New Jersey vs. Ottawa *Finals* CAGHL II: Turbo - Summer Edition

Just wanted to say I had a great game with Cheapy...it's a shame your mic wasn't working...I would've liked to talk.
Anyway...it was a tense, 1-0 contest where Cheapy kept getting screwed over and couldn't buy a goal. Then, Elias scored his second goal of the game on a penalty shot and totally changed to momentum of the game, and I went on to win 4-0. WAY CLOSER of a game than the score shows.

On a side note, I am very disappointed that my third line did not get ONE shift all game. I wanted to try out Varada...on the other hand though, Chara was solid on D and Spezza got a goal. Thanks for the trade repetske!

And on another side note, I noticed my 4th line hasn't gotten a shift ALL SEASON. That sucks.

wow, that's a pretty interesting week. my game with colorado was very close (obviously).

radjago, i saw your trade offer, but i'm going to decline it next time i'm on xbox live because i hate darren mccarty, and i refuse to have him on my team. it may be unwarranted, but i don't care. anyone who butchers stooges and damned songs the way he did should be banished. by the way, i absolutely hate that they put grinder's horrible cover of "no fun" in 2k5, although it does make me want to kick someone's ass, so maybe that's a good thing. anyways, i want to play one more game with my current line up, and depending on how that goes i'll probably be sending you a counter offer with most of the same players. i'd still love to have yzerman, but i'd almost feel bad if i took him from the wings, as i'm not sure if i would even want to see him in a different uniform in a video game.

anyways, i'll send brad a PM about our game as soon as i'm done with this post.

I played Radjago....for how well he played, the score is a shocker at 8-2. Curtis Joe-siv gave him no help whatsoever and he kept getting robbed by Brodeur, who extended his shutout streak well into the thirs.

Gionta scored 4 goals and a natural hat trick and he now leads the league in goals. Spezza scored for his second game in a row...2 goals in 2 games with New Jersey.

Varada has still not made his debut as a Devil....the third line never stepped foot on the ice once again.

Anyway, great game Radjago! It was really nice talking to you too, and I can't wait till we play again.

I was browsing the league site at 2KSports checking out some stats and I noticed there was a category for game misconduct penalties. Has anyone ever gotten or seen one of these in NHL 2K5?

brad and i just played our game. it was kind of weird, with lots of scoring and lots of penalties (bertuzzi racked up 12 PIM and ruutu managed to get 8), but i ended up pulling off the win. we lost the connection after the game had ended, so there's no need to reset the game or anything.

i guess everyone on my team got the memo that if they didn't perform they may be traded, as most of the guys i was thinking about moving (sundin, mogilny, roberts and nieuwendyk) all put up pretty good numbers this game. i'm still open to most trade offers, though.

Yeah...it was a VERY interesting game. Tons of penalties lol. I have never missed so many breakaways in my life. I had literally 6 or 7 I couldn't put away that I usually could score on with ease. And Belfour was amazing....he was down and out so many times after I hit one of my many posts, and he would make the sprawling saves.

Anyway....nice game thatstoobad!

Thanks for the contributions guys. Nice to see little activity on the league site. I've read all of thatstoobad's article, but I must read Jordan's in pieces. I may edit the article by including some spaces between paragraphs.

[quote name='repetske']Thanks for the contributions guys. Nice to see little activity on the league site. I've read all of thatstoobad's article, but I must read Jordan's in pieces. I may edit the article by including some spaces between paragraphs.[/QUOTE]

I put spaces in between the paragraphs....did it not come out like that?

I see paragraphs now. I finished the story late last night once my cable came back on. I hope your team isn't in for a huge let down when they play Ottawa.

[quote name='TJordan522']Gotta love this excerpt from the article:
"Moral is low now..."

Haha...an undefeated team coming off of a 5-2 win. Sure....REAL low morale.[/QUOTE]
c'mon, it's about a team that nearly imploding from inner tensions, or something.

also, i see that brad declined one of my trade offers, which is fine seeing as it only really involved guys that get little to no playing time, but that means you must have seen the other trade offer involving the sedin brothers. so, what'd you think of that one?

