Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='A Gamer']True. I think one of my refurbs was a Nov 2006 box, so that one still has a few months on it for the RRoD.

However, the point is that for the same number of tickets, and some reselling, you could get a new one. Not only would you have a new console (as opposed to a refurb), a full warrantee, you would also have a 'cooler' chip-set (smaller chance of RRoD), an HDMI video out (for convenience) as well as a bigger HDD or some additional games.

From a strictly 'value' perspective, the console is way over-ticketed. Considering that it is street value of about $100, it should list at around 10,000 to 15,000 tickets. Even if you look at the retail cost (about $250 at Amazon), it should still be under 30k tickets.

If you are willing to settle for a refurb, you could get vista, resell that, buy a 'new' refurb on eBay and walk away with about $70 cash for half the tickets.

Or, you could order the two controllers, the Charge and Play Kit and Too Human (for under 15k total), resell those and get a refurb. Plus, you could do this by max'ing 4 accounts in about a week... Yep... Console for one week of anagrams... Much quicker than max'ing a single account for close to 2 months (and hoping the console is still available then -- prizes tend to come and go).

Any way you look at it, 55k tickets for a refurb is way too high...[/QUOTE]

You my friend, must be the Messiah of ClubBing because you seem to be able to cure the blind.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Is this a joke? PS3? You do know that Bing is run by microsoft?[/QUOTE]
Remember the iPods that the Microsoft Frequent Shopper program gave away?

ordered a xbox 360 near 4/7 never recevied any problems? i thought my brother took it i searched everywhere no xbox 360 so either microsoft aka clubbing had sent it back it got backordered anyone near my month didnt get their prize becuase i emailed clubbing and they didnt help me .... anyone?

Keep playing, even when nothing you like is on the list. Then you wont have to worry if a good one disappears before you get the points.

[quote name='himes123']ordered a xbox 360 near 4/7 never recevied any problems? i thought my brother took it i searched everywhere no xbox 360 so either microsoft aka clubbing had sent it back it got backordered anyone near my month didnt get their prize becuase i emailed clubbing and they didnt help me .... anyone?[/QUOTE]
A lot of prizes ordered around the first week of April have not been fulfilled. Read through the rest of this thread for some suggestions on how to improve your odds of getting your prize, or tickets back, when it comes to the end of the 8-12 week period.

[quote name='A Gamer']A lot of prizes ordered around the first week of April have not been fulfilled. Read through the rest of this thread for some suggestions on how to improve your odds of getting your prize, or tickets back, when it comes to the end of the 8-12 week period.[/QUOTE]
its like 07 all over again.

[quote name='Jmac825']Ah, good - my Lost Odyssey ordered 5/16 should come soon then.[/QUOTE]

I ordered lost odyssey and scene on 5/1 with tools set. I still have not got these. Seems like everyone got these already. Should I be worried? :whistle2:(

muzras
I have a bunch of stuff that I ordered on 5/2-5/4 (closed out an account) and have not received anything yet. I think we just have to sit and wait it out the full 12 weeks, and hope they come.

[quote name='muzras']I ordered lost odyssey and scene on 5/1 with tools set. I still have not got these. Seems like everyone got these already. Should I be worried? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Friend of mine got everything he ordered but Lost Oddysse, and He's been waiting for about 2 extra weeks now. So you and him are on the same boat, on the other hand I got everything I ordered and I didn't order Lost Oddysse until a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='muzras']I ordered lost odyssey and scene on 5/1 with tools set. I still have not got these. Seems like everyone got these already. Should I be worried? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

my friend is still waiting on his scene it ordered around 4/30 and Im still waiting on still from early May as well

I am still waiting for SceneIt 2 that I ordered on 5/1. This is the email that they sent me.

