New Jersey vs. Ottawa *Finals* CAGHL II: Turbo - Summer Edition

[quote name='repetske']Yeah. What a jerk that "someone" is. I didn't know it counted sent messages and wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that. Tomorrow is probably best for me. I usually get off work around 6, so 6:30 is a pretty good time. Your available times were eastern weren't they?

I can't help it that my inbox gets full from my fan mail for total domination of the CAG hockey, basketball, and football leagues.[/QUOTE]
6:30 eastern will be good. i'll be online then, and i'll try to get my headset working.

if you call never being first in the standings and also being lucky enough to catch me on off nights where you are able to score fluke victories over me domination, then yeah, i could see that.

oh, and i better get detroit next season. please?

[quote name='thatstoobad']6:30 eastern will be good. i'll be online then, and i'll try to get my headset working.

if you call never being first in the standings and also being lucky enough to catch me on off nights where you are able to score fluke victories over me domination, then yeah, i could see that.

oh, and i better get detroit next season. please?[/QUOTE]
I've been thinking about switching teams for the next league. Perhaps in more capable hands the Wings will again get to kiss the Cup. I'll have to play some games with other teams and see who clicks.

[quote name='thatstoobad']6:30 eastern will be good. i'll be online then, and i'll try to get my headset working.

oh, and i better get detroit next season. please?[/QUOTE]

Lol. For someone I've never actually spoken to, you sure talk a lot of trash. I like that. :) Oh and what is your definition of an "off night?" Whenever you have to play a superior player such as myself? "Off night" is a saying for losers.

If for some reason I get stuck at work and run late, I'll post on the boards, but I have a feeling I'll be out of projects by 3:30 today and then I have to beg for more work for two hours.

Everyone, please don't start calling teams for the new league until much closer. I'm also thinking of doing some sort of mini tourneys for any one fighting over teams, although with all the free agent signings, just about every team will be pretty damn good. Well, except for Detroit because they are old.

[quote name='ajh2298']What is the process for getting in the league for 2K6, I would like a spot if possible?[/QUOTE]

Either me or thatstoobad will probably be creating a thread soon to create a list of people interested in a large (12-16 teams) league. I hope to discuss it with him when we play today. Just by posting here, I'll make sure your name is on a tentative list.

The only requirement to play is that you don't own Madden NFL 06.;)

[quote name='METH']Put me on that tentative liste please ;)

PS: 12-16 sounds like a good number of teams[/QUOTE]

Oops. I forgot to say no Canadians as well. Sorry. Better luck next year, eh? ;)

You were already on the list whether you wanted to be there or not.

[quote name='Brad906']And to cfreeze: I play you next week when I am on vacation. I don't want to hold up the league, so you can have the free win.[/QUOTE]

Congrats to cfreeze on his first win of the season. The winless win and the lossless lose all in one day.

Nice game thatstoobad. It was nice to have a voice to go with the second best player I know. I knew all that inner turmoil with your team would finally surface. Who's getting traded now?

Oh and schedule is about to be advanced for anyone that cares. I'll update the sites later tonight.

[quote name='repetske']Nice game thatstoobad. It was nice to have a voice to go with the second best player I know. I knew all that inner turmoil with your team would finally surface. Who's getting traded now?[/QUOTE]
like i told you, it was an off night. you are just a lucky guy.

i'll probably take over the next season, unless anyone objects. but i'll start a thread once we are done with this season, because i don't want to take the focus off of my caghlsummer championship.

my account expires in a week. i looked on the xbox dashboard, where they show the automatic renewal with your credit card. has anyone else noticed that it's $50 for a year's subscription or $6 a month (equating to $48 a year)? seems a bit weird.

[quote name='thatstoobad']like i told you, it was an off night. you are just a lucky guy.

i'll probably take over the next season, unless anyone objects. but i'll start a thread once we are done with this season, because i don't want to take the focus off of my caghlsummer championship.

my account expires in a week. i looked on the xbox dashboard, where they show the automatic renewal with your credit card. has anyone else noticed that it's $50 for a year's subscription or $6 a month (equating to $48 a year)? seems a bit weird.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what world you live in, but in the "regular" world, $6 x 12 months is $72.

