Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zurezo'] 2. Anything close to a sack the QB will not be able to throw the ball[/QUOTE] Interesting. I'd be especially interested to hear if that's true for Big Ben in the demo, considering he's one of the better QBs in the league at getting the ball off even when it looks like he's about to be sacked (which is pretty much half the times). I'd hope that would be something which varies by QB.

[quote name='bvharris']Interesting. I'd be especially interested to hear if that's true for Big Ben in the demo, considering he's one of the better QBs in the league at getting the ball off even when it looks like he's about to be sacked (which is pretty much half the times). I'd hope that would be something which varies by QB.[/QUOTE]

I don't really agree with that. In some cases I was able to get the ball off and at other times I wasn't able to because I was either hit while throwing or it was swatted. And thankfully it looks like they got rid of the scramble back 20 yards and throw across your body offbalance perfect spirals.

[quote name='Zurezo']Some other impressions I had

1. A lot of fumbles (8 total)
2. Anything close to a sack the QB will not be able to throw the ball[/QUOTE]

Agreed Zurezo, I got fucking throttled as the Packers. I lost 28-3, all of their points came on fumble recoveries for TDs. I took a ton of sacks as well with Rodgers hesitating to throw. I noticed both those things, I hope the full game isn't like that. It'll get old real fast. I'm noticing the same bullshit penalties as well, clipping on kickoffs holding as soon as you go to roll out etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ You do know Rodgers is mobile? Move outside of the pocket and throw the ball away. Of course if you get smashed over and over you're going to fumble eventually.

The game feels odd. I did have fun though. I didn't have any problems with fumbles or not being able to throw the ball when there is pressure on me. When I was playing as the Packers I just ran around with Rodgers and I was able to throw fine.

The game pace has definitely changed. The tackling is nice, but it sometimes feels\looks like players are sliding on ice when they make tackles. I am not really sure how to explain it any other way.

The kicking isn't difficult to me, just annoying.

I will have to withhold judgement until I play some more.

[quote name='Doomtime']^ You do know Rodgers is mobile? Move outside of the pocket and throw the ball away. Of course if you get smashed over and over you're going to fumble eventually.[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't commit any turnovers on a sack. One came after I fielded a punt and ran about 10 Yards, the other was a kickoff, Grant Fumble and then I had a catch and run with Nelson which resulted in another one. So that's mainly why it pissed me off, lol .

[quote name='Superstar']The game feels odd. I did have fun though. I didn't have any problems with fumbles or not being able to throw the ball when there is pressure on me. When I was playing as the Packers I just ran around with Rodgers and I was able to throw fine.

The game pace has definitely changed. The tackling is nice, but it sometimes feels\looks like players are sliding on ice when they make tackles. I am not really sure how to explain it any other way.

The kicking isn't difficult to me, just annoying.

I will have to withhold judgement until I play some more.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that the game feels old because the engine its built on is about 10 years year coming. Other than the football issues that I have I just can not get pass how old the game feels. It just doesnt feel next gen compared to the other sports titles out like Fifa, The Show, NHL, NBA2k.

Old =/= Odd mix up

I'm going to give the demo a spin soon.

How do I toggle HTML off my posts? I keep having to use code to get things like paragraph breaks and I can't seem to figure out what I hit on here.

[quote name='theredworm']Remember demo builds are several months old.[/QUOTE]

I read on the OS forums that the demo build is pre-E3. I'm still at work so I'll be downloading it asap when I get home!

[quote name='ubernes'] How do I toggle HTML off my posts? I keep having to use code to get things like paragraph breaks and I can't seem to figure out what I hit on here.[/QUOTE] You didn't do anything. Something funky is going on with CAG. I played about half a game, and I liked it. I'm always rusty on Madden after months off, so I always have to remind myself not to judge on how crappy my play is. The new tackling looks great and feels a lot more realistic than in years past. It actually looks like one human being tackling another. I also think the throwing mechanics seem like they're going to favor more intelligent quarterback play. In years past even as you were backing away from the LOS you could still make a pinpoint pass downfield, which doesn't seem to be the case at all here. If Rodgers was not in a good position to throw, the throw tended not to be good, which I view as a huge improvement. Will definitely take some getting used to though.

For once it feels like complete ratings matter, more so than just speed itself.

Also, I can already tell scrambling is going to be popular in this game.