Hello,
This is in response to your email regarding Club Bing. Thank you for contacting Club Bing Support. Your orders (below) are being processed for compliance with our Terms and Conditions for fair game play. After an order is processed, found to be in compliance with our Terms and Conditions, and ready to be shipped, you should receive a second shipping confirmation email with any relevant tracking and delivery information. In most cases, prizes will be delivered 8-12 weeks from the date your order is processed, unless your prize is in limited quantities or backordered.

I guess MS is cracking down on people who use the autotyper. I had a problem where they wouldn't credit my account with the tickets I earned during the Search Perks program and after a lot of BS from them, they finally came up with the fact that I used an automated program for the Club Bing account I had associated with it. Funny thing is that I've gotten every single one of my prizes from that account and haven't used it in months because it's maxed out. I was going to use the Search Perks tickets to get one last thing so no big deal, but they may be looking at accounts like mine a little more closely.
What's weird is that I've got plenty of stuff since then from my other accounts so they're not doing a very good job if they are checking now.

I've gotten everything from my auto-typer accounts (3 controllers, 2 games, pens). My guess is the problem is from the Search Perks program not the typers.

[quote name='cin84_12']I guess MS is cracking down on people who use the autotyper. I had a problem where they wouldn't credit my account with the tickets I earned during the Search Perks program and after a lot of BS from them, they finally came up with the fact that I used an automated program for the Club Bing account I had associated with it. Funny thing is that I've gotten every single one of my prizes from that account and haven't used it in months because it's maxed out. I was going to use the Search Perks tickets to get one last thing so no big deal, but they may be looking at accounts like mine a little more closely.
What's weird is that I've got plenty of stuff since then from my other accounts so they're not doing a very good job if they are checking now.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the Search Perks stuff that did it. I don't like IE so to make sure I got my Search Perks tickets in I set up a script to launch IE every day at the same time, and would then type in a word, and then just click the "related searches" on the right of the results until I had 25 done. I guess since I did it at the same time every day and only took about 2 minutes to get my searches in they flagged my account. I haven't received anything from that account since.

[quote name='louiedog']I think it's the Search Perks stuff that did it. I don't like IE so to make sure I got my Search Perks tickets in I set up a script to launch IE every day at the same time, and would then type in a word, and then just click the "related searches" on the right of the results until I had 25 done. I guess since I did it at the same time every day and only took about 2 minutes to get my searches in they flagged my account. I haven't received anything from that account since.[/QUOTE]

Yeah at first they told me I cheated with the searches which is untrue. I argued that I did the searches every day for 100 days or however long it lasted and I got results for each search I did. It also tallied them in the counter and they couldn't explain that if I was cheating like they said I was why it counted them. I asked if it was because I typed them in so fast and they never answered me. It wasn't until I'd gone back and forth with them through email and then went to the BBB that they said I used an automated program with my Search Club account.

sounds like they were just looking for a copout to screw you over. if i were you i would consult the wiccan goddess about your next move. act swiftly.

[quote name='cin84_12']Yeah at first they told me I cheated with the searches which is untrue. I argued that I did the searches every day for 100 days or however long it lasted and I got results for each search I did. It also tallied them in the counter and they couldn't explain that if I was cheating like they said I was why it counted them. I asked if it was because I typed them in so fast and they never answered me. It wasn't until I'd gone back and forth with them through email and then went to the BBB that they said I used an automated program with my Search Club account.[/QUOTE]

So maybe it stems from you going to the BBB as opposed to using a typer. Its a free thing to get prizes I don't see why anyone would file a complaint.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']So maybe it stems from you going to the BBB as opposed to using a typer. Its a free thing to get prizes I don't see why anyone would file a complaint.[/QUOTE]

I think many people have already said this, but it's not a free thing. You're providing a service to MS by doing searches to boost their totals which makes their stock go up. It lets them compete with better and more popular sites like Google. They reward you buy letting you 'buy' prizes with the tickets you earned. They cannot punish me for going to the BBB. I only went to them after they refused to credit the tickets, but didn't give me any reason as to why they wouldn't.

Got my 5th controller in from the same address ordered 5/12 received 5/15.

