NBA 2K9 League #2 3 Games due by 1-31=)

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Ugh. Dudedizzle and I just tried to play AGAIN. Twice. The first time, without any warning, the game just stopped and it said "Reporting game results" after like two minutes. The second time we actually made it through almost an etire half (!) before we got disconnected. Franky, could you clear the result of the first game?[/QUOTE]

Ok, it's reset. The goal when we started this league was to try and get in 2 games a week. So if you all could try and play a couple of games by Friday that would be awesome. I knocked out three the first night to hopefully help get the league off on the right foot, it's up to everyone else now to try and get some games in.

Would anybody be able to play a game around 5 EST today? Or if you want to play sometime else, let me know and I'll see if I can play then. I'm around pretty much all day.

I can probably play after the Lakers/Cavs game ends tonight. Too bad GoodFella won't be available to do a 2K9 version of the same matchup.

XXXplosive and I just played a good game, although I don't think it was officially recorded. I'm just happy that we were able to cnnect and play a full game without getting booted. The final score was something like Celtics 86, Pistons 68, and it was in Detroit. A real defensive struggle, although there was probably the lowest number of turnovers I've ever seen in a game - only like six or seven total. But we both shot under 50% for the game, which doesn't usually happen. Franky, would you mind manually entering the score?

I have been playing 5 on 5 team up games for the last 2 days and it has been sweet....when it wasnt lagging like hell.

Things I have found out...people online can not play defense worth shit. I was playing as Greg Oden in one game and I had 12 blocks with 14 points and 11 rebounds. The next game I was G.Wallace from the Bobcats and got 6 steals and 5 blocks.

I am out there killing cats man. When the next CAG league starts I want in...and if anyone drops I want to take there spot.

I just picked this game up for $30, but if a spot opens up, I would love to join. I'll take a lot of different teams, but I would prefer the Mavs.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']XXXplosive and I just played a good game, although I don't think it was officially recorded. I'm just happy that we were able to cnnect and play a full game without getting booted. The final score was something like Celtics 86, Pistons 68, and it was in Detroit. A real defensive struggle, although there was probably the lowest number of turnovers I've ever seen in a game - only like six or seven total. But we both shot under 50% for the game, which doesn't usually happen. Franky, would you mind manually entering the score?[/QUOTE]

I had a horrible shooting day. My backcourt could penetrate but Garnett and Perkins were blocking shots, and I could not hit a jump shot to save my life. Weavshow had some shooting trouble as well but he was raining threes and Rondo was killing me with layups. Good game.

Are the servers still down? I'm going to try to get on there for a bit. Message me on Live if you want to play if I'm not in the online league lobby.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are the servers still down? I'm going to try to get on there for a bit. Message me on Live if you want to play if I'm not in the online league lobby.[/QUOTE]

I just tried and they were still down.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Lame 2k, lame. At this rate I won't be able to get my 2 games in before Friday. It's not like I haven't tried though.[/QUOTE]

No worries man, it's not like anyone else is stepping up. If this doesn't work I guess it's impossible to get a league finished. I started off by playing THREE games hoping some others would jump in, but no. Hopefully this is just a case with the servers and SOMEONE play ONE game by Friday that is not against me, I doubt it though. Please prove me wrong.

EDIT: Oh yeah I can play pretty much anytime after 9 tonight.

Franky, did you see my post about manually entering the score for the game that wasn't counted? It was Celtics 86 @ Detroit 68 (or close enough to that, anyway). And yeah, the 2k servers have been screwed up for like half the time the league has been going. I think we'll be able to pull it off.

EDIT: I can also play anyone tonight, probably anytime after about 10:00 EST. Send me a message.

I didn't know the online play was so screwed up for this game. I mostly just play the franchise mode in basketball games, but I hope they fix the online so that I have a complete basketball game.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Franky, did you see my post about manually entering the score for the game that wasn't counted? It was Celtics 86 @ Detroit 68 (or close enough to that, anyway). And yeah, the 2k servers have been screwed up for like half the time the league has been going. I think we'll be able to pull it off.

EDIT: I can also play anyone tonight, probably anytime after about 10:00 EST. Send me a message.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't see it. I don't see anywhere where I can enter in a score. I can reset a game, but I don't see where to manually enter a score.

EDIT: I don't think I can manually put in the score. Make sure like last time that the opponent is in your que so the game counts.

[quote name='FrankySox']No I didn't see it. I don't see anywhere where I can enter in a score. I can reset a game, but I don't see where to manually enter a score.

