MAG (PS3) Used $0.99 GameStop

[quote name='vickers500']What did Haggar say that you say is a myth? Because unless you know him or those managers he spoke of personally, you can't really disprove what he said. They may have rules against what he claims they were doing, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do it or that it was impossible for them to do it.

And gamestop does gut copies and sell them as new. I can personally attest to that.

As for the harassment/aggressive behavior in an attempt to make a sale, it's up to the individual what they consider to be annoying/harassment. Personally, they annoy the crap out of me. They ask me if I want to pre-order something, I say no, I don't want to pre-order 'anything', not at this time. Then they go on to list about 3 or 4 more games which I have to keep repeating the same response to over and over again.

I hate gamestop, but a sale is a sale, and sometimes there are no other alternatives to the sale. I can't go to Amazon and order MAG for 96 cents, I can't go to walmart or hastings for that price, so I settle on gamestop. If I could get the game for that much at ANYWHERE else, I would, but my hatred for the company and its practices isn't quite worth the money I save when I take advantage of deals, but that doesn't make what gamestop does okay.[/QUOTE]

Nice post but its a waste. Homie seems to be a blind defender of gamestop from what others have said in this thread. I agree with everything you said, except I don't buy from GameStop even when there are 'deals'. I don't remember the last time gamestop had a deal on anything I wanted heh. To each their own though.

[quote name='vickers500']What did Haggar say that you say is a myth? Because unless you know him or those managers he spoke of personally, you can't really disprove what he said. They may have rules against what he claims they were doing, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do it or that it was impossible for them to do it.

And gamestop does gut copies and sell them as new. I can personally attest to that.

As for the harassment/aggressive behavior in an attempt to make a sale, it's up to the individual what they consider to be annoying/harassment. Personally, they annoy the crap out of me. They ask me if I want to pre-order something, I say no, I don't want to pre-order 'anything', not at this time. Then they go on to list about 3 or 4 more games which I have to keep repeating the same response to over and over again.

I hate gamestop, but a sale is a sale, and sometimes there are no other alternatives to the sale. I can't go to Amazon and order MAG for 96 cents, I can't go to walmart or hastings for that price, so I settle on gamestop. If I could get the game for that much at ANYWHERE else, I would, but my hatred for the company and its practices isn't quite worth the money I save when I take advantage of deals, but that doesn't make what gamestop does okay.[/QUOTE]

and thank you for proving his point. people harp on endlessly about evil gamestop to a point where i am fairly certain half of it all lies at this point and just made up BS. take the story that started this it starts with the standard GS is evil bit in long rant form and eventually comes out with oh it was ok this time.

see if you hate a place to such an extent DONT SHOP THERE. even for an amazing deal like this game. if you hate the store then simply avoid it even for an amazing deal otherwise you are just a senseless hypocrite at the very least which is also another form of lying which means how do i know that person is telling the truth? they hate the place to no end but go there anyway? clearly their words and actions dont match so they are a proven liar. so at that point i can safely conclude there is a high chance the entire GS has been screwing me over and are evil rant is just one giant lie.

also as he pointed out people seem to not mind at all when new games are converted to used and the prices are slashed. so again either hate the entire company and avoid it like the plague or shut the hell up about it as being a hypocrite is being a liar which means your stories of GS screwed me are suspect at best. so yes we can prove GS rant stories as false its not too hard when you use a little logic and word definitions.

so what the GS haters are TRULY saying is...."I hate GS they are evil for X reasons....but if there is a sale ill go there anyway so they arent too evil afterall....also i have no problem trading in half broken consoles and games and controllers cause its all about me baby"

thats really what the GS hating amounts to.....now if any of you GS haters actually stick by what you say and avoid them even during the best sales ever your opinion is valid and quite possibly factual as you are not a liar and hypocrite. its like saying i hate dogs but i have a pet dog everyday and play with him constantly.....it makes your entire argument fall apart.

