Mortal Kombat (9) - Ripping People in half NOW - 8.6 metacritic

[quote name='8bitArtist']if i bought bulletstorm used and had to buy an online pass only to find out the online is completely broken and doesnt work, id be pissed.[/QUOTE]

What companies should do then is atleast give a 1 hour online trial if you don't have the online pass. At least give the comsumer a taste as to how the online servers work. At least that helps a little bit. Right?

MK will have it, Dead Space 2 has it... can't speak to the sports games that come with passes as I don't play them. I don't know what other games have the pass period.

EDIT - Just looked it up and it looks like you can get a 7 day trial pass for games like Madden?

[quote name='8bitArtist']nfs hot pursuit is the 1st game i heard about having a 2 day trial. was there any other?[/QUOTE]

Tiger Woods 11
Dead Space 2
(I believe most EA sports game have 2 day pass)

That was kinda cool. I find it funny that his crotch punch now works on the female enemies too(as I think I saw him punch Sonya in the cameltoe in the one part of that video;)).

new screens show off cyrax and sektor human, sheeva fatality, maybe a shang tsung fatality?

14il9qe.png

kcdl55.png

f8as1.png

i237tc.png

2vvjneu.png

2gx3490.png

[quote name='The 7th Number']clown? Maybe its a joke because they had to censor the jokers fatality in MK vs DC that was the same fatality.[/QUOTE]

That's the only thing I can think of. Regardless, seems kind of dumb.

[quote name='The 7th Number']clown? Maybe its a joke because they had to censor the jokers fatality in MK vs DC that was the same fatality.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought when I first saw it. Also I don't know why but human cyrax and human sektor seem to be a let down for me. I'm wondering what their moves will be because you can't shoot rockets from their chest. I was expecting more in their look than what they have.

It must be. I bought the UK version of MKvsDC so I could get the censored fatality.

So to anyone else that ordered the TE off of Amazon...when is your ETA for the game? Amazon lists mine on the 22nd, and if I opt for next day delivery, it's the 21st. So basically, I'll be getting the game at least 2 days later than everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people over on TRMK are complaining about that. I havent seen one person over there with a TE pre-order on Amazon that is scheduled to receive theirs on the 19th. Everyone, even those who pre-ordered like back in December are scheduled to get theirs a few days after release which seems odd.

That is why I went with it in store on this one. I wanted this game day one however I may not be able to play it on day one. I knew that at best I would get it Thursday. Most of the time the stuff comes on a Friday or Saturday.

[quote name='SEH']Lots of people over on TRMK are complaining about that. I havent seen one person over there with a TE pre-order on Amazon that is scheduled to receive theirs on the 19th. Everyone, even those who pre-ordered like back in December are scheduled to get theirs a few days after release which seems odd.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's pretty surprising for Amazon. Especially if people who preordered it last year will be getting theirs about the same time as dudes like myself who preordered 3 weeks ago or so. I sent them an email earlier this morning. They just replied back with the usual fluff about how they're sorry about it being backordered, problems with supplier, will ship it asap, etc. I.e., they really didn't say much that I didn't expect.

And I'd go for in-store, but its a matter of me paying $150+tax out of pocket, as opposed to ~$30 from Amazon(still have ~$120 in gift credit from last Christmas). Oh well...at least I have Portal 2 to look forward to next Tuesday.

:lol: Why is it such a big deal to get shipped the game ON release date? I mean, I can understand if you PAID for release day shipping, but situations DO come up to where it can't be helped and there is a delay.

I don't think I was making a big deal out of it. Besides I am a paying prime member so I feel I should have at least some kind of explanation, especially since they never told me about it being slightly delayed. Like I said before...I'll be having fun with Portal 2 and just wait till next Friday comes around.

I know I like to play new games I'm excited for on release date, especially if I choose release date shipping.

[quote name='SEH']I was responding to your comment about why people would want to play games on the day they're released.[/QUOTE]
I've become a pretty jaded gamer as of late. Every damned game seems to get a "GOTY" edition anymore, so buying an original version of a game on release day is a moot point anymore it seems.:whistle2:#

But just like the people who line up for Madden every year to pay full MSRP if that's your thing then so be it.

