Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greatdevastator']I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 to get in on this deal. The game arrived yesterday and I checked my Wells Fargo account as I often do to check over things. In the pending transactions area, there was a withdrawal for $65.?? and then a check card reversal for the same amount, as if the money was debited back into my account.

I checked again today to see if it was still pending and the purchase altogether has vanished from my account. Not really sure if I got charged for the game or not. A buddy of mine had a pending transaction and debit like me, but I'm not sure if the purchase disappeared from his account as I haven't gotten ahold of him today.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft store does that. Same with Nike. They will charge an account and then drop it off (for whatever reason) and then put the charge back on a day or two after the item is delivered. Weird I know.

I received the 1600 pt code and the $10 coupon code for my Borderlands order. Can you get a physical card? I think I'm going to gift or trade/sell mine so I'd rather have a physical card.

Also I haven't gotten any codes for my Disney whatever game order. I placed it before borderlands so kind of odd to get one but not the other. Hopefully it comes soon

People who bought both Borderlands 2 & Sesame St -- are you guys able to combine both $10 coupons for another preorder?

[quote name='greatdevastator']I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 to get in on this deal. The game arrived yesterday and I checked my Wells Fargo account as I often do to check over things. In the pending transactions area, there was a withdrawal for $65.?? and then a check card reversal for the same amount, as if the money was debited back into my account.

I checked again today to see if it was still pending and the purchase altogether has vanished from my account. Not really sure if I got charged for the game or not. A buddy of mine had a pending transaction and debit like me, but I'm not sure if the purchase disappeared from his account as I haven't gotten ahold of him today.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]
Don't worry the charge will eventually show up, MS is not going to be giving away free games and promos -- sometimes pending transactions disappear/reappear on and off

[quote name='GamerChris']The code shows up immediately on the confirmation page.[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't. I just rechecked the confirmation page that I printed and logged back into my account and the free points order says "in process". I would assume it takes a few hours to e-mail the points code out.

[quote name='bojay1997']Mine didn't. I just rechecked the confirmation page that I printed and logged back into my account and the free points order says "in process". I would assume it takes a few hours to e-mail the points code out.[/QUOTE]

Did you get a confirmation number? All I got was a page that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

I haven't received an email yet, but the promo code shows it was used if I try to place another order. I hope it went through okay.

Edit: Nothing is showing up in my order history either. WTF? Guess I'll chat with CS to fix this.

Edit 2: Here's what CS said

The reason why you have not receive the email confirmation it's because the order was flagged for review by our Review Team; review will take place within 2-4 business hours. Afterwhich, once approved you will receive the email confirmation with the product key. We take the security of your account very seriously and in an effort to protect your account, your order is in the process of being reviewed. We understand your sense of urgency in having your order processed so I will escalate this order to expedite the review process.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Did you get a confirmation number? All I got was a page that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

I haven't received an email yet, but the promo code shows it was used if I try to place another order. I hope it went through okay.

Edit: Nothing is showing up in my order history either. WTF? Guess I'll chat with CS to fix this.[/QUOTE]

That's what I got as well. I printed the receipt for the page just before I got that message. I'd really like to know what that other poster was talking about. Clearly they don't give you the points code immediately.

In case anyone was wondering the $10 code does work on preorders that have the $10/1600 points offer. I used my code when preordering the Nike Kinect game.

Also I ordered the 1600 points but didn't get the code yet like most others here. The receipt does show up in the last page of my order history though.

I preordered both Borderlands and Sesame street. I got the borderlands promo but not the Sesame street ones. Anybody else have this happen?

[quote name='latin trident']I preordered both Borderlands and Sesame street. I got the borderlands promo but not the Sesame street ones. Anybody else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

I'll dig through my junk mail but I'm in the same boat as you. I received the promo codes for my Borderlands 2 preorder but no Sesame Street and I ordered Sesame Street first.

My orders looked like this

1) Sesame Street
2) Borderlands
3) Sesame Street

all orders were a few days apart and I placed a second order for sesame street to see if you would still get codes if you ordered more then one of the same item in a seperate transaction

[quote name='latin trident']I preordered both Borderlands and Sesame street. I got the borderlands promo but not the Sesame street ones. Anybody else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the exact same thing happened. Live Chat was useless, I called them and the guy said it should be sent out, but it wouldn't be unusual for it to be later than the Borderlands 2 fulfillment. I'm not 100% sure I buy that, but I'll wait another day or so before I try to escalate.

[quote name='vermadas']The email with the promo codes for my Sesame Street order went to my Spam folder in gmail. FYI.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for mentioning this! I found my promo codes in the SPAM folder too! I probably would have never checked.

