LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, noticed all the multiple Toys R Us deals going on this week, the question is, is it possible to combine them for maximum effect? I.e. $15 off $50 Lego purchase plus the bonus $5 off plus at least one free fig (I think Thor is the current one)?

Spotted series 8 today in TRU. They had 2 boxes that I saw. Both had been picked through but between me and a friend (and 37 figures purchased) we only need 2 alien emperors and a diver for us both to have complete sets. Both should be easy finds with feeling for figures next time.

[quote name='crowbb']Spotted series 8 today in TRU. They had 2 boxes that I saw. Both had been picked through but between me and a friend (and 37 figures purchased) we only need 2 alien emperors and a diver for us both to have complete sets. Both should be easy finds with feeling for figures next time.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the item number for these?

[quote name='FadeToOne']So what's to prevent me from going to TRU repeatedly and getting 2 minifigures for like 2 bucks using the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Only one coupon per computer.

[quote name='180husher']Only one coupon per computer.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're using Google Chrome Incognito, one of any number of methods to generate multiple unique coupon codes...:D

$15 off $50 plus $5 off* plus free minifigs for every $20 spent* = win

* = assuming you can get the cashier to apply and combine these deals

You can also get another $5 off coupon through shopkick on your phone.

If you don't have shopkick you can download it here: http://get.shopkick.com/chlorine1643 That is a referral link but I only get 50 points which isn't much in the grand scheme of things but every little bit helps and I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='180husher']Only one coupon per computer.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had an issue repeatedly bringing up the printout... hadn't realized the barcode changes though.

I use chrome, but no incognito or anything.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I haven't had an issue repeatedly bringing up the printout... hadn't realized the barcode changes though.

I use chrome, but no incognito or anything.[/QUOTE]

So the same barcode went through on the register just fine? Did you try using multiple coupons in a single transaction? I'm considering trying to get multiple sets in one purchase to meet the $50 criteria and use a $5 off coupon on each item as well, though I'm sure that would be a huge YMMV.

I've gotten a few free polybags (Frodo, Mia Friends, Anakin PodRacer), unfortunately no store in LA/SoCal appears to have the TRU exclusive Funhouse in stock, which is my main target this week using this coupon and the $15 off $50. The other exclusives are a bit too "meh" or overpriced (like the train sets) in my opinion.

Tempted to get the desert skiff, but $29.99 for that set? Come on...

[quote name='karkyco']So the same barcode went through on the register just fine? Did you try using multiple coupons in a single transaction? I'm considering trying to get multiple sets in one purchase to meet the $50 criteria and use a $5 off coupon on each item as well, though I'm sure that would be a huge YMMV.

I've gotten a few free polybags (Frodo, Mia Friends, Anakin PodRacer), unfortunately no store in LA/SoCal appears to have the TRU exclusive Funhouse in stock, which is my main target this week using this coupon and the $15 off $50. The other exclusives are a bit too "meh" or overpriced (like the train sets) in my opinion.

Tempted to get the desert skiff, but $29.99 for that set? Come on...[/QUOTE]

I haven't gone to the store or anything... was just commenting on how silly it is to have a $5 off any purchase with no real restrictions (other than the "one per customer") restriction it lists. So you shouldn't be able to use more than one in a transaction, or else they would basically just be giving everything away free.

But since I seem to be able to print multiple copies with different barcodes, it seems theoretically possible that I could just go in and out repeatedly and use them (I suspect the employees would stop you if you got the same person).

Does Lego not mail out their catalogs any longer? I don't think I've gotten once since the end of last year. I was enjoying those 10% off coupons...

I used the $15 coupon yesterday and the $5 coupon. I made sure to give the $15 coupon first, because it deducts $15 from the set (I only purchased one set). I didn't want to take the chance of using the $5 coupon and dropping the value under $50, which would make the $15 coupon useless. I was able to get the new Seaside House for $35 with the two coupons. Also got a free minifigure out of it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Does Lego not mail out their catalogs any longer? I don't think I've gotten once since the end of last year. I was enjoying those 10% off coupons...[/QUOTE]

i got the summer catalog. it has lotr on the cover. no coupon on the back.
i may have missed a few catalogue, idk. i went to the lego website and requested one.

Went to use my $5 TRU coupon today, no Series 8. Ended up getting the LOTR polybag, a DS travel case and a Regular Show Mordecai action figure for about $9 after coupon.

