Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

just curious but wut is the impact blocking really mean. wuts the difference between that and the run/pass block and why is it so important

[quote name='bvharris']While checking out my position grades on the CC Wesite...

eB2Nd.jpg

fucking Haynesworth! :lol:

Can't think of any other reason 85+84+81 would grade out to an F. Damn your laziness, Fat Albert.[/QUOTE]

Lol that's y we parted ways in Tennessee

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Can jags owner drop Faine[/QUOTE]

Very sorry, jumping on to drop him.

Done. Once again sorry, I didn't realize he was on the list.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Very sorry, jumping on to drop him.

Done. Once again sorry, I didn't realize he was on the list.[/QUOTE]

No biggie just an honest mistake

i was just thinking how i cant wait to start the reg Season but then i saw that i get the plesure of going head to head with Doom. lol

preseason is horrible when the starters go out and this redskins d line starters or not are amazing

are for some reason julio jones plays TE when i go double TE weird and when i did triple TE mike wallace was in there and pitta was playing my 3rd WR

preseason is weird and i dont like it

redskins had v davis as a WR which i was screwed with that. with situation like this setup just by the preseason kinda sucks its nones fault its jsut setup that way for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='staticz']Well you know you're going to lose when Charles fumbles it the only time he touches the ball...[/QUOTE]

yeh madden didnt seem to want you to win that one. drops and fumbles stuff like that. then again im not sure what your catch is for some of the WR you have.

[quote name='Hemingway012']i was just thinking how i cant wait to start the reg Season but then i saw that i get the plesure of going head to head with Doom. lol[/QUOTE]

Bucs right? I haven't had a chance to check out my schedule yet. Looking forward to the regular season though!

Can't afford anyone else! Went to go get some safety depth, and I'm about 150k short on all the min contract guys. Oh well, looks like this is the team I'm running with. How do you check the number of players on your roster?

well jsut lost to the redskins by 4 i believe it was a GG but weird as all hell RBs playing WR and WRs playing TE and TEs playing RB and safetys playing CB with CBs playing Safety. lol i didnt know wut to think of this game. really hope regular season comes fast becuz preseason is confusing my game plan completely

GG Man2008

good news is my defense rank was a 78 last year this year 85 overall so we are improving on that side of the ball

[quote name='ubernes']Can't afford anyone else! Went to go get some safety depth, and I'm about 150k short on all the min contract guys. Oh well, looks like this is the team I'm running with. How do you check the number of players on your roster?[/QUOTE]

i just count them lol lame in know but i dont know any other way

[quote name='Doomtime']Bucs right? I haven't had a chance to check out my schedule yet. Looking forward to the regular season though![/QUOTE]

yes its the Bucs i have done a lot to my team and im pretty excited. looking forward to our game.

Is this some sort of joke:

0CERL.gif

How many god damned times have we talked about not running up the score, even in the pre-season? Still throwing the ball in the 4th quarter when you're closing in on 80 points? I understand from fero that he even sent a message and it didn't stop. I can't think of any possible justification for doing this. If there is one, I'd sure as hell like to hear it.

Game 2 in the books for the Jets. Haven't had much of a run game yet. Not sure if it's my line, or how I'm using my RBs. I might need to hit up one of your NFC guys and gets some run-game tips. Especially anyone out there using a speed back.

McElroy looks better than Rivers so that's something. Levi Watson is a beast at WR, though it's against other 2nd stringers. And my two new starting safeties are pretty bad. Could be another ugly season, but hoping I can at least keep putting up points.

[quote name='bvharris']Is this some sort of joke:

0CERL.gif

How many god damned times have we talked about not running up the score, even in the pre-season? Still throwing the ball in the 4th quarter when you're closing in on 80 points? I understand from fero that he even sent a message and it didn't stop. I can't think of any possible justification for doing this. If there is one, I'd sure as hell like to hear it.[/QUOTE]

Since this is the preseason, I don't see the need to stop running regular offense with your backups in the game. This wasn't about running up the score, but still executing as I would just with backups. I especially like to get my rookie qb work during preseason and I wouldn't have been able to do that running the ball to end the game.

