Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Is there any interest in the league to implement a minimum league tenure for trades (ie would have to play a full season, 2 games, or whatever) If not maybe lessen the trading cap? Obviously 90% of the league has been around forever so it wouldn't make that much of an impact.[/QUOTE]

You could make the minimum you can't trade until completing three fair scheduled games. Or enforcing a stricter cap on new members I guess. I felt the last cap (core non-core players ) was pretty restricted itself , I don't think we should make it even less trades.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I have a friend who would like to join the waitlist , He will take whatever team is the next team to come available he has joined CAG but it says he has to wait a few days before he can post. His username and xboxlive name is man2008. He will make a post as soon as it lets him.[/QUOTE]

I gave up the Jags so they are free.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Well im born and raised here in the Burgh, i bleed black and gold :p but to be in the league since the Jags are open ill take them Uber, thanks for the headsup.[/QUOTE]

oh didn't see him pick them up, stopped reading when I saw "black and gold"
rodgersbelt_575.jpg

[quote name='Doomtime']Drafted Brees, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Desean Jackson in my Fantasy League. Ready for this season :)[/QUOTE]

Let me hear your RBs then we can talk.

[quote name='ubernes']Let me hear your RBs then we can talk.[/QUOTE]
Left those off on purpose ! :lol: Not too proud of them, but hoping to get most of my points from that trio of receivers.

Got Ahmad Bradshaw, Fred Jackson, Jahvid Best, and Thomas Jones.

Kicker is Robbie Gould. Have Pettigrew and Gronkowski at TE.

AP was the first guy taken. Foster was taken 3rd.

[quote name='Doomtime']Left those off on purpose ! :lol: Not too proud of them, but hoping to get most of my points from that trio of receivers.

Got Ahmad Bradshaw, Fred Jackson, Jahvid Best, and Thomas Jones.

Kicker is Robbie Gould. Have Pettigrew and Gronkowski at TE.

AP was the first guy taken. Foster was taken 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Which D/ST do you have?

Also would anybody be interested in setting up and doing a fantasy football league? For free of course :cool:

I'd do fantasy football with Madden CAGers.

Those RBs are rough. I like those WRs, but having to start anyone other than Bradshaw on a regular basis is brutal.

I have always been HUGE into football but I never tried to join a Fantasy league. Can anyone recommend me a league to join? I went to NFL.com but it's kind of overwhelming with hundreds of leagues to choose from, lol.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Watch a Full Half of Madden NFL 12

EDIT: Matty Ice mother fuckers!

EDIT 2: New coin toss presentation!

EDIT 3: The players move insanely fast, I don't know if we will even be able to see Chris Johnson/Jamaal Charles.[/QUOTE]

My quick concerns after watching it some of it. Also, I know Soodmeg always the bad news guy when it comes to madden. Sorry.

Why is it that the commentary has always sounded like complete shit in Madden games? Even when Madden was there it was bad but funny because it was Madden. Is there a reason why they have to sound like robots year after year? Play Fifa, NHL, NBA2k and its pretty fluid and life like. Its almost like they record each word individually instead of whole sentences so it always sound broken with odd breaks and the wrong inflection on words. There is also still way to much dead air where nothing is said for 10 seconds. (10 seconds is FOREVER in a broadcast) I havent been able to tell yet but I also hope they dont do that thing where it seems like they actively avoid saying anyone name which results in gems like, "I wouldnt throw it to that side of the field because THAT guy is there and THAT guy can get picks."

I do like the presentation a little bit better than previous Madden, although once again, like it has been mention they completely redo the same part over and over while leaving other parts the same for years. Sidelines? Half time show? Pre game show? Something anything?

PA passes still seem to be a instant sack.

Defenders STILL cant seem to actually grab a INT even if its thrown at their face.

Protak is either A) a placebo and doesnt actually exist or B) The single worst technology that has ever be implemented. There should be a form of ProTak on every play but I rarely ever see it. I still see the same "pass along" tackles where one guy gets to tackle while then if someone else comes up he slides off so the other guy can start an animation. Dont get me wrong I like protak when it was first announce but it seems like it dissipated somewhere. We are still seeing one interaction while everyone else just falls down around it.

I didnt fully watch it but for the brief video I saw, the exact same core problems are still there. So once again another paint job for Madden...I would LOVE for someone to answer me about Protak though. Up to 8 or 9 interactions (I believe it was) some body show me where it happens?

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'll set one up if we get enough interest (looks like we will). Espn, yahoo, or NFL?[/QUOTE]

I'd join one.

I currently comish two large fantasy football money leagues (which I have done for the past 7 years). If we can get 12 or 14 owners, I would put something together.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I will set it up.

Once I get a level of interest, then I will show you some of league formats that I use.

Guys after thinking it over some more ..Im not going to be able to participate in the league. My schedule is just gonna be too full. I rather let you all know now then on release day. Saints are Back on the Market.

[quote name='HydroX']Well damn.[/QUOTE]

Late to the party, I see. Let me know if you want in, I'd like to get you a team.