[quote name='iphosho']Thanks so much for mentioning this! I found my promo codes in the SPAM folder too! I probably would have never checked.[/QUOTE]

I checked my spam folder and unfortunately nothing there. Gosh I feel so guilty for even thinking about *returning Sesame Street at walmart or target though I didn't buy it there. I'll probably just eat a $15 loss and sell it on ebay.

[quote name='iphosho']Thanks so much for mentioning this! I found my promo codes in the SPAM folder too! I probably would have never checked.[/QUOTE]

Yep, mine was sent 3 hours ago straight to my spam folder in Gmail. Props to vermadas. :applause:

[quote name='latin trident']I feel so guilty for even thinking about *returning Sesame Street at walmart or target though I didn't buy it there.[/QUOTE]

I've learned quickly that the mere mention of return fraud on these forums will elicit a strong response. My advice is to continue feeling guilty and rid yourself of that guilt by not committing return fraud. ;)

Used the $10 & free pts code I got from BL2 -- preordered AC3 and added 1600 pts to my cart:
$59.99 + $19.99 = 79.98 - $10 off - 19.99 off pts = $49.99 + tax = $53.11
Plus another $10 off & 1600 pts after AC3 ships (will use it on Halo 4 preorder)

ShopDiscover has 5% or Fatwallet has 4% cash back at MS store

The free 1600 pts code only works on the electronic version (didn't let me use it if I tried to ship it) -- I wanted the actual card so I could sell it

Got the confirmation email after 30 mins which included the 1600 pts code

So, the fine print for the thread title promo states that it won't work for other pre-orders (Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash).

I gave the $10 off code a try with a Halo 4 pre-order... it appears to have worked. The pending charge was instant and the total is $54.xx with state sales tax. It could a bug they don't know about, they do know about it and don't care, or they will try to tack on a $10 charge later (doubtful).

[quote name='eLefAdEr']So, the fine print for the thread title promo states that it won't work for other pre-orders (Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash).

I gave the $10 off code a try with a Halo 4 pre-order... it appears to have worked. The pending charge was instant and the total is $54.xx with state sales tax. It could a bug they don't know about, they do know about it and don't care, or they will try to tack on a $10 charge later (doubtful).[/QUOTE]
That wording is saying you cant use the coupon on the game you just preordered (if in store then you cant apply the free gift card to the same purchase) so if you preordered BL2 then the $10 coupon that comes with BL2 cant be applied to your BL2 preorder -- it doesnt say anything about applying it to future preorders

[quote name='JaTaN']Used the $10 & free pts code I got from BL2 -- preordered AC3 and added 1600 pts to my cart:
$59.99 + $19.99 = 79.98 - $10 off - 19.99 off pts = $49.99 + tax = $53.11
Plus another $10 off & 1600 pts after AC3 ships (will use it on Halo 4 preorder)

ShopDiscover has 5% or Fatwallet has 4% cash back at MS store

The free 1600 pts code only works on the electronic version (didn't let me use it if I tried to ship it) -- I wanted the actual card so I could sell it

Got the confirmation email after 30 mins which included the 1600 pts code[/QUOTE]

So. Many. Numbers.

[quote name='JaTaN']That wording is saying you cant use the coupon on the game you just preordered (if in store then you cant apply the free gift card to the same purchase) so if you preordered BL2 then the $10 coupon that comes with BL2 cant be applied to your BL2 preorder -- it doesnt say anything about applying it to future preorders[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh! :idea:

Thanks for clearing that up. Semantics schmemantics. ;) If they had worded it more clearly ("not eligible for preorders already placed") I wouldn't have the dumb.

[quote name='vermadas']The email with the promo codes for my Sesame Street order went to my Spam folder in gmail. FYI.[/QUOTE]

Same here, just found my Borderlands Preorder bonus codes in the Gmail spam folder, be sure to check for yours.

Just pre-ordered Resident Evil 6. The Mercs maps being offered by other stores are nice, but I really never played Mercenaries all that much. Plus DLC is inevitable, especially if Capcom is charging for the 360 timed-exclusive multiplayer modes... so the ms points are a better bonus in my eyes.

Just to clarify: how many people had their orders on other games upgraded from free shipping to Next-day air? Everyone, or just those who ordered Borderlands 2? Thanks for any info! :)

Is it possible to use a physical giftcard online? Putting the code in the promo code field does not seem to work.

EDIT: Never mind, it appears they do not accept. Oh well, I will need to go to a Store sometime.

