Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ubernes']I'm officially quitting though. Sometimes you just need to know when to fold 'em. I clearly have not improved as a player of Madden and I was not able to improve my team either. It's simply not fun when I'm not able to be competitive and that's where I'm at right now.

Great bunch of seasons as always. I feel a bit bad calling it quits before the interest died but you guys outlasted me this year.[/QUOTE]

who did u give up?

[quote name='sprice8688']who did u give up?[/QUOTE]

To give up anything for Best is a ripoff haha. What a waste he is. I also gave up one of my best LBs. My safeties were weak but I'm getting run over now without him.

[quote name='ubernes']To give up anything for Best is a ripoff haha. What a waste he is. I also gave up one of my best LBs. My safeties were weak but I'm getting run over now without him.[/QUOTE]
i can trade u rolb stephen tulloch 88 ovr a pot... i run a 43 defense now so i drafted a young mlb and put daryl washington over there

Can somebody get ahold of LVPatriots and ask him to promote me back to commish in the JV League? I hate to bring it in here, but he's had 2 days to do it and somehow keeps forgetting. He even PM'd me this morning, saying "SHIT, my bad. I'll do it now." and it still didn't get done. We were supposed to advance last night. I appreciate it.

Yea bv he is 6ft, but he looks shorter. He's just decievingly good at everything. He's decievinngly tall, especially since he can jump out the stadium, he's decievinly fast, for his size if u watch him run his strides are enormous. He's gonna be a great addition. And I do think his hands are better than fitz and calvins. I'm talkin pure hands man he never ever uses his body to catch the ball, he's a vry unique reciever

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubernes']I'm officially quitting though. Sometimes you just need to know when to fold 'em. I clearly have not improved as a player of Madden and I was not able to improve my team either. It's simply not fun when I'm not able to be competitive and that's where I'm at right now.

Great bunch of seasons as always. I feel a bit bad calling it quits before the interest died but you guys outlasted me this year.[/QUOTE]

We've got spots open in the JV league. :bouncy:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']We've got spots open in the JV league. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Can I play in the jv league one franchise isn't enough for me ;)

C'mon uber I have to play as the ram's one of the worst team's in the game and somehow I made the playoff's last year lol

Uber we need u man u can't quit...not good for the league to have arguably its most dedicated player quit...but if u must quit, I look forward to your return in m13, hopefully ur jets will make some good moves for u............................what am I saying, fk the jets

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Can somebody get ahold of LVPatriots and ask him to promote me back to commish in the JV League? I hate to bring it in here, but he's had 2 days to do it and somehow keeps forgetting. He even PM'd me this morning, saying "SHIT, my bad. I'll do it now." and it still didn't get done. We were supposed to advance last night. I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

I'll call him for you.

Edit: Said he just did it.

You'll be missed big guy. :D

Before anyone panics that I'm going to go mad with dictatorial power, siradam/fero will be stepping in to fill uber's shoes so we'll still have two commissioners. Plus, power will stay consolidated in the AFC East where it belongs. ;)

[quote name='BSETI50']Yea bv he is 6ft, but he looks shorter. He's just decievingly good at everything. He's decievinngly tall, especially since he can't jump out the stadium, he's decievinly fast, for his size if u watch him run his strides are enormous. He's gonna be a great addition. And I do think his hands are better than fitz and calvins. I'm talkin pure hands man he never ever uses his body to catch the ball, he's a vry unique reciever[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you wrote. He's very unorthodox in the way he catches the ball.. though he's never had anyone as close to as accurate as Tom Brady throwing to him. :D

Brandon Lloyd is excellent. Take it from me. That's a great deal. I'm still mad the broncos gave him away for a fifth round pick.

team friendly too, 3yrs 12 mill. still got plenty of room to hopefully sign laron landry. im not crazy about landry, but hes certainly an upgrade from ihedigbo as far as starting SS goes. and it would allow the rest of the secondary to jus ball out in pass defense knowing hes able to come up n stuff run plays

[quote name='Doomtime']Sucks to see Uber go. We recruiting from the JV league then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'll need a replacement for the Jets and the Redskins (I'm gonna let them switch to the Raiders). Someone feel free to post it up in there.

