MAG (PS3) Used $0.99 GameStop

Totally going to be picking one up at the store. Even if servers go down soon, which is all speculation at this point.. it's still worth it for 0.99.

so I know it's just $1, but is it worth it if you don't have friends/don't like talking to strangers? I've heard a lot of people will boot you without a mic

[quote name='oasisboy']In before all the comments about complete games vs gutted and how GameStop sucks and so on.

It's a fucking dollar, don't complain if your game is not perfect![/QUOTE]

It seems like you are the one always starting fights man...
If there isn't an issue don't start one :whistle2:|

[quote name='Roman']I've heard joining games as a new player now isn't fun.
"Oh look a level 1." *Everyone votekicks you*
So YMMV[/QUOTE]

From my experience everytime there is a vote to kick some one it never goes through people are focused on all the action to waste their time with one player.

I've had MAG for 3 years and the community is not as very active as it was back then for example my fav. Game mode was Domination because it was the one that had 256 players go at it but now theres only like 90 people playing that mode. Theres two game modes that still have a lot of players. Last night there were around 800 players playing MAG.

thanks op. couldn't find the game but picked up and Watchmen: End is Nigh with the Director's Cut Blu-Ray for $5. The two posters were missing but the box and instructions were in decent shape. Wasn't a huge fan of the film, seeing as how they had to cut out so much from the source material, but trying out the game at that price seemed too good to pass up.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Are you at a huge disadvantage if just starting out? Also, are their vehicles like in Battlefield?[/QUOTE]

You are at a disadvantage, but not a huge one. Learning the maps is key to becoming good at the game.

There are vehicles in some of the modes.

Thanks OP! Not all that into online-only multiplayer games, but I couldn't resist grabbing one to check out for $1 (complete with case and manual).

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']It seems like you are the one always starting fights man...
If there isn't an issue don't start one :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I am just trying to prevent the inevitable bitching that comes along with a GameStop below $5 deal. It always happens so I wanted to deliver a preemptive strike.

I don't call them fights. I call them constructive discussions.

By the way... WE ARE...

$5 too much, and my guess is that the severs won't be up much longer since all of Zipper's other games had their servers axed. Just get BF3 instead.

[quote name='oasisboy']I am just trying to prevent the inevitable bitching that comes along with a GameStop below $5 deal. It always happens so I wanted to deliver a preemptive strike.

By the way... WE ARE...[/QUOTE]

You didn't "prevent" anything, in fact all you did was bring out a bunch of people (myself included) to bitch about your original comment.

[quote name='oasisboy']I am just trying to prevent the inevitable bitching that comes along with a GameStop below $5 deal. It always happens so I wanted to deliver a preemptive strike.

GameStop sucks because they sell used games as new. There, you didn't prevent shit, go back to your cave.

how did you prevent bitching when you are the one whose bitching about others ...... bitching ????

[quote name='strait edge follower']how did you prevent bitching when you are the one whose bitching about others ...... bitching ????[/QUOTE]

He became the very thing he hated

[quote name='bjstucker']be weary servers might go down as all the socom ones went down.[/QUOTE]

You mean the old Socom games?

AFAIK Socom 4 is still up.

Count me in if other CAGs are going to start playing.

[quote name='Shimrra']Its $1 how bad can it be? I'm picking mine up at lunch time.[/QUOTE]

I love the gif in you signature!

[quote name='RedReaper']Thanks OP. Downloading update as I type. Less than 700 mb. Which side should I pick?[/QUOTE]
From what I remember, when I played this game 2 years ago, the sver faction is more noob friendly.

[quote name='RedReaper']Thanks OP. Downloading update as I type. Less than 700 mb. Which side should I pick?[/QUOTE]

From what I usually see when I play is that SVER and Ravens are the teams that are still pretty active. I play on the SVER team and they usually never kick beginners from the team and I know this because I never got kicked or my friends that got the game last year.

This is one of my top 5 PS3 games. I played Raven through level 60 and then started SVER before i dropped it due to my backlog. Maybe with all the new CAGS picking it up i should jump back in.

Picked up one on my way home from work. Looking forward to the game - played the demo, had my eye on it, but enough of a backlog to keep me from picking it up, but who can resist at this price...

[quote name='Olengie']Picked one up. Might pick a few more just for the cases. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That was kind of my thinking. It never hurts to have extra cases.

Got the second to last one there and the last one with a manual. Came out to $.94 after PUR discount :).

I'll pop the disc in, boot it up, quit, and let PS+ update it overnight.

Edit: oh... It updates in-game, I'll still figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Grabbed a copy. Played the demo a while ago, and it was kind of fun, but I didn't think it was worth the money back then. For a buck though, you can't go wrong. If nothing else, you get a cool looking case to add to your shelf.

Niiice yeah I have yet to play a fps on ps3 too its my go to bluray and japan import playing machine but for that change I am gonna have to drive on down to the union city gs. Oh how I loathe gamestop but I might as well go to that one pick up some delicious jolibee and have a night with a .99 cent game and some chicken and beer lol

Ugh, I bought a copy from BB just about a month ago. Can't return now, but whatever. It was B2G1 used, and I got $10 in certs back.

[quote name='Olengie']Picked one up. Might pick a few more just for the cases. :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you're going to waste a game, don't waste 1 that can help jump start a big game community. There's plenty of 99¢ 'junk' to choose from if all you want are cases.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so I know it's just $1, but is it worth it if you don't have friends/don't like talking to strangers? I've heard a lot of people will boot you without a mic[/QUOTE]

I used to play it without а mic and never got kick, of course that was almost 2 year ago.

bread's done
Back