NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

So I just played my first non league online game and....MUAHHAHAHA. It reminds me why I hate all sports games online and only play offline or in legit leagues.

The guy spent the entire time swiping at thin air trying to steal the ball with the Lakers. You would think the only 2 buttons on the controller were steal and swat ball because he did that every play whether I was shooting or not.

Dudedizzle and I just played. First match, we got disconnected after like 5 minutes, so Franky or Juan, if you could wipe that one that would be great (Sorry for making you do all the work. I hate 2K). The second one, I was winning by about 20 with like 3 minutes left and we got disconnected. Dudedizzle, let me know if you disagree, but I feel it's fair to have that one entered as a win for me.

After playing some games in this league, I've come to the conclusion that the Celtics are way overrated. At least, the fact that for some reason nobody suffers almost any fatigue means that their biggest weakness (aka Eddie House and Tony Allen) never gets exposed. Anyway, in the spirit of making this league more competitive, I'd happily trade Garnett or someone to one of the not-so-populated-with-talent teams (no offense, Golden State) for a decent big man and a decent guard. Just a thought.

[quote name='Matt Young']You lucky son of a bitch. I'm hoping to score tickets to SummerSlam in LA in August. I've been to many shows, but only 1 PPV- WrestleMania 21. I'd love to attend a Rumble. Have fun!

By the way, is it a live MMA event or are you watching Spike's showing of Brock's title win over Couture?[/QUOTE]

It's my second PPV, I went to WM23 when it was here too, but the Rumble is always the one PPV i order other then WM every year so Im pretty excited, plus I got pretty good seats. It's a local live MMA event I'm going to. A few notable names, plus Tonya Harding is supposed to fight. That's worth the price of admission right there.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I got you FrankySox[/QUOTE]

Yep you got me. I'll just give you the win. I'm not going to play a game where it's impossible to hit a three.

Ellis hit a three right before you disconnected. Were they counting them as two's? If so we can play it again tomorrow.

I think he was up 0-18. I couldn't hit anything early, but Iverson caught fire and I fought my way back. If I could learn how to score early I would be a lot better off in these leagues.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I think he was up 0-18. I couldn't hit anything early, but Iverson caught fire and I fought my way back. If I could learn how to score early I would be a lot better off in these leagues.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was blocking EVERYTHING! And no I didn't hit a 3 with Ellis before the disconnect, I MISSED WITH my 90 rated three point shooter for the fifth time in a row. I was 1 of 19 from 3 and most of them were WIDE OPEN. I picked this team because I like shooting threes and they are good at it. I should have picked the Lakers, it's not like Matt is going to play his games anyway.

No prob XXXplosive, you get the win and there is no need to replay, terrible night for me so no big deal.

Well I had a nice 0-2 start to the league. Garnett almost had a triple double getting 8 of the Celtics 13 blocks, and against the Cavs I fell apart in the second quarter and lost by double digits. Played Juan nearly even in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th.

Maybe another night will have better results for me. Good games Weav and Juan.

[quote name='FrankySox']LOL, I was blocking EVERYTHING! And no I didn't hit a 3 with Ellis before the disconnect, I MISSED WITH my 90 rated three point shooter for the fifth time in a row. I was 1 of 19 from 3 and most of them were WIDE OPEN. I picked this team because I like shooting threes and they are good at it. I should have picked the Lakers, it's not like Matt is going to play his games anyway.

No prob XXXplosive, you get the win and there is no need to replay, terrible night for me so no big deal.[/quote]

Sounds like you could have used J Bone.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Sounds like you could have used J Bone.[/QUOTE]

Holy POO BALLS! I thought you died. Yeah J Bone would have got the ball every play!

I just played Weavshow and finally finished a game. However, I lost by three. I was down by about 15 very late and made an incredible defensive run going on probably a 13-0 run. When I was down 3 with 13 seconds left I ran it down the floor. Right before taking my 3 with 6 seconds left, the guy fouls me and I drain my two free throws not allowing me to tie it and it was basically over. Good game, lol :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Alright, as much as I hate to be a tattletale, I think we need to kick dudedizzle out of the league and get someone else. We played last night, I was winning by 20 with like 3 minutes left and we got disconnected. He wanted to play it over, so I said fine, maybe it was just the 2k servers being screwy. We just played AGAIN, and this time he misses a shot to tie it at the final buzzer, yells "That never happened, that never happened!" into his headset, and disconnects.[/QUOTE]

Haha well when I turned off my mic was when I got the awesome comeback run so it doesn't bother me

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankySox']Holy POO BALLS! I thought you died. Yeah J Bone would have got the ball every play![/quote]

Ha ha, nope. I've been playing a lot of Starcraft and some Warcraft 3 here lately.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']EDIT: Whatever. I guess I'll just echo the sentiments of everyone else and say don't wear a mic when you're playing dudedizzle.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, nobody likes this kid.