@Kanye2000

We don't live in a world where principles always come first. Not many people have that luxury. Some people hate eating fast food, yet don't have enough money or time to eat freshly cooked meals, and don't really have too much of a choice, so they continue to eat fast food when they can't afford the healthier stuff. Yeah they could probably buy some non-fast food, but they wouldn't get enough to get their fill. It's not an issue of hypocrisy, it's an issue of having to put up with the crap that life throws at us, and deal with it as best we can.

Same thing goes for games. Not everyone has the money to spend on every game they want, so they go with the cheapest option, because society isn't based around principles.

Even if that makes people even slightly hypocritical (I don't believe it does), it doesn't make their arguments any less valid, at least in this case. Being a hypocrite doesn't mean you're wrong, it just means you're not 100% dedicated to your principles, which lets be honest, almost nobody is.

Gamestop CAN and SHOULD do a lot better. They shouldn't try to sell opened copies as new and they shouldn't be quite as nosy as they are with their pre-order questions.

I don't like GameStop, I don't shop at GameStop regardless of their "deals," and I generally avoid their threads. I'm only in here cause MAG is fuckin awesome.

[quote name='vickers500']@Kanye2000

We don't live in a world where principles always come first. Not many people have that luxury. Some people hate eating fast food, yet don't have enough money or time to eat freshly cooked meals, and don't really have too much of a choice, so they continue to eat fast food when they can't afford the healthier stuff. Yeah they could probably buy some non-fast food, but they wouldn't get enough to get their fill. It's not an issue of hypocrisy, it's an issue of having to put up with the crap that life throws at us, and deal with it as best we can.

Same thing goes for games. Not everyone has the money to spend on every game they want, so they go with the cheapest option, because society isn't based around principles.

Even if that makes people even slightly hypocritical (I don't believe it does), it doesn't make their arguments any less valid, at least in this case. Being a hypocrite doesn't mean you're wrong, it just means you're not 100% dedicated to your principles, which lets be honest, almost nobody is.

Gamestop CAN and SHOULD do a lot better. They shouldn't try to sell opened copies as new and they shouldn't be quite as nosy as they are with their pre-order questions.[/QUOTE]

the irony is cooking food is quite a bit cheaper than fast food hell a basic sandwhich that takes 5 minutes to make or less is healthier and cheaper. that being said comparing food(a basic neccessity to survive) to a luxury is just absurd. you really cant compare the two. so you can very well take a stand against gamestop and live just fine....but food yea you cant do that. lets not compare apples and oranges.

secondly you dont think people shopping at a store they hate is hypocritical? you do know what the word means right?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

there look at definition two....yea this sort of makes GS haters that buying mag hypocrites theres really no way around that.

you are right we arent always a moral group of people....but if you lie then unless i see overwhelming evidence to support what you say i can rightfully say you are a liar why should i believe you? so if you are a hypocrite why should i believe you? you clearly lie...see my point? if you preach i should be faithful to my wife yet i know you are a hypocrite i know then there is a chance you are cheater and liar. its really not hard to see how being a hypocrite is just an extension of lying.

my point isnt the morality of lying although i think its bad....its every damn thread you hear about GS is evil....then these same people or at least most go jump in on the GS is great parade the moment they offer a good deal....and quite frankly its annoying and stupid and illogical. leave your GS rants elsewhere.

[quote name='oasisboy']You can't have it all. You don't like GameStop practices of selling gutted games as new but you don't have a problem picking the best case and best booklet for a $.99 game. Also, people dont seem to have a problem when new games get converted to used.

Why was their approach aggressive? Did they persist over and over where it got annoying or was it a simple question of preordering a couple of games? I have been to at least 20 different gamestops in 4 states and I have never been harassed to preorder a game. They get the point right away by my response.

I was an employee of GameStop for almost 2 years and it is prohibited to take games home. HR has a code for termination if someone takes games home. If a manager gets caught doing this or allowing this they will be fired and their term code will say "took merchandise home" (or something along those lines). Employees were able to do this in the past but a policy was implemented by HR against this.[/QUOTE]
I worked for Gamestop too. Why lie about it? Employees could take home any game, new or used. Just make sure to delete any data on it, and you're good. I never did it, but it is allowed.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']I worked for Gamestop too. Why lie about it? Employees could take home any game, new or used. Just make sure to delete any data on it, and you're good. I never did it, but it is allowed.[/QUOTE]

Make sure to delete data on it? This isn't the N64 days any more, the actual game discs don't store any of our data.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Make sure to delete data on it? This isn't the N64 days any more, the actual game discs don't store any of our data.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of the DS? One of the most popular platforms?

