Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved BC:ReArmed and I bought it for full price. To each his own, I guess. The controls were a major improvement over the NES game, while still maintaining the same feel.

[quote name='sadboy']One reviewer suggested that since the game doesn't require the use of quarters, it sort of diminishes the element of frustration or satisfaction when playing. I imagine, what if Microsoft requires the equivalent of quarters in Microsoft Points to play? T'would be glorious![/QUOTE]

You can do that in the "Game Room" on XBLA. The games cost 240 points to own or 40 points for each play. I believe they only have old Atari games on there, though.

[quote name='eugaet']They won't send you a code, it'll just add the purchase to your XBL account and then start downloading it after you attach your XBL account to your 360 and take it online.

EDIT: I bought Castle Crashers back in December through Xbox.com and my 360 hadn't even been taken out of the box yet. I set up my account on Xbox.com. Now that I think about it, I can't recall if I had to type in the console serial number or not when I set it up, though. So you might have to at least enter the S/N.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. So far so good (though I couldn't buy Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, or Trials HD due to my not being able to upgrade my account to Gold- waiting on my 12 Month Membership card from Amazon for $29.99). I ordered three 1600 Cards from Amazon ($16.54 each), but knew I wouldn't get them before the sale ended. As a result, I bought 1600 points for $19.99 from the Xbox Marketplace website, and bought Castlevania: SOTN (400 points), Zombie Apocalypse (400 points), and Castle Crashers (800 points- no point in waiting for it to hit PSN now- would probably be $14.99 anyway).

I absolutely love Xbox 360, and I haven't even received my console yet! ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']And Vandal Hearts? Well, I'm debating whether to pull the trigger on that myself...[/QUOTE]
I think Vandal Hearts is worth the 800 points. Granted, I would have preferred to wait for a better sale price, but strictly speaking in terms of the game play, it feels like a Vandal Hearts game in a sentimental, dramatic sort of way. It just lacks the polish or pizazz of more epic turn-based strategy RPGs.

[quote name='Zbornak']You can do that in the "Game Room" on XBLA. The games cost 240 points to own or 40 points for each play. I believe they only have old Atari games on there, though.[/QUOTE]
Wait. The Atari games cost 240 to own? I can see paying very small increments to play games that are worth playing but not quite worth buying. TMNT: 1989 Arcade is definitely one that's on the cusp of deserving to be bought. And by virtue of that, once you own the game, it doesn't quite feel the same as when the majority of youths played the actual arcade game from yesteryear.

I really wish they would update their UI. Right now this is kind of false advertising here being that these games are now back to full price, yet they still have that advertisement up that the sale is still on going.

IMG00068-20100621-0715.jpg

What I really wish they'd do is improve how you select a game you've downloaded. I really hate the current system. I sometimes forget I even have a game because it's buried away. I wish there were something like the Wii's dashboard (or whatever it's called), that you could arrange however you want. Maybe there is and I'm just unaware of it?

[quote name='crunchewy']What I really wish they'd do is improve how you select a game you've downloaded. I really hate the current system. I sometimes forget I even have a game because it's buried away. I wish there were something like the Wii's dashboard (or whatever it's called), that you could arrange however you want. Maybe there is and I'm just unaware of it?[/QUOTE]

My xbox -> Game Library - > Arcade games.

[quote name='jd10984']Also is there a RISK game on there? (my dad loved risk back on sega and playing it again would make his day)[/QUOTE]
Didn't see where anyone answered this, but Risk Factions comes out tomorrow for 800 points! I'm pretty excited. I have Risk on my computer, and the high schoolers in my youth group have been coming over to my house non-stop to play this game lately. Nothing can beat playing it in person with people(alliances ftw!) but I enjoy it on my computer also.
Plus, in Risk Factions, the armies are all kinds of different things, like Zombie armies and stuff. Should be a good time.

I may have to take the plunge on Bionic Rearmed at that price.... anyone have a quick review that may sway me in the right direction?