I don't have anything against the guy personally. I've never played or spoken to him. But I hate when people make comments like that. It's like the dumb kid on Madden who called me a $$$ and a pussy for running down the clock in Madden and then kicking a field goal when I was only up by 5. Sure, I'll pass it all day long so I can risk throwing a pick 6 or giving you the ball back with enough time to score and win.

Fouling and stopping someone from being able to tie or win the gamer isn't cheap, gay, or stupid. It's smart strategy. Insulting them afterward is just rude. You will lose games. Unless there's actual cheating going on, just take it like a man and keep on going. A loss here and there won't hurt anyone's chances of winning the league title.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Anyone want to play right now?[/QUOTE]

I have to play you 2 more times according to the schedule. Do you want to play one of them?

[quote name='-GoodFella-']I have to play you 2 more times according to the schedule. Do you want to play one of them?[/QUOTE]

You just want an easy win! :lol: J/k. I'm down to play another one. We can do your homecourt this time.

Alright seriously I have to be in the next league. How many games you guys playing? Or if there is any chance let a $$$$a drop in.

Another loss by me against the Cavs 88-75. It was a better game this time around though. I was able to keep close most of the game, and even started off pretty nice. Once they stormed ahead I would make a run but then he'd make one right back that would 1-up mine. After he got ahead at the end I couldn't get closer then 8 for a good portion of the 4th. Z just owned me, couldn't stop him. I really need to work on my defense.

I'm ready for some more if anyone else wants to play.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Another loss by me against the Cavs 88-75. It was a better game this time around though. I was able to keep close most of the game, and even started off pretty nice. Once they stormed ahead I would make a run but then he'd make one right back that would 1-up mine. After he got ahead at the end I couldn't get closer then 8 for a good portion of the 4th. Z just owned me, couldn't stop him. I really need to work on my defense.
[/QUOTE]

You played much better this time around. I couldn't pull away in the score up until the 4th quarter. What kept the lead was that I was coming back at you immediately whenever you were making a run or hit a big shot. Again, good game!

I've tried the team rotation menu, and set J-Rich as the starter, saved it, and it always reverts back to the original lineup. Probably another 2k mess.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I suck.[/QUOTE]

Haha you have a really good all star team. I mean Shaq+Nash+Stoudemire+Jrich+Barbosa is just an all star lineup. You need to work on your defense ALOT and stop chucking 3s and youll win eventually.

[quote name='Soodmeg']How many games are you guys playing or ETA on the league ending.

No rush just want to know.[/QUOTE]

20 game regular season, post-season is best of 7.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I suck.[/QUOTE]

Nah man, you were good when I played you in the last league. I won by 10, I believe. I had a better team and one big run that allowed me to pull ahead and I stayed there. You've just had bad luck.

Thanks goodfella. I am already the CAG MADDEN 09 CHAMP I cant wait to take that title from whoever wins this league.

/super burn!

I just played MSUHitman and we had a damn good game. It was back and forth the entire time, I don't think any of us got up my more then 5 or so. It was tied with 4 seconds left and Nash drove through traffic for the game winning fingerroll. 84-82 final.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nah man, you were good when I played you in the last league. I won by 10, I believe. I had a better team and one big run that allowed me to pull ahead and I stayed there. You've just had bad luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Hopefully my win over the Hornets will get me out of my funk.

You're welcome, and good luck with future games not against the Lakers. ;)

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Everybody has played at least 3 games up this point, Lakers: 0 games played. We're doing pretty good this time.[/QUOTE]

I know... I had the second most games played in the last league, but I've had a busy week between doctor's appointments and registration.orientation/etc. for school (semester starts in February). Between that and leisure, I've been available when others have not been, and vice versa.

Rest assured, I am committed, and I can play no later than Monday; possibly Sunday depending on how the hockey game goes and what we do afterward.

bread's done
Back