Loved this game, bought it day 1, played it for too many hours to count. Never wanted to be in charge of the squads, I was just content to run around with a shotgun and slay everyone making sure to pick up my squadmates that drop, or anyone I could for that matter. Was the only fps on a console that I felt I was truly a threat to the other teams. Ah what fun, would recommend if you can play with friends and have a mic.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Make sure to delete data on it? This isn't the N64 days any more, the actual game discs don't store any of our data.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Never heard of the DS? One of the most popular platforms?[/QUOTE]

mj-laughing.gif

[quote name='oasisboy']You can't have it all. You don't like GameStop practices of selling gutted games as new but you don't have a problem picking the best case and best booklet for a $.99 game. Also, people dont seem to have a problem when new games get converted to used. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319173

Why was their approach aggressive? Did they persist over and over where it got annoying or was it a simple question of preordering a couple of games? I have been to at least 20 different gamestops in 4 states and I have never been harassed to preorder a game. They get the point right away by my response.

I was an employee of GameStop for almost 2 years and it is prohibited to take games home. HR has a code for termination if someone takes games home. If a manager gets caught doing this or allowing this they will be fired and their term code will say "took merchandise home" (or something along those lines). Employees were able to do this in the past but a policy was implemented by HR against this.[/QUOTE]

U mad, bro? Managers have a sign out book and employees are allowed to take home new gutted games for up to 7 days at a time. Then they are brought back, as a used game, and sold as new. That is a fact.

Why is there always 12 gutted "display" copies of popular new games like Maddden or Halo? Because every employee in the store signed a copy out.

[quote name='Haggar']U mad, bro? Managers have a sign out book and employees are allowed to take home new gutted games for up to 7 days at a time. Then they are brought back, as a used game, and sold as new. That is a fact.

Why is there always 12 gutted "display" copies of popular new games like Maddden or Halo? Because every employee in the store signed a copy out.[/QUOTE]

I guess that sheet I saw from HR must be a lie about termination for taking stuff home. Every store and every employee takes a popular game home? Just think about that statement for one second.

I like how those who disagree with me keep ignoring the sale of new games that got converted to used. Very convenient.

Look, not all stores are the same because not all employees are the same. That's a fact. I am sure that are "some" stores that have employees harassing people and perhaps some games are taken home but they are not supposed to. Personally I think that's a really small percentage.

If you hate that practice don't shop at GameStop and prove your point. Don't come to GameStop threads and ignore every single deal from them. I know they are not perfect but neither is best buy or amazon, yet I don't see myths about them mentioned as fact all the time.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']I worked for Gamestop too. Why lie about it? Employees could take home any game, new or used. Just make sure to delete any data on it, and you're good. I never did it, but it is allowed.[/QUOTE]

It is not allowed by corporate. If I still worked there I would have uploaded the sheet to end that myth once and for all.

[quote name='kayne2000']
now if any of you GS haters actually stick by what you say and avoid them even during the best sales ever your opinion is valid and quite possibly factual as you are not a liar and hypocrite. its like saying i hate dogs but i have a pet dog everyday and play with him constantly.....it makes your entire argument fall apart.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

I was buying 2 copies yesterday and they GS guy asked me if I wanted more, so I asked if they were complete and he said yes. So I went ahead and bought 10, basically got 1 free with the 10% off. Not sure what I'll do with 10, figured I'd pass them out to some buddies.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Shit, I forgot to read your mind.[/QUOTE]

Awe come on dude. You were acting like there haven't been game saves since nes days. It's best not to come back with some saucy crap when you're wrong.

[quote name='oasisboy']It is not allowed by corporate. If I still worked there I would have uploaded the sheet to end that myth once and for all..[/QUOTE]

You act like rules are followed 100% of the time. They are not.

