Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I got a shrinkwrapped copy too... what's the deal here (as you can tell, I don't open my copies)?
According to a post from LRG earlier today on Facebook, most copies were shrinkwrapped and only a few cases arrived with Y Fold wrap. It's still an official Sony seal even if it does look a bit sloppy.

According to a post from LRG earlier today on Facebook, most copies were shrinkwrapped and only a few cases arrived with Y Fold wrap. It's still an official Sony seal even if it does look a bit sloppy.
I guess the "T-Fold" copies will be going for a premium now uh? Especially if they are very rare. I can't wait to see the secondary market mark up, should be rather entertaining. LOL

Got my Firewatch/Oddworld order in today.  Oddworld was not the blue variant (was crossing my fingers!) and Firewatch was one of those cheap shrinkwrapping jobs.  Double disappointment!  Oh well - better luck next time!

I've always been paranoid about this cheap shrink wrap mainly because I can't even count how many times I've bought games from Amazon or ebay where I got games with this kinda shrink wrap and turns out they were gutted and resealed to look like new. Which to me qualifies as fraud.

Did the LRG trading thread got deleted? I cannot find it.

Also,

[H]

PayPal ($100+)

[W]

Breach and Clear vita

Oddworld New N Tasty vita

I've always been paranoid about this cheap shrink wrap mainly because I can't even count how many times I've bought games from Amazon or ebay where I got games with this kinda shrink wrap and turns out they were gutted and resealed to look like new. Which to me qualifies as fraud.
Actually why no one will buy that and not complain. When i see that seal i know it was repackaged by someone claiming it was "New". I dont know why its happening with LRG but as far as sellers on ebay i dont trust them.

The heat seal is totally legit and was received from the Sony factory that way. It wasn't specified by us and we would have avoided it like the plague, given the chance. Nothing has been resealed and all contents will be present.

I don't have an actual count but I'd say only about 600/700 copies were Y-Fold. :(

I bought MKXL for PS4 at Best Buy during Black Friday. Shipped to me as in those resealed shrinkwrap. I inspected the game with the seal, it has some scratches and dirt. So it is definitely used and resealed. Returned to Best Buy and told them about it. They dont seem to care. got my money back.

The heat seal is totally legit and was received from the Sony factory that way. It wasn't specified by us and we would have avoided it like the plague, given the chance. Nothing has been resealed and all contents will be present.

I don't have an actual count but I'd say only about 600/700 copies were Y-Fold. :(
Yeah, not all games have y-fold. Shadow Warrior for PS4 had the shrink wrap, and newer Wolfenstein copies without the Doom demo were like that. It happens every once in a while. It's usually with games bundled with an artbook right out of the factory or something, because the traditional y-fold won't fit extra items in the packaging.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good lord, ebay is littered with the heat shrink ones. Guess I'm lucky to have gotten the normal Y fold.

I do hate these PS4 cases.  Firewatch is my first LRG disc with a floater, which I care less about than creased artwork.  Still not sure if creases in the artwork are happening when it's inserted, shrinkwrapped, or during shipping.   It's not terrible, but I hate seeing it.  It's so great that the PS4 cases have those circular indentations around the hub that often end up leaving their mark on the rear cover art, which I assume gets pressed in to that gap at some point.  That is so common, though.  Nothing to be done about it as long as those cases have to be used.

I do hate these PS4 cases. Firewatch is my first LRG disc with a floater, which I care less about than creased artwork. Still not sure if creases in the artwork are happening when it's inserted, shrinkwrapped, or during shipping. It's not terrible, but I hate seeing it. It's so great that the PS4 cases have those circular indentations around the hub that often end up leaving their mark on the rear cover art, which I assume gets pressed in to that gap at some point. That is so common, though. Nothing to be done about it as long as those cases have to be used.
It's pretty easy to fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mieqiv2K8sc

Plenty of other vids show you how to fix loose discs but I've found that this is the only one that works 100% of the time for me.