EDIT: I don't think I can manually put in the score. Make sure like last time that the opponent is in your que so the game counts.[/QUOTE]

You can't manually type the score but you can give the win manually. It should be in the same drop down list where you choose to reset a game.

Also, I was going to play last night but the servers where down.

I think everyone has been trying to play, it's more of a server problem then a player commitment problem. That being said, after 10pm eastern, Im avaliable.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']You can't manually type the score but you can give the win manually. It should be in the same drop down list where you choose to reset a game.

Also, I was going to play last night but the servers where down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried that but for some reason it's not registering. I'm going to allow you ADMIN access, maybe you can help me out?

EDIT: Just added you as an ADMIN, hopefully you can help me run this league. With two of us we could do it more efficiently, and plus I really don't know the ins and outs of how to work everything on the website.

Cool. I went ahead and gave Weavshow the win for the match he and XXXplosive had the other night.

Also I want to remind everybody that if you want your league games to be counted on the 2K website you MUST do the following:

- Make sure the team you are playing against is in your queue
- When you're ready to play against your opponent select the SEND CHALLENGE option
- Do not....and I repeat, DO NOT PICK THE SEND CUSTOM CHALLENGE option. 2K does not
recognize custom matchups simply because in this setting you can modify the play time, sliders, rules,
etc. Basically rules that are not within the league standards.
- When you want to play against an opponent and the only option available is "send custom challenge",
that means that your opponent is not in you queue

Hope this helps until 2Ksports finally goes with full flex scheduling and not this queue crap :)

I'm not sure what's going on but I can't change anything in my que...

It's like it's making us play our first five games til we can play any others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it looks like this league is messed up. You can't change your que and all games in the first round (which is five games) must be played in seven days then it just automatically advances to round two. I don't remember setting anything like this up, since nobody is close to playing their five games by tomorrow I think we are screwed here.

I hope GoodFella can fix it. I've been trying to add Frank, and Weavshow to my que for the last two hours and we are stuck. I can remove games but not add any. If we cant fix it, I hope we can start a new one with the same people because it's not like we havent been trying to get games in. 2K has an stupidly complicated league set up. I can play tomorrow night if we get a fix. I have a MMA event Saturday night and I am going to the Royal Rumble Sunday night so I wont be around those nights.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I hope GoodFella can fix it. I've been trying to add Frank, and Weavshow to my que for the last two hours and we are stuck. I can remove games but not add any. If we cant fix it, I hope we can start a new one with the same people because it's not like we havent been trying to get games in. 2K has an stupidly complicated league set up. I can play tomorrow night if we get a fix. I have a MMA event Saturday night and I am going to the Royal Rumble Sunday night so I wont be around those nights.[/QUOTE]

I just checked out my queue and I was able to remove & add teams. The only time I got an error was when I tried to add a team twice (ex: Vs Suns and @ Suns). Make sure you remove your completed games from your queue. Also, I would advise all to leave an empty slot in your queue in case somebody wants to add you.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']I just checked out my queue and I was able to remove & add teams. The only time I got an error was when I tried to add a team twice (ex: Vs Suns and @ Suns). Make sure you remove your completed games from your queue. Also, I would advise all to leave an empty slot in your queue in case somebody wants to add you.[/QUOTE]

I only have two games in my que but can't add anybody.

[quote name='FrankySox']I only have two games in my que but can't add anybody.[/QUOTE]

Huh?, that's weird...I just added you to mine.

Well this sucks, it's been raining here all day and something happened to our internet at my apartment complex. It was down for everyone that I asked until just now. Any late night CAG's around here?

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I have a MMA event Saturday night and I am going to the Royal Rumble Sunday night so I wont be around those nights.[/QUOTE]

You lucky son of a bitch. I'm hoping to score tickets to SummerSlam in LA in August. I've been to many shows, but only 1 PPV- WrestleMania 21. I'd love to attend a Rumble. Have fun!

By the way, is it a live MMA event or are you watching Spike's showing of Brock's title win over Couture?

I'll be around all day today and would love to get another game in against someone. If you're around, let me know when you can play. Matt, I haven't gotten a chance to play you in either league yet and Celtics-Lakers is always a good time, so if you could play sometime today/tonight, let me know.

[quote name='Matt Young']You lucky son of a bitch. I'm hoping to score tickets to SummerSlam in LA in August. I've been to many shows, but only 1 PPV- WrestleMania 21. I'd love to attend a Rumble. Have fun!

By the way, is it a live MMA event or are you watching Spike's showing of Brock's title win over Couture?[/QUOTE]

It's probably the Affliction card he's going to be watching Saturday night.

bread's done
Back