New Jersey vs. Ottawa *Finals* CAGHL II: Turbo - Summer Edition

we got our game in earlier today. very close, i didn't think i was going to be able to win it, but i got lucky with a slapshot late in the third.

i don't like playing with my headset (plus it's broken, so it has to be all macgyvered if i want to use it), but if you guys would like me to use it, i suppose i always could.

[quote name='TJordan522']Thatstoobad--are you running the fall league?[/QUOTE]
i could probably do it again, unless someone else wants to. we'll see what happens once this league's over.

[quote name='thatstoobad']we got our game in earlier today. very close, i didn't think i was going to be able to win it, but i got lucky with a slapshot late in the third.

i don't like playing with my headset (plus it's broken, so it has to be all macgyvered if i want to use it), but if you guys would like me to use it, i suppose i always could.

i could probably do it again, unless someone else wants to. we'll see what happens once this league's over.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your win...my headset situation is the same way. It's more trouble than it's worth to use, but I will if you guys want.
And if you don't WANT to run the next league, I would like to, but if you do want to, it's all yours.

[quote name='TJordan522']Congrats on your win...my headset situation is the same way. It's more trouble than it's worth to use, but I will if you guys want.
And if you don't WANT to run the next league, I would like to, but if you do want to, it's all yours.[/QUOTE]

I thought you just got a headset with Rainbow Six: 3, didn't you?

Thanks for the update on when the games are going to be played. Mad props to thatstoobad and cheapy for being the first to get their game in.

I don't think headsets are a necessity to play, but I just think they make the game more fun. Anyone that's played cheapy knows how funny he is when he hits the post or gives up a breakaway. You can always pick up a $5 Mad Catz replacement, which isn't great, but gets the job done pretty well.

sighlintbob--I haven't heard back from you so I will assume we are on for tonight and log on at 11:15. Hope to see you there!

[quote name='repetske']I don't think headsets are a necessity to play, but I just think they make the game more fun. Anyone that's played cheapy knows how funny he is when he hits the post or gives up a breakaway. You can always pick up a $5 Mad Catz replacement, which isn't great, but gets the job done pretty well.[/QUOTE]
alright, you convinced me. you can count me as using a headset.

[quote name='Brad906']sighlintbob--I haven't heard back from you so I will assume we are on for tonight and log on at 11:15. Hope to see you there![/QUOTE]

You have a strange way of confirming. Negative confirmation usually doesn't work too well in leagues like this. I did, however, place a call to sighlintbob as a reminder that I saw you wanted to play tonight at 11:15 and he led me to believe he would be playing, but don't count my saying this as confirmation as I don't like to speak for other people.

[quote name='repetske']You have a strange way of confirming. Negative confirmation usually doesn't work too well in leagues like this. I did, however, place a call to sighlintbob as a reminder that I saw you wanted to play tonight at 11:15 and he led me to believe he would be playing, but don't count my saying this as confirmation as I don't like to speak for other people.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? I sent him his PM back asking to play at 11:15 tonight and I was out of the house until now. So I was just saying that I haven't heard from him and might not until tonight but that I would be online for the game rather than not show up just because he hasn't confirmed.
Whatever, lol...but thanks for calling him.

[quote name='Brad906']What do you mean? I sent him his PM back asking to play at 11:15 tonight and I was out of the house until now. So I was just saying that I haven't heard from him and might not until tonight but that I would be online for the game rather than not show up just because he hasn't confirmed.
Whatever, lol...but thanks for calling him.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you. I didn't get that you were saying you would show up either way, without expectation of him showing up.

Well, sighlintbob and I played and it was really close. He won 3-2. Great game sighlintbob, and sorry I lost my connection before the game.

[quote name='repetske']I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you. I didn't get that you were saying you would show up either way, without expectation of him showing up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's alright. I was just trying to explain, not defend myself or anything.

[quote name='Brad906']Well, sighlintbob and I played and it was really close. He won 3-2. Great game sighlintbob, and sorry I lost my connection before the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you too! It was pretty intense. no big deal on the connection issue. i'm just glad we got it in.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Yeah, you too! It was pretty intense. no big deal on the connection issue. i'm just glad we got it in.[/QUOTE]

You do have a telephone hotline to get it reset now. I could always give out my phone number in case someone ever needs a game reset. I'm rarely too far from a computer.

Hey guys. Check out the league site for additional info. It does some really cool matchup breakdowns for each week, as well as league leaders and other cool stuff if you haven't gone. I also put a link at the bottom of the league page that goes directly to this thread. Click here to check it out. Also, vote for me on the poll.;)

Anyway, nice communication from everyone. I guess it helps having league veterans, except for cfreeze, but I'm sure he'll do fine. I'll try to advance the schedule tomorrow night as soon as the last game is finished.

If anyone wants any changes made to the original post, like AIM names or anything else, just let me know. Thanks for the headset reminder cheapy. I think I bugged thatstoobad about listing that in the last league.

Hope everyone is having fun.