Sorry for the double post.

[quote name='vickers500']

"Hate GameStop but a sale is a sale". I won't bother with the rest of the comment.

[quote name='confoosious']You act like rules are followed 100% of the time. They are not.

Sorry for the double post.[/QUOTE]

I never said rules are followed 100% of the time. Did you read my previous post? "Look, not all stores are the same because not all employees are the same. That's a fact. I am sure that are "some" stores that have employees harassing people and perhaps some games are taken horme but they are not supposed to. Personally I think that's a really small percentage. "

Not all the stores (be it WalMart or best buy) follow the rules all the time either.

GameStop is not perfect. There I said it.

Oasis, are you saying you aren't hypocritical (a "liar") at all, in any area of your life? I find that very hard to believe. The reality is, ethics are not black and white...they are all kinds of shades of gray. To say you hate a place but still shop there is not always a black and white situation. We had DirecTV for a while, because it was the only television provider for our area at the time. I HATE DirecTV with a passion (worst customer service ever!), but I didn't have any alternatives. Did that make me a hypocrite? Well, that depends. You could insist that it does, because I could choose to not have television service, but I'm not sure most people would agree with that (or that the general laws of ethics would agree either). Sometimes we are forced to make compromises (even to our "principles") or throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And you could say, like with the food example, that it's not the same thing, but that's a cop-out. You can't make an argument for one thing and not apply it across the board. It's either valid or not valid.

Re: Gamestop, I don't like them generally, because I've heard and experienced some of the things people here have complained about. But my local store is actually pretty good. Should I punish this store for being better than their sister stores or parent company? I actually think they should be rewarded for that. Very few things are as cut and dry as you seem to want to make it.

Did you guys know that if this thread was about Amazon, the roles would be reversed? Oasisboy would be the one talking trash about it and calling everyone that has a single good thing about Amazon a fanboy. Based on his comments in this thread, since he is anti-hypocrite, he should stop talking trash about Amazon because no retailer is perfect and unless he stops shopping there all together, he has no right to hate on it. That and he is a gamestop fanboy.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Did you guys know that if this thread was about Amazon, the roles would be reversed? Oasisboy would be the one talking trash about it and calling everyone that has a single good thing about Amazon a fanboy. Based on his comments in this thread, since he is anti-hypocrite, he should stop talking trash about Amazon because no retailer is perfect and unless he stops shopping there all together, he has no right to hate on it. That and he is a gamestop fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I have stopped talking about amazon. When it comes to amazon fanboys all I have said was that every retail deal (including Best Buy and Others stores) always had someone asking for a price match at amazon. That has stopped and I haven't made any reference to it. My stance is that we need to buy at retail stores since they create most of the jobs as compared to amazon. All amazon is doing (for the most part) is price matching. If you ask me newegg is beating amazon with gaming deals.

I agree that this got derailed and I am part of the blame. I will leave this alone so we can move on and talk about this deal instead. I already said what needed to be said.

[quote name='oasisboy']I never said rules are followed 100% of the time. Did you read my previous post? "Look, not all stores are the same because not all employees are the same. That's a fact. I am sure that are "some" stores that have employees harassing people and perhaps some games are taken horme but they are not supposed to. Personally I think that's a really small percentage. "

Not all the stores (be it WalMart or best buy) follow the rules all the time either.

GameStop is not perfect. There I said it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know or care what you and others are bitching about now, but fact is you performed a preemptive strike against Gamestop naysayers in this thread and are now cluttering up the thread with other random crap not related to the sale or the game MAG.

Please STFU .

[quote name='oasisboy']I have stopped talking about amazon. When it comes to amazon fanboys all I have said was that every retail deal (including Best Buy and Others stores) always had someone asking for a price match at amazon. That has stopped and I haven't made any reference to it. My stance is that we need to buy at retail stores since they create most of the jobs as compared to amazon. All amazon is doing (for the most part) is price matching. If you ask me newegg is beating amazon with gaming deals.