Edit: I don't recall a discussion about preseason scoring.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Since this is the preseason, I don't see the need to stop running regular offense with your backups in the game. This wasn't about running up the score, but still executing as I would just with backups. I especially like to get my rookie qb work during preseason and I wouldn't have been able to do that running the ball to end the game.

Edit: I don't recall a discussion about preseason scoring.[/QUOTE]

The very first item in the league rules is about running up the score. It's not just about stats, it's about having some respect for your opponent, that's why it's under the heading "don't be a dick."

If you need to be told specifically that being respectful to your opponents applies to every single game in the league, including preseason, that's kind of a sad commentary, but fine: You've now been told specifically. I don't care whether it was "about running up the score" or not, that's exactly what it was.

While the subject of sportsmanship, I have a question. If my opponent is down big meaning clearly less than a 1 percent chance of coming back and he knows I can't throw the ball given the guidelines of the league, is it okay for him to just engage 8 or 9 players and get free shots on my Running Backs ?

So this doesn't get confused, Im not asking can I air it out for a 60 yard bomb when I see this but is it ok to throw a quick route of some sort maybe get 10 yards and go down or throw to my running back to the sideline so that Im not just running a dive directly into linebackers.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']While the subject of sportsmanship, I have a question. If my opponent is down big meaning clearly less than a 1 percent chance of coming back and he knows I can't throw the ball given the guidelines of the league, is it okay for him to just engage 8 or 9 players and get free shots on my Running Backs ? [/QUOTE]

No, that's not okay. Winning gracefully and losing gracefully go hand in hand.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']
So this doesn't get confused, Im not asking can I air it out for a 60 yard bomb when I see this but is it ok to throw a quick route of some sort maybe get 10 yards and go down or throw to my running back to the sideline so that Im not just running a dive directly into linebackers.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have a problem with that. The important thing is to end the game safely and respectfully.

[quote name='bvharris']The very first item in the league rules is about running up the score. It's not just about stats, it's about having some respect for your opponent, that's why it's under the heading "don't be a dick."

If you need to be told specifically that being respectful to your opponents applies to every single game in the league, including preseason, that's kind of a sad commentary, but fine: You've now been told specifically. I don't care whether it was "about running up the score" or not, that's exactly what it was.[/QUOTE]

So.....because my 1st or 2nd team offense/defense flew out to a huge lead, I don't get to work on anything with my 6th round rookie qb? Then whats the point of doing preseason at all?

I am one of the classiest members of this league, especially when it comes to matters of the score. I've on more than one occasion kneeled at the 1 yard line of my opponent, punted the ball back when someone clearly hit the "A" button more than one time by mistake and threw a pick, run the clock out from the beginning of the second half and so on.

But to not be able to use my backups, especially my rookies (WR and QB) specifically because my lead is already too large in a preseason game makes the whole idea of playing the preseason sort of ridiculous.

well im glad that cru asked that question i was very curious about that as well. since ive had leads and felt like i had to run and they knew it and i would lose my lead because they knew i wouldnt be throwing it anymore and felt if i could throw a few short passes to get the first down and help take more off the clock and not try to take it to the endzone at all and if i was able to do that would just end up diving to not run the score up. its good to know that i can still pass short and not give full advantage to the defense of not having to guess wut im doing. and it has nothing to do with stats either falcons are just built for success in the passing game more than running

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
I am one of the classiest members of this league, especially when it comes to matters of the score.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to hear you see yourself that way. But saying "I'm classy" doesn't make it automatically true. Prove it by not doing this sort of thing.