I need the password so I can take my bucs back looks like a last sec FG won it for the cards to bad the cpu doesn't know my trick to stop the clock.

And how are you going to hurt my HB

[quote name='Tanabeo']I need the password so I can take my bucs back looks like a last sec FG won it for the cards to bad the cpu doesn't know my trick to stop the clock.

And how are you going to hurt my HB[/QUOTE]

PM'd you the password.

And that back has a 60 injury rating, I'd imagine it would be pretty hard not to hurt him.

[quote name='bvharris']PM'd you the password.

And that back has a 60 injury rating, I'd imagine it would be pretty hard not to hurt him.[/QUOTE]

the lower the number the better right

JETS ARE MINE! BV SAID SO!!! lol, no, seriously. I'd like to take them on since it seems like a fun division. As I told BV, I feel like I've learned a lot about Madden this year, so giving it another go toward the end of the game's life cycle will be a test for me for next year. Jahvid Best hasn't gotten old and slow yet right? lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']JETS ARE MINE! BV SAID SO!!! lol, no, seriously. I'd like to take them on since it seems like a fun division. As I told BV, I feel like I've learned a lot about Madden this year, so giving it another go toward the end of the game's life cycle will be a test for me for next year. Jahvid Best hasn't gotten old and slow yet right? lol[/QUOTE]

I will take Best from you for a 2nd round pick and CB wilson

[quote name='Tanabeo']I will take Best from you for a 2nd round pick and CB wilson[/QUOTE]

lol...I like how you offer Uber a 1st and Wilson for Best, but you offer me a 2nd and Wilson, hahaha. No thanks.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol...I like how you offer Uber a 1st and Wilson for Best, but you offer me a 2nd and Wilson, hahaha. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

your twisting my arm fine you can have the first to

[quote name='Tanabeo']I need the password so I can take my bucs back looks like a last sec FG won it for the cards to bad the cpu doesn't know my trick to stop the clock.

And how are you going to hurt my HB[/QUOTE]

People get hurt playing football.

Vick led a great fourth quarter drive and 2pt conversion to tie it up, I stuffed the cpu and got the ball back at the 50, threw one pass, and like the last one should have, I won with a last second field goal.

[quote name='Tanabeo']your twisting my arm fine you can have the first to[/QUOTE]

lol...I'm like Samuel L. Jackson in The Negotiator. At least let me get back into the league and look at the roster. ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol...I'm like Samuel L. Jackson in The Negotiator. At least let me get back into the league and look at the roster. ;)[/QUOTE]

Pshh, more like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction :lol:

New England Patriots 26 - Baltimore Ravens 14

The Patriots and Ravens met in a battle of perennial powerhouses, with the Patriots emerging victorious thanks to a very surprising (and dominant) performance by their defensive line. More on that later.

The Patriots received the opening kickoff and were able to score when McCoy found Julius Thomas on a 3rd-and-2 out which Thomas took behind the defense for a 47 yard score. The Ravens answered back with a great drive of their own, capped by a Flacco pass to Torry Smith.

In the second quarter, Colt McCoy threw his first INT as a Patriot on an ill-advised deep ball to Demaryius Thomas. However, after driving down the field Flacco threw a pick to Cornel Patrick (who came to NE in the Brady deal), who returned it 82 yards for the score. The Ravens were able to answer back with a long drive on which Flacco found Jamie Brooks for a 7-yard score. The Pats drove down to give Gostkowski a chance at a 59 yarder to end the half, but given the distance (and rain) it was well short. It was his second miss on the day after an earlier shorter attempt clanged off the crossbars (these were his first misses in two years). Halftime was reached with the score knotted 14-14.

The Ravens received the second half kick, but the Pats D came out fired up and forced a 3 and out to get the ball back. After a great return by Darius Holmes, the Pats converted the short field into a TD, a 4-yard scamper by Ross.

The Patriots D continued to dominate, with Asante Samuel getting a pick, which the Pats converted into a make by Gostkowski to give them a 10 point edge. The Pats D held again but were unable to run out the clock on their next possession (needing only one first) and punted it back. However, the D-line sacked Flacco three straight plays (two by Johnson the last by Cunningham) culminating in a safety which ended the game 26-14.

