MAG (PS3) Used $0.99 GameStop

I just picked up my copy. It came out to .89 with the PowerUp card. Plus I renewed my card to Pro status. But my copy doesn't have a manual in it. I'm sure the manual is only a few pages, right?

[quote name='xlost4']I just picked up my copy. It came out to .89 with the PowerUp card. Plus I renewed my card to Pro status. But my copy doesn't have a manual in it. I'm sure the manual is only a few pages, right?[/QUOTE]

10 pages +/-.

It's 14 pages (in color, if that matters) but there's no info you couldn't figure out on your own and one of those is the ever-useless Notes page. ;)

[quote name='Cofresi']I used to play it without а mic and never got kick, of course that was almost 2 year ago.[/QUOTE]

Which one of the 100 people is going to boot you?

I never used a mic and had 100+ hours in this game without issue.

Great underrated game.

Pretty high learning curve though, prepare to have your ass handed too you.. depending on how many people even play it.

BUT.. didn't the game go F2P??

got a couple in stock at my local GS so I'm gonna stop by tomorrow and see if I can get 2, one for me and my friend. thanks op for the find

There were 27 at my store. I grabbed a couple. I also returned Bioshock Infinite and got cash instead of store credit:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably going to go back tomorrow and scoop up two copies for a friend and my cousin.

I just finished all the installation and I will play it tomorrow.

[quote name='ctclements']You didn't "prevent" anything, in fact all you did was bring out a bunch of people (myself included) to bitch about your original comment.[/QUOTE]

Inter-tough-guy-April.jpg
d

[quote name='gettinmoney662']GameStop sucks because they sell used games as new. There, you didn't prevent shit, go back to your cave.[/QUOTE]

user_10128_HHCH6FTF.jpg

I only bought this to get the extra 50% on GTA IV.

Made the trade in value (with PUR) $16 and only cost $.89 with a net of $15.11.

BTW - I don't even own a PS3.

probably the best $.96 I've ever spent on a game. even though it takes a while to get into a squad/game, there are still A LOT of people online who still play this game. just finished a match with a full 126 players. still amazes me how many people were in my squad.

Yeah just got back from hanging out abit and bought out the last 3 copies of MAG and 2 truth or lies in Union City Cali's gs 5 games for 5 bucks all complete like new no scratches not a bad deal, not a bad deal at all. Gonna give a few out to friends and spread the love, but anyone wanna get in a match give an invi I'll be on most of this weekend. cheaaa

Thanks OP - got one yesterday. Played for about an hour. Pretty fun. I actually like how the skills allow you to enhance certain aspects of the game.

A tip for newbies - set up multiqueue. You get a bonus (20% per game mode queued) to your xp so you level up faster.

went this morning and picked up my copy but there was only 1 so my friend is going to his GS to see if they still have tomorrow. thanks again

Watched some YouTube videos, and I may give it a shot for $1. I'm just not sure I have the time to devote to MAG to get the good guns and gadgets.

Don't buy MAG. It's not worth it. SVER and Raven clans are actively using moles now on your team to make winning easier.

Team sabotaging is up 100x more than it was in the past.

[quote name='Stimes']Ps move/sharpshooter works pretty good with this game, never used the sixaxis controller with it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Got a Sharpshooter for $5 on Black Friday, and I need more games that use it.

[quote name='TFrank']Don't buy MAG. It's not worth it. SVER and Raven clans are actively using moles now on your team to make winning easier.

Team sabotaging is up 100x more than it was in the past.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that will just encourage people to take up the challenge! Its like an unofficial spy class.

My local Gamestop had about 30 in a floor basket. I went through each one and picked out the best case & manual lol. Even for $1.00 I want my stuff to look nice.

I normally don't shop at Gamestop ever, unless there's something like this- because I hate the way they do business with gutted games as new and letting employees sign out games for a week and then bring them back & reseal & sell as new. (I knew several Gamestop managers, so I know for absolute fact that this happens).

The two sales people working were very aggressive trying to sell me every new release and preorder every new game, even those without a release date.

But I will say this- for all their aggressiveness (I know they have quotas to meet) he did notice I was holding MAG in my hand and he told me it was only .99 cents (it was stickered at $54.99) and explained to me that it was an online only game, and there are rumors that the servers are getting shut down, and if its true I won't be able to play the game anymore. But he told me to keep my receipt and if the servers go down within the next 7 days, I can return the game for a full refund.

I already knew everything he told me, but I thought it was nice he was explaining to people buying a $1.00 game that it might not work soon, so I had a very positive experience.

Also, I really looked around for something else to buy because I didn't want to just buy MAG, but I couldn't find anything I wanted, so I just stocked up on some Microsoft Points.

well i just bought mag. doing a system update now and then the Mag game update. anyone that wants to play add me. "kayne2000"...thats also my 360 gamertag too....i swear theres always a new ps3 update lol.

just put CAG or something in the message either there or tell me you are adding me.

Anyone getting Mag now for a buck might also want to go download Dust 514 on the PS Store for free. Most major Mag clans have migrated to Dust514 and I believe CCP hired some ex Zipper guys to work on it as well. To be fair Dust514 isn't at the level that Mag was in large scale battles but the skill system is way deeper and weapon/class/vehicle variety is much more plentiful.

Can anyone tell me if MAG supports private matches? This price is a red flag that the servers are about to get shut down but it would still be fun to mess around in the game with some friends for a couple of weeks.

