Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zurezo']When the league gets going I give out my phone number because text/email is the best way to get ahold of me.[/QUOTE]

I should do the same. Don't have wifi on my phone, but I get text notifications for Facebook messages.

[quote name='bvharris']I checked to make sure Wallace was still within three yards of the LOS when he caught it.. Yup, you would run that. ;)[/QUOTE]

haha. I wouldn't have posted it if he wasn't within 3 yards of the LOS.

Here is a look at my 2011 schedule. (I dont know about this league, but in real life the Steelers look like a 13 win team)

Baltimore - Deuce20602
Seattle - Shaneduncan
Indianapolis - pitfallharry219
Houston - RamesuThe1
Tennessee - n8rockerasu
Jacksonville - the red worm
Arizona - Darth0fTheDead
New England - bvharris888
Baltimore - Deuce20602
Cincinnati - BrownWing
Bye Week
Kansas City - Doomtime
Cincinnati - BrownWing
Cleveland - Ultimate Matt X
San Francisco - Mr Grand Cru
St. Louis - Listerfiend78
Cleveland - Ultimate Matt X

Checking in as well.

The Eagles will be available most of the time if given advance notice. Weekends are actually tougher at times.

I want the lions but if duece decides to leave I think I gotta switch to my home team and take baltimore... if possible

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Checking in as well.

The Eagles will be available most of the time if given advance notice. Weekends are actually tougher at times.[/QUOTE]

I wish you the best of luck and hope you can bring the Eagles to the promised land. (yep even in Madden league I'm going to pull for the Birds)

I'm glad I decided to chieck the thread after forgetting about it for months... I think I've had my fill of the Ravens. I'm hoping MasterAwesome would allow me to take over my beloved Panthers, but if not, I'll stick with Baltimore. Also, I'm preparing to go to the military but I should be able to get a full season in before I ship out.

[quote name='Deuce20602']I'm glad I decided to chieck the thread after forgetting about it for months... I think I've had my fill of the Ravens. I'm hoping MasterAwesome would allow me to take over my beloved Panthers, but if not, I'll stick with Baltimore. Also, I'm preparing to go to the military but I should be able to get a full season in before I ship out.[/QUOTE]

Can I give Deuce the Panthers for season 1 and take them over after he leaves for the military? I know there are rules about sticking with your team, especially if you make a bunch of trades...but I'd like to stick with the Panthers over any other team. However I also don't like the idea of me getting the rights to a team over someone else who wants to play them, especially considering I had them for the entire franchise of Madden '11 and I know Deuce is a big fan. I think Cru said he'd want the Ravens if possible, so I guess you can give Deuce the Panthers, Cru the Ravens, and I'll take the 49ers? I may decide to just end up sticking with the 49ers after the first season...but I was just wondering if I'd have the option to switch to the Panthers since these are different circumstances.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Can I give Deuce the Panthers for season 1 and take them over after he leaves for the military? I know there are rules about sticking with your team, especially if you make a bunch of trades...but I'd like to stick with the Panthers over any other team. However I also don't like the idea of me getting the rights to a team over someone else who wants to play them, especially considering I had them for the entire franchise of Madden '11 and I know Deuce is a big fan. I think Cru said he'd want the Ravens if possible, so I guess you can give Deuce the Panthers, Cru the Ravens, and I'll take the 49ers? I may decide to just end up sticking with the 49ers after the first season...but I was just wondering if I'd have the option to switch to the Panthers since these are different circumstances.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer it if people just stuck with their teams, but if there's not a lot of trading done between those 2 teams (Panthers, Niners) then I would not mind you switching over between seasons if Deuce left.

edit: so yeah, go for it. I just would hope neither of you would make drastic changes to your teams especially since right now the plan is for both of you to leave them. Cru are you cool with the Ravens? You want them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah it's okay I'll just stick with the 49ers then. If anyone wants the 49ers though...I'll swap teams with whoever. I played as them in the other league and wouldn't mind a fresh start with a new team.

I will take the raven if cru don't want them cuz I believe I asked for them right after cru an of coarse that's my hometown team! So that would be great!

[quote name='ballhawk20']I will take the raven if cru don't want them cuz I believe I asked for them right after cru an of coarse that's my hometown team! So that would be great![/QUOTE]

The only way it works is if whoever's taking the Ravens is giving up a team that MasterAwesome would want, which I assume is true of the 49ers since he's played them before. Not as sure he'd want the Redskins. ;)

[quote name='EvilLizard']Any word if they're actually going to punish rage quitters?[/QUOTE]

Other than slapping a DNF percentage and a loss on your record, I highly doubt it.

[quote name='Doomtime']Other than slapping a DNF percentage and a loss on your record, I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I usually stop playing madden after a month because it just gets insane. I hope they also are fixing the pausing issue from 11.

[quote name='EvilLizard']Well that sucks. I usually stop playing madden after a month because it just gets insane. I hope they also are fixing the pausing issue from 11.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that will be fixed, but it's only a matter of time until something else is discovered. Don't forget, 80% of your ranked matches will be against the Eagles.