I played 2 games...one All-Pro and one All-Madden. All-Pro went pretty nicely, I picked up right where I left off with my linebacker, getting like 8 tackles and a pick-six. I just realized I'll be picking up the reins to Ray Lewis with my new Ravens team...so I'm glad the transition from Beason isn't too much of a decline. The gameplay here feels a whole lot different than the previous Maddens, I can't exactly pinpoint how...but it's a refreshing change. I do like the tackling in this one, it looks a lot more realistic when the ball-carrier is in the middle of breaking a tackle and another defender comes in to finish the job. I had no problem with the kick meter in All-Pro or All-Madden...although it obviously seems like they just implemented the new kick meter for the sake of change rather than really improving it. It was a lot harder for me to get 100 kick power with the new system, but my accuracy was pretty close to perfect on every one of my kicks. All-Madden seemed like what I'm used to with the previous Maddens....an exorbitant amount of breaking tackles for the CPU and an impenetrable O-line, among other things. And the CPU absolutely destroyed me on screen passes in All-Madden...I couldn't defend it to save my life. I think I lost like 13-3 or something, so not too bad...but I couldn't get anything going offensively. And my accuracy (with Cutler at least) while scrambling out of the pocket was absolutely abysmal in this Madden...which I guess is a good thing, although it seemed like it was almost TOO bad. Passes were like 20 yards off target if I was scrambling and threw a pass on the run. I don't know what Cutler's Throw On The Run rating is, but it was ridiculous. And unfortunately I constantly had to throw on the run out of the pocket with that damn Clay Matthews chasing me down every play! Overall I was definitely pleasantly surprised...looking forward to August 30th! P.S. sorry for this big block of text...I'm having the same problem with paragraph breaks or whatever...but I don't know how to fix it :(

[quote name='gbpackers94']I just looked at the ratings for the Colts. Collie is only 79 overall?!?[/QUOTE]

Collie got hurt to end his season, I'm sure that played into his rating. @MA, Screw Cutler, that guy is a bum. EDIT: Although you could make a case for Dallas Clark, who also got taken down last year. Some madden ratings are head scratchers.

[quote name='Doomtime']Collie got hurt to end his season, I'm sure that played into his rating. @MA, Screw Cutler, that guy is a bum. EDIT: Although you could make a case for Dallas Clark, who also got taken down last year. Some madden ratings are head scratchers.[/QUOTE]

He still had 8 tds in 9 games. He should atleast be in the 80s.

That's the good thing about madden is they update the rosters and things seem to get much better as the season progresses, too bad they don't change on the snapshot rosters you use in the league.

[quote name='gbpackers94']He still had 8 tds in 9 games. He should atleast be in the 80s.[/QUOTE]

True, but anything that takes away from the Colts is okay with me.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I just looked at the ratings for the Colts. Collie is only 79 overall?!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the only rating I've really disagreed with so far. I remember reading that and thinking the same thing...he played pretty darn good and was extremely consistent for the most part while he was healthy (I had him on my fantasy team so I kept pretty close tabs on him throughout the season). Getting injured shouldn't decrease a player's overall rating I think...it should just give them a crappy Injury rating, which they put at 65 for him I believe...sounds about right to me.

Tried the demo last night. I wasn't very good. I won 17-6(blocked their EP) on Pro. Still messed up a lot. Still trying to use RT to sprint. Forgot they changed it all around this past year or so. On a high note, had no problems with kicking.

I was just looking at the stats they released for the Bengals. I cant believe two out of four team leaders they have on there are no longer on the team.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I was just looking at the stats they released for the Bengals. I cant believe two out of four team leaders they have on there are no longer on the team.[/QUOTE]

they'll be gone quick with the first roster update

[quote name='Dark Rider']I was just looking at the stats they released for the Bengals. I cant believe two out of four team leaders they have on there are no longer on the team.[/QUOTE]

Yoink.

Ochocinco is rated higher than I thought he'd be. Should make a great addition to my receiving corps.

Now just to see how Fat Albert's rating ends up.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Tried the demo last night. I wasn't very good. I won 17-6(blocked their EP) on Pro. Still messed up a lot. Still trying to use RT to sprint. Forgot they changed it all around this past year or so. On a high note, had no problems with kicking.[/QUOTE]

In the settings you can turn autosprint off.

[quote name='gbpackers94']In the settings you can turn autosprint off.[/QUOTE]

I always turned it off last year just because I was so deeply in the habit of holding down RT that I couldn't break it.

