New Jersey vs. Ottawa *Finals* CAGHL II: Turbo - Summer Edition

[quote name='TJordan522']Here are some cool things I saw on the NHL 2K6 site today:

"For those looking for a real online challenge, gamers now have the ability to conduct live online fantasy drafts on both the league and tournament web pages."

That sounds awesome....we should do that for our next league!

This is sort of cool as well:
"Additionally, you now have the ability to take snapshots in Replay mode during games, and you can put these up on the walls of your Skybox in various places."

And on rosters:
"We are also planning to have one [roster update] ready for the start of the season, as there will be a ton of player movement happening between the time the game ships and when the season starts.

This is good as well, although I was assuming they were going to anyway:
"Yes, we will be implementing the new rules."[/QUOTE]

Bumping this up just in case it got lost among my posting spree of frustration yesterday.

Hey thatstoobad and cheapy. Should I go ahead and advance the schedule? I was trying to give you a guys a little time to play, just in case your schedules matched up by the holiday, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

[quote name='repetske']Hey thatstoobad and cheapy. Should I go ahead and advance the schedule? I was trying to give you a guys a little time to play, just in case your schedules matched up by the holiday, but I guess it doesn't really matter.[/QUOTE]
if cheapy is available tomorrow i will be able to play him. we may have been able to play tonight, but stuff came up (i'm going to go see sloan play some rock and roll) so i won't be able to play, which means you can just give him the win if you want. sorry.

[quote name='TJordan522']Let's get this show on the road already!!!! ;-)[/QUOTE]
don't you play me in the next week? if i were you, i'd be hoping this week would never end.

we should be playing tonight, hopefully.

[quote name='thatstoobad']don't you play me in the next week? if i were you, i'd be hoping this week would never end.

we should be playing tonight, hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Haha....I think so, but I'm not positive. Watch out...I am dying to beat you for the first time in a season game. I've beaten you in tournaments but ended up blowing that lol.

alright, cheapy said he would probably be able to play tonight, but i won't be available (again). give him the win, advance the schedule, and let's get this league moving towards the finish.

sorry for holding everything up.

You can advance the schedule any day now Repetske ;-)
Lol just kidding....I know you've been busy, but I am anxious to play thatstoobad!

I was thinking of advancing through the rest of the regular season since all the playoff teams are set and 2k6 is coming out soon, like tomorrow soon. How does everyone feel about that?

[quote name='repetske']I was thinking of advancing through the rest of the regular season since all the playoff teams are set and 2k6 is coming out soon, like tomorrow soon. How does everyone feel about that?[/QUOTE]
i don't care if you advance the schedule to the playoffs, but it seems to me that the bottom two playoff spots haven't been clinched yet (but i could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time my math has failed me). it should really be up to cheapy, since he's the one it would have the most impact on.

you should at least advance the schedule to the next week if you can while we wait for a decision. maybe tjordan and i can get an extra game in or something in the meantime.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i don't care if you advance the schedule to the playoffs, but it seems to me that the bottom two playoff spots haven't been clinched yet (but i could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time my math has failed me). it should really be up to cheapy, since he's the one it would have the most impact on.

you should at least advance the schedule to the next week if you can while we wait for a decision. maybe tjordan and i can get an extra game in or something in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good....I start school tomorrow so that wouldnt be good, how about anytime Thursday or Friday after 6?

[quote name='repetske']I was thinking of advancing through the rest of the regular season since all the playoff teams are set and 2k6 is coming out soon, like tomorrow soon. How does everyone feel about that?[/QUOTE]go for it.

Can I call the Avs for the 2K6 league? I know sighlintbob has them right now, but if he didn't mind I'd love to have 'em. Had 'em in the last league. We can play for the team if you'd like. Or I can pick another team whatever the powers that be decide. Thanks.

Even though I know nothing about hockey, if we can call teams, I want St. Louis. The NAHL's Jr. Blues played in my hometown on Springfield, IL, so I have an attachment.

[quote name='repetske']I was thinking of advancing through the rest of the regular season since all the playoff teams are set and 2k6 is coming out soon, like tomorrow soon. How does everyone feel about that?[/QUOTE]
As long as Cheapy and cfreeze are okay with it, I'm for it.

I'll be picking up my NHL 2k6 later today. If people are already calling teams I want the Red Wings. I'll play for them if anyone wants. Or however it's going to be decided.

p.s. I don't want them because they're overpowered (they are), I am from Michigan.

cool, let's get this thing going. how will the first round work, since there are 6 playoff teams?

also, i would prefer if everyone would stop calling teams for the next season. i'll make a thread as soon as the playoffs are over here, and as far as i'm concerned that's the only thread where calling teams will count.

I might have totally screwed up the league. I simmed the games but messed up where two teams got 2 wins and two teams got 2 losses. Somehow radjago ended up getting beat out of the playoffs by cheapy, but then I thought I could just drop cheapy from the league in order for detroit to slip in, but that didn't work either.

I thought I remembered thatstoobad having control over the playoffs as far as what teams made it in, but maybe not. So, thatstoobad, please offer any suggestion on how to fix this screw up. Damn, I'm so stupid sometimes.

i'm pretty sure all you can do is drop cheapy from the philidelphia and drop radjago from detroit, then send radjoago a league invite and let him play as the flyers. they don't give you enough control over the standings and stuff as they should.

i just looked at the league site, how they heck did philidelphia end up making the playoffs when detroit obviously had a better record? i hope this fix this shit in the new game.

So can I get confirmation that a 2K6 league will definitely be run? Either today or tomorrow, I'm going to pick up a PS2 and a couple games, and I may as well pick up 2K6 for Xbox if you guys are sure we'll have a league.

[quote name='Matt Young']So can I get confirmation that a 2K6 league will definitely be run? Either today or tomorrow, I'm going to pick up a PS2 and a couple games, and I may as well pick up 2K6 for Xbox if you guys are sure we'll have a league.[/QUOTE]
yeah dude, there's going to be a league.

Alright, just wanted to make sure. I didn't know if people would be waiting for the 360 version, or at least til after the season starts, or what.

[quote name='Brad906']Nice game thatstoobad.
Good luck against my brother.[/QUOTE]
hey, that was only game 1. i still have to win another game before i've moved, and you still have a chance to win the series.

when brad and i tried to pay game 2, the game dropped giving me the win. so instead, we played an exhibition game, where i managed to score a goal in overtime and win. so you don't have to reset any games or anyting, you can leave it how it is.

I sent radjago a pm about switching over to Philly, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I can't believe I missed signing up for the tourney. Bummer.

as tojordan said, we played our first game last night as an exhibition, with me gaining a win. we should be playing game two (and possibly three, i guess) tomorrow afternoon. we're just doing it this way to quicken the playoffs so we can get the full season started, though now we're going to have to wait for this new tournament to end.

[quote name='repetske']I sent radjago a pm about switching over to Philly, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I can't believe I missed signing up for the tourney. Bummer.[/QUOTE]
speaking of the tournament for 2k6, i'm pretty sure you can still join it, as the only size limit was placed as 16 teams and an even number if less than 16.

[quote name='thatstoobad']speaking of the tournament for 2k6, i'm pretty sure you can still join it, as the only size limit was placed as 16 teams and an even number if less than 16.[/QUOTE]
You're speaking about the preseason 2K6 tournament right? I didn't miss a thread about the regular one?

And how are the playoffs coming along? Which teams are still in?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You're speaking about the preseason 2K6 tournament right? I didn't miss a thread about the regular one?

And how are the playoffs coming along? Which teams are still in?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's talking about the preseason tournament.

And thatstoobad and I are in the conference finals right now, so to speak. He is up 1 game to none.

On the other side of the bracket, repetske has a first round bye into the conference finals and sighlintbob/shadowcat is playing radjago in the first round.

Sorry guys, I've fallen terribly ill and I'm away from my Xbox until Monday. Go ahead and give sighlintbob the win or if someone else would like to fill in for Philly, go ahead. Hopefully I'll stop puking up yellow shit in time to get into the 2K6 league.

Thatstoobad and I just played Game 2 of the ocnference finals, and it was one hell of a game. It was without a doubt the most fun, exciting, and tense NHL game I have ever been in.
Thatstoobad spent the entire third period holding me off with a 3-2 lead, but with 4 minutes left in regulation I was able to tie it up.
We battled hard into OT.
Once we were in overtime, complete mayhem broke out. Tons of checking, diving, blocking, post hitting, slashing, sprawling saves lol....it was crazy.
The first OT ended with no scoring, as did the second.

FINALLY, with 6:12 left in triple OT, I scored and forced game 3.

Final Score:
Devils 4
Leafs 3

Shots:
Devils 59
Leafs 75

[quote name='radjago']Sorry guys, I've fallen terribly ill and I'm away from my Xbox until Monday. Go ahead and give sighlintbob the win or if someone else would like to fill in for Philly, go ahead. Hopefully I'll stop puking up yellow shit in time to get into the 2K6 league.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're feeling better soon Radjago!

well, i lost. jordan played a great game, and managed to grab another win. now, since i'm out, i can finally say "hurry this thing up so we can get on to 2k6."

[quote name='thatstoobad']well, i lost. jordan played a great game, and managed to grab another win. now, since i'm out, i can finally say "hurry this thing up so we can get on to 2k6."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you played amazing as well. I owe my win to some luckily timed lag and Brodeur.

I can't wait for the 2K6 league either! Although the preseason tourney should start soon to hold us over.

The finals are set for the CAGHL: Summer Edition. Nice game sighlintbob. Let me know if you want to finish this thing Jordan. 2k5 feels really weird now.

bread's done
Back