NCAA Online Dynasty

I'm sure you can do a 16 or 32 game season. I imagine there's no cross play unfortunately and I definitely want to get the ps4 version.

Time, wife and children allowing, I am gonna platinum M25 today. The Captain, as usual, as inspired me. This time though, it won't be for something I could get arrested for.

I might try to do NCAA after this. You should pick that up on the cheap Tekkie. It will be the last NCAA game for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Hitman plat last night. Are the two of you going to peer pressure me into the madden plat???

What else are you playing? I started LEGO Marvel last week and I like to have 2 going at a time (usually one for a 1st playthrough and one for a trophy/replay), so I have to figure out what else to jump into. If I go for another initial playthrough at the same time I'm thinking Castlevania Mirrors of Fate, Ni No Kuni, Dragons Dogma, or Tomb Raider. If I go back to an old one I'm not sure which.

If you decide to go for it, let me know. All the cards Capt gave me helped a ton and I will hold onto them for you.

Any of those games would be a good choice, except for Mirrors of Fate. You can safely wait on that.

Haha Mirrors of Fate. I already bought it so it's in the backlog and I love Castlevania. So very disappointed by the recent poor reviews of the new one and I was hoping Mirrors would make me feel better about that. Guess not.

These MUT games are 2 min quarters? If you have extra cards definitely send them my way. I'll check it out tonight.

2 minute quarters with accelerated clock. You can play a game in about 10-15 minutes if both people are just going through things quickly enough.

I gave all my good cards to Yanks, so he'll have to pass them along.

I'm a huge CV fan too. I plan on going back to MoF and I hope I will enjoy it more than I did when I first tried it. I may have just been grumpy over LoS 2. But the others are all good games and I echo Captains sentiments on NNK. I don't care for anime and the first ten minutes I thought I would hate it, but I stuck with it and am glad I did. Easily my fav JRPG of the generation. It's not perfect but it exudes so much charm that it more than made up for the annoyances.

Oh, for the cards, I need to finish up MUT, just have to finish my collection which will take me 4 more games. I won't be able to do that until tomorrow though. After that, I will put them on the trading block and let you know so you can make an offer to acquire them.

Ok cool. Whenever you finish, no rush. Sounds like NNK is the winner here. I also agree that I don't really like anime but I love the old school turn based RPGs and there hasn't been much of that type of stuff this generation. I also have Xilia in backlog. I didn't like graces f but all of the good reviews and a $10 price tag convinced me to add it to the backlog.

Yea, I got Xillia to get to as well. I actually bumped Tales of Symphonia in front of it as I keep hearing from a lot of Tales fans that it is their favorite one. So far, its not bad, but its not blowing me away either. I prefer Xillia so far in my little time with both.

If we're talking RPGs, don't forget that FFX HD comes out in a week and a half. I'll probably be playing LR until then. By some act of god, I ended up with 3/19-3/21 off from work. At my job, we have to request time off a year in advance. I just picked those dates at random, and then they go and announce FFX HD releases on 3/18. Someone out there loves me.

Holy crap, the male prostitution business is a lot stricter than I ever thought. A year in advance is insane.

I'm pretty stoked for FFX HD. I don't know why, but I love the thought of JRPG and SRPG games on the go, so I will definitely be getting it for the Vita. I may grab a share on the PS3 too, but I doubt I would play it much on there.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't understand NHL's EA Seasons mode. I've played two games now and it's just people skating around, never passing and fighting every 2 minutes.

It's because I'm in such high demand that I'm usually booked pretty far in advance.
You're one of those fancy prostitutes.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't understand NHL's EA Seasons mode. I've played two games now and it's just people skating around, never passing and fighting every 2 minutes.
I haven't tried it. I have booted up NHL a few times with the best of intentions, but I haven't even made it out on the ice yet. Something always comes up. Or maybe I am sabotaging myself, purposefully choosing times to start it when I know I will get pulled away.

You're one of those fancy prostitutes.

I haven't tried it. I have booted up NHL a few times with the best of intentions, but I haven't even made it out on the ice yet. Something always comes up. Or maybe I am sabotaging myself, purposefully choosing times to start it when I know I will get pulled away.
I like playing with myself, not with others.

Take that as you will.

Broncos never scored aTD but beat me 18-10. Boyd 6 picks. Ivory hurt first quarter and out 4 weeks. Horrible game for me

I think Captain meant that they are essentially like playing 2 minute quarters because of the accelerated clock. The games online played against others are 4 minute quarters. There are a ton of solo challenges though and those will vary from 2-4 minute quarters.

Sucks about your league game, losing Ivory had to be the catalyst to all of that. You're a beast with him.

Having just watched the opening credits of Ni No Kuni, I feel like I'm about to play The Neverending Story, which would be awesome.