[quote name='repetske']How old is this kid anyway?[/quote]

[quote name='TJordan522']17 lol[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone noticed that.:)

[quote name='repetske']Hey guys. Check out the league site for additional info. It does some really cool matchup breakdowns for each week, as well as league leaders and other cool stuff if you haven't gone. I also put a link at the bottom of the league page that goes directly to this thread. Click here to check it out. Also, vote for me on the poll.;)

[/QUOTE]

the link to this thread is pretty handy. I could definitely see myself using it more than once

What time is tonight's final Week 1 game? I'm ready to advance the schedule.

edit: I heard 10:00. I'll advance the schedule immediately after.

Just got done my game with cfreeze. He did really well for a newcomer to CAGHL. Great game cfreeze, I look forward to playing you again.

[quote name='TJordan522']Just got done my game with cfreeze. He did really well for a newcomer to CAGHL. Great game cfreeze, I look forward to playing you again.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! 1st week seemed to go pretty smooth. On to week 2 now.

CFreeze...let me know what time/day is good for you for our week 2 matchup.

Now that Niedermayer has betrayed the real life Devils, I have no feelings left for him lol. He is on the trading block! Don't miss your chance to pick up one of the game's greatest defenseman! He could really have an impact in this league, so offer away!

So are you not dealing then? Do you have any kind of counter-offer so I could even know what you are looking for. I offered my top defenseman for yours. Did you want some forwards involved in the deal. I'm possibly dealing Alfredsson, but it would take a little to get him.

On a side note, I made an offer to sighlintbob as well. I think it's a pretty good offer. I've almost declined it a couple of times myself, but I'm curious to see what he thinks.

No, Niedermayer is still on the block, but in exchange for someone a bit quicker than Chara. I will look over your team later and see if I can make a counter offer.

And I just got done playing thatstoobad. I can't beat him to save my life! I think he toys with me ;-)....we are always tied with like 4 minutes to go and he always wins at the very end or in OT. Anyway, great game thatstoobad....it sucks I have to play you twice this season!

i sent radjago a trade offer. please check it out.

also, my game with tjordan was very exciting. i scored right as the third period began, giving me a two goal advantage. he then scored two quick goals to tie it up. with a few minutes left, owen nolan got a bit of space in front of the net and popped in his third goal giving me the win.

I played my game against Radjago and was able to prevail in a thrilling overtime victory. It was such a close game, and I had a lot of fun. Radjago is a great guy to play against--very nice and friendly, and very skilled. I can't wait till we play again later this season-great game!

I have confirmation that the final game of the week will be play on Sunday around 8. Hopefully it will happen then so that I can advance the schedule. Special thanks to the six teams that got their games in on day one.

[quote name='Brad906']I played my game against Radjago and was able to prevail in a thrilling overtime victory. It was such a close game, and I had a lot of fun. Radjago is a great guy to play against--very nice and friendly, and very skilled. I can't wait till we play again later this season-great game![/QUOTE]Yes, it was an exciting game. I think the bump to All-Star difficulty has helped.

Congrats to me for the first SH goal of the season!

[quote name='radjago']Yes, it was an exciting game. I think the bump to All-Star difficulty has helped.

Congrats to me for the first SH goal of the season![/QUOTE]

Impressive. Most impressive.

Nice exhibition games today TJ. Remember the immortal words of Vin Diesel. "You never had me. You never had your goal." or something like that. I really thought you had the last two. Thanks for playing.

radjago should really get back to me on that trade offer i sent.

also, i should be sending out some other offers in the near future, so keep a look out for that.

Home from my trip and ready to play again. Problem is, I can't see who I play. The 2k site is down right now and it's not posted in the OP as of now.

[quote name='TJordan522']Home from my trip and ready to play again. Problem is, I can't see who I play. The 2k site is down right now and it's not posted in the OP as of now.[/QUOTE]
i happened to be playing some nhl, so i went to the league in game. here's the schedule:

detroit at calgary
philidelphia at new jersey
vancouver at ottawa
colorado at toronto

[quote name='thatstoobad']radjago should really get back to me on that trade offer i sent.

also, i should be sending out some other offers in the near future, so keep a look out for that.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I haven't been on since my last game. I'll take a look at it within the next day or two.

Edit: Got on and looked over the trade and decided against it. I just can't see my team taking Yzerman's loss well.

I did send a trade offer to the Devils for Kozlov. Check it out. I'm open to other trades as well.

And finally Detroit vs Calgary should be played on Thursday night.

Thanks for the offer on Kozlov radjago, but after my trade with Ottawa, I set up my lines and am very happy with them so I decided to keep Kozlov for now. If any other players are put on the trading block I will let you guys know.

Cheapy and I have spoken about our game and we are trying to work out a time.

Well it looks like i'm the first of the unbeaten to fall. It was a painful 1-0 loss to Thatstoobad with playoff intensity. Nice job Thatstoobad.

I played Silencer last night....he played amazing and I got shut out, 6-0 I think. Nice game repetske!

Thanks Brad. It was really a lot closer than the score. I scored a couple that shouldn't have gone in and I know of 2 or 3 goals that you should have gotten.

Cfreeze and I played a tight and heated game that left me with a 1-0 win. I feel really bad because the one goal was a puck that deflected from his goalie to the elbow of his computer-controlled defender and into the goal.

On the upside, it was on his powerplay, which makes it my second SH goal of the season.

Also I've decided to trade McCarty. I sent a few offers out. If anyone wants to send me an offer, I'll look over it.

bread's done
Back