[quote name='Max Power']Is there a coupon you are suppose to print to get the $15 off $50? Might head to TRU tomorrow and try to use both coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I thought it was just a regular promo until I read that somebody in here used a coupon. Just go to toysrus.com and click on the weekly ad link. Then find the Lego section of the ad and click on it to print the coupon.

[quote name='180husher']Yes, I thought it was just a regular promo until I read that somebody in here used a coupon. Just go to toysrus.com and click on the weekly ad link. Then find the Lego section of the ad and click on it to print the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, is the Thor poly suppose to be in store too?

I was able to use both the $15 and the $5 coupons at the same time in store. Picked up the City of Atlantis for $36 and got a free Series 8 minifig.

Not a big haul but from Walmart clearance I got - Agent Maters escape, Ivan Mater, Safari building set, police building set and a minifigure case

[quote name='El Rey']Not a big haul but from Walmart clearance I got - Agent Maters escape, Ivan Mater, Safari building set, police building set and a minifigure case[/QUOTE]

What kind of discount? 30% off or 50% off?

So I called customer service today about the coupon not showing up and it was pulled due to "technical difficulties" .. What a bunch of bull .. If anybody was able to print an extra coupon or two and can scan it to my email I would greatly appreciate it .. Just send me a PM .. Thanks

[quote name='brotterr']So I called customer service today about the coupon not showing up and it was pulled due to "technical difficulties" .. What a bunch of bull .. If anybody was able to print an extra coupon or two and can scan it to my email I would greatly appreciate it .. Just send me a PM .. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well, that could be the reason I couldn't find it. Total bs!

[quote name='180husher']What kind of discount? 30% off or 50% off?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much the original prices were, they just had the basic clearance price tag stickers on them, I 'm assuming probably 30% as it seems thats what its been everywhere. The safari and police sets were $7 each, minifigure case was $2.50, Ivan Mater was $5 and Agent Maters escape was $11

[quote name='Max Power']Where do you get the $5 off coupon? I clicked on the link in my email and it doesn't take me to it. It is suppose to be good til today.[/QUOTE]

It seems to have disappeared/no longer available. I had it up on my phone on tuesday and today I went to pull it up and its gone even though the coupon was valid until today. I've checked and a lot of people have run into the same thing with no explanation from TRU

[quote name='Max Power']So is there anything worth getting that works out to be a deal with the 15 off 50 coupon?[/QUOTE]

The new creator seaside house would be around $35 .. I think I'll bite on that today

The tru store supposedly had 2 thor polys. Of course I couldn't find any. Tried to convince the clerk to substitute the frodo poly. He wouldn't do it. Ended up getting the Republic Striker and Frodo poly for $42.

Is there a place to get the Monster Fighters polybags other than eBay? (Ghost 30201 & Zombie Coffin Car 30200)

They're the exact two minifigs I'd like to buy but I never heard of them releasing in the U.S. I'm hoping something happens around Halloween.

[quote name='Kerig']Is there a place to get the Monster Fighters polybags other than eBay? (Ghost 30201 & Zombie Coffin Car 30200)

They're the exact two minifigs I'd like to buy but I never heard of them releasing in the U.S. I'm hoping something happens around Halloween.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that Target will have these and CMF Series 8 in their Halloween section. They usually have polybags in their Halloween and Xmas section.

My Tower Bridge arrived today. So many bags for that set.

Picked up series 8 - cheerleader, diver, cowgirl, dj, football player and skier

FYI - apparently (according to a member at another board) the TRU $15 off $50 purchase will work for minifigs even though the coupon says its for construction sets. Gonna give it a shot when I go back to pick up more this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us has been a bit of a disappointment this week - no Batman Funhouse Escape sets anywhere in SoCal and unable to order it online make the $15off$50 coupon all but useless for me, not to mention none of the stores again had the Thor or Batman polybags left despite a couple of nearby stores showing at least the Batman poly as being in stock and again unable to order them. I did get a couple of the Frodos and other polybags as well as blind packs from series 6-8 for free thanks to the $5 coupon.

Took a couple of pics at the Target near me of this to share with you folks, some dirtbag thief popped out or cut open the side of those plastic/acrylic display cases with the Marvel and DC minifig display and took all he/she could probably reach. The bum(s) apparently couldn't get Thor and the Hulk.