I bite on trials Hd (loved the Demo a year ago) ,Explosion Man, Castlevania SoN and yesterday at 11:55 PM i was debating in getting TMNT:turtles in Time and nostagia won (after seeing Toy Story 3 i missed my TMNT action figures) and got it to.......

[quote name='seanr1221']My xbox -> Game Library - > Arcade games.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but that's not what I was asking for, and it includes all demos, etc. The organization of download games on the 360 sucks big time. I'd like to see that improved. I'm hoping something will be done in the next major update, which hopefully is sooner rather then later.

I tried the Banjo Tooie demo and it reminded me of why I've disliked most 3D platformers. I played the thing for 15 minutes and just spent the entire time learning the ridiculous number of moves, and then not having any fun at all with them. I know the game has its fans, and maybe if I gave it more time I'd see the light, but I sure didn't see the light in the 15 minutes or so I played.

Also tried Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Seemed pretty fun, but I can't decide on it. Incidentally, why is this game rated M? I didn't see anything particularly M-like so far.

Only other thing I want to try out is Magic. My kids are into Pokemon (the card game) now, and so I've been playing that with them and I'm finding it actually pretty fun, so now I'm curious about Magic.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Thanks for the info. So far so good (though I couldn't buy Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, or Trials HD due to my not being able to upgrade my account to Gold- waiting on my 12 Month Membership card from Amazon for $29.99). I ordered three 1600 Cards from Amazon ($16.54 each), but knew I wouldn't get them before the sale ended. As a result, I bought 1600 points for $19.99 from the Xbox Marketplace website, and bought Castlevania: SOTN (400 points), Zombie Apocalypse (400 points), and Castle Crashers (800 points- no point in waiting for it to hit PSN now- would probably be $14.99 anyway).

I absolutely love Xbox 360, and I haven't even received my console yet! ;)[/QUOTE]

The only thing is I think you're now screwed out of your free month of Gold. I made my gamertag via the web at the suggestion of a friend, and then I never saw a free 1 month membership. I think you only get that if you sign up on the console, or any case I sure didn't get it.

[quote name='crunchewy']
Only other thing I want to try out is Magic. My kids are into Pokemon (the card game) now, and so I've been playing that with them and I'm finding it actually pretty fun, so now I'm curious about Magic.[/QUOTE]

don't know about pokemon cuz i never played it-

i bought this and i really really liked it-real fun-the more you play obvioulsy the more you understand your cards-n those of your opponent=while learning how to match up your cards-unlock other cards-n create strategies-

ive got about 15-arcade games-and this has to be one of the best ones-great replay value

Is sensible world of soccer still broken? I know back when it was released there was a huge bug in it, and afaik there was no intention to fix it.

[quote name='youenvy']ne 1 out there with 80 extra points-i would say to try out the impossible game-as its pretty fun-people who come over really like playing this game-its a hard game but very easy to play-may not look like much but its pretty damn fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATYgqchI0pY[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo and then passed on it, but then I ended up buying it for the iPhone and I liked it. Mind you, it is a 99 cent game. You aren't going to get a lot of play out of it, but it's certainly entertaining while it lasts. Well, I guess if you're really going to try to beat the thing without checkpoints it would last you a long time, but you'd probably pull all your hair out before it was over. If it was ever over.

Puzzle Quest 2 Official Release Date - June 30th. Announced it via Facebook.

We have an XBLA launch date! We will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade on June 30th for 1200 Microsoft Points. Learn about the game in our exclusive review on IGN.com. Puzzle Quest 2 is an Editors' Choice Award recipient and received a 9 out of 10! But don't forget to get your PQ2 fix with a DS copy available tomorrow...

I tried the demo for Banjo Tooie... imo, it hasn't aged well at all, and even at $10 I'm going to pass. I really just couldn't get into any aspect of it.

Magic is a lot of fun for $5, and it's a pretty unique experience compared to everything else on XBLA (or 360) so I'll probably snag it.

[quote name='Revixe06']Puzzle Quest 2 Official Release Date - June 30th. Announced it via Facebook.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll update

The only game I'm still considering from this sale is Vandal Hearts. Just bought Crystal Defenders today and decided over the weekend I wouldn't buy CV:SOTN because I can get it from the Konami Classics disc which also has Super Contra :)

FYI: Madden NFL Arcade will not see a second release this year. There have decided instead to update the rosters. More for your buck I guess?