Also, I tried to be nice and hold back so you could save some face with the rest of the league who thinks you are so unbeatable, but next time we play, it's on like Donkey Kong, biotch!

[POLITE]I am glad that you are strongly considering running the next league. You did a great job in the first one, and any success this league is having is due to your previous league and the standards set.[/POLITE]

[quote name='repetske']I don't know what world you live in, but in the "regular" world, $6 x 12 months is $72. [/QUOTE]
i'm glad that i posted that on the internet, for everyone to see how stupid i can potentially be.

radjago and i played our game today. now i'm on a two game losing streak. can you believe it?

somehow he managed to slide three goals past belfour with seemingly no room left, and was able to shut down my offense. of the shots i was able to get through, it felt like half of them hit the post. good job radjago.

[quote name='thatstoobad']radjago and i played our game today. now i'm on a two game losing streak. can you believe it?

somehow he managed to slide three goals past belfour with seemingly no room left, and was able to shut down my offense. of the shots i was able to get through, it felt like half of them hit the post. good job radjago.[/QUOTE]
That was an unbelievable game. I still can't believe my shots went in. I'm sure CuJo's ears will be ringing for a while after all those close shots. You really controlled most of the game. I just got lucky on a couple shots, and having Sundin in the penalty box a few times didn't hurt. Great game.

The league has now started an investigation into thatstoobad and the possibility that he is fixing games.;) Watch out Pete Rose, there's a new gambling player/manager in town.

[quote name='repetske']The league has now started an investigation into thatstoobad and the possibility that he is fixing games.;) Watch out Pete Rose, there's a new gambling player/manager in town.[/QUOTE]
Oh come on now, give me a little bit of credit. And give hope a chance.

[quote name='radjago']Oh come on now, give me a little bit of credit. And give hope a chance.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. You have been quite improved. Just about all of your games have been very close. I was just talking with Jordan about how good you have been playing this season.

Hey everyone....I'm back from vacation! Looks like I missed a lot of interesting games. Congrats to Radjago on the win over thatstoobad....you've gotten really awesome since last league.

Anyway, glad to be back and I can't wait to play....it's late now so I will PM my opponent tomorrow (whoever it may be....didn't check yet lol.)

Also, I have been compiling a massive list of people interested in the next league so I will post it here and PM it to thatstoobad tomorrow. Although it would be slow getting games in, we might need more than 16 teams if we don't want to leave guys out again.

Talk to you all tomorrow! And thanks to those who joined the Yahoo fantasy league!

Jordan

[quote name='repetske']Hey Jordan,
Your opponent may be closer than you think. It's also the Game of the Week for week 7.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah--I just saw that. We will definately get it done today.....it just sucks that we can't do it over Live since we only have one Xbox. Now our stats won't be recorded and I won't have the players I acquired in trades for this game. Oh well....I'll let you know who wins!

What's the status on the final game of the week, Philly vs. Colorado?

With a strong performance by Colorado, thatstoobad could drop all the way to 4th in the standings. Get ready for real excitement in Week 8, when hell freezes over.

Standings: (TEAM, OWNER, RECORD, GF/GA)
1. Ottawa (Silencer) 6-1 25/11
2. New Jersey (NJDevilsFan) 5-2 27/13
3. Toronto (thatstoobad) 5-2 19/12
4. Colorado (Shadowcat) 4-2 16/12
5. Detroit (Radjago) 3-4 12/18
6. Vancouver (Master91Chief) 2-5 13/20
7. Philadelphia (CheapyD) 1-5 7/15
8. Calgary (cfreeze) 1-6 4/22

[quote name='repetske']What's the status on the final game of the week, Philly vs. Colorado?

[/QUOTE]

I've PM'd Cheapy to see when we can play. It's been a little difficult for me this week since I've been out of town most of the week. I'm hoping we can get it in Sunday evening.

Haven't been on Xbox Live yet, but I will look into Alfredsson whenever I make it on....

thatstoobad...I will also propose some offers for Mogilny.

Cheapy and I got our game in tonight. Pretty hard fought game. I managed to sneak a couple goals in for the win. Nice game Cheapy!

I just proposed a trade to thatstoobad....I want Mogilny, so make me an offer if you don't like mine.

I also proposed a trade to my brother.