I have $35 in giftcards, so this should work well for NBA 2k13...with tax it is about $66 for me, as opposed to my newegg preorder which was $52...no immediate use for the $20 points card or the $10 giftcard but the tradeoff is probably worth it.

Is tempting and might cancel my amazon pre-order for NFS: MW and go ahead with this offer....not quite sure yet but probably will eventually go ahead and do it.

[quote name='poison_SHADOW']Just pre-ordered Resident Evil 6. The Mercs maps being offered by other stores are nice, but I really never played Mercenaries all that much. Plus DLC is inevitable, especially if Capcom is charging for the 360 timed-exclusive multiplayer modes... so the ms points are a better bonus in my eyes.

Just to clarify: how many people had their orders on other games upgraded from free shipping to Next-day air? Everyone, or just those who ordered Borderlands 2? Thanks for any info! :)[/QUOTE]
I got my sesame st game on release day.

No ore-order code for borderlands but got my 1600 point code and my coupon. Still haven't for my codes for the sesame street game. Guess I will have to cal

So I did the math.

I bought BL2 and KSS for 90 + tax. I sold them both for 73 - shipping - ebay fees - paypal fees.

That means I will have lost 35 dollars for 2 x 1600 ms pts and 2 x 10 dollar coupons.

Sounds like a deal but that's assuming that I can get something good for the coupons. If they stack then I can get a 3rd 1600 ms card. However if I turned around and sold all three on ebay I'd get about 15 dollars each less 10% for fees (8% from ebay and 2% paypal). I'd make about 5 dollars this way.

If I were to roll this onto another preorder then I can assume about the same as BL2. Cost 120 - 20 + tax = 107. Sold for 108 - fees - shipping = 91. I'd be out 17 on this transaction and 35 on the last transaction = 52 for 4 x 1600 ms pts and 2 x 10 dollar coupons. If I were to sell the cards (15.00 - 1.50 = 13.50 each) then I would get 54 - 52 spent and I'd come out with 2 dollars and 2 x 10 dollar coupons.

Either was this is a crap deal to flip on ebay. If you do the 5% cash back to offset sales tax and you sell somewhere that doesn't have 10% in fees then you might come out on top.

If you keep everything then it's a decent deal but I was just hoping for cheap ms pts and it looks like I got burned.

[quote name='aus_nacht']So I did the math.

I bought BL2 and KSS for 90 + tax. I sold them both for 73 - shipping - ebay fees - paypal fees.

That means I will have lost 35 dollars for 2 x 1600 ms pts and 2 x 10 dollar coupons.

Sounds like a deal but that's assuming that I can get something good for the coupons. If they stack then I can get a 3rd 1600 ms card. However if I turned around and sold all three on ebay I'd get about 15 dollars each less 10% for fees (8% from ebay and 2% paypal). I'd make about 5 dollars this way.

If I were to roll this onto another preorder then I can assume about the same as BL2. Cost 120 - 20 + tax = 107. Sold for 108 - fees - shipping = 91. I'd be out 17 on this transaction and 35 on the last transaction = 52 for 4 x 1600 ms pts and 2 x 10 dollar coupons. If I were to sell the cards (15.00 - 1.50 = 13.50 each) then I would get 54 - 52 spent and I'd come out with 2 dollars and 2 x 10 dollar coupons.

Either was this is a crap deal to flip on ebay. If you do the 5% cash back to offset sales tax and you sell somewhere that doesn't have 10% in fees then you might come out on top.

If you keep everything then it's a decent deal but I was just hoping for cheap ms pts and it looks like I got burned.[/QUOTE]

Look at the bright side. You were classy enough to NOT commit fraud by "returning" the games to Walmart.

[quote name='kklems']No ore-order code for borderlands but got my 1600 point code and my coupon. Still haven't for my codes for the sesame street game. Guess I will have to cal[/QUOTE]

I too haven't received mine either. Let me know what they tell you please. I don't want to call unless I truly have to

[quote name='loomis1975']I also got sesame street on release day via next day air, apparently upgraded from free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I also got this on release day and i received my codes yesterday.

[quote name='latin trident']I too haven't received mine either. Let me know what they tell you please. I don't want to call unless I truly have to[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me. Got the code for BL2 but not KSS

[quote name='aus_nacht']So I did the math.

If you keep everything then it's a decent deal but I was just hoping for cheap ms pts and it looks like I got burned.[/QUOTE]

methinks you're doing it wrong. If you want to become a retailer, be legit and get a business license, federal tax ID number, and buy in bulk from the manufacturer or distributors. Store promotions aren't meant to be used as distribution channels (some websites even say as much in ToS).

