NCAA Online Dynasty

My game is played. I lost 17-14 to Buffalo. Highlight of the game was that I could walk down the field like I was playing against a bunch of middle school girls. Then when I get it the Red Zone all of a sudden I am playing the Ultimate team. I had just shy of 400 yards passing and the computer picked off the ball 4 times in the end zone.

It also doesn't help that not only did the computer QB never throw a pick to match my 4, they never threw a incomplete pass either. WTF  :bomb:

I think we are all going to have some games like that. It does piss one off though. My defense is not much better, so I can sympathize there. For the INT/redzone problem, do you remember what kind of plays you were running? Maybe it is just needing to adjust what you call around the goalline.

Or it was just terrible luck, which I have too sometimes.

typically they were "out routes" so that the pass should be away from the trailing defender but alas at the last second the defender would jump in front of the receiver and make the INT.

This is just a thought, you're the coach and you know your style better than I do.

I personally don't use those around the goalline much on higher difficulties. The thing that makes a route like that successful is when you have a little field space and the defense doesn't know which way you're gonna break or if you're gonna air it out completely. Towards the goalline, space is more limited and they can read and react to those breaks your WRs are making easier.

I agree they just seemed safer that a curl or a inside route. Anyways, I had yet to play a game on Heisman difficulty and I have only played about 15 games total so far. I also hadn't played a football game in about 5 years on any of my game systems. Regardless, I will play some more and get better.

Let me know when you have advanced the league so I can get my game in this weekend.

Yea, good luck with ND. Should be a classic.

At least your offense is clicking Boosted. 31 pts on Heisman is great. It will get easier I am sure, like you said, its the first time really playing in 5 years.

I rolled past a FCS team, 28-0. I hate those games. I always sub them out of my schedule on offline dynasty and play a real team.

Hopefully as a group we will play more than one season so I can actually get better because my #2 OSU team will probably be out of the Top 25 after that loss.

I am planning on it for sure. I could see this casually going for quite awhile, even if we ramp down games per week expectations, I would like to try to keep this going and see how teams evolve.

Yeah my intention also is to keep it going. I will try to play tonight. Heisman can be difficult at times. I got stomped last game in my offline dynasty too.

Sounds good, glad all three of us are commited for awhile. I also will be looking to do a Madden one too, if you guys are going to pick that up. We will probably get a few more people for that one too. Rams is down for it, and since more people seem to play it, we might get a few more people getting in randomly.

Natural evolution is to move to madden 14. The only thing that sucks is that it comes out in a month. If we switch to madden the I might just sell the NCAA game. If we all switch to play a dynasty there I don't see us continuing to play NCAA.

Ha, I would continue. I believe CC would as well. I hope you stay with NCAA over Madden if you only want to do one, but that is just me being greedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to pick up Madden but I always keep playing NCAA and prefer NCAA. I think I mentioned it once before, but if we play both, we can export players from NCAA to the Madden draft in our dynasty there. I should've played last night but didnt get the chance. Had told a friend that I'd play a level of co-op Far Cry 3 which usually takes us an hour, but this particular round took us 2 hours to get through so it ate up my NCAA time. I will do what I can to get it in tonight. Sorry for holding it up.

No hold up at all. I will be able to play tomorrow but then I might not be able to get my game in until saturday or sunday. I will be out of town for work on Wednesday and Thursday. Then I have to work 11 hours on Friday and 8 on Saturday.

Instant classic. Beat Notre Dame 20-17 with a FG as time ran out. QB was incredible going 18-20. Basically took a perfect game from him to beat a top ranked team. Advanced.

Lend me the US!

