Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chipper_95']hmmm debating on this or not. i pased buying the full dead rising 2 because i got enough of a zombie killing fix from the case zero xbla game and now this comes out for only $10 and i like that it involves frank west and picture taking is back. its completely separate from dead rising 2 and seems to be treated like an arcade game. downloading the trial now....also gotta download hydro thunder hurricane.[/QUOTE]

I just beat DR2 two days ago and I've have to say that the variety is so small in Case Zero. I mean that's the point. Having the full game really let's you "wild out" on everything.

So is the Hydro Thunder DLC on sale?

picked up Hydro Thunder...glad i waited to pick it up, saved me 800 points!!! Now lets hope Limbo goes on sale for the same price...

I was a big fan of Hydro Thunder on the Dreamcast, and this version is just as good but for some reason just as good doesn't seem to be enough years past the original release.

[quote name='chipper_95']hmmm debating on this or not. i pased buying the full dead rising 2 because i got enough of a zombie killing fix from the case zero xbla game and now this comes out for only $10 and i like that it involves frank west and picture taking is back. its completely separate from dead rising 2 and seems to be treated like an arcade game. downloading the trial now....also gotta download hydro thunder hurricane.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this takes place after Dead Rising 2. I doubt you really have to have played DR2 to understand it but keep that in mind too. I'm also going to go with the demo on this one and probably wait until I actually get the game first. Plus that $5 price point for Case Zero kind of spoiled me. I wonder how many people are going to buy this one for twice the price.

I wish they'd tell us the prices ahead of time. It would let me know if I could afford the get everything I want coming up, and let me know how many points I have left over to buy another game on sale.

I'm not a fighting game fanatic, but Deadliest Warrior looks ridiculous. I'm finding a ton of awful reviews though. Any opinions?

Man can't wait until tomorrow! Hopefully the ME2 DLC in fact goes on sale. Also looks like I'll be in for Toy Soldiers. By the way has anyone done a play through of ME2 with all the DLC. Does it mess with the flow of the game?

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Man can't wait until tomorrow! Hopefully the ME2 DLC in fact goes on sale. Also looks like I'll be in for Toy Soldiers. By the way has anyone done a play through of ME2 with all the DLC. Does it mess with the flow of the game?[/QUOTE]

I believe that Shadow Broker takes place after the ending, I could be wrong though. But other than that, the dlc works into the story just fine.

Lair of the Shadow Broker can be done any time after the initial meeting with Liara on Illium. There is some additional dialog if you do it after the ending though.

Are the additional colors and voice tracks for BlazBlue even worth it?

$2 each for a Color Pack (a total of $6 for all) is ridiculous. And that does not even include paying for the additional voice tracks.

Those are things you usually unlock just after beating the game (see Guilty Gear and Street Fighter IV), but Aksys wants you to PAY for it... gah!

[quote name='drawingboard']I wish they'd tell us the prices ahead of time. It would let me know if I could afford the get everything I want coming up, and let me know how many points I have left over to buy another game on sale.[/QUOTE]
I would imagine this boat is pretty crowded. I passed on Lara Croft to make sure I had the points for MNC, Limbo, Castlevania, and ME2's Shadow Broker. I could probably have afforded it but I wanted to be sure.

Not sure if this has been asked but, do we have a guesstimate on how much some of the Sonic games will be when they go on sale in a couple of days? Have we seen any games that were originally 400MSP go on sale?

[quote name='Kingrodedog']Not sure if this has been asked but, do we have a guesstimate on how much some of the Sonic games will be when they go on sale in a couple of days? Have we seen any games that were originally 400MSP go on sale?[/QUOTE]

I believe they've all been on sale for 240 multiple times before. That's also what Sega discounted the Iphone versions to right now. So that's what is expected. But the pipe dream is that they stop pussyfooting around and list em at 80.

[quote name='Kingrodedog']Not sure if this has been asked but, do we have a guesstimate on how much some of the Sonic games will be when they go on sale in a couple of days? Have we seen any games that were originally 400MSP go on sale?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually contemplating on getting "Sonic Adventure" on the PSN for $4.99 since PSN also has the DLC Add-On also on sale for only $1.99.

But I still have some MS Points to use on XBL... so I'm hoping that once the game goes on sale, that they also offer the DLC Add-On for sale as well.

For all the people asking about Deadliest Warrior - I found it to be a fun, light fighting game. Don't expect Tekken Lite or something, this is more like Bushido Blade Lite (if anybody remembers what Bushido Blade is), gameplay wise. Few attacks / combos, and realistic damage.

The problem might be finding people to play against. I could probably play it for a couple of hours, but most of my friends wanna switch games after 4-5 duels.

[quote name='marineal']according to gaf, the crackdown 2 DLC is 50% off for gold members[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. Just checked the website and the DLC is on sale. I'm thinking now is the time to get it!

