New Battlefield Clan Topic - WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE!!

I actually played this game how it supposed to played today for the first time. No lag, no messing around, and it was a BLAST. I love being a medic. I hope more CAGs start playing it more, I will be on ALL the time.

I would love to join in the clan activities, but alas I only got the game for Christmas and as such I am still a newb so once I get used to the game a little more I will hit you guys up for some clan access.

dude no need to worry. This is not really a clan, but more of a fiends list.

Just get xfire and send everyone in the clan a friend invite. If you have a mic or headset, download teamspeak and send me a PM and I will send you the address for the teamspeak server.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']dude no need to worry. This is not really a clan, but more of a fiends list.

Just get xfire and send everyone in the clan a friend invite. If you have a mic or headset, download teamspeak and send me a PM and I will send you the address for the teamspeak server.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I will get ahold of xfire and at some point I need to get a mic, but I need to recover from the holiday spending frenzy that the wife and I went on before I can. I will try and get on and play this weekend.

So this has probably been done to death, but what do you guys suggest for unlocks? I have 2 waiting...

So far I have unlocked the engineer's super-shotgun and the spec-ops second gun.

I have Special Forces, so that's available...

From what I've read, the medic's second gun rocks...but I haven't played medic that much.

any suggestions?

the assault gun is pretty good if you do not mind losing the nade tube.

You may want to wait until the next patch though, since they plan on fixing the accuracy of the anti tank, sniper, and support kits and the unlocks for these classes could turn into beasts

Just a quick question, are you supposed to get a kit upgrade every time you advance a rank? I went up a rank a long time ago, but never got a kit unlock.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Just a quick question, are you supposed to get a kit upgrade every time you advance a rank? I went up a rank a long time ago, but never got a kit unlock.[/QUOTE]

you don't get an upgrade when you become private. Private first class is the first rank you get which gives an unlock

well I am back sorry for the brief stint away from Bf2 the xbox 360 has my attention now plus I had to reformat all my hdd. I will install the game back up soon dont know when but hopefully today if time lets me. Ill be sure to Im u casey on xfire when im ready hopefully when can get back the way we were .

here is an excellent parody video of mario kart dd using bf2 have fun

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2409892349901429544&q=double

anyone up for trying to get a game going this week sometime? I don't really care if we play vanilla or SF, it would more be predicated on the people we get (since I know some of you dont have SF)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']anyone up for trying to get a game going this week sometime? I don't really care if we play vanilla or SF, it would more be predicated on the people we get (since I know some of you dont have SF)[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for a game anytime this week. Shit, even tonight.

[quote name='Zoglog']wow I havent played in awhile, Have they fixed GUI lag lol?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not...And since Xfire shows servers with wacky pings compared to what they end up being really, I have to use the in game browser (tho I play on one server nowadays anyway). Finally got explosives badge...oh knife badge, you taunt me so.

knife badge is pretty easy to get. Be MEC on Karkland and either hide near the destroyed APC and kill people who run over the hill to attack from that side or run up the middle and wait for them to come through the buildings.

Sharqi is also easy to get the badge on provided the contruction zone has a lot of stuff going on (picking off people sniping means a lot of free kills).

Also I am in the same position as Frogger now so any information on what I should unlock would be good. I may wait though and see if there are any in Euro Force though

DAO 12 if you are a fan of anti-tank. Thing really packs a punch and can clean house with ease. The M95 is also a really good weapon IMO.

Wow, I might as well try Karkand/Sharqi then, it's been a while since I played normal BF2. I think the medic, AT and sniper unlocks make those classes 100% more effective/fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but can you get a 1 shot kill (with full health) with the DAO? I always need a second shot from close range to get the kill, but it shoots so fast that it's not usually a problem. I love the pump shotgun for it's one shot killiness...

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What do you guys think my first kit unlock should be?[/QUOTE]

Yeah...like CASEY said the DAO is a nice gun to have. I actually like the G3 a lot personally (Assault Upgrade) granted it is sans any 203, that thing packs a punch.

I'd have to say for first unlock, without a doubt, the G36C. This thing is like a swiss army knife, you can burst up close/med range + single shot snipe from very very far using iron sights.

My second choice would have to be PKM. Once you learn how to shoot with it, the kills just come pouring in. 45 damage per hit.

M95 is inferior to the M24 in all aspects except for shooting through heli glass.

DAO 12 is nice, but the question is do you play AT often enough to warrant it?

G3 is decent, although the 20 round clip will make you pissed off more often than not.

L85 is ok, but does too little damage for my taste...AK is better.

