Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

My pleasure. I credit my extensive knowledge of that demonic campaign to my week long run with Cmart and Ivan. I picked up most of my repertoire from both of them (Glitches, corner melee, power shot, etc.). Feel free to send me an invite for the other two if you catch me online. Death Toll can be a royal pain in the ass though I wonder if they fixed the Jesus Rock glitch since the No Mercy room is still intact.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']My pleasure. I credit my extensive knowledge of that demonic campaign to my week long run with Cmart and Ivan. I picked up most of my repertoire from both of them (Glitches, corner melee, power shot, etc.). Feel free to send me an invite for the other two if you catch me online. Death Toll can be a royal pain in the ass though I wonder if they fixed the Jesus Rock glitch since the No Mercy room is still intact.[/QUOTE]

Jesus rock still works for sure, I have done it a few times since the patch. Only thing will be making it there which shouldn't be a problem since we were able to do it on Blood Harvest.

Yeah the rock still works. You just have to watch out for smokers in the water behind you. I'm just working on my Zombie Genocidist now but shoot me an invite if you need help.

if you see me on I'll be more then happy to help with expert, just shoot me a request and if your not already a friend just let me know your from CAG

Nice. True... but you have to admit the game took pity on us during the finale. Four pipe bombs and three gas tanks on BH Expert? Clearly a sign that God loves us. >_>

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Nice. True... but you have to admit the game took pity on us during the finale. Four pipe bombs and three gas tanks on BH Expert? Clearly a sign that God loves us. >_>[/QUOTE]
Wow. The director must have been making it up to you for the crazy "easy" game we had.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Nice. True... but you have to admit the game took pity on us during the finale. Four pipe bombs and three gas tanks on BH Expert? Clearly a sign that God loves us. >_>[/QUOTE]

I think the AI Director took pity upon us after he repeatedly raped us on Chapter 3. Thank God we were able to get through that. Thank you very much for the help!!! Finally done with What Are You Trying To Prove? but I am more than willing to help others with Expert campaign or just play for fun. I love me some L4D!

Agreed, we got very lucky. Maybe since we didn't have the dashboard glitch to work with they felt sorry for us.

[quote name='cmart05']I saw you guys on and was about to join but I decided to watch the game. Made the wrong choice lol[/QUOTE]

We actually ended up getting another friend of Cleaner7's in there to play, so we didn't have to deal with the AI. I was expecting much worse on Blood Harvest honestly, I think we lucked out a lot on everything except chapter 3.

First and foremost I've got to thank Badkins and Cheese Sandwich for helping me slay the savage beast that is Safety First. The AI Director can kiss my pristine black ass. God... I hated boosting for that damn achievement.

[quote name='Kevlar281']Wow. The director must have been making it up to you for the crazy "easy" game we had.[/QUOTE]

Word... I almost fell asleep from utter boredom. If only the AI Director had somehow spiced things up. You know maybe glitched out of nowhere confusing 'easy' with 'expert' and started spawning a gang of tanks at once or threw in legion after legion of unexpectedly strategic horde spawns! Ooh! How about a witch that doesn't die after three auto shotgun blasts to the face at point blank range! Wicked!

Oh man... that would have made my night.

Oh wait... that's not possible on the lowest difficulty setting is it? :roll:

...I swear this game is self aware on a much greater scope than intended and ridiculous occasions like those reestablish my fears of some moron transferring L4D's AI Director into something much more mobile and sinister.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I think the AI Director took pity upon us after he repeatedly raped us on Chapter 3. Thank God we were able to get through that. Thank you very much for the help!!! Finally done with What Are You Trying To Prove? but I am more than willing to help others with Expert campaign or just play for fun. I love me some L4D![/QUOTE]

Heh, I was more than happy to help. I just rarely get invites these days. Contrary to popular belief I would LOVE any excuse to ditch my Gears 2 obsessed friends to play something else. Again if anyone needs an extra player and you see me online just shout me out. If can't make it I'll let you know asap.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Agreed, we got very lucky. Maybe since we didn't have the dashboard glitch to work with they felt sorry for us.[/QUOTE]

The director is a rather strange mistress to say the least. Who knows? Maybe my prayer to the almighty corner melee gods before we started the campaign were answered after all?

[quote name='cmart05']I saw you guys on and was about to join but I decided to watch the game. Made the wrong choice lol[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Why didn't you join in man? We could have used your expertise! ;(

At the very least I do hope you enjoyed the show. Feel free to grade my leadership skills kthx. I'm curious. ;P

Your leadership skills were very good to say the least IMO. Like I said, I doubt we could have done that without you there helping us. The only thing that was giving us trouble really was chapter 3, the rest we were able to do in a couple tries at most.

My xbox live is running out in about a week and I haven't played this game in awhile so if anyone wants to send me a friend request that'd be great. If not, I'll try messaging a few people who post to see if they'll play. Thanks
XBOX LIVE: ACLS LIVE

I made it to the finale on Blood Harvest on expert a couple nights ago with some randoms on Xbox live. Unfortunately, after a couple hours of failed attempts, we had to throw in the towel. I have this nagging urge to beat the damn campaign now. Anybody else still working on it?