There's only been maybe 4-7 titles in the last 3 years I've even bothered to pick up on release day(both LBP's, RDR, both GTA's, Just Cause 2).

Otherwise I wait for price drops and sales anymore. There's far too many broken(glitchy) games coming out now to be spending $60 on something that's a crashfest.

im glad that not everything came out when the demo was hacked on the PS3. Them being one of them and boon said the game has more that have not even been shown yet. Tuesday can not come fast enough. I might have to try to get a game in after I pick it up after work. I was going to get up early and play it the next day but don't see that happening now.

Who knows maybe Amazon's estimated shipment date is conservative and you still get the TE early.

On a side note, my Kollector's guide was shipped yesterday from Amazon

So who is all getting this? I'm picking it up tomorrow night so feel free to add me and play with me!

Also, I don't know if the preorder kodes are actual DLC or not, but if they are, I'd love to trade my Klassic Scorpion kode for a Klassic Reptile.

I'm getting it. My TE's from Walmart will possibly be here tomorrow, Tuesday for sure. I probably wont hop online for a bit as I'm going to do some story stuff first, as well as just some random pick-up games. I definitely wouldn't mind trying to get some kind of CAG King of the Hill group going though. I was originally kind of down on that game mode but after watching a stream of it last night, it looks like it could be really fun.

[quote name='Donut2922']Who knows maybe Amazon's estimated shipment date is conservative and you still get the TE early.

On a side note, my Kollector's guide was shipped yesterday from Amazon[/QUOTE]
It didn't sound like it in the email they sent me.

Local GS about 10 minutes away is doing a Midnight Release for MK9.

I'll be picking it up along with a buddy of mine since we both pre-ordered there.

YouTube is blowing up with fatality videos right now.

[quote name='whoknows']So anyone up for a CAG lobby Tuesday night?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Tomorrow night, CAG King of the Hill, lets do it. Anyone interested add me on PSN.

Yeah, mine is, too. First place gets a free upgrade to the TE and second place gets a free copy of the game.

Pretty sweet, hoping to get in first.

For anyone looking to get all of the preorder costumes, there's a gameshare set up for them in the gameshare thread. So far we have only have two slots that are taken and the Klassics so far are for Scorpion, Ermac, and Jade.

If you have Sub-Zero, Kitana, Reptile, or Mileena then get on over to the gameshare thread and join up! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Krypt looks awesome. So much stuff to unlock.

My TE's are sitting at the local FedEx. Apparently Walmart put a hold on the delivery of them so I don't get them before the 19th...so lame. Tomorrow needs to get here right now.

Oh, I may be interested in that Gameshare thing too. I've never done one before, so I'm not really sure how it works, but I should have a Mileena code to offer (assuming Walmart emails me the codes or they come in my package).

[quote name='SEH']Krypt looks awesome. So much stuff to unlock.

My TE's are sitting at the local FedEx. Apparently Walmart put a hold on the delivery of them so I don't get them before the 19th...so lame. Tomorrow needs to get here right now.

Oh, I may be interested in that Gameshare thing too. I've never done one before, so I'm not really sure how it works, but I should have a Mileena code to offer (assuming Walmart emails me the codes or they come in my package).[/QUOTE]
It's easy, I'll start up an account, all gameshare contributors add their codes to the account, and then we all download the Kontent and are able to play it. :cool:

So far we have Reptile, Ermac, Jade, and Scorpion's klassics and have two slots left still.

Sounds easy enough. Do we also need to create a separate account or do we just log on with our main accounts to download stuff?

If my Mileena code comes tomorrow, I'll definitely throw myself into the mix. I don't want to commit though just incase Walmart takes their sweet ass time getting the code to me.

You'll need to create a new account on your PS3 and keep it there after you download the stuff to make sure you can still access it, and that's great! I'll put you down as a maybe. :)

bread's done
Back