McCoy was solid other than the one mistake, going 10 of 14 for 135 yards, a TD and an INT.

Flacco threw more but was much more inaccurate, going 13 of 29 for 198 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Cobie Ross was only so-so, carrying 17 times for 77 yards and the TD.

Shakim Simmons carried 8 times for 49 yards, though more than half of that came on one 27 yard carry.

Julius Thomas was the leading receiver with 2 catches for 59 yards and a score. Nick Schexnayder continues to be great in his slot role, catching 4 balls for 50 yards. Gronk (1 catch) and White (0) were mostly silent in this one.

Dextrell Wallace was the leader for the Ravens with 3 catches for 65 yards (including one ridiculous diving catch on a deflected ball to convert a 3rd-and-forever), though Brooks and Smith had the TDs.

The Patriots sacked Flacco 7 times: 4 by Michael Johnson (who has 6 in 3 games since I moved him to LE and Cunningham to the other side), and one each by Cunningham, Wilfork, and Carswell (the rookie's third straight game with at least one sack). They also had the picks by Samuel and Patrick.

The Ravens got 1 pick (Earl Thomas beating Demaryius Thomas for a jump ball) and 1 sack by Ngata.

---
gg MA! Other than the dumb pick (Even as I threw it I was like "NEVER THROW DEEP WITH MCCOY!") I felt pretty good about how I played against your D. And even that one wasn't too bad since Thomas was open when I threw it, and he had a 50/50 shot to be the one coming down with it.

You did a great job of containing White (who I never targeted) and Gronk (who I did several times).

I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again. I look forward to it, we always have fun games. :D

[quote name='KasterDB']Pshh, more like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah...but...I meant...like...negotiating...a trade...ahh nevermind, lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah...but...I meant...like...negotiating...a trade...ahh nevermind, lol[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a little from column A, a little from column B? He was all, you're twisting my arm, I totally could've seen it go "OFFER ME A SECOND AGAIN MOTHERfuckER. I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU"

Man lol I was never really conscious about it before...but I have to start being aware of overlapping routes for my receivers cause that shiz can F you up good! On one play I had Lee Evans with like 2 steps on the CB in man coverage but Torrey Smith was in the vicinity just making the cut on his route, and as I threw it to Evans...the CB on SMITH jumped up and picked off the pass and took it back for a TD. Then I had my TE and a receiver bump into each other just as the pass was nearing my TE. Oh well...just something to keep in mind for the future.

It was a pretty good game...felt like it was a lot closer throughout without the fumbles this time around. Missed a few opportunities here and there, but BV limited his mistakes in the passing game so he earned this one. I've gotta say...from playing BV last year and seeing Colt McCoy in action this year, he looks just as good as Brady. No errant throws from what I could see, despite the 18 mph winds and heavy rain. Nothing was really thrown too deep, but I know that isn't BV's game to begin with...so that was a hell of a trade for him. That CB he got in the trade was the one who got the pick-six too.

I dunno if BV just got better at the whole strafing thing or what, but man I couldn't get any running room with Simmons with the strafe in effect. He didn't do it much at all in the 2nd half though, and I noticed a world of difference in the running game. I dunno what the difference was between last season and this season, cause I didn't think the strafing thing was very effective at all the last time we played. Maybe it's just the new MLB...that 95 acceleration is pretty nice.

And 7 sacks for the Patriots despite me having one of the best o-lines in the game...I noticed BV usering Michael Johnson near the end and it seemed pretty effective, cause I don't see Michael Johnson typically dominating Oher 1 on 1. Man one of those sacks was unlucky though...RIGHT after I snapped the ball on a passing play, my controller's battery died lol. I literally just switched the battery last night to one that had been fully charged...so I guess I need to throw that battery out. Other than that one sack though, my o-line was just getting beasted...every time I saw BV user-blitzing, I'd end up prematurely scrambling out of the pocket in fear which ended up getting me sacked even quicker lol. It probably doesn't help that I had to convert Jah Reid into my C when he's really a RT...I'm still trying to trade him for a C if anyone is interested!

