New Gamestop trade promo: 50% extra credit for ALL games. Starts 2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hpv']Still a rip off. I wouldn't trade in games to Gamestop for an extra 100%.[/QUOTE]

You're loss. If that was ever available, you could trade in a fairly new game you just beat for pretty much a new game.

i seriously dont know what to do with my copy of mass effect 2(already got 1015 pts & dlc has been less than mediocre), i want to wait till monday & hope the trade in stays the same so i can potentially put $56 towards my god of war III ultimate edition, or get screwed with the trade in dropping drastically & losing a potential $47.50 i could get with my edge cards 10% & the 25% bonus for reserving god of war III... decisions decisions.

My theory is most games $25 and under will stay the same. Most new games already trade in for that anyway (Dante's Inferno is $21 for example). ME2 is the only real anomaly. ME2 will almost definitely drop for sure. The fact that it's been $35 this long is astonishing to me.

I've been watching the TIVs at work, and I'll know Monday if they've dropped on popular titles.

[quote name='hpv']Still a rip off. I wouldn't trade in games to Gamestop for an extra 100%.[/QUOTE]

Agreed unless they gave me 1 of EVERY next gen console just for trading in my old not working copy of Rock Revolution . I am being COMPLETELY SERIOUS cant stand them :bomb:

Why do people who are so anti-gamestop come to a gs thread just to post how much they hate it?

To us, the people who are users of their services, this is a good deal, if you don't like GS then go to the thread of a store you like.

I have seven games to trade. trade in today or wait till tomorrow?

EDIT: I thought that I wouldn't be lazy and do the math. Values from the GS TIV thread and the prices in brackets are with the 60% additional from the promo + edge card.

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - $8 (2/4/10) ($12.80)
Halo Wars - $4 (2/3/10) ($6.40)
Saints Row 2 - $5 (2/17/10) ($8)
Borderlands - $23.75 (2/17/10) ($38)
Civ Rev - $6.25 (2/2/10) ($10)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010 - $22.50 (2/11/10) ($36)
Brutal Legend - $8.75 (2/11/10) ($14)

Total - $57.75

Trade 7 and get additional $50 = $107.75
Plus 50% Trade + 10% GE Card = $125.20

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Saints Row 2 and Halo Wars values don't work for the current trade-in promo. Saints Row 2 is $5 and Halo Wars is $4. So assuming all current values stay, if you trade in today you get $103.25. If you trade-in on Monday it'll be around $118. Again that's assuming trade-in values stay the same, which isn't likely with this type of promo.

[quote name='discordman']Why do people who are so anti-gamestop come to a gs thread just to post how much they hate it?

To us, the people who are users of their services, this is a good deal, if you don't like GS then go to the thread of a store you like.[/QUOTE]

+1

Depending on your situation, this may or may not be a better deal than the current promo, but if one is a GS hater, why are they even posting in (or reading for that matter) a GS thread. All us CAGs are aware of the other options for our old games so they cant even say they are here to inform. It's thread crapping pure and simple.

On topic, too bad I'm not through with my high value DS games yet (Layton, Inside Story, KH:358). This might have been my best opportunity to pass them on.

[quote name='dapunisure']i seriously dont know what to do with my copy of mass effect 2(already got 1015 pts & dlc has been less than mediocre), i want to wait till monday & hope the trade in stays the same so i can potentially put $56 towards my god of war III ultimate edition, or get screwed with the trade in dropping drastically & losing a potential $47.50 i could get with my edge cards 10% & the 25% bonus for reserving god of war III... decisions decisions.[/QUOTE]

I admit the mass effect DLC was pretty much forgettable but I have a feeling the ME2 DLC is gonna be epic. They have really listened to fans on ME2 and one of the big gripes was the mediocre DLC from the last game. I have a feeling Bioware is gonna correct that.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah, I've been greatly amused by all the people that doubted me.[/QUOTE]
What'd ya expect? We've been burned a good number of times by "deals" of GameStop's that turned out to be too good to be true or just flat out terrible. Especially when you see weekly coupons coming in saying "BUY NEW X GAME AND RECEIVE 25% OFF A USED GAME."

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah, I've been greatly amused by all the people that doubted me.[/QUOTE]
Dont take it personally, its the way evreryone is now. No one can be trusted. Especaily when a deal seems too good to be true. Regardless if anyone hates GS, this could be a great deal for some.

[quote name='jp0213']Well Saints Row 2 and Halo Wars values don't work for the current trade-in promo. Saints Row 2 is $5 and Halo Wars is $4. So assuming all current values stay, if you trade in today you get $103.25. If you trade-in on Monday it'll be around $118. Again that's assuming trade-in values stay the same, which isn't likely with this type of promo.[/QUOTE]

so if those two games don't count, then I don't get the 7 for $50 therefore I will just wait till tomorrow.