Wow....I'm still in shock from my game against repetske. I can't believe I was able to beat him. It was a 3-0 game, and I owe everything to Brodeur and my defense. repetske was only able to manage 5 shots in the first, and only 1 in the second. He had nine or so in the third but Brodeur bailed me out ;-)
Madden was also a beast, scoring two goals. I'll probably write an article on the game later tonight...

After the game I was bored and was browsing the stats on Xbox. I noticed my team leads the league in shots (lol by around 70), goals (obviously, with 70 more shots than everyone), and hits. Just thought that was interesting. I didn't realize I was shooting so much....but it's working, I have the second best shot percentage and I just beat the favorite to win the league and keep his title from CAGHL2.

By the way repetske....are you enjoying your CAG T-shirt and the CAG Cup? I'm hoping to have one of those shirts too when this league is done! :) If Cheapy is offering it again, of course.
Does this league's winner get the CAG Cup passed on to them? You should post a pic of it Cheapy/repetske, whoever has it.

[quote name='TJordan522']By the way repetske....are you enjoying your CAG T-shirt and the CAG Cup? I'm hoping to have one of those shirts too when this league is done! :) If Cheapy is offering it again, of course.
Does this league's winner get the CAG Cup passed on to them? You should post a pic of it Cheapy/repetske, whoever has it.[/QUOTE]

Sure, rub it in that I haven't done jack shit yet. ;)
I will work on it this week. Sorry!

I think it should be passed around.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sure, rub it in that I haven't done jack shit yet. ;)
I will work on it this week. Sorry!

I think it should be passed around.[/QUOTE]

Haha....take your time. You're a busy guy!
And yeah, passing it around would be cool.

When do you go to Japan?

Good game Jordan. You really kicked my arse tonight. I knew I should have waited a day. You were very aggressive around my goalie and I turned it over too much in my own end. Your offense was quite tenacious.

and another undefeated team bites the dust...nice job TJordan! It'll be okay repetske. i'm sure you'll be back with a vengence. i know how you hate to lose. LOL!

[quote name='thatstoobad']i just sent brad/vancouver a trade offer, and i also sent radjago/detroit a counter offer. check it out.[/QUOTE]
I decided to take you up on your offer. Any chance I can get it approved in the next 15 minutes or so?

Sorry rad. I just got on. I was out late last night and my job has gotten pretty funny about what sites people visit. I'll put the trade through now, so you have plenty of time to get all your lines set. Don't forget to change your pp and sh lines as well. A lot of people forget those.

[quote name='radjago']I decided to take you up on your offer. Any chance I can get it approved in the next 15 minutes or so?[/QUOTE]
yeah! zetterberg's a leaf now.

brad, i would still like to work out a trade to get the sedin brothers in toronto, so if you see anything that you'd be into, feel free to send an offer. i'll probably throw another offer involving a few different players at you soon.

cfreeze and i will be playing on sunday night. sorry it's so long, but it seems to be the only time that our schedules intersect.

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey guys-
I started a Cheap Ass Gamer fantasy hockey league at Yahoo. If you are interested, feel free to join!

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

League ID: 2250
Password: CAG

I know repetske is in....but we could always use more players! It's a lot of fun and you should give it a shot.

Hope to see most of you there![/QUOTE]

Joined today!

ok, i sent vancouver another trade offer, i think it's pretty fair.

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey guys-
I started a Cheap Ass Gamer fantasy hockey league at Yahoo. If you are interested, feel free to join![/QUOTE]
when's the deadline on that? i might be into joining, but i'm sure if i'll have the time.