Does the game have LAN support, or multiplayer over internet only?

If it has LAN support, I'd definitely pick up a few copies.

[quote name='indieinsd']Anyone getting Mag now for a buck might also want to go download Dust 514 on the PS Store for free. Most major Mag clans have migrated to Dust514 and I believe CCP hired some ex Zipper guys to work on it as well. To be fair Dust514 isn't at the level that Mag was in large scale battles but the skill system is way deeper and weapon/class/vehicle variety is much more plentiful.[/QUOTE]

Problem with Dust is it takes up so much more room on the HDD than MAG does.

[quote name='Haggar']My local Gamestop had about 30 in a floor basket. I went through each one and picked out the best case & manual lol. Even for $1.00 I want my stuff to look nice.

I normally don't shop at Gamestop ever, unless there's something like this- because I hate the way they do business with gutted games as new and letting employees sign out games for a week and then bring them back & reseal & sell as new. (I knew several Gamestop managers, so I know for absolute fact that this happens).

The two sales people working were very aggressive trying to sell me every new release and preorder every new game, even those without a release date.

But I will say this- for all their aggressiveness (I know they have quotas to meet) he did notice I was holding MAG in my hand and he told me it was only .99 cents (it was stickered at $54.99) and explained to me that it was an online only game, and there are rumors that the servers are getting shut down, and if its true I won't be able to play the game anymore. But he told me to keep my receipt and if the servers go down within the next 7 days, I can return the game for a full refund.

I already knew everything he told me, but I thought it was nice he was explaining to people buying a $1.00 game that it might not work soon, so I had a very positive experience.

Also, I really looked around for something else to buy because I didn't want to just buy MAG, but I couldn't find anything I wanted, so I just stocked up on some Microsoft Points.[/QUOTE]

You can't have it all. You don't like GameStop practices of selling gutted games as new but you don't have a problem picking the best case and best booklet for a $.99 game. Also, people dont seem to have a problem when new games get converted to used. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319173

Why was their approach aggressive? Did they persist over and over where it got annoying or was it a simple question of preordering a couple of games? I have been to at least 20 different gamestops in 4 states and I have never been harassed to preorder a game. They get the point right away by my response.

I was an employee of GameStop for almost 2 years and it is prohibited to take games home. HR has a code for termination if someone takes games home. If a manager gets caught doing this or allowing this they will be fired and their term code will say "took merchandise home" (or something along those lines). Employees were able to do this in the past but a policy was implemented by HR against this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oasisboy, the taking offense to anything bad someone says about gamestop is getting old. Please stop because your response BS is cluttering the thread and speaking for a lot of people, its getting old. Your little crusade isn't going to change opinions.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Oasisboy, the taking offense to anything bad someone says about gamestop is getting old. Please stop because your response BS is cluttering the thread and speaking for a lot of people, its getting old. Your little crusade isn't going to change opinions.[/QUOTE]

Ignore my comments and move on. I am just dispelling myths and providing facts. If you take it as a crusade so be it. I think saying inaccurate stuff over and over is getting a little old.

Got 4 copies of Mag at Gamestop to give out to friends and the guys that work there gave me a free Battlefield 4 dogtag thing that came with a voucher. Love freebies. XD

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Oasisboy, the taking offense to anything bad someone says about gamestop is getting old. Please stop because your response BS is cluttering the thread and speaking for a lot of people, its getting old. Your little crusade isn't going to change opinions.[/QUOTE]

He is just sharing his feelings, I don't see what the problem is there

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Bunch in Las Vegas so I'm grabbing one for the brother. Nice find.[/QUOTE]

Man, you weren't joking. Store I went into today had seven of them in their bin all properly stickered. None of them were in the greatest hits case like the picture on the website.

Anybody know if the greatest hits version included DLC, did it?

[quote name='oasisboy']Ignore my comments and move on. I am just dispelling myths and providing facts. If you take it as a crusade so be it. I think saying inaccurate stuff over and over is getting a little old.[/QUOTE]

while its true that he can ignore you you too can ignore other people who say negative things about gamestop. you dont have to literally respond to EVERY single negative comment about gamestop. gotta be fair here

[quote name='oasisboy']Ignore my comments and move on. I am just dispelling myths and providing facts. If you take it as a crusade so be it. I think saying inaccurate stuff over and over is getting a little old.[/QUOTE]

What did Haggar say that you say is a myth? Because unless you know him or those managers he spoke of personally, you can't really disprove what he said. They may have rules against what he claims they were doing, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do it or that it was impossible for them to do it.

And gamestop does gut copies and sell them as new. I can personally attest to that.

As for the harassment/aggressive behavior in an attempt to make a sale, it's up to the individual what they consider to be annoying/harassment. Personally, they annoy the crap out of me. They ask me if I want to pre-order something, I say no, I don't want to pre-order 'anything', not at this time. Then they go on to list about 3 or 4 more games which I have to keep repeating the same response to over and over again.

I hate gamestop, but a sale is a sale, and sometimes there are no other alternatives to the sale. I can't go to Amazon and order MAG for 96 cents, I can't go to walmart or hastings for that price, so I settle on gamestop. If I could get the game for that much at ANYWHERE else, I would, but my hatred for the company and its practices isn't quite worth the money I save when I take advantage of deals, but that doesn't make what gamestop does okay.

bread's done
Back