[quote name='bvharris']I always turned it off last year just because I was so deeply in the habit of holding down RT that I couldn't break it.[/QUOTE]

Haha same, I still do it on NCAA 12 and there isn't even an option to turn it off.

[quote name='Doomtime']I kind of like the autosprint, but I can't stand the dpad audibles, had to change that back to the y button.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you could do that. Definitely going to do that too. When you change it to (Y) is it the same as last year and NCAA12?

[quote name='gbpackers94']I didn't know you could do that. Definitely going to do that too. When you change it to (Y) is it the same as last year and NCAA12?[/QUOTE]
Yep it's the same as Madden 10 and 11. NCAA always has a few things that are different. I don't know why.

[quote name='Doomtime']A little late telling us now Thor.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like how these things always come out after the games are long over and the "injury" has had more than enough time to heal. Didn't Tom Brady pull this a few years ago?

Guys, I played all of last season with two broken thumbs. Pretty impressive, right?

[quote name='BigAT']Yeah, I like how these things always come out after the games are long over and the "injury" has had more than enough time to heal. Didn't Tom Brady pull this a few years ago?
[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. He said shortly after the playoffs that he'd played with a broken bone in his foot. It makes sense if you think about it: If you're planning to play through an injury like that, are you really going to let your opposition know about it in advance so that they can gameplan with it in mind?

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to get in the way of making Tom Brady look like a bad guy. My bad, carry on. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']Not exactly. He said shortly after the playoffs that he'd played with a broken bone in his foot. It makes sense if you think about it: If you're planning to play through an injury like that, are you really going to let your opposition know about it in advance so that they can gameplan with it in mind?

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to get in the way of making Tom Brady look like a bad guy. My bad, carry on. ;)[/QUOTE]

I appreciate them not saying something about it while they're still playing games, but Clay Matthews hasn't stepped on a football field in six months. I don't really remember the timing of the Brady information, but I'm sure he waited a couple of years until he said anything because he's a big stupid jerkhead.

Speaking of Clay Matthews, my wife has decided she dislikes him (and by default not a fan of his team) because he looks like Sabretooth (yes the Wolverine enemy). I can see it.

OP is updated. If your availability isn't posted in there, let me know it.

Also if your CAG name isn't linked that means you haven't checked into this thread yet. So that's Ultimate Matt, iiD3AD PR3Zii, augmog, Man2008, Listerfiend and Shaneduncan, which actually isn't too bad. If you know one of these guys try to get them to swing by.

I finally got a chance to play the demo today. The game seems fast as hell. It's weird how different it feels to me despite being essentially the same game. I lost 17-10 on All-Pro, so a pretty poor showing with the Bears. I gave up two fumbles on kick returns and one went for a TD. Pretty fun though. Looking forward to getting a couple more games in before the 30th. I may try out the Packers, but I don't want Rodgers to spoil me before I get to Sanchez haha.

[quote name='Man2008']i had to wait a couple of days to post but im good now cant wait until the lag. start[/QUOTE]

:hot:

jk, I know you mean league. Welcome.

[quote name='ubernes']OP is updated. If your availability isn't posted in there, let me know it.

Also if your CAG name isn't linked that means you haven't checked into this thread yet. So that's Ultimate Matt, iiD3AD PR3Zii, augmog, Man2008, Listerfiend and Shaneduncan, which actually isn't too bad. If you know one of these guys try to get them to swing by.

[/QUOTE]

I'm here. CAG name and XBL name are the same for me. Also, how will messaging be done during the season? Will we get any info through XBL messages or PM messages?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm here. CAG name and XBL name are the same for me. Also, how will messaging be done during the season? Will we get any info through XBL messages or PM messages?[/QUOTE]

Most official communication from the league will be through CAG. Sometimes you might get a message on XBL if you need to play your game, but that's it. Everyone's expected to keep up with CAG in general and with this thread.

As far as setting up games go, it's a mix. CAG PMs work very well, but XBL messages will do too. People will tend to specify what the best way to get in touch with them will be.

Wow, Fat Albert is still rated an 83 overall, much higher than I thought. With the addition of him and Ellis (90 overall - thanks ubernes!), I'm going to have a pretty sick Madden defensive line, even with the loss of Ty Warren. And since they got rid of suction blocking (about time), having a great D-Line may actually matter this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back