my first time viewing as well. I have absolutely no clue.[/QUOTE]
Good one!

After playing Two Worlds II for abit it's clear they didn't make enough improvements from Two Worlds.

The preorder "codes" also appear to be non-unique and are entered in-game.

sooo, i feel like it's going to be pretty unlikely that my kmart's have the cards laying around, as they are fairly unorganized.

I didn't see in the OP where it said anything about if they are not in stock or can't be found....

[quote name='guitarguy']sooo, i feel like it's going to be pretty unlikely that my kmart's have the cards laying around, as they are fairly unorganized.

I didn't see in the OP where it said anything about if they are not in stock or can't be found....[/QUOTE]
Should be noted underneath the Dead Space 2 offer.

[quote name='LordVila']After playing Two Worlds II for abit it's clear they didn't make enough improvements from Two Worlds.

The preorder "codes" also appear to be non-unique and are entered in-game.[/QUOTE]
In my office I have a few thousand unique codes.

[quote name='Altanis']How much more clear can he make it than "Buy ME2 between now and 2/12, get 50% off any other $59.99 game" and right below that have a note saying that ME2 will be on sale for $45 the week of Jan 30?

This isn't rocket science. People wouldn't be posting that you can get LBP2 half off and say that Josh said it would work if he hadn't.[/QUOTE]
I put Friday in the blog because there a lot of readers who are unaware of this thread and I wanted to make sure everything was all set. Atlantis is right in referencing my posts that it was actually fixed by Thursday. My apologies if this caused any confusion.

Josh, I didn't get a response from asking the other users earlier, but have you ever said whether Kmart will be stocking Radiant Historia, or will it be like Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and not be stocked because it's somewhat of a niche title?

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, I didn't get a response from asking the other users earlier, but have you ever said whether Kmart will be stocking Radiant Historia, or will it be like Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and not be stocked because it's somewhat of a niche title?[/QUOTE]
Your gut is correct, no Radiant Historia.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I should find out today or tomorrow which have been approved. Looking good![/QUOTE]

Great news, indeed. :)

I have MvC3 CE preordered at the Capcom store (comes with a free t-shirt) so I was wondering since I haven't seen any other offer as good as that one, is yours hot enough for me to cancel my preorder?

[quote name='worrybomb']Great news, indeed. :)

I have MvC3 CE preordered at the Capcom store (comes with a free t-shirt) so I was wondering since I haven't seen any other offer as good as that one, is yours hot enough for me to cancel my preorder?[/QUOTE]
Looking to hit 25k points on MvC3 :)

Josh, I apologize but I am not sure if this has been answered, I mean, I couldnt find an answer to this. I didnt see the free psn / xbl card offer with dead space 2 in sunday ad. I only ask because alot of the cashiers always look at the ad because they are clueless. Do I just take the card and the game to the cashier and let them ring it up and see what happens? Also, I can mix dead space 2 ps3 with a xbox live 1600 card, right?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In my office I have a few thousand unique codes.[/QUOTE]
I have this cool image of you sitting stoically like Brandon Lee in The Crow, just waiting to send people their codes. "A whole jolly club with jolly pirate nicknames!"

[quote name='wrencrest']Good one![/QUOTE]
If you say so.

I love when SHC starts zinging people who don't know what they're talking about. (He's just like one of us!!) Unfortunately he's an official rep and can't be seen smacking people down too often.

[quote name='sadboy']I have this cool image of you sitting stoically like Brandon Lee in The Crow, just waiting to send people their codes. "A whole jolly club with jolly pirate nicknames!"[/QUOTE]
:) If it works I'll just do it this way from now on!

[quote name='stopsign']Josh, I apologize but I am not sure if this has been answered, I mean, I couldnt find an answer to this. I didnt see the free psn / xbl card offer with dead space 2 in sunday ad. I only ask because alot of the cashiers always look at the ad because they are clueless. Do I just take the card and the game to the cashier and let them ring it up and see what happens? Also, I can mix dead space 2 ps3 with a xbox live 1600 card, right?[/QUOTE]
You can mix and match, yes. It will be in the blog this evening for the stores to reference. We gave it to them a week in advance so they should have signs and everything. It is an instant conditional offer so they have to ring them up together and then hit total and a deduction should appear. If it doesn't have them reference Kmartgamer.com as FEATURED in the circular and if they do not honor it feel free to purchase Dead Space 2 and email me with 100% certainty that I will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back