Kozlov is involved in both of these potential trades.

I made an offer for Alfredsson but then I revoked it because I want to see how I make out with my other offers before I go after Alfredsson. He is third on my list behind Mogilny and Brendan Morrison.

ok, i looked over the trades offered and wasn't really into any of them. so, i will send each of you (tjordan and repetske) a counter offer, once i figure out what i would be comfortable with.

i also took the trade i had open with vancouver off the table. i don't think it would be in best interest to do that trade now.

Is anyone interested in playing some skills challenge or party games online? I've had this game the whole time, but I've never really tried those modes out.

[quote name='radjago']Is anyone interested in playing some skills challenge or party games online? I've had this game the whole time, but I've never really tried those modes out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure....that could be fun. Just send me an IM next time you see me online.

Here is the list I have been compiling of people who want to play in the next league:

CheapyD
radjago
UltimateMattX
METH
repetske
sighlintbob
cfreeze
thatstoobad
TJordan522
Brad906
neckfurters
onetrackmind
Matt Young
Tojo
zewone
SteveMcQ
Kingdox
BigDirty
darkJester
gomer1andonly
FrankySox
mtimisone

I played sighlintbob tonight and was able to pull of the win. I got sooooo lucky it was unbelievable. Everything went my way. Penalties, deflections, rebounds....it was amazing.

Great game sighlintbob....sorry the 2K gods were against you tonight!

[quote name='Brad906']I played sighlintbob tonight and was able to pull of the win. I got sooooo lucky it was unbelievable. Everything went my way. Penalties, deflections, rebounds....it was amazing.

Great game sighlintbob....sorry the 2K gods were against you tonight![/QUOTE]

No problem....you played a good game. At least I kept you from getting the shutout. LOL!

cheapy and i need our game reset again. everything was going pretty well and it dropped out of nowhere. hopefully we'll be able to get it over the next couple days.

Sorry. I reset it again. I had to run after I played my game and just got home. No hurry guys. There's only two weeks of regular season games left.

Just saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin for the second time. Very funny.

Scores and sites updated. Nice job getting games in.

Sorry about the delay on the reset thatstoobad and Cheapy. Hope the third time is the charm.

cheapy is going to be gone for the weekend, and i won't be available thursday, so we can either wait until after the weekend to try to get our game in, or you can go ahead and give the win to cheapy, since it's more important to him than me (as i've already clinched the all important playoff spot).

let me know if you don't want to wait until early next week to advance the schedule.

Hmm. It might be better to go ahead and advance, but we can wait to see when New Jersey and Calgary play before making a decision.

Here are some cool things I saw on the NHL 2K6 site today:

"For those looking for a real online challenge, gamers now have the ability to conduct live online fantasy drafts on both the league and tournament web pages."

That sounds awesome....we should do that for our next league!

This is sort of cool as well:
"Additionally, you now have the ability to take snapshots in Replay mode during games, and you can put these up on the walls of your Skybox in various places."

And on rosters:
"We are also planning to have one [roster update] ready for the start of the season, as there will be a ton of player movement happening between the time the game ships and when the season starts.

This is good as well, although I was assuming they were going to anyway:
"Yes, we will be implementing the new rules."

Uh-oh. I am trying to get on to play cfreeze now, and my game keeps freezing on the title screen. It's happened about 9 times now in the past few minutes.
This sucks.....it was working fine last night!
It's only $20 but still..........ugh.
I'll keep trying....

DAMNIT! No luck.

I'm so sorry I had to leave you hanging cfreeze....

This blows....the last thing I want is to spend $20 on a replacement 5 days before the new version comes out.

Alright, looks like the win is going to have to go to cfreeze by default....I don't want to hold up the league. Damn....this is not what I needed when I'm barely hanging on to 2nd place and the playoff bye.

Unless I can borrow a copy of the game from my friend, I'm gonna have to bow out of the league....

I'll keep you updated.

You could always pick it up at circuit city for $10 or Gamerush for less I think. We would hate to lose you in the league, so hope you can get another copy.

[quote name='repetske']You could always pick it up at circuit city for $10 or Gamerush for less I think. We would hate to lose you in the league, so hope you can get another copy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize CC had it for ten. In that case, it's mine. :)

bread's done
Back