[quote name='WingsDJY']Look at the bright side. You were classy enough to NOT commit fraud by "returning" the games to Walmart.[/QUOTE]

I wander if I had thought of that, if I would have actually done it. I did however trade my KSS into best buy with 100% bonus coming out to 16$. Nobody likes this game I guess. So I paid 14$ for 1600 MSP 10$ coupon for the M$ store (which I'll prolly use for windows 8) and spend the 16$ I got from best buy on another 1600 MSP.

19$ 3200 MSP and 10$ off windows 8, it's like 50% off points so I guess it wasn't so bad, if I had known KSS wasn't going to sell well I prolly would have passed.

On a side note, I'm surprised BL 2 didn't come with an online pass.

[quote name='berzirk']methinks you're doing it wrong. If you want to become a retailer, be legit and get a business license, federal tax ID number, and buy in bulk from the manufacturer or distributors. Store promotions aren't meant to be used as distribution channels (some websites even say as much in ToS).[/QUOTE]

Thanks *dryly* like I said I wanted some cheap microsoft points. I'm not after the money but my point is that you will be losing money no matter how you slice it.

Just like to say this thread has been really helpful. Been following it the last few days. And it helped me make up my mind on where to preorder

Just pre-ordered Fifa 13 from the MS Store.

Heres hoping they do the same Next Day Air Shipping on that game, like they did on your guys BL2 and Sesame St.

I did my Black Ops 2 preorder at Best Buy. I absolutely want that game release day. My friend list will be filled with people playing the game and I'd go nuts if I didn't have the game.

Games like Need for Speed and AC3, I can wait a couple days if they don't manage to get it to me release day. So, I did the MS preorder with them.

I received my both my games for release on 9/18 on that day. (borderlands 2 and kinect seseame street) so that we great to get free release day shipping.

Regarding the codes: I received bl2 ms point code and coupon the day after release. No bl2 pre-order code.

I still have not receive my coupon or code for kinect seseame street. I called today and spoke with a foreign cs desk ( Indian sounding) who picked up right away after selecting the options on the phone menu. He made a report and it is being escalated and I am supposed to receive a call back in 24-48 hours so we will see what happens.

( sorry for typos..iPad autocorrect)

[quote name='jbman289']Anyone know if you can order two copies of Halo 4 in separate transactions and receive two $25 coupons & two armor skins?[/QUOTE]

Nothing to stop you from trying but the fine print does specify "Limit one per customer."

You might be able to get around that by using a different payment method but YMMV.

[quote name='kklems']I received my both my games for release on 9/18 on that day. (borderlands 2 and kinect seseame street) so that we great to get free release day shipping.

Regarding the codes: I received bl2 ms point code and coupon the day after release. No bl2 pre-order code.

I still have not receive my coupon or code for kinect seseame street. I called today and spoke with a foreign cs desk ( Indian sounding) who picked up right away after selecting the options on the phone menu. He made a report and it is being escalated and I am supposed to receive a call back in 24-48 hours so we will see what happens.

( sorry for typos..iPad autocorrect)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat regarding sesame street kinect and borderlands 2.

I received codes for borderlands two even though it isn't scheduled to arrive until next monday (I didn't place the order until monday before release) however I received kinect sesame street on release day and have yet to receive any codes for that order.

But FYI I don't believe you'll receive preorder codes for Borderlands 2 from Microsoft store. I don't think they were an official retailer which carried them. I know some people reported getting codes from Fry's but I haven't seen anyone report it yet from the MS Store

My bl2 order is still in processing. Called them yesterday as I was concerned as I never received an email confirmation, but it did Show under my order history. Ms indicated it would ship out today. I decided to call again today when I didn't receive any additional info. Today they inform me the game is back ordered with no eta. I ordered very early, the afternoon when it was posted. Anyone else in the same boat?

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm in the same boat regarding sesame street kinect and borderlands 2.

I received codes for borderlands two even though it isn't scheduled to arrive until next monday (I didn't place the order until monday before release) however I received kinect sesame street on release day and have yet to receive any codes for that order.

But FYI I don't believe you'll receive preorder codes for Borderlands 2 from Microsoft store. I don't think they were an official retailer which carried them. I know some people reported getting codes from Fry's but I haven't seen anyone report it yet from the MS Store[/QUOTE]

Oh I thought I read in the thread people had gotten the pre-order codes.

[quote name='kklems']Oh I thought I read in the thread people had gotten the pre-order codes.[/QUOTE]

you did but several of us only received one code and one or two received no codes.

bread's done
Back