[quote name='bvharris']The only way it works is if whoever's taking the Ravens is giving up a team that MasterAwesome would want, which I assume is true of the 49ers since he's played them before. Not as sure he'd want the Redskins. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol well I don't know if you read what I said a couple posts above yours...but I'm actually trying to get a new team instead of the 49ers. If I'm not playing as the Panthers, then I'd prefer to keep things exciting with a new team rather than using the 49ers which I used in the other league in Madden '11. HOWEVER.......I think the Redskins may just be the one team in the entire NFL that I don't want to have anything to do with lol.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol well I don't know if you read what I said a couple posts above yours...but I'm actually trying to get a new team instead of the 49ers. If I'm not playing as the Panthers, then I'd prefer to keep things exciting with a new team rather than using the 49ers which I used in the other league in Madden '11. HOWEVER.......I think the Redskins may just be the one team in the entire NFL that I don't want to have anything to do with lol.[/QUOTE]

lol I chose PS3 last year and it's nothing but Steelers on PSN

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol well I don't know if you read what I said a couple posts above yours...but I'm actually trying to get a new team instead of the 49ers. If I'm not playing as the Panthers, then I'd prefer to keep things exciting with a new team rather than using the 49ers which I used in the other league in Madden '11. HOWEVER.......I think the Redskins may just be the one team in the entire NFL that I don't want to have anything to do with lol.[/QUOTE]

Bucs will be open it looks like, but I dunno if you want them either. They have some nice weapons though.

edit: As an alternative, what other team would you be interested in, MA? Maybe someone out there would want the Niners and allow you to slide in as their current team.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I'll take them. It's the bills right?

CAG:VeryCheapGame
XBL:Shadow Dragon A
Team:Bills[/QUOTE]

Finally updated the OP. You're in. I'll have to add everyone's schedules later this weekend.

[quote name='theredworm']Family night in green bay tonight this is gonna have me in full football mode now.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen this advertised for about a week and I still have no idea what it is.

Hey I was briefly reading through the forum while here at work, a couple pages back I think I posted I wanted to withdraw my name for the Ravens waitlist , I want to just stick with my 49ers I believe. Who has the Chiefs by the way , Im looking to reaquire Eric Berry lmao.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey I was briefly reading through the forum while here at work, a couple pages back I think I posted I wanted to withdraw my name for the Ravens waitlist , I want to just stick with my 49ers I believe. Who has the Chiefs by the way , Im looking to reaquire Eric Berry lmao.[/QUOTE]
I have the Chiefs now and that trade will never happen.

[quote name='Doomtime']I have the Chiefs now and that trade will never happen.[/QUOTE]

I know you do lmao, I will find a replacement on the trade market , there are a few players I have in mind to fill that void. I can't wait to get on the virtual gridiron with Colin Kaepernick (Rookie of the Year ??) lol

OKAY cool I'll just take the Ravens then...sorry to the Redskins owner who wants them, but I ain't takin no scrubs Redskin team over!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']OKAY cool I'll just take the Ravens then...sorry to the Redskins owner who wants them, but I ain't takin no scrubs Redskin team over![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the AFC. :cool:

I am wondering how Ponder will be rated. McNABB Will definitely be the starter, though. I am pretty stoked about trying out the Vikings.

[quote name='Doomtime']I have the Chiefs now and that trade will never happen.[/QUOTE]

Thank You! Lol

How many times have they redone the scoreboard presentation and just completely ignored the sidelines and crowd? The last 6 years the randoms on the sidelines just raise their arms during some plays all at the same time. The crowd noise should change from play to play, especially during 3rd downs and momentum shifts.

And I wish they would do something with clutch performers. Obviously there are players that know how to close games, there should be ratings boosts or something like that.

I'm just nitpicking but instead of recycling the same menus and presentation, work on some of the stuff that takes place during the game.

Either way, still looking forward to it :)

[quote name='Doomtime']How many times have they redone the scoreboard presentation and just completely ignored the sidelines and crowd? The last 6 years the randoms on the sidelines just raise their arms during some plays all at the same time. The crowd noise should change from play to play, especially during 3rd downs and momentum shifts.

And I wish they would do something with clutch performers. Obviously there are players that know how to close games, there should be ratings boosts or something like that.

I'm just nitpicking but instead of recycling the same menus and presentation, work on some of the stuff that takes place during the game.

Either way, still looking forward to it :)[/QUOTE]

I agree..I think they have changed the scoreboard style every year for at least since Madden 08 but I could be wrong

To make the game more realistic, they should add more depth to the sidelines. For example, if a big play happens towards the teams bench, at least show a cutscene of players on the sideline congradulating that player.

..and seeing the players 02, 03, 07 are kinda annoying...

nice... the Cam Newton experiment will be fun. the only trade I can see myself attempting is Johnathan Stewart and/or Jimmy Clausen for a CB... but depending on how fast we move and how long they decide to delay my entry to boot camp, I could be around for a couple seasons. I'll definitely let u guys know the date when I get it so preparations can be made. PANTHERS from worst to first baby!!!!!

[quote name='Deuce20602']PANTHERS from worst to first baby!!!!![/QUOTE]

I second that, as they are my home team.

The Bengals (My franchise team) will be interesting this year with such a young team.

Well im born and raised here in the Burgh, i bleed black and gold :p but to be in the league since the Jags are open ill take them Uber, thanks for the headsup.

[quote name='Deuce20602']nice... the Cam Newton experiment will be fun. the only trade I can see myself attempting is Johnathan Stewart and/or Jimmy Clausen for a CB... but depending on how fast we move and how long they decide to delay my entry to boot camp, I could be around for a couple seasons. I'll definitely let u guys know the date when I get it so preparations can be made. PANTHERS from worst to first baby!!!!![/QUOTE]

I don't know about First and that Superbowl run your planning will come to an abrupt stop when you visit San Francisco.

I have a friend who would like to join the waitlist , He will take whatever team is the next team to come available he has joined CAG but it says he has to wait a few days before he can post. His username and xboxlive name is man2008. He will make a post as soon as it lets him.

Is there any interest in the league to implement a minimum league tenure for trades (ie would have to play a full season, 2 games, or whatever) If not maybe lessen the trading cap? Obviously 90% of the league has been around forever so it wouldn't make that much of an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back