I'm in a madden free fall without Ivory. Lost 28-27. I threw a 23 yard TD pass with no time left in the game to almost tie, and then went for two and was stuffed on the goaline. Ivory can't come back soon enough.

So I was up 28-10 against the Chiefs at halftime. I get the kickoff to start the half, first play I throw an INT and they end up with a field goal. I get the ball back, first play, another INT and they get a TD. Ok...that can't possibly...third play of the half for me and a third INT. All three of them, the safety just comes out of nowhere and like a bolt of lightning gets the ball. On that third one I get a stop, so I'm thinking of sticking to the ground to avoid a fourth INT. Hand off...and fumble. They get a TD and now it's 28-26 because I stopped their 2 point try.

There's still 2 minutes left in the quarter. So basically in 5 minutes, they put up 16 points, picked me off 3 times, and forced a fumble.

Post game edit: They ended up getting to 43. I could do nothing but turn the ball over via INT or fumble the entire second half.

Ended up losing 43-35. Tom had 400+ yards and 5 TDs, and nearly all of that was in the first half. Is there some kind of adaptive AI in this game? I swear I played one team on rookie in the first half, and one on all-madden in the second half.

I trounced the Giants in a truly ugly game in the rain. TWELVE turnovers combined, 7 for them and 5 for me. Their only score came on an EJ fumble in the endzone, otherwise Manning was truly awful (he was responsible for all 7 TOs for the Giants, all INTs). In the first quarter, my nickle back had 2 Pick-Six's. EJ ended up having 2 picks and that fumble. Spiller rumbled for 200 yards and 3 TDs, though he had a fumble too.

63-7 was the final score. The week is advanced and I match up with our good friend CaptainTek this week. After that, me and you go at it CC. Can't wait for these two games.

You would have totally owned me by the 7th quarter.

You made some good adjustments in the 2nd half, you were just too sunk to have them pay off too much. If a running game is never a threat because you're down too much, its too difficult to compete against a decent human opponent. I imagine the next time we play, it will be close.

Big win over the titans. I signed frank gore to handle the load while Ivory is out. Boyd came through with 300 passing, 2 TD passing, 2 TD running, 2 INTs

Nice, well done.

I see you picked up South Park as well..all three of us are currently playing it. I am really surprised at how much I like it considering I never watched much of the show (had a son in some very impressionable years during the shows peak). It really nails the feel though and is a decent enough RPG to boot.

I finished South Park yesterday and I loved every second of it. I've seen most of the episodes more times than I can count, and some of the best parts of the game are small things that you might have forgotten about in one random episode. Definitely went to the top of my favorite games of the PS3 era.

I finished South Park yesterday and I loved every second of it. I've seen most of the episodes more times than I can count, and some of the best parts of the game are small things that you might have forgotten about in one random episode. Definitely went to the top of my favorite games of the PS3 era.
Well, being a Red Sox fan, that means what? You've seen them once?

Cheap and easy, I know..what can I say? I have a type.

2013 Yankees:

its_always_sunny_in_philadelphia_35091.jpeg

2014 Yankees:

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-the-gang-goes-to-the-jersey-shore_gallery_primary.jpg

Hahaha this thread took an unforeseen turn there. I've been looking forward to the South Park game for a while. I'm a casual fan of the show having seen a lot of the early seasons and not much the past few years. I started watching random episodes again a few months back.

My cousin picked it up and beat it already so he came by today and gave it to me to borrow. Problem is I have multiple other games going right now having just started Ni No Kuni at your suggestions. I played the beginning of the game but not sure how I'm going to juggle that, NNK, and trying to plat Lego Marvel which I just finished the story levels of tonight. I may end up putting South Park off until I finish those, but haven't decided.

For members of this site you guys seem to get new releases pretty quickly. I assume via gameshare (you're not paying full price I imagine). I've always been very very hesitant to try that even though it appears Sony could care less. I have such a backlog of AAA titles that the past year or so I haven't been purchasing new release aside from sports games.

Yup, we both gameshare. At most, we pay $20 for games as they come out and one can pay as little as $10 on release day. It works great for guys like Tek that can blast through games quickly and for idiots like me that can't stay focused on one game for very long.

YESSSSS. DO IT! It's not dropping in price anytime soon. You probably already have Plus games for it. You might as well be playing the superior versions of games like MGS. You will not regret it.

Same, though I am interested in trying it out this time around. I did enjoy MUT with Madden and Road to Glory with NCAA this year. I think it will help avoid some burnout as well.

Also, Captain, I think I am going to pick up the PS3 version too. PS4 version doesn't come out until a month after the PS3 and I want to start playing as soon as possible. I have only dabbled in The Show the last few years, so I am really amped up for it right now.

Are you going to be down for trying an online franchise?

I would love to do an online franchise but I'm pretty sure I'm only getting the ps4 version. How would you suggest doing one? We obviously aren't going to play 162

bread's done
Back