NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

Oh man I want that statue.  About 60 coins short.  Damn you Mario's Picross!  I'd have had enough if I didn't get that.  Hopefully it'll stay in stock for a decent while at that "price".

Edit:  Woohoo!  I forgot I had a couple 3DS games I got on clearance almost a year ago. both had Club codes, so had enough to get the statue!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that statue too, I tried to get as much Luigi stuff this year to make it the best Year of Luigi.  I didn't get one of those cool coins like I would have wanted though :/

got my calander today. It was creased. oh well.
If it's severely damaged, you can call their number and they'll replace it for free. I did that recently since the post office jacked up my Zelda posters, got the new ones in yesterday. Got to keep the old ones too, might give them away on a stream

Damn I want that Luigi statue. I'm sure I have enough unused codes to get it. But there goes my money I would make in June selling codes when the new Nintendo year deadline is about to hit since people go apeshit to get the platinum reward.

Decisions decisions...

Damn I want that Luigi statue. I'm sure I have enough unused codes to get it. But there goes my money I would make in June selling codes when the new Nintendo year deadline is about to hit since people go apeshit to get the platinum reward.

Decisions decisions...
I keep my codes until the rollover and redeem them to get Platinum on the first day of the new year. But this statue knocked me down to 300 coins, so if anything else comes along, I may have to dip into my funds.

I received my posters today
Thanks, just got notice mine shipped. Don't even remember what it is it's been so long and the email didn't say. Oh wait, I think it was some plastic cards.

They should have really made that luigi statue the platinum prize this year. Similar to the one a few years ago.

According to the CN website, Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter net you 15 coins each. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition that was free over the weekend was also worth 10 coins.  

I hit platinum today.  Hope they buck the trend and have a decent platinum exclusive game as I'm not interested in figurines, posters etc.

This thread seems dead, but I thought I'd ask the question.

I bought an Art Academy DS game that was sealed, but there was no Club Nintendo slip inside.  Does this happen sometimes, or did I get a reseal?

Does anyone know if you register a Wii U Deluxe bundled with Mario / Luigi U if you get coins for post play?  I know you did with Nintendo Land when it was bundled with the Premium set.  It's been over a week for me and I have yet to see it. 

I inquired to Nintendo as to why I have not received a survey and got this :(

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us, and for your patience while waiting for a reply.

The reason you haven't found a Post-Play survey for New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi Bros. U is that the game came as part of a system bundle and is not eligible for registration on Club Nintendo.

I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but I appreciate your understanding. I hope you continue to enjoy Club Nintendo!
Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Danielle Perkins

Is anyone having problems submitting surveys? I click finish, but it stays on the survey page, doesn't complete or give me any coins for the survey. I tried Chrome and Firefox, same thing happens.

EDIT: Finally got the coins for it. I guess I had to put in an answer for "15.     Please tell us in your own words what you think about the game or any other thoughts you might have (255 character max)."

I left it blank the first few times and it didn't give me any error messages that I needed to answer it. So I put something in the box and submitted and it went through.

My son just registered a bunch of games and got just 10 coins short of platinum. But you get the follow up surveys for more coins, right? How long before you get those surveys? Is there time?

My son just registered a bunch of games and got just 10 coins short of platinum. But you get the follow up surveys for more coins, right? How long before you get those surveys? Is there time?
Follow up surveys will be there 1 week after registering the game. He should barely make it.

Anyone know if you will get the 10 bonus coins for early registration if you put in the Club Nintendo code, but don't actually fill out the survey till after the last possible date for early registration?

I'll probably try it regardless for Mario Kart 8.

Hey guys I need some advice...

I have 200 coins for the year that's ending tomorrow.

I have 2 3DS games, a Wii U and 3 games that are unregistered.

Would you guys suggest bumping up to gold/platinum for this year or waiting for the new year to start? Or perhaps some other split.

The 'To-Do' list reads that MK 8 is eligible for the 70 Coins (includes 10 early registration Coins). I'll know for sure in a couple of days.

Early registration should have expired some time last week. I'm not expecting the extra 10 since I waited till now (the new Club year) to register Mario Kart. I was already Platinum so I wanted them to count for next year. I was willing to give up the extra 10 points for that.

Early registration should have expired some time last week. I'm not expecting the extra 10 since I waited till now (the new Club year) to register Mario Kart. I was already Platinum so I wanted them to count for next year. I was willing to give up the extra 10 points for that.
Well, I put in the code last week so I could go ahead and download the free game, but didn't take the survey until the year rolled over today. Maybe that explains why I still got 70.

Awesome! I just went to go do it after reading your posts, and got 70 Coins! :)

I'm kinda wondering if it was for an ITB survey... My 'To-Do History' does not show one being completed for MK 8. Now I wonder if there even was an ITB survey for MK 8. How the fuck would have I missed it? I mean, like many, I take ITB surveys for games I don't actually intend to buy. This was not one of those.

I should probably bring over the code expiration discussion happening the Club Nintendo deals thread to here where it is more appropriate.

Someone was wondering how/when codes expire. They tried to enter the code for Sin & Punishment Star Successor which in their To-Do list expires later in July. They were told the code had already expired. I have this in my list too but can't find the code to test it out.

I tried a few others, though, that were also expiring for me this summer (Wii Fit Plus and NSMB Wii) and they both worked fine.

