NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Call UPS, as long as it's before 7 PM you can arrange a same day will call pickup. They'll call you when it's back at the local office and you can go pick it up there.

Also, in regards to scheduling, there's something that would work to get us an even 20 games. If we split the league into two divisions, we could play each team within our division four times, and the teams in the other division twice. That'd come to an even 20 games.[/QUOTE]
I could pick it up, but I don't want to waste my gas for the sake of joining this league.

And Franky, I'm sure I'll be able to join by then. 8AM was the deadline, and they deliver here early around 11AM. It's just that my brother was a douche to answer the door, my dad was busy, and I was out running errands. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there a spot opening for this? I would definitely be interested in being a part of a league.

edit: i'll take the Raptors, XBL gamertag is: broadway row

[quote name='ubernes']Is there a spot opening for this? I would definitely be interested in being a part of a league.

edit: i'll take the Raptors, XBL gamertag is: broadway row[/QUOTE]

We are full right now. There are two people on the waiting list and I'm sure if all the people don't join one of those two will, but I'll put you on the list.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']Signed up and ready to go. Ill play anyone tomorrow morning after all are signed up[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go ahead and send out invites to those on the waiting list, if someone joins before you shinryuu I'm sorry, but I think I'd like to keep the deadline at 8am. I think two days is ample time to join a league, sorry your console red ringed, if you had played a few more games I would have probably given you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe nobody on the list will join so you could join anyways when you get your console tomorrow. At this point I'm making it a first come first serve for the last spot.

I REALLY REALLY do not want to be a dick here, but I also really want this league to run well. I think this decision is in the best interest of the league.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll try that now. It never indicated in the game how to search.

Do you play 82 games? Sim any of them? How long of quarters? To play 82 game seasons, even on 5 minute quarters, to that extent must give you little time to play other games. That's fucking dedication. I have too many games, I guess, and not enough of an attention span.[/quote]

By the way, do you guys mind if I use this thread just for general NBA 2k talk? I would use the NBA 2k9 thread but it seems like all the people who would actually talk in that thread are in here so whats the point?

I play 56 games, 8 min qrt and I play 2 games a week (in game). So if I have 4 games, Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sunday I pick 2 of them to play and sim the rest. With 56 games that rarely comes up. So I would guess I play about 80% of all the games.

But thats how I am about sports games I rarely ever start a season over and I never play sports games online unless its a league and thats rare.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing a guys entire career unfold and seeing where they go and what happens to them and the team they are on.

For example the Cavs in my dynasty is not the team to crush on.
Steve Nash PG
CPU generated 4th year rated 89
Bron Bron
Stoudamire (sp)
CPU generated 3 year rated 96.

C. Billups
Joe Johnson coming in sixth men.

Steve Nash left 1 year and Amare left the year after because the Suns drafted franchise players at both of their positions and started to split a lot of time with them in game. Which pissed them both off. The Cavs having just cut 4 of their 5 starters crushed the free agency with massive contracts and signed them both. No idea how Joe and Billups got on the team.

For me sports games dont get interesting until about 5 or 6 years into the dystany mode.

I doubt anyone will mind if we have general game discussion here. I used this thread since the other, as you said, is inactive and people are in here.

I play 82 games and sim none. I can't stand to play and sim. I have a franchise to play and one just to sim all games and do the GM stuff myself. But now I see how you could get through all that already.

In my franchise, the Cavs are the team to crush on- two losses to my Bulls by 17 and 33 points, with Rose going for 40 and 45. But it looks like the real game isn't going that way tonight.

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm going to go ahead and send out invites to those on the waiting list, if someone joins before you shinryuu I'm sorry, but I think I'd like to keep the deadline at 8am. I think two days is ample time to join a league, sorry your console red ringed, if you had played a few more games I would have probably given you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe nobody on the list will join so you could join anyways when you get your console tomorrow. At this point I'm making it a first come first serve for the last spot.

I REALLY REALLY do not want to be a dick here, but I also really want this league to run well. I think this decision is in the best interest of the league.[/QUOTE]

I have played with the guy that has red ringed and I think it would benefit everyone here if he gets the time to join tomorrow. Trust me, he will play the most games out of all of us and even when my game disconected on him, he was ready for a rematch immediately. A great waste if he can't join the league.
That being said, you're the admin and it is your final decision

I agree with dudedizzle, actually. It's your decision in the end, but shinryuu is both a good, committed player and a quality guy, even if he is a Clippers fan.

Well I sent a PM to Goodfella so no response from him and shinryuu will be good to go. My major concern is that I don't want this to turn into "I'll have it tomorrow" thing for a week. If I knew for certain he'd have it tomorrow then no problem.

I based this decision on the fact that there is NO guarantee that shinryuu will get his 360 tomorrow. I also didn't think it sounded like a he cared a whole lot if he got in or not. Goodfella has the code now so if he gets in first so be it, however if he doesn't the spot is shinryuu's. Nothing personal I'm just ready to get this going here.