But to not be able to use my backups, especially my rookies (WR and QB) specifically because my lead is already too large in a preseason game makes the whole idea of playing the preseason sort of ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Explain to me why getting your face bashed in by someone willfully running up the score is a more pleasant feeling in the preseason than it is in the regular season. Your opponent even asked you to stop and you didn't, that pretty much says it all right there.

If you want more work with your new players than the preseason games allow, that's why there's practice. Nobody cares if you hang 80 points on the practice squad.

[quote name='DVO21']well im glad that cru asked that question i was very curious about that as well. since ive had leads and felt like i had to run and they knew it and i would lose my lead because they knew i wouldnt be throwing it anymore and felt if i could throw a few short passes to get the first down and help take more off the clock and not try to take it to the endzone at all and if i was able to do that would just end up diving to not run the score up. its good to know that i can still pass short and not give full advantage to the defense of not having to guess wut im doing. and it has nothing to do with stats either falcons are just built for success in the passing game more than running[/QUOTE]

Yea I was wondering that for a while but was just waiting for the opportunity to address the subject and especially with me working on a deal for Frank Gore I might be fumbling alot more lol

[quote name='bvharris']It's nice to hear you see yourself that way. But saying "I'm classy" doesn't make it automatically true. Prove it by not doing this sort of thing.

Explain to me why getting your face bashed in by someone willfully running up the score is a more pleasant feeling in the preseason than it is in the regular season. Your opponent even asked you to stop and you didn't, that pretty much says it all right there.[/QUOTE]

1. Don't make this personal BV.

2.Preseason is about getting guys who usually won't play some real game action. Thats it. Its a glorified practice and the score shouldn't matter at all, its not even meant to be a competitive event.

3. He didn't ask me to stop. He said something like "throwing while up 73 to 14 is awesome" hardly a request.

[quote name='bvharris']It's nice to hear you see yourself that way. But saying "I'm classy" doesn't make it automatically true. Prove it by not doing this sort of thing.

Explain to me why getting your face bashed in by someone willfully running up the score is a more pleasant feeling in the preseason than it is in the regular season. Your opponent even asked you to stop and you didn't, that pretty much says it all right there.

If you want more work with your new players than the preseason games allow, that's why there's practice. Nobody cares if you hang 80 points on the practice squad.[/QUOTE]

We only get to complete one practice per week.

ya i just feel if im up by 14 and im forced to run and turn it over on downs and he scores then does an onside kick and gets its hes back in the game and its all becuz i couldnt pass anymore and he knew

[quote name='RamesuThe1']1. Don't make this personal BV.

2.Preseason is about getting guys who usually won't play some real game action. Thats it. Its a glorified practice and the score shouldn't matter at all, its not even meant to be a competitive event.

3. He didn't ask me to stop. He said something like "throwing while up 73 to 14 is awesome" hardly a request.[/QUOTE]

number 3 IMHO i would have to say would make it pretty clear hes telling u that ur being a dick.

80-14. Really?

Also, could you guys make sure to set the Browns owner to autopilot, since he won't be able to play today. He asked a couple of days ago in the thread also.

[/QUOTE]

Preseason or not, you're still playing against a human being who has to absorb that beating. That might not matter to you, in fact you've made it clear that it doesn't, but it does to me. And to the league. Watching your opponent run up 80 points is not any better a feeling in the preseason than it is in the regular season.

The league position on running up the score in the preseason has now been explicitly stated for you. Given that, I'm confident we won't have this issue again.

[quote name='DVO21']number 3 IMHO i would have to say would make it pretty clear hes telling u that ur being a dick.[/QUOTE]

Respect is a two-way street. I don't know how to respond to sarcastic complaints.

I won't lie prior to this current activity in the thread I didn't think that the rules on preseason were as strict as the rules in the season I figured alot of people may be trying out plenty of players including myself I have about 8 recievers to sift through and find out who will make the team. I just figured nobody really cared about the preseason as far as gameplay and as long as I wasn't trying to run my starters all game I was fine.