Then I tried one that had already expired (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness). When I entered the code the site didn't even respond, it just reset the code entry like I entered a completely invalid random string of characters. The other guy said it told him S&P expired. I got no notice.

But then I tried it on my daughter's sub-account. Lo and behold, it registered fine there. So I guess what happens is if you did the Intend to Buy, you then have 5 years to get the code registered (with the exception of S&P which they either completely invalidated or it is 4 years on that one). If you don't do it within that time, then you lose the ability to enter the code in any capacity. However, if you never filled out the Intend to Buy, you can still redeem them after the alleged expiration.

I habitually did Intend To Buy on everything they put up just to get the 10 coin bonus. Now I am regretting that because I have several coming up this year that I will not need for Platinum. I still haven't even done my 2 Mario Kart 8 + digital games and I'm already at Gold just from messing around trying to figure this all out.

The good news, though, is that those old codes are still good in general terms - just not if you did the Intend To Buy on them. I have stacks of old codes and I'm glad they aren't all going bad this (or last) year! I can still enter them on the sub-account where I didn't do "Intend to Buy" for anything. I think this all may be coming to a head now because Intend to Buy was introduced around 5 or 6 years ago. I certainly don't remember this being an issue before.

Here, let me copy-paste my whole post from the other thread for reference:

Hooray, already hit Platinum for this year!

But here's something troubling - my To-Do list shows the registration deadline for Sin & Punishment: Star Successor as being June 27th of 2015. However, when I went to register it just now, it gave me the following message:

"Sorry! Registration for this game has expired. Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products."

When I went to investigate matters in the FAQ, I then found this, which oddly enough, specifically mentions the game I was trying to register:

• Current software has a registration timeframe of four years from the game's initial release date. So, for example, all PINs included with Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (released 6/27/10) will expire on 6/27/14.

If this is true, then the entirety of my To-Do list deadlines are off by one year, and this will be a giant problem for some people. HOWEVER, I also registered The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box today, both of which my To-Do list said were expiring this year. Looking back at their release dates, it will have been five years from their release date this year, and not four, and I was able to register those just fine without any problem. So, is the FAQ wrong and Sin & Punishment is an anomaly, or do we really have four years and are the DS games I just registered the anomaly? If it's the latter, then I assume that *everyone's* To-Do list deadlines are actually off by a year, and mass chaos will ensue. What's going on?
Of course, io, even your theory about how this works is just speculation at this point. My Spirit Tracks and Layton games were on my list because of Intend-to-Buy (the whole reason I knew when these registrations "supposedly" expire in the first place), just like S&P, and they worked fine. After the S&P thing happened, I emailed Nintendo to see what's up. Hopefully they'll get back to me, and I'll be sure to let everyone know what I find out. If the four-year thing holds true, I have a whole bunch of other games that supposedly expire next year which I'll need to register this year instead. What a pain.

But I don't think everything is off - just S&P at this point.

It also isn't speculation that them being on your To-Do list and then expiring means you can no longer register them on that account but that they work on others (or sub-accounts) where you did not do the Intend To Buy. I just want to emphasize that because someone might think their code is useless when they might be able to use it on a sub-account or at least trade it to someone else.

Well, when it comes to S&P, it was removed from this list, and may be why it's not eligible for Coins. I know it was removed because I registered it on Apr. 6, before the PP surveys for those games were to stop happening. This may be why an exp date existed, but was not removed from the 'To-Do List.'

I'm also convinced some other games were removed after the list was released. I created my own list based of the Eligible Products list in order to efficiently help reach Plat status, yet after registering one of those games (Rhythm Heaven DS), I was notified that it was not eligible for Coins.

More removed games:

:ds: The Legendary Starfy

:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing

:wii: New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

As long as the game is on that list, it should earn you Coins. Check it before you decide to register your game as it may have been removed. I still don't understand why Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness with an ITB completed survey didn't work though...

Well, when it comes to S&P, it was removed from this list, and may be why it's not eligible for Coins. I know it was removed because I registered it on Apr. 6. This may be why an exp date existed, but was not removed from the 'To-Do List.'

I'm also convinced some other games were removed after the list was released. I created my own list based of the Eligible Products list in order to efficiently help reach Plat status, yet after registering one of those games (Rhythm Heaven DS), I was notified that it was not eligible for Coins.

More removed games:

As long as the game is on that list, it should earn you Coins. Check it before you decide to register your game as it may have been removed. I still don't understand why Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness with an ITB completed survey didn't work though...

Yeah, guess what I got ZERO coins for registering...oh wait, it was MARIO KART 8. That's cool, I wait to register it until the new Club Nintendo year began, got my free game but did not get any coins for MK8.
Are you serious? I just got 70 coins for it less than 24 hours ago.

Well, when it comes to S&P, it was removed from this list, and may be why it's not eligible for Coins. I know it was removed because I registered it on Apr. 6. This may be why an exp date existed, but was not removed from the 'To-Do List.'

More removed games:

As for DK Jungle Beat, that one was on my to-do list thanks to ITB until May 4th of this year, which again, was 5 years after it was released, and not four. I never bought it, though, since I owned the GameCube version. So the question remains - is it five years, as seems to be the case for everything else (hopefully), or four, like the FAQ says? Stupid Nintendo, fix your shit!

bread's done
Back