Hopefully nobody wants to punch me in the face before the league even gets started, or that would be a problem.

[quote name='FrankySox']I based this decision on the fact that there is NO guarantee that shinryuu will get his 360 tomorrow. I also didn't think it sounded like a he cared a whole lot if he got in or not. Goodfella has the code now so if he gets in first so be it, however if he doesn't the spot is shinryuu's. Nothing personal I'm just ready to get this going here.

Hopefully nobody wants to punch me in the face before the league even gets started, or that would be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I vouch for shinryuu, but then again I really want to play some games and get the league going tomorrow.
Oh, and let's leave the punching in the face 'till after I beat you :lol:

yep, I just got done playing Juan C. He started off red hot, then everything went my way the rest of the game. I took it 125-96 with Morrow taking player off the game with 28 points in just under 13 minutes on the court.

[quote name='FrankySox']yep, I just got done playing Juan C. He started off red hot, then everything went my way the rest of the game. I took it 125-96 with Morrow taking player off the game with 28 points in just under 13 minutes on the court.[/QUOTE]

As always.. I start off hot and then my guys just start missing easy shots and also forget to play D. 2nd quarter was a nightmare...I was outscored 40-20 and turnovers (17-8) really hurt me. Oh well.

[quote name='Matt Young']I agree with dudedizzle, actually. It's your decision in the end, but shinryuu is both a good, committed player and a quality guy, even if he is a Clippers fan.[/quote]
Hahahaha

Yeah, I'm fine as it is. I was interested in the league, but I knew that if I didn't make the deadline I was gonna be cut, especially since I was the only one without my 360. I mean, the deadline was basically made because of my situation.

No offense taken...

ILL JUST START MY OWN LEAGUE

jk

I'll be on for a little while longer tonight if anyone wants to play! I think dudedizzle and FranySox are playing right now, but if either of you is up for another game, send me a message.

I just played this Foolishpenny guy and got spanked 154-123. He was beating me by 20 in the fourth, subbed his starters in and only shot three pointers while talking shit the whole time. I was covering him on some of the 3 pt shots but they just kept going and going, it was crazy.

[quote name='shinryuu']Hahahaha

Yeah, I'm fine as it is. I was interested in the league, but I knew that if I didn't make the deadline I was gonna be cut, especially since I was the only one without my 360. I mean, the deadline was basically made because of my situation.

No offense taken...

ILL JUST START MY OWN LEAGUE

jk[/QUOTE]

If someone doesn't play their games you will be the FIRST person I contact about taking their place.

[quote name='FrankySox']I just played this Foolishpenny guy and got spanked 154-123. He was beating me by 20 in the fourth, subbed his starters in and only shot three pointers while talking shit the whole time. I was covering him on some of the 3 pt shots but they just kept going and going, it was crazy.[/QUOTE]

Cool...when I play him I'll keep the mic unplugged :)

Sorry guys, the Suns game has gone way late tonight, I don't think I'll be able to play. I should be able to get in a couple of games tomorrow evening though.

[quote name='FrankySox']I just got spanked again. I think I'm going to have an EXTREMELY tough time hanging with teams like the Lakers and Celtics.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you already proved that against the Lakers in the last league, Dave. :p

Everyone who hasn't already send a friend request to CAG 2K Sports. That way we can always see when everyone is online.

I won't be able to play except for tomorrow morning or really late tomorrow night as I have round 2 of the national Gamestop CoD tournament tomorrow night. Saturday I'll be available from 6 p.m. central-7:45 p.m. central and after that possibly really late in the night/morning. I'll be busy most of Sunday working/doing my podcast, then Monday night should be clear.

I am willing to play tonight. I just hooked up a new Plasma for my gaming room and want to give it a test run on my 360

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']The servers down or something. Dudedizzle and I tried to start a game but it won't let you into the league. At least, it wouldn't as of about a half-hour ago.[/QUOTE]

Really? Damn. I will hop on in a few and see if I can get to the league page.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any in tomorrow. I'm watching my baby till 8PM mountain time when my wife gets off work. Sunday I probably can after the Cards/Eagles game.

Oh fuck, football. I can't play till after both football games on Sunday, either. Hockey in person today; football on TV tomorrow. I never miss a playoff game.

Ugh. Dudedizzle and I just tried to play AGAIN. Twice. The first time, without any warning, the game just stopped and it said "Reporting game results" after like two minutes. The second time we actually made it through almost an etire half (!) before we got disconnected. Franky, could you clear the result of the first game?

I know. Its kinda weird though because I get through full games with others and so do you but thats 2 games in this league and 2 in the previous one where we keep getting disconnected. And for some reason it gave me an 8-6 victory the first disconnection.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Anyone know if it's working today?[/quote]
They've been up all day today when I've been playing. Should be up right now. =p

bread's done
Back