And whatever you do, stay away from the Jackhammer.

does anyone else think it is easier to rack up points/ medals/ kills on the special forces maps than the regular maps? I have been playing on a Mass/Surge/ Ghost Town server and have been pretty much owning (not on Ghost town as much as Surge or Mass). I have gotten more medals in the past couple of days that I can think I have ever gotten in a stretch (tons of silver and gold).

Finally got my copy of BF2! Don't know if I should get the Special Forces expansion or not eyt.

Will be installing the game tonight and looking forward to kicking ass with you guys!

Can i join? Just got my new comp like a weekago and havnt palyed it at all. My aim is mad hot gangster and my login is {CAG} Help1

Is SF needed, cause then i might not join yet.

[quote name='help1']Can i join? Just got my new comp like a weekago and havnt palyed it at all. My aim is mad hot gangster and my login is {CAG} Help1

Is SF needed, cause then i might not join yet.[/QUOTE]

its not necessary, but you are definately going to want to pick that up in the next little while. Same goes for Euro Force when it comes out. There are still a ton of people playing vanilla (almost 4 times more ranked servers for vanilla than there are for special forces).

What is necessary is to download Xfire and Teamspeak and then PM me for the teamspeak IP.

Also make sure you patch the game up to patch 1.12

[quote name='CaseyRyback']knife badge is pretty easy to get. Be MEC on Karkland and either hide near the destroyed APC and kill people who run over the hill to attack from that side or run up the middle and wait for them to come through the buildings.

Sharqi is also easy to get the badge on provided the contruction zone has a lot of stuff going on (picking off people sniping means a lot of free kills).

Also I am in the same position as Frogger now so any information on what I should unlock would be good. I may wait though and see if there are any in Euro Force though[/QUOTE]

thats what im going to do. i figure, new patch and new "module" or whatever - must be some goodness there.

im just happy im back from my company's sales meeting. working all weekend - joy.

i just got the game, but im not so hot. so if you dont want me in the clan its cool. is it possible for me to join?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']does anyone else think it is easier to rack up points/ medals/ kills on the special forces maps than the regular maps? I have been playing on a Mass/Surge/ Ghost Town server and have been pretty much owning (not on Ghost town as much as Surge or Mass). I have gotten more medals in the past couple of days that I can think I have ever gotten in a stretch (tons of silver and gold).[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer Surge/Warlord/Ghost Town to most maps in Vanilla. Probably because the lack of plane whores who make the game a constant spawnrape fest.

Especially Ghost Town, because it seems like there are less "dead zones" where you have to walk miles and miles just to see some action. The whole island is full of it on Ghost Town so where ever you decide to spawn you are only a few steps away from getting right into the mix. Also, you have access to everything on Ghost--you get 4 different choppers, APCs, Jeeps, Tanks, ATVs, Boats, Jetskis and best of all, NO JETS!

I'm definately looking forward to Euro Force--especially the Great Wall of China map...how badass will that be?!

After my 5 month abscence, I may be back. I moved into my frat house this week, and have a pretty decent connection now. I'm having issues getting SF reinstalled (keeps saying I don't have enough HD space to patch, even though I have ~117GB), but I'm up for some vanilla anytime, and I'll try to get SF working ASAP.

[quote name='b0bx13']After my 5 month abscence, I may be back. I moved into my frat house this week, and have a pretty decent connection now. I'm having issues getting SF reinstalled (keeps saying I don't have enough HD space to patch, even though I have ~117GB), but I'm up for some vanilla anytime, and I'll try to get SF working ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Let's play today, I'm home all day!

[quote name='2poor']my xfire name is 2poor. do i have to put the xfire sig in and if i do how do i do that?[/QUOTE]

no you don't. It just shows what you are playing and when you are online so it makes it easier for people in the forums who may be on your friends list to see it.

Didn't get the time to install Battlefield 2 yet as I have become absorbed in finding referrals for my NDS (im hitting close) and enjoying EVE Online :D

if you have 13500 points or more you should get some two new unlocks. I had one left over from getting 20000 points and I now have three (saving 2 for the new weapons in Euro Force)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']if you have 13500 points or more you should get some two new unlocks. I had one left over from getting 20000 points and I now have three (saving 2 for the new weapons in Euro Force)[/QUOTE]

im only up to over 800. :(

[quote name='JDMxB']Tech--u gotta try Ghost Town.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't have the expansion pack, but I plan on getting it soon.

it is fixed in the next patch. It does not explode until it reaches a certain distance. Benefit is it can bounce off walls.

and tech you should get Euro Force before the exp. since it is going to be integrated into BF2 vanilla.

bread's done
Back