But gg BV...you deserved it, I was outplayed, etc. etc....you could tell I was trying to user-strip on multiple occasions lol but I could never get it :/

[quote name='bvharris']Remaining Games:

Vikings-Packers
Steelers-Bengals
Rams-Titans
Redskins-Eagles
Panthers-Giants

Sup?[/QUOTE]

92de4d3f-bb54-43fa-a88a-2819dfe289f0.gif

You wouldn't think swapping defensive ends would make such a huge difference, but it has. Johnson and Cunningham have 7 sacks already this year, which matches the total number they had last season. They're very different ends in terms of their move set, for some reason Johnson has just been dominant from left end.

And yeah, I only shift my MLB when I'm usering him, which really wasn't part of my gameplan this time since I didn't expect you to try and do much running. Most of the game I was usering either Wake rushing off the right edge or Johnson off the left. I think most of Simmons getting loose in the second half was due to me playing straight pass-defense down the stretch more than anything.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']you could tell I was trying to user-strip on multiple occasions lol but I could never get it :/[/QUOTE]

If you're good at stripping (and I'm alright at it) you tend to be pretty cognizant on the other side of the ball too. The right bumper is your friend. :D

Thank you all for the kind words. It has been fun this year and I'm looking forward to Madden 13. I'm going to take a break from Madden 12 and if there's a team opening down the line perhaps I'll slide in and make sure we can keep the league full.

Good luck with the Jets, n8. You may want to tweak the depth chart to your liking, but you have a pretty solid squad there.

[quote name='ubernes']Thank you all for the kind words. It has been fun this year and I'm looking forward to Madden 13. I'm going to take a break from Madden 12 and if there's a team opening down the line perhaps I'll slide in and make sure we can keep the league full.

Good luck with the Jets, n8. You may want to tweak the depth chart to your liking, but you have a pretty solid squad there.[/QUOTE]

i'll miss ya something fierce uber... no way i can fill your shoes...but i'll try my best.... Enjoy the madden hiatus! (i hear it's healthy!!)

And that first TD with Torrey Smith was pretty insane too...he was sandwiched between 2 defenders, broke free, then scored the TD. But yeah that diving catch off the tip was awesome lol. It was 3rd and long so I was just trying to make something happen...too bad my DUMB TE dropped that other 3rd and long...his CIT is kinda low though...but still he doesn't drop a lot of passes. Maybe it was the rain..

[quote name='MasterAwesome']And that first TD with Torrey Smith was pretty insane too...he was sandwiched between 2 defenders, broke free, then scored the TD. But yeah that diving catch off the tip was awesome lol. It was 3rd and long so I was just trying to make something happen...too bad my DUMB TE dropped that other 3rd and long...his CIT is kinda low though...but still he doesn't drop a lot of passes. Maybe it was the rain..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you had a bunch of big catches.

As for your comments on McCoy, I agree, he's great. He can make 99% of the throws Brady can make on the routes I run routinely. But you also saw his limitations on that pick, Thomas came open but McCoy just couldn't get enough on it and it ended up a floater which Thomas picked off. No way Brady misses that throw.

As long as I keep McCoy within himself though, he's been great for me. Which is good, because my skills with Ross seemingly continue to regress, so McCoy has had to throw a lot more.

[quote name='bvharris']If you're good at stripping (and I'm alright at it)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yanksfan']Don't sell yourself short BV.[/QUOTE]

Had to pay my way through college somehow. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']If you're good at stripping (and I'm alright at it)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you just need more glitter and some new heels.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm glad to see Nate in this league[/QUOTE]

You're probably the only one, lol ;)

cowboys beat 49ers 31-40

defense was key in this game with 3 ints 6 sacks

the 3 ints were all by rookie justice dudes my monster

GG staticz looks like in the battle of brothers u lose again i guess the next battle takes places in the offical league see u then

[quote name='DVO21']cowboys beat 49ers 31-40

GG staticz looks like in the battle of brothers u lose again i guess the next battle takes places in the offical league see u then[/QUOTE]

I think this is the wrong thread, DVO :lol:

[quote name='DVO21']cowboys beat 49ers 31-40

GG staticz looks like in the battle of brothers u lose again i guess the next battle takes places in the offical league see u then[/QUOTE]

Wrong league, bitch :D

Tried to ninja me....too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back