1st ordered (wireless for windows when prize limit was 3)
2nd Standard white when prize limit was 3)
3rd Standard white when they changed the limit to one.
4th Black
5th.Wireless windows.(after the change again.)

Got 2 more coming to a different address. I think im going to just skrait up trade these into to gamestop with edge.

[quote name='himes123']ordered a xbox 360 near 4/7 never recevied any problems? i thought my brother took it i searched everywhere no xbox 360 so either microsoft aka clubbing had sent it back it got backordered anyone near my month didnt get their prize becuase i emailed clubbing and they didnt help me .... anyone?[/QUOTE]

My buddy ordered one on 4/12 and haven't heard about it yet either. I'm waiting 'till the 12 week mark to complain though since I also had a Zune that I think got skipped on 4/5 and they just sent me a form mail on that one too.

[quote name='Whirly']has anybody received the grill? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

it just got put up on may 26th no one has received it yet maybe by next friday or the next week after the 26th

im looking at ordering it next tuesday if I max daily. My mom is absolutely paranoid of making chicken/turkey/pork/beef in the house, so it should help a bit.

Yes, my life IS horrible.

I got 2 - 3 packs of golf balls today. One sent to work and one to home....Came in the mail and of course no email warning me to look out for them....

[quote name='shortaznkid99']can you remove the insignia off the camelbak bottle or is it there for good?[/QUOTE]

I think it will wear off after a while on its own....Maybe if you scrub and scrub and scrub...... :)

[quote name='cin84_12']I think many people have already said this, but it's not a free thing. You're providing a service to MS by doing searches to boost their totals which makes their stock go up. It lets them compete with better and more popular sites like Google. They reward you buy letting you 'buy' prizes with the tickets you earned. They cannot punish me for going to the BBB. I only went to them after they refused to credit the tickets, but didn't give me any reason as to why they wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was looking at stock quotes at work today :lol: ok so was bored and noticed something that was interesting....

http://www.morgankeegan.com/MK/md.htm?&rtype=news&qdata=177677_18__Jun__2009_RTRS

the short of it is that microsoft has gained in search engine share slightly since the launch of bing.... and that they are prepared to invest 5-10 % of their operating income into it. So somewhere in the area of 1 billion dollars a year.

[quote name='Whirly']im looking at ordering it next tuesday if I max daily. My mom is absolutely paranoid of making chicken/turkey/pork/beef in the house, so it should help a bit.

Yes, my life IS horrible.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say that it probably wouldn't last that long, but now I see it's already gone. The pattern recently seems to be that new prizes go up for 1-3 weeks then get taken down. About a week later they show up again and last about two days and then are gone for a while (the timer for example) or never seen again. We saw this with the flash drives, fitness ball, fitness bands, and now the grill. Of note the camping lantern has been up for two days after about two weeks gone.

I'm guessing that MS has a limited supply of these items and they are removed when they have too many orders. The second appearance would then be what's left after they cancel the duplicate orders, flagged accounts, and others they are choosing to screw [apparently search perks users]. Hopefully it will be back, but....

Hi, new here and only signed up for club bing about a week ago. Anyway I order my first couple of prizes two days ago and after reading on here I'm not expecting a confirmation email. However I did redeem for 1 song download just to check it out. That was yesterday and so far nothing. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the code? Shipping info for the other stuff I'm fine with but I kind of expected to get the download code for the free song already.

[quote name='MysteryGoat']Hi, new here and only signed up for club bing about a week ago. Anyway I order my first couple of prizes two days ago and after reading on here I'm not expecting a confirmation email. However I did redeem for 1 song download just to check it out. That was yesterday and so far nothing. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the code? Shipping info for the other stuff I'm fine with but I kind of expected to get the download code for the free song already.[/QUOTE]

Shipping confirmations have started up again. Most (all?) people that had shipments go out today got the email.

The virtual items (songs, FF miles, etc) also take about 30 days to show up... Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back