I agree that this got derailed and I am part of the blame. I will leave this alone so we can move on and talk about this deal instead. I already said what needed to be said.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Actually, you said what you wanted to say. None of this was needed in this thread.

I would jump on this but honestly I expect it to have hardly anybody playing online. Probably not worth the price of gas to drive down to GS to buy it.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I would jump on this but honestly I expect it to have hardly anybody playing online. Probably not worth the price of gas to drive down to GS to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Full games are still being played at all hours of the day, I was surprised too when I saw a few thousand people still playing this, it was good fun too.

I played a few games last night and enjoyed myself. I picked the us army or rangers team or whatever its called and it seemed to have a healthy community of players (I'm sure a giant influx due to Gamestop's 99¢ used copies helped).

I was absolutely destroyed by the other teams, I think I killed literally 1 player and died at least 50 times, but I had fun, wasn't harassed or booted, and I was revived several times by teammates.

I had a blast and will play more tonight.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Man, you weren't joking. Store I went into today had seven of them in their bin all properly stickered. None of them were in the greatest hits case like the picture on the website.

Anybody know if the greatest hits version included DLC, did it?[/QUOTE]

I think all the DLC is free now, not sure on that though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I think all the DLC is free now, not sure on that though.[/QUOTE]

One of the DLC is free the other is 4.99

[quote name='Kirnzee']One of the DLC is free the other is 4.99[/QUOTE]

PS+ had that map pack free early on in the service's lifespan. Glad I downloaded that way back then even though I didn't own the game.

By the way, guys, add me if you want to play together. MattYoung730

[quote name='Paleselan']Servers will probably be turned off soon.[/QUOTE]

Unless its within a day this is still worth it. Less cost than a 1-day Redbox rental.

I picked one up. Why would they turn servers off now? This is going to create a pretty large influx of people who will play and probably buy DLC. They don't just turn servers off for no reason.

My friend and I got our copies yesterday. Played about 8 matches today. Love it so far.

We both picked the Valor team, won 2 of 8 matches. More people should join Valor!! It'll even the balance out.

Add me if you want to play in a group b1rdman973

Tip: Use the Multiqueue to join games easier, plus you get a 40% XP bonus!

LOL, i saw this on SD thread, where IATCG is talking about trying to clean out his local gamestop store, so he can sell it on the flea market for $5-6.

[quote name='Matt Young']PS+ had that map pack free early on in the service's lifespan. Glad I downloaded that way back then even though I didn't own the game.

By the way, guys, add me if you want to play together. MattYoung730[/QUOTE]

I've been a + subscriber since day 1, and I purchase all free DLC and games no matter what, just in case.

[quote name='YBX87']LOL, i saw this on SD thread, where IATCG is talking about trying to clean out his local gamestop store, so he can sell it on the flea market for $5-6.[/QUOTE]

my boy hasnt chaged a bit lmao. i did learn alot from him though, mabye a bit too much

If any of you guys are curious but don't want to go get it just yet, there's a demo available on PSN. I'll probably go look for it later but it's probably going to cost me more in gas money to drive over to Gamestop and back than to actually buy the game :)

Picked up a copy yesterday. It came complete with original case and manual. And there was only one gamestop sticker on the case and it peeled off easily without leaving any residue. \\:D/ I guess it was just one of those days.

Even if the Servers shut down, look at the bright side. You got a Game Case and a few hours of entertainment. Well worth the dollar. xD

[quote name='strait edge follower']my boy hasnt chaged a bit lmao. i did learn alot from him though, mabye a bit too much[/QUOTE]

Man, I miss him.

Got my copy yesterday in great shape from reserving for pick up online. Didn't even have to waste gas because it was in walking distance from work. It was also nice not to be hounded for stuff, probably because I was in my Best Buy uniform when I walked in so I actually made sure I did the survey for once for the employee. Left a positive review about being knowledgeable about deals/products and very helpful.

Just went and bought a copy myself. Decided to trade in a game and my iPad 2 while the 50% trade in was still going and this was my best option (IMO) for the cheap pre-owned purchase I needed to make! Can't beat .89, .95 after tax! Lol

bread's done
Back