I finished my game btw. Won 21-17 over rival Iowa St. I had so many boneheaded plays that I should have been blown out. Bottom line, it took a kickoff return for a TD late in the 3rd to put me up, only to cough the ball up with my 4th INT on a stupid throw to give up the lead with less than a minute left. I was fortunate enough to march down the field in less than 30 seconds to score the winning TD and then pick off the opposing QB on their next play to seal the deal. Besides the INTs, I wasn't entirely displeased with my QB and am glad I resisted the urge to bench him so he could have his moment of glory. It was a big/ rival game too (being from Iowa, it is the biggest game of the year for both schools).

Just won my first game over Cal. 57-51 in 4OT. Hell yeah!!! It was great 510 yds passing with 6 TD's. However I threw 6 INT's as well, 3 of which were in the end zone like normal for me.

Regarding Frogger, I got it from marauder7. Send him a PM.

Wow, wish I could have seen those OTs. I am looking forward to that feature with the PS4. Being able to watch another friend play is perfect for online sports leagues.

Advanced. I beat the Akron Zips 21-3. Looks like I have another cupcake game coming up against UConn. I also got my first commit, a three star (i think) center.

Enjoy your trip boosted.

Got my game in..28-6 over Western Michigan. Just FYI, my PS3 froze like a minute into the initial game, so I had to do a hard reboot and start up a new game. Nothing big had happened yet..I stopped them 3 and out and had a sack when it happened.

I continue to make bone headed throws. I really need to curb this behavior before I play some good competition. 2 more INTs to add to my total. :smh:

The good thing was that I finally got some positive results running the ball. I did bust off a big run late in the game, but I was much more pleased with consistently solid gains throughout the game.

I will pretty much be unavailable this weekend, got family activities planned, but it looks like we won't be advancing until then anyways. As an FYI, I will be out of town Thurs Aug 15th-Mon Aug 19th, so no games for me then.

I have no objection to you joining if the others are ok with it. We are only a couple of games in. Add me on PSN at Shoe_It and if the others don't mind, which I doubt they will, then I will send you an invitation.

You don't have to take a Big 10 team but it might be more fun if you do. I was going to be Miami originally but I changed to Michigan once yanks and boosted both picked Big 10 teams. You're welcome to do whatever you'd like though.

My wife goes to OSU but they got snatched up I see, so I might go the Penn State(my hometown team) route since you guys are going big 10. But at the same time i'm pretty average at the game, so I don't know if they would be good enough for me to compete. I'll think it over this evening, thanks guys.

This is my PSN id btw

AtrocityExhibit 

Ok you've been invited. Yanks, thanks for letting us know about the restart due to Internet issues. As commish I can in fact see who restarts and how many times and give a loss if I feel someone cheated, which is an awesome feature but one that I know I'll never have to use with this group. We can in fact add teams midseason so pick whoever you want needle. I'm very happy with this league so far in all regards by the way. I think we have a nice level of competition and its great that everyone is talking on the boards here.

COMMISSIONER UPDATE

Braxton Miller of Ohio St had 524 and 6TDs last week and is in the Heisman race as a result. He leads the NCAA in yards too. I also had Big Ten defensive player of the week last week with my DE who got four sacks against an unranked opponent. J Perry of Ohio St and J Morris of Iowa are 1 and 3 in the nation in tackles. And my DE leads the NCAA in sacks following last week's performance, although Yanks has two guys sitting at 3 and 4 overall in the nation with 5 sacks each.

Scary game. Couldn't get it going offensively against UConn. They tied it with 4 seconds left at 9-9 and scored first in OT. I luckily won 15-12 OT. Boosted, let us know when you play so we can advance.

If not for some dropped passes by their secondary and wide receivers I would've and should've lost. Nothing like beating #6 Notre Dame and following it up with a loss to UConn.

49-31 win over FCS Southeast. 2-2 now. Braxton Miller went 30-49 for 561 yds passing, 5 TD through the air and 2 more on the ground. Big 10 Player of the Week???? Heisman Front Runner????

Probably not if I can't actually do well overall for the season. Rarely can you win the heisman when you only make it to the Motor City Bowl.

bread's done
Back