In reference to the current situation with Ramesu and Fero ( just so I know for my future games ) if he would of kept running his offense and just went down to the 1 yard line in the 4th quarter and went out of bounds than just kicked a field goal to make the score a lower would that have been ok ?

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Respect is a two-way street. I don't know how to respond to sarcastic complaints.[/QUOTE]

i realize that and ive played u and u have done things not to make the score uglier than it could have been. u have always been a good sport to play against when i was in ur division so i will give u that one. but i cant believe u honestly think it was ok and that u didnt realize wut his message ment it may have came off a little as a smartass but when ur doing that can u really blame him

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Respect is a two-way street. I don't know how to respond to sarcastic complaints.[/QUOTE]

You Lost ALL of my respect the instant you started throwing the ball up 73-14 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, bud.

Talk about a two way street....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']We only get to complete one practice per week.[/QUOTE]

Just quit before it ends and you can run it again. That's what people with too much time on our hands do for fun!

[quote name='siradam134']You Lost ALL of my respect the instant you started throwing the ball up 73-14 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, bud.

Talk about a two way street....[/QUOTE]

Thats good to know.

[quote name='Dark Rider']80-14. Really?

Also, could you guys make sure to set the Browns owner to autopilot, since he won't be able to play today. He asked a couple of days ago in the thread also.[/QUOTE]
sent u a pm can u play to$$$$t

[quote name='siradam134']You Lost ALL of my respect the instant you started throwing the ball up 73-14 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, bud.

Talk about a two way street....[/QUOTE]

That's BS, why would you run up the score like that. If your tryin to get practice in then use practice mode and play the CPU, why beat on another player like that. This isn't normal online mode where anything goes. I played this past season and quite honestly sucked, could teams like Doom and other really destroyed me sure but a 5 or 6 td lead sufficed. It all boils down to common sense.

This is too Ramesu not fero by the way. Edit**

So, if we aren't playing these games for practice with new players etc, why are we playing them at all? Honestly, if I were on the other side of this, it wouldn't bother me at all.

This is PRE-SEASON! How else am I gonna practice with my rookie 6th round pick against another human if all I'm allowed to do in PRE-SEASON is turn and hand the ball off.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']So, if we aren't playing these games for practice with new players etc, why are we playing them at all? Honestly, if I were on the other side of this, it wouldn't bother me at all. [/QUOTE]

You're not on the other side of this. Fero is. And it clearly bothered him. How you might feel if it happened to you is utterly immaterial.

You're wrong. Nobody seems willing to even come close to defending hanging 80 points on another league member. Nobody agrees with the points you're trying (and failing) to make.

You're not getting a strike, just being reminded of the rules and asked not to do this in the future. Take the reminder and move on.

[quote name='Chetty12']Trade:

Cardinals receive-
3rd round pick

Titans receive-
John Skelton- QB, 25 years old, 76 OVR, 1 year remaining for 590K in 2013[/QUOTE]

Can't believe you're going to move John "65 yard fumble recovery" Skelton. :D

[quote name='Man2008']Repost Mario manningham Wr 82 ovr
To the redskins for
Lennord hankerson Wr 76 ovr and 4th round pick[/QUOTE]

Are these the only two deals we've got on the table? Or did I miss any?

This is the last thing I will mention about this ordeal.

1. Just to get a general sense, are any of you treating these games like you're trying to win? (I'm not)

2. No question, unequivocally, if this were a regular season game, I would have absolutely taken my proverbial foot off the gas. But, because the only practice we get against humans with our backups are these games, I thought it useful to get my rookies some reps in a normal offensive gameplan.

[quote name='bvharris']Can't believe you're going to move John "65 yard fumble recovery" Skelton. :D

Are these the only two deals we've got on the table? Or did I miss any?[/QUOTE]

You forgot our Champ Bailey deal ;)

bread's done
Back