[quote name='thatstoobad']ok, i sent vancouver another trade offer, i think it's pretty fair.

when's the deadline on that? i might be into joining, but i'm sure if i'll have the time.[/QUOTE]

You can sign up anytime before the September 25 draft. Hope to see you there!

thatstoobad....sorry I haven't posted yet regarding the Sedin twins. Your offer is extremely tempting....and I was about to accept it until Henrik scored a crucial GWG for me today against Cheapy. There is still an excellent chance I will trade them however, but let me mull it over for a week and I will either accept you offer or send one back when I get home from vacation next Friday night.

And to cfreeze: I play you next week when I am on vacation. I don't want to hold up the league, so you can have the free win.

Thatstoobad....I am very interested in acquiring Mogilny. I sent you an offer....please look it over and send one back if it is not satisfactory. I will be away for a week though, so we will probably have to deal then.

sighlintbob was nice enough to play me in an exhibition game to determine the winner of our matchup that I won't be able to make next week. It was really really close, and he came out on top 4-3 in OT.
Thanks for playing and great game sighlintbob!
Talk to all of you next week when I get back!

ok, first of all i'd like to apologize to cfreeze. i thought my headset was good to go, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. i'm going to have to go back to the drawing board to devise a plan to keep the earpiece connected.

cfreeze and i played our very laggy game this evening. we even restarted, and though the lag wasn't quite as bad the second time, it still hurt the game quite a bit. cfreeze got the worse end, i think, because not only did he have to contend with the lag, but he had to deal with his team making repeated penalties. it seems like there was a ton of stops in the play this game. in the end, i was able to pop a few in and grab the win.

next up is the grudge match between ottawa and toronto.

[quote name='thatstoobad']next up is the grudge match between ottawa and toronto.[/QUOTE]

Grudge match? I thought we were all friends here.;)

By the way, schedule has been advanced.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How long's this league going? Just wanted to see if I could join the next league or be an alternate should you need one.[/QUOTE]

It's just 10 weeks. We're waiting for 2k6 to start the full league. We'll keep you up to date and send out a mass pm when it's about to start enrollment.

Added standing to the first post, as well as the cut-off for the playoffs. Playoff spots will be determined by record and ties will be decided by goals for to goals against ratio. I assume I can decide what teams are allowed into the playoffs and the seeding. thatstoobad, please let me know if that is not the case.

since someone's PM inbox is completely full and i can't send them a PM about when to play our game this week, here's the times i can play:

wednesday (8/24): after 6 PM
thursday: between 4 and 6 PM
friday: anytime up to 6:30 PM
saturday: can't play
sunday: after 8 PM

those are all eastern times, so get back to me as to when would be best for you.

[quote name='thatstoobad']since someone's PM inbox is completely full and i can't send them a PM about when to play our game this week, here's the times i can play:

wednesday (8/24): after 6 PM
thursday: between 4 and 6 PM
friday: anytime up to 6:30 PM
saturday: can't play
sunday: after 8 PM

those are all eastern times, so get back to me as to when would be best for you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. What a jerk that "someone" is. I didn't know it counted sent messages and wasn't paying attention. Sorry about that. Tomorrow is probably best for me. I usually get off work around 6, so 6:30 is a pretty good time. Your available times were eastern weren't they?

I can't help it that my inbox gets full from my fan mail for total domination of the CAG hockey, basketball, and football leagues.

Can we get this game reset?
Philadelphia (1-4) @ Detroit (1-4)

ESPN Videogames went down in the first period. Its been acting extra gay lately.
Sometimes I can sign in, but can't access the leagues.

[quote name='repetske']I can't help it that my inbox gets full from my fan mail for total domination of the CAG hockey, basketball, and football leagues.[/QUOTE]
You dominate only because I'm not in any of 'em...hahaha (just friendly banter from an onlooker).:)

[quote name='CheapyD']Can we get this game reset?
Philadelphia (1-4) @ Detroit (1-4)

ESPN Videogames went down in the first period. Its been acting extra gay lately.
Sometimes I can sign in, but can't access the leagues.[/QUOTE]

Consider it done.

bread's done
Back