4CA3C3EC-BEFA-4B61-B435-2F1654313652-850-0000017042DEACE7.jpg

08F7DBE1-6F35-4708-8BD7-FC5BD7CFE4F1-850-000001703B56A53B.jpg

Just got all 16 of series 8 at TRU. With the $15 0ff $50 coupon it was $43 for the lot. $2.55 per fig. Not bad!

This series must be easy to feel--either that or I'm getting better at it. I only missed one fig (got two Conquistadors, I felt the armor and guessed it was the Football player--I don't mind, the Conquistador is REALLY nice--possibly the secret best of the bunch--after the diver.)

I predict the Diver is going to be hardest to get. Not only is he the most prominent on the box--and the most interesting, but you can feel that HUGE helmet in a second. You can almost SEE which packet the Diver is in. Get him while you can. (I'd like a small army of them myself--or at least a team of, say, five...)

[quote name='cassidyarch']Just got all 16 of series 8 at TRU. With the $15 0ff $50 coupon it was $43 for the lot. $2.55 per fig. Not bad!

This series must be easy to feel--either that or I'm getting better at it. I only missed one fig (got two Conquistadors, I felt the armor and guessed it was the Football player--I don't mind, the Conquistador is REALLY nice--possibly the secret best of the bunch--after the diver.)

I predict the Diver is going to be hardest to get. Not only is he the most prominent on the box--and the most interesting, but you can feel that HUGE helmet in a second. You can almost SEE which packet the Diver is in. Get him while you can. (I'd like a small army of them myself--or at least a team of, say, five...)[/QUOTE]

I bought 16 from TRU with a bunch of $5 coupon over a few days. I was rushing and grabbed 4 at random because they were at the front desk. Now I have 2 cheerleaders, man-bat, alien, and cowgirl as extras. Need actor, Conquistador, robot, diver, and Santa which are basically the ones I want the most.

[quote name='TheHelix']Got a 20% off coupon in my e-mail today, gonna hit up TRU when the traffic dies down.[/QUOTE]

Be nice if that would stack with the $15 off coupon but it seems to indicate it wouldn't. 20% barely covers the markup.

So I bought a jabba's palace at a target and the 6 of the 10 minifigures had been stolen including jabba and now target does not want to give me my money back .. Is this something Lego support would be willing to help me on?

[quote name='brotterr']So I bought a jabba's palace at a target and the 6 of the 10 minifigures had been stolen including jabba and now target does not want to give me my money back .. Is this something Lego support would be willing to help me on?[/QUOTE]

Certainly, but they will most likely have you send a copy of your receipt and some details about the set, such as some alphanumeric code printed somewhere on the instruction manual. Call them up and explain the situation.

[quote name='brotterr']So I bought a jabba's palace at a target and the 6 of the 10 minifigures had been stolen including jabba and now target does not want to give me my money back .. Is this something Lego support would be willing to help me on?[/QUOTE]

Well they should give the money back!

I've had this happen a few times with sets bought at Target. Each time I've used the online missing brick service at Lego's site and they've replaced everything I was missing without question and without requiring proof of purchase.

The worst was the City Bank set. Some low life had swiped the first instruction book, the stickers, and all of the pieces from the first bag. The empty and torn bag was actually still in the box. Not sure how they did it, as it appeared factory sealed. Anyway, Lego sent me all of the missing pieces, the missing instruction book, but no stickers. I wasn't gonna complain about the stickers especially since my kids didn't care the stickers were missing. In that case I actually sent them an email since I didn't have the part numbers (because the instruction book was also missing).

It's gotten really bad around here with the Lego theft too. I have to check the seals on everything before I buy because there are usually several on the shelves that have had stuff stolen out of them. At one point on one of those Star Wars troop builder packs I found about a dozen in the area with all the stormtroopers stolen out of them before I finally found one that was still sealed.

Happens quite frequently at my store just the same. Anytime I know I'm going to get something, I will take one out the case as it comes off our truck and just sit on it til I want to purchase it. Checking seals just isn't good enough sometimes. Some sets I've seen returned at my store have been opened at the cardboard seam, the pieces taken out and replaced with bags of misc junk pieces and then the box is glued back together, all without the stickers on the outside being touched.

Also, just wait until stores start stocking the advent calendars. My store got both the city and Star Wars on Friday. The three Star Wars ones we got were already opened and missing the Santa Darth Maul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back