Also, I'd like to say that in the dozen or so PS4 games I've gotten from LRG, not a single one has been a floater.:D

I think I worded my post wrong, I only want to trade one copy not both. I can obviously buy one but would rather attempt to trade with the community first.
I don't think his post was referring to 2 copies, but that fact that you want to trade a new sealed copy, for a new sealed copy(of the same exact game). LOL

Thanks for posting this... My copy of Firewatch (PS4) looks like bootleg, I thought somebody opened this. The first thing I did was to compare Firewatch with previous LRG sealed PS4 games and yep, Firewatch looks like a bootleg. With the only PS4 sealed game looks like this, it kind robbed me of the joy of having every LRG games in pristine condition.

I'm just hoping no one starts a discussion on Y-fold variants... That's just messed up (I'm not watching the fire on eBay for this Y-variant, it's too much for me).

It's pretty easy to fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mieqiv2K8sc

Plenty of other vids show you how to fix loose discs but I've found that this is the only one that works 100% of the time for me.

Also, I'd like to say that in the dozen or so PS4 games I've gotten from LRG, not a single one has been a floater. :D
I got two floaters and yes, I fixed them that way... This video is a lot shorter than the first one, but yeah, it's super easy. I boosted about this in the other thread until my friend asked me to fix a steelbook floater, dick.... (He trolled me). And yes, there are steelbook floaters, I'm pretty sure not from bad cases like the Sony PS4 cases, but shits happen.

Now you guys have to get both versions of Firewatch including both the Y-fold version and shrink wrapped variant in order to have a complete collection.

I seriously hope this triggers someone's OCD.

fingers crossed that Sony will make some effort to prevent the heat seal method in the future
Yeah, just like they made the effort to fix the cases to prevent loose discs.

... Oh wait.

Thanks for posting this... My copy of Firewatch (PS4) looks like bootleg, I thought somebody opened this. The first thing I did was to compare Firewatch with previous LRG sealed PS4 games and yep, Firewatch looks like a bootleg. With the only PS4 sealed game looks like this, it kind robbed me of the joy of having every LRG games in pristine condition.

I'm just hoping no one starts a discussion on Y-fold variants... That's just messed up (I'm not watching the fire on eBay for this Y-variant, it's too much for me).
This reminds of something from the PS2 days. Almost every PS2 game I got is y-fold sealed, except the ones that included some time of bonus inside the case. Off the top of my head, I remember Xenosaga 3 w/ the BBY lenticular cover which shrink wrapped and I think there was at least one other game. I imgine the normal process is best for game disc inside case and then sealed. Maybe the inclusion of the map changed that process?

Aqua kitty confirmed this month.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/816778297241726977

LRG forum speculation has guessed oxenfree and curses n chaos for the other two.

Edit : there's supposed to be a twitter link there but I'm too stupid to computer I guess.

Aqua Kitty is the SHIT!

Another great game I can now delete off my Vita, and make room for more digital only titles. Thanks again LRG.

How fast do the games usually last?

Do I need to be online the moment they are available?

Or just the day they are live?

Wanna be prepared if they are selling a game I want.

Always better to be safe instead of sorry.

Personally, I plan my breaks on Fridays around LRG releases and if all else fails I fake my period starting.

It depends.. I try to be on the site a few minutes prior to the games going live and I've had good luck. If you're new to limited run games I would suggest you set up an account with them prior to the sale and many people including myself use PayPal for the purchase.

Personally, I plan my breaks on Fridays around LRG releases and if all else fails I fake my period starting.
I try to do the same thing, less the period thing, I usually leave the building to minimize the chances of me getting interrupted trying to buy games.

I have to ask, so what happens when there are 2-3 releases in the month, do you have 2 or more periods? Or do you have plan "B" once you have already used that excuse once, so that way no one catches on? LOL

Poor kids always ridicule folks with expendable income... it's so passé. The new cool is being dumb and hating on experts.

bread's done
Back