BTW does anyone know (speaking of DLC) if the Castle Crashers DLC was on sale before? Could have sworn I saw it discounted in the past. For that matter has the Castlevania DLC been on sale yet? I really want the extra content but the price is most definitely too steep.

I have a list in the FAQ of almost every sale from 2010. I say almost b/c it doesn't include price drops or sales that were missed by the community (so it's likely that it is 100%)

I swore I had put this in the OP already, but it wasn't there. So I added this to the OP:

December 14th - December 31st: "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC PROMO Price"
-Endor DLC - 80 Microsoft Points (Should go up to an unknown price after 12/31/2010)

Thanks to whoever said it was saying on the Title Screen the price was limited. I guess if you are interesting in that act fast. DLC has 8 achievements for 200GS

i am debating on to get hydro thunder for 400 or hope for limbo for 400. I currently have 690 point left and another 1600 card with me. Planning to use the 1600 card for radiant silvergun the coming year.

[quote name='GUNNM']If they made hydro 400 points what the chances they make sonic 4, 400[/QUOTE]
You never know. I've heard Sonic 4 wasn't a huge, gangbusters seller (though I'm not sure what the source of that statement is) We have the Sonic 4 pricing on PSN and it isn't 5.00, so that'll probably be the biggest indicator the price won't be 400 points.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']BTW does anyone know (speaking of DLC) if the Castle Crashers DLC was on sale before? Could have sworn I saw it discounted in the past. For that matter has the Castlevania DLC been on sale yet? I really want the extra content but the price is most definitely too steep.[/QUOTE]

I want to say no. The Behemoth has gone out of their way to give a lot of chances to get the DLC for free, however.

FYI ... the "Trials of St. Lucia" DLC for "Dante's Inferno" has been price-dropped to 400pts, and this was reflected over on the PS3 at the same time as the BF:BC2 and BO:p price drops.

[quote name='Cornelius']FYI ... the "Trials of St. Lucia" DLC for "Dante's Inferno" has been price-dropped to 400pts, and this was reflected over on the PS3 at the same time as the BF:BC2 and BO:p price drops.[/QUOTE]

Added it to the note in the OP

Just for clarity, the only reason I put it in the very cluttered OP is b/c this thread is growing much faster than normal

[quote name='Jcaugustine']^ Anyone on the same boat?[/QUOTE]

Yes; I haven't got mine yet, but I'm going to give them until probably January 1st before I start calling asking where my shit is

Just checked the Marketplace online and Lair of the Shadow Broker is showing up for 200MSP.

EDIT: And it's gone. SONOFA- Well, that's the oddest error ever. I knew it was too good to be true. Has to have been a mistake.

EDIT 2: fuck it, it keeps switching between the two. Can someone check so I can tell whether or not I'm on crack? I'd very much appreciate it.

EDIT 3: Kasumi and Overlord now show as 200MSP. Maybe it's legit? Also, I promise to stop editing soon.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just checked the Marketplace online and Lair of the Shadow Broker is showing up for 200MSP.

EDIT: And it's gone. SONOFA- Well, that's the oddest error ever. I knew it was too good to be true. Has to have been a mistake.

EDIT 2: fuck it, it keeps switching between the two. Can someone check so I can tell whether or not I'm on crack? I'd very much appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

I saw kasumi and lair of the shadow broker for 200 each. I got Lair of the Shadow Broker.

edit: Overlord is also 200 pts. I got all 3 for 600.

Great timing! Just picked up my site to store order of ME2 @ Walmart.

Btw, did ME1 ever come out with a package including all DLC? Oh well...$16 for ME2 plus DLC ain't too shabby.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just checked the Marketplace online and Lair of the Shadow Broker is showing up for 200MSP.

EDIT 2: fuck it, it keeps switching between the two. Can someone check so I can tell whether or not I'm on crack? I'd very much appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

It didnt show up at first, but I kept refreshing and it worked! I plan on starting the second one next month so this is perfect timing..

Kevin

I just grabbed Lair of the Shadow Broker for 200 as well. I understand that it is the best of the Mass Effect 2 DLC so I figure it is worth a shot, even though I rarely buy DLC. Any (relatively) unbiased opinions on the other two?

EDIT 2: fuck it, it keeps switching between the two. Can someone check so I can tell whether or not I'm on crack? I'd very much appreciate it.

EDIT 3: Kasumi and Overlord now show as 200MSP. Maybe it's legit? Also, I promise to stop editing soon.[/QUOTE]

I just bought Lair of the Shadow Broker for 200. Hope it's worth it!

[quote name='darrenaero']Great timing! Just picked up my site to store order of ME2 @ Walmart.

Btw, did ME1 ever come out with a package including all DLC? Oh well...$16 for ME2 plus DLC ain't too shabby.[/QUOTE]

I believe the platinum hits version included all the dlc.

[quote name='cartagena07']I believe the platinum hits version included all the dlc.[/QUOTE]

It just includes the Bring down the Sky DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back