I was going to buy Bomberman Live until I read that there is going to be a new game called Bomberman Live: Battlefest, and it looks exactly like Bomberman Live, so I think I'll just wait for the new one.

[quote name='polo14player']Contra trial demo sucks!! The controls are horrible!! Even for 240 points! Anybody agree?[/QUOTE]
contra on a hd tv is horrible you can't even really maximize the screen
but the controls are contra not sure what you were expecting

[quote name='crunchewy']The only thing is I think you're now screwed out of your free month of Gold. I made my gamertag via the web at the suggestion of a friend, and then I never saw a free 1 month membership. I think you only get that if you sign up on the console, or any case I sure didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Hopefully if I don't get the 1 Month Free I can still go ahead and upgrade my Silver to Gold for $1 (good enough for me). In a perfect world I'd get my free month, let it expire, then upgrade for a 2nd month for $1. I'd then apply the 12 Month Card to my account, meaning a whopping 14 Months of Gold for $30.99. :applause:

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Save yourself some money and buy Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, which includes all these games plus numerous other classics (Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Altered Beast, Streets of Rage, etc.).[/QUOTE]

PHANTASY STAR IV ALL THE WAY BABY!

Isn't sonic and knuckles the problem? Doesn't come with it on disc or something, and in that case you couldn't play it with the ones off the collection? I forget.

Yeah the collection rocks besides the little hiccup I can't quite remember though.

[quote name='Vortextk']PHANTASY STAR IV ALL THE WAY BABY!

Isn't sonic and knuckles the problem? Doesn't come with it on disc or something, and in that case you couldn't play it with the ones off the collection? I forget.

Yeah the collection rocks besides the little hiccup I can't quite remember though.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe you have to unlock the game- it's not available immediately? Then again, maybe there's some glitch I'm not aware of?

Possibly you can't "attach it" to the others? Like I said, I forget, but I remember there was something it didn't do as well as the downloads. I mean, I think.

[quote name='crunchewy']What I really wish they'd do is improve how you select a game you've downloaded. I really hate the current system. I sometimes forget I even have a game because it's buried away. I wish there were something like the Wii's dashboard (or whatever it's called), that you could arrange however you want. Maybe there is and I'm just unaware of it?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have like 80 arcade games and the only sorting is alphabetical. Wish we could sort by genre, developer, release date, etc.

Don't the Sonic games in the disc collection lack online play? Sonic 2 XBLA definitely supports online for versus mode, and I would think the sequels do too.

Jeeeeeez. I have a ton of points, so I'll probably be a sucker and Buy Sonic 1, 3 and Knuckles. Does Sonic 2 lock onto Knuckles for 360? I know it does for Sonic 3.

Unless somebody can convince me otherwise, I see myself passing on the sonic games since I own the disc collection. The fact it's only one day doesn't help as I seem to ALWAYS buy last minute.

Also, right above the xbox section, they have a screenshot of some sort I don't recognize. Are these actually remakes (I doubt that) or is the screen from something else I'm drawing a blank on?

[quote name='VidPower']I was going to buy Bomberman Live until I read that there is going to be a new game called Bomberman Live: Battlefest, and it looks exactly like Bomberman Live, so I think I'll just wait for the new one.[/QUOTE]

If it looked exactly the same as Bomberman Live, then why would you pay more for it later, as opposed to getting Bomberman Live for 400 now?

Even though I have the original PS1 Castlevania SOTN, I bought it for 400 points today. I want an installed version of the game with no excessive loading. Now to play it again after all these years.

I just started MTG last night, and ended up playing for like 5 hours. I haven't played the card game since I was a kid (4th Edition/Ice Age/Mirage) and it really brought me back. Totally worth the 400 points!

Geez, XBLA is looking absolutely awesome in July: Monkey Island 2, Deathspank, and Summer of Arcade as well?!

Hell yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back