I'd be willing to help you out after work. I get off at 11pm EST but if you need some players feel free to send me a request.

After taking a break (fiancee in town), I'll be back on starting tonight. Anyone who needs any kind of help, add or message me and I'll do what I can to help anyone out.

as always I'm adding myself to the helping others list. I should be on tonight play vs. but don't let that stop you from sending me are request, I actually prefer the campaign.

not a problem slim, when playing VS. and dont have enough to fill the room I just go down my list looking to see who is playing. Not a thang at all.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']i need some help completing a few achievements. Stomach upset, nothing special and untouchables.[/QUOTE]

Stomach upset and untouchables aren't too bad. Nothing special can take a while though :D

I'll be on from probably 6-9:30 PST or so. I can help if you need it.

I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY VERSUS.

If you see me online and you're going to play versus seriously, invite me, because there's a 100% chance my teammates are

1) playing music
2) talking like they are swallowing a bushel of cotton
3) running into open fields alone
4) running ahead with no regard to whether teammates get incapped

[quote name='Anexanhume']I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY VERSUS.

If you see me online and you're going to play versus seriously, invite me, because there's a 100% chance my teammates are

1) playing music
2) talking like they are swallowing a bushel of cotton
3) running into open fields alone
4) running ahead with no regard to whether teammates get incapped[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. "Let me run ahead all the way and never look back". Guy gets jumped, and gone. Sigh.

Just a head's up, I'm currently trying to play the game, anyway I can, but I'm pretty green.

If anyone's looking to just relax and have fun, going through campaigns or Versus, then send me an invite.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Just a head's up, I'm currently trying to play the game, anyway I can, but I'm pretty green.

If anyone's looking to just relax and have fun, going through campaigns or Versus, then send me an invite.[/QUOTE]

I just got the game today, just been playing the single player trying to get the feel for the game, so I"m really green. I'll send you an invite next time I'm on.

Also anyone else who wants to play send me an invite.

Holy shit, tried a couple rounds of expert tonight for the first time in a while and GOD DAMN it's hard. I think I'll just stick to versus or advanced forever.

[quote name='sotc1988']Holy shit, tried a couple rounds of expert tonight for the first time in a while and GOD DAMN it's hard. I think I'll just stick to versus or advanced forever.[/QUOTE]

Against a good team, versus can be harder.

[quote name='Pecan']Got bored on midnight club and did something more lucrative with my time :D

[/QUOTE]
hilarious

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just picked this up tonight for $12.48 at Target. If anyone wants to play a few, add me.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's a very good price. Really wish I hadn't bought it for $40 at gamestop... just saw it for $35 at Target and the $13 price, man...

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Wow, that's a very good price. Really wish I hadn't bought it for $40 at gamestop... just saw it for $35 at Target and the $13 price, man...[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I was just as stunned that they still had a copy for that price. I wish it had been the PC version, but for $12.48, I can't complain.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just picked this up tonight for $12.48 at Target. If anyone wants to play a few, add me.[/QUOTE]

Just picked it up from the Target clearance as well. Came to this thread looking for 4 partners. I'll send you a friend request. Anyone else looking for a partner can send me an invite and just mention CAG. Thanks!

Set in a modern day survival-horror universe, the co-operative gameplay
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I'm trying to beat my first campaign with the pisol only so I can get that achievement. I've completed the first chapter and was able to reach the safehouse. I enjoyed it, however, am I missing out by not using the shotgun or the machine gun? Should I wait until after I have beat the game to try for this achievement? I want to enjoy the game to the fullest, so I thought that I'd get some feedback from the L4D veterans.

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']I'm trying to beat my first campaign with the pisol only so I can get that achievement. I've completed the first chapter and was able to reach the safehouse. I enjoyed it, however, am I missing out by not using the shotgun or the machine gun? Should I wait until after I have beat the game to try for this achievement? I want to enjoy the game to the fullest, so I thought that I'd get some feedback from the L4D veterans.[/QUOTE]

That is an easy achievement if you have 3 people with you. Play through the game and enjoy it, also it can be done solo.

Just add my gt if anyone is looking to add players.

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']I'm trying to beat my first campaign with the pisol only so I can get that achievement. I've completed the first chapter and was able to reach the safehouse. I enjoyed it, however, am I missing out by not using the shotgun or the machine gun? Should I wait until after I have beat the game to try for this achievement? I want to enjoy the game to the fullest, so I thought that I'd get some feedback from the L4D veterans.[/QUOTE]

The joy is in how you play the game. Doing a run-through doing it one way is not going to devalue the experience a particular level has for replayability.

glad to see people still playing
got my xbox fixed
im still gonna do the rest of the cheesements
but just borrowed some games from a friend...so been putting l4d off
let me kno if u wanna do experts on campaign...dont have any of them done..thx

bread's done
Back