[quote name='EagleSkyline']So is this an extra 50% for every game you trade in or just the total?[/QUOTE]

your kidding right?

My planned trade:

Killzone 2 - $10.25 (2/19/10)
Tiger Woods 2010 Wii - $18.25 (2/8/10)

x 50%, no edge $42.75

Then, Super Mario Galaxy and Grand Slam Tennis for $40 towards GOWIII.

I'll still have $22.75 plus the rest of my credit for the next b2g1free.

[quote name='EagleSkyline']So is this an extra 50% for every game you trade in or just the total?[/QUOTE]

Dave

If the TIV holds I'll probably trade in borderlands with this. With all the new games I just don't have time for it so I'll pick it up at a later date hopefully they will re-release it will all the dlc on the disk

Man, it's shocking to see how much GS's trade in prices have plummeted. They are easily running ~30-50% less than a year ago. I know I traded in Fable 2 and Fallout 3 at the start of Feb last year and got $45 each with the 50% more for 6 bonus. I'd say Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed 2 are comparable games, and they'd net me $34 and $24 respectively after this and edge.

To say nothing of the new starting price for most games being ~$22 instead of $30+.

[quote name='xCappax']in all my life I've never seen a TIV for $45 at GS....[/QUOTE]

Definitely not base trade in value but after bonuses its easy to $45. Hell, I've gotten over $50 on a single game with bonuses before.

I think the highest TIV they have is usually $35, so if you have a preorder from amazon that came with credit and for some reason you dont want to play it, you can trade it in for $56 while keeping the $10 credit.

[quote name='Tsukento']What'd ya expect? We've been burned a good number of times by "deals" of GameStop's that turned out to be too good to be true or just flat out terrible. Especially when you see weekly coupons coming in saying "BUY NEW X GAME AND RECEIVE 25% OFF A USED GAME."[/QUOTE]
Been a CAG for 6 years now, and I post here everyday as anyone who checks my profile can see. I would have had no reason to lie.
[quote name='wrencrest']Dont take it personally, its the way evreryone is now. No one can be trusted. Especaily when a deal seems too good to be true. Regardless if anyone hates GS, this could be a great deal for some.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I didn't take it personally. I actually like being the person who can say "I told you so" lol.

Please let the TIV's for Borderlands and L4D 2 hold up. That's a brand new 60 dollar game for those two, with the bonus.

[quote name='xtchuh']I have seven games to trade. trade in today or wait till tomorrow?

EDIT: I thought that I wouldn't be lazy and do the math. Values from the GS TIV thread and the prices in brackets are with the 60% additional from the promo + edge card.[/quote]
Where is this trade in value thread?

[quote name='Oswald9599']Mass effect 2 still get's $35...and somehow Borderlands still gets $23.50 so Im trading those in 2morrow.[/QUOTE]

We'll see if that's the case tomorrow when the deal starts.

It was still $35 today...whereas at least 30 games that were between 10-15 have dropped today to 5-10. Granted they could just drop it again. If it does'nt you could buy Mass effect 2 used again and make $20, if you wanted to do that kind of thing.

[quote name='Oswald9599']If it does'nt you could buy Mass effect 2 used again and make $20, if you wanted to do that kind of thing.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. With my employee discount that would equal large amounts of credit for me. There's no way they'll keep it at $35 tomorrow.

Kara No kyoukai: Garden of Sinners. Its the main character Ryouga Shiki's Eye. If you have ever watched the Tsukihime series or maybe fate stay night check it out. The original books are sick and now UFO table has made 7 movies out of them. None have been licensed for out here though sadly.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Kara No kyoukai: Garden of Sinners. Its the main character Ryouga Shiki's Eye. If you have ever watched the Tsukihime series or maybe fate stay night check it out. The original books are sick and now UFO table has made 7 movies out of them. None have been licensed for out here though sadly.[/QUOTE]
Best part about those movies is Kalafina. I saw them live...
[quote name='Rahxephon91']Do they even take GBA games anymore?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

If this deal IS true, and ME2 does still get 35, im so gonna trade it in tommorow, even though i havent beat it, and just re-buy it later. (Since i already have a Cerberus Code)

i can't believe everyone is falling for this pathetic marketing scheme with a lousy company.. Drop already LOW TIV's and make customer's think they are getting an "Extra 50%", lmao.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Best part about those movies is Kalafina. I saw them live...

Yes.[/QUOTE]

(Swoons in Jealousy)

The paradox spiral fight scenes, though short, are truly breathtaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back