Re: fantasy. Yahoo preferred. ESPN if I have to.

I'm going to set up a league on Yahoo. PM your email if you are interested and I'll send out an invite.*

*This is a free league, and is just for fun.

So is there an Open team now , I know someone else will probably move in as the Saints, but the team they are leaving does that go to my friend ?

If there is a waitlist I don't want to 'cut' in line, per say. I can wait. I don't even have internet right now. However, I want in on the fantasy league if there is one.

Do we have a idea what date we plan to start the league?

I would like about a week to get some games under my belt. I also wanted to point out that we should be able to move pretty fast through the first season (every two days) because of the game just coming out. I would like to make it deeper into the league, but I know thats hard to do when we move every 4 or 5 days.

Also, are we still going to have a list of subs if someone cannot make their game, or is each owner going to be allowed to choose somebody to play for them?

The thing about cpu games is some people would beat the shit out of the cpu and skew the stats. So unless we take into account how many cpu games were played at the end of the season, I'm still for subs.

With how difficult it is to make the postseason, it would suck if luck fell on someone's side where they had 1 or 2 free wins.

I don't see us advancing every 2 days. The problem was never lack of interest so I don't see the game being new changing anything. I plan on having us advance twice week as we've been doing.

I imagine we'll start 5-7 days after release as we wait for people to get the game.

We will likely do subs based on record again.

Does any vet want the Saints are we offering them to Cru's buddy? Either way Cru, he'll have a team.

[quote name='ballhawk20']Ill take the saints![/QUOTE]

I don't mind, though I'm trying to think if you played for a season or more (forgive my memory) but just so you know I don't want people switching teams a ton (ie at all) especially once the season starts. So I hope you like the Saints. You seem to jump on whatever teams becomes available.

Bc my only choice was the redskins lol and I played for a lil over a year than my xbox broke! So I'm good to go with the saints?

[quote name='ballhawk20']Bc my only choice was the redskins lol and I played for a lil over a year than my xbox broke! So I'm good to go with the saints?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'll update the OP now.

Redskins are open, so either Cru's friend or Hydro can have them. I have a feeling another team will open up between now and release date so I'm not too concerned about both finding a team.

[quote name='ubernes']Redskins are open, so either Cru's friend or Hydro can have them. I have a feeling another team will open up between now and release date so I'm not too concerned about both finding a team.[/QUOTE]

My friend would like to take the Redskins , his username is Man2008, he tried to post but it says he has to wait a couple of days before he can post , anybody know how many days you have to wait ?

Passing feels really good this year.

There's a new kick meter (again) that I think might be a problem for online games, I had a pretty tough time with it even without latency. 2 of the 5 kickoffs I had went pretty badly out of bounds.

[quote name='BigAT']Passing feels really good this year.

There's a new kick meter (again) that I think might be a problem for online games, I had a pretty tough time with it even without latency. 2 of the 5 kickoffs I had went pretty badly out of bounds.[/QUOTE]

I agree w/ both things, the kicking is always an issue at first, and then everyone gets a hang of it.

Does anybody else want to join the fantasy league (on yahoo)? There are 7 open spots left. The draft is 8/20/11 at 10:00 pm est.

EDIT: If you do want to play, please send me a PM with your email address.

Why the hell would they make the kick arrow that small!!? My eyes are terrible enough as it is, I don't want to have to strain them every time I kick a field goal. Other than that, the game feels great. Passing is definitely better, although it may be a bit easier than it should be since the majority of us are using Aaron Rodgers. Kickoff returns are easier than NCAA 12, but more difficult than last year. The new tackle engine is nice and best of all, the game feels a lot faster paced than previous maddens. CPU smoked me in my first game on all madden, about to give it another go, if I don't find anything to nitpick, I may actually play an offline franchise for once.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Does anybody else want to join the fantasy league (on yahoo)? There are 7 open spots left. The draft is 8/20/11 at 10:00 pm est.

EDIT: If you do want to play, please send me a PM with your email address.[/QUOTE]

20th is a no go for me. Fri-Sun is always bad. Can this be moved to a Tues-Thurs?

Just played my first game on the madden 12 demo. I don't know how i felt about the gameplay, but the game I had was awesome. After going down 14-0 early I managed to tie it up at 17. In overtime I lost the toss but I stopped them on d. When I got the ball I threw a pic in my own territory. They went 3 and out and set up to kick a fg from the 30. I ice the kicker and then somehow blocked the fg with tramon and on the next play I threw a long pass and then kicked a 30 yd field goal to win 20-17. It was awesome.

The Presentation was pretty badass with the Team Intros. It seemed like a different game, even the defensive camera seemed a bit higher, maybe it's me? I have a similar complaint with the kick meter, I didn't have any trouble kicking but the thing is so damned small, reminds me of something out of Madden 05 on PS2, seems to be almost the same thing. Entirely too small lol. Overall I loved the game though. Only played a quarter then I had to go off to school, but I'm going to try out a full game now.

Some other impressions I had

1. A lot of fumbles (8 total)
